It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
a reply to: ImaFungi

I don't know but I think you may be stumbling onto something. Since the word transcendence has been I dropped I will mention that I astrally projected once as a child right around the time that I really started grasping the idea of who I was inside. I also lucid dreamed a lot which I actually did intentionally at the time ( I thought it was fun until...) but I didn't know the terminology or all the deep thought behind it. I just did it.

I also prayed really hard once when I was about 11 for God not to let me die until I achieved womanhood. I have survived some pretty crazy ish let me tell you...just saying.

That's perfect.. God must really love you then.. he loves everyone..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That's a good question that I can't really answer. I think because on some level I think if I acknowledge that I might actually die as silly as that sounds.

Now know that I am not scared of death just not ready.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

The divine creator loves us all

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's a good question that I can't really answer. I think because on some level I think if I acknowledge that I might actually die as silly as that sounds.

Ok, well I dont want that.

Though I am interested if you could say; how much of your interest has to do with the nature of sex?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm pretty much done with that unless I somehow find someone that truly loves me unconditionally and TRULY. There is a lot about me and who I am that average person definitely couldn't get past. a reply to: ImaFungi

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Mortality.. well, we are all mortal now aren't we.. ? I think the important thing is to feel as though we have accomplished everything we wished to have accomplished while being here.. to love everyone we have had the opportunity to love while being here, and to leave peacefully with few or no regrets before leaving..

Self accomplishment before departure as it were.. I don't know if you listen very much to George Noory from CoasttoCoastam.com radio, but he has a number of very interesting guests on his show, and he talks about virtually everything.. all the way from near death experiences paranormal encounters to numerology astrology, patriot movements, aliens ufos, you name it he will have an interesting talk show guest about it.. professors talking about natural disasters, mafias, illuminati conspiracies just about everything; You should totally tune in to his show, and no matter where you are, whether in LA., Sf, Missiouri or Maryland his show is indeed broadcasted in your area.. Just look him up. Here is the link: www.coasttocoastam.com...

He has a relatively gentle voice, and can be pleasant to listen to at times..tonight they are talking to John Hogue, someone who is relatively well versed on Nostradamus, so he's on the show tonight..I happen to have a monthly subscription to his show! I like coasttocoastam radio.
edit on 20-5-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Here is a link www.coasttocoastam.com... where if you scroll down to the bottom where the map of the u.s. is, you can locate your state (the state you live in) and then find the local station that conducts the broacast of his radio program.. Try it out and give it a shot, see if you like it..

In say for example Allentown, PA the show on MF goes from 1am to 6am.. in any case that link I posted here, has the map and you simply choose your state to determine what time the broadcast is conducted.. it's a neat show.. alot of night people tune in..
edit on 20-5-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ok yeah I'll have to check that out some time.a reply to: tony9802

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It was mostly UFOs, paranormal and ghosts, and conspiracy stuff but less political than today, more fringe: like underground bases, men in black, black budget, majestic 12, coverups.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda
I'm totally into all that stuff too and that's what I was looking for when I first came and the general vibe has changed a bit over time.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: honested3

I had a transgender friend who taught me a lot about bravery.
Being who he/she is and discovering like any other human life what its like to strive to be person you need and want to be
comes with greater challenges and obstacles.

I think more of our friendship than any other soc-norm because of his/her uniqueness and I could always be myself around.
I often wonder how she is doing and think about how unfair and rash judgement-doling harsh people are and how long-suffering and courageous my friend is.

Acceptance first has to come from you as best and unwavering. Family is always the ones to shun those that make them stand out as a hypocrite for putting on their own daily face of fake for the societal fascade mirroring around.

I got tired of people throwing their misguided judgement and harsh criticism that had left me battling with depression all my life. Who they thought I should be that would make them less uncomfortable and miserable with their own "lack of acceptance" and love for themselves not mine.

One day I was so feed up with it, I said "Look you don't have a problem with me, you have a problem with God. Why don't you go tell my creator what a piece of sh-- he made that you don't like and not me!" The look on their face was like a spiritual truth massive ugly stick just beat reality on it ...turning & walking away, saying not another word. And that was the day I realized I loved me as God made me and that is all that mattered and was never depressed again.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The last part made me chuckle a bit but you sound like a truly compassionate person who really gets it. All of us in the trans community are appreciative of and grateful to every real friend we have. I for one will actually defend my friends and loved ones with the tenacity of a lioness defending her cubs. Oddly enough I tend to let more go when it is directed at me personally. For my people though I have no problem being the tip of the spear, I mean the majority already hate me and my "kind" anyway right. reply to: FreshTM

edit on CDTThu, 21 May 2015 08:14:59 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago21-05:00Thu, 21 May 2015 08:14:59 -050014 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I find the argument that homosexual/bisexual/transgender people "push" their sexual orientation down people's throats amusing.

Ever listen to the radio? Watch TV?

We're constantly inundated with heterosexual themes, innuendos and stereotypes. Unless you don't consume any kind of media, you are being exposed to heterosexual lifestyles constantly. The way I see it, sexuality in general is being pushed down everyone's throat -- not just homosexuality/transgender/bisexuality.

I don't care what other people do in their private lives as much as the next guy -- but for some reason it's OK to know about heterosexual people's sex lives but not others?
You said it yourself-people are used to it. You see it everywhere you go. This isn't really relegated to any age group either, so you probably not only see it everywhere, but have been seeing it everywhere for a long time.

In short: Heterosexuals are blinded by their own privilege.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
a reply to: infolurker

To be honest I totally understand the uncomfortable aspect of having someone with different genitalia using the "wrong" bathroom. I know to be honest I am not comfortable with others in the bathroom at all, but still it is a right as a human being to have access to these things. Look at what they are doing in (I want to say Canada, I apologize if that is off) where they made it illegal to use a restroom outside the assigned sex. You see trans women in dresses in the men's bathroom and transmen in the women's restroom.

If we are being honest though, its not us you have to worry about, its people like you that we have to worry about, the supposedly loving and accepting Christians. In fact I would love to have a "transgender" bathroom only to avoid people like yourself.

I bet you do understand. Entitlement, that is.

I completely disagree with teaching children about alternative sexual lifestyles. It boils my blood that dishonest people in the LGBT community indeed are pushing an agenda down people's throats. As if just because I disagree with your sexual choi- *ahem* lifestyle I need to be "taught", as if I'm uneducated. No no, that is not progression although some people believe it is.

Modern psychology was correct IMO when it decided to document (until the 70s, for reasons I will hold off on explaining) that homosexuality is a mental disorder; at the root of which is most commonly a traumatic childhood experience, causing disassociation. “Good touch, bad touch” problems.

I’ve come to this conclusion after having intelligent discussions with several of the LGBT people in my life who I consider to be friends, some of whom I consider family.

Some have become self-aware and accept that what they enjoy sexually is just that, nothing more. Others have a tendency toward extreme denial.

I dislike those in the LGBT community who incorrectly quote the Civil Rights Act as proof that being gay and being black are similar struggles. These types of comments make me think an agenda is being pushed.

I also dislike how TPTB have been using movements like LGBT and feminists to quell the uprising that has been boiling in this country for centuries.

And I especially dislike how many dishonest representatives of the LGBT community are so self-absorbed in their agenda that they fail to see their own hatefulness. Hypocrisy! I call reverse-bigotry! *sarcasm folks*

We should come to grips with the fact that certain behaviors are not acceptable for our society and for good reason. These rules have kept us alive for thousands of years.

Of course I will let you live how you want to live, but I will also tell you when you are wrong. Nothing hateful about that.

P.S. The reason you see so much "heterosexuality" pushed on MSM is because that is how they CAME INTO THIS WORLD. It is a celebration of life.
edit on 22-5-2015 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2015 by prepared4truth because: YT embedding

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I love south park and admittedly have not seen that episode and I like how in that relevant and humorous clip you provided that all cartman really wanted was to take his ****. I think it also was a pretty good example of how it shouldn't really be hard to tell who is in it for the "long haul" and who is simply abusing the term.

I also think that you were implying that if we as society loosen up on our views towards people that do not obediently conform to your ideas of what is acceptable social behavior that the world is suddenly going to come screeching to a halt. Oh and I'm also pretty sure that WE have been around going all the way back to before your "good book " was written. In fact if you go by that then you will remember that entire cities of the "deprave" existed and included things far worse than alternative sexual practices.

So anyway the real condemnation of Soddom and gohmorra wasn't about anything that they did it was truly about what they failed to do. They failed to show hospitality and compassion to strangers in their city (all save for lot who offered his own daughters up to try to save his guests WOW, must have knownit was a test). Do you not see the irony here in that now it seems to be the shoe has switched feet. Now it is the militant religious right that is failing to show compassion and hospitality to strangers based on differences of sexual opinion.

Oh how the mighty have fallen... a reply to: prepared4truth

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 05:21:42 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 05:21:42 -050021 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 05:24:47 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 05:24:47 -050024 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

I’ve come to this conclusion after having intelligent discussions with several of the LGBT people in my life who I consider to be friends, some of whom I consider family.

Oh yes, the I have gay friends, but argument...

I'm sorry, but would they consider you family? If they truly knew that you are under the impression they suffer from a mental disorder?

You can't possibly believe that you care that much about these people, when something as silly as their sexual orientation, offends you to the point of stating they need to seek help.

Modern psychology was correct IMO when it decided to document (until the 70s, for reasons I will hold off on explaining) that homosexuality is a mental disorder;

You should probably explain, I'd like to learn why you think the science of the 1970's is more relevant or correct than that of the 21st century.

I dislike those in the LGBT community who incorrectly quote the Civil Rights Act as proof that being gay and being black are similar struggles. These types of comments make me think an agenda is being pushed.

You're right about that, it's not the same struggle, at all. Doesn't make their quest for equal rights any less important however, it's just not comparable.

We should come to grips with the fact that certain behaviors are not acceptable for our society and for good reason. These rules have kept us alive for thousands of years.

Homosexuality has been around for as long as it's opposite. Observed in nature everywhere, in 1000 different animal species ( and we are no different from any other animal, except for larger brains and thumbs) even in African tribes who had no concept of gender or sex.

Of course I will let you live how you want to live, but I will also tell you when you are wrong. Nothing hateful about that.

When your opinion is based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence, you can see how I won't really take it to heart when you tell me how 'wrong' I am.

~Tenth
edit on 5/22/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Modern psychology was correct IMO when it decided to document (until the 70s, for reasons I will hold off on explaining) that homosexuality is a mental disorder;

You should probably explain, I'd like to learn why you think the science of the 1970's is more relevant or correct than that of the 21st century.

He really should. It is wonderfully revealing, and it really ruffles the feathers of the homosexualists.

I suspect he knows though, that it would just be answered with emotional hysterics -

You can't possibly believe that you care that much about these people, when something as silly as their sexual orientation, offends you to the point of stating they need to seek help.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I love south park and admittedly have not seen that episode and I like how in that relevant and humorous clip you provided that all cartman really wanted was to take his ****. I think it also was a pretty good example of how it shouldn't really be hard to tell who is in it for the "long haul" and who is simply abusing the term.

I also think that you were implying that if we as society loosen up on our views towards people that do not obediently conform to your ideas of what is acceptable social behavior that the world is suddenly going to come screeching to a halt. Oh and I'm also pretty sure that WE have been around going all the way back to before your "good book " was written. In fact if you go by that then you will remember that entire cities of the "deprave" existed and included things far worse than alternative sexual practices.

Thank you for a civil response, Trapped.

I think the point of the clip was not "all he wanted to do was take his #". I think the point was that he was being disingenuous (as usual) in order to abuse a certain privilege he did not have access to as a straight male. There was an ulterior motive.

As for the rest of your post, I'm actually not religious in the traditional sense, but I will attempt to dialogue with you on the topic.

If I remember correctly, the Old Testament did mention cities like Soddom and Gomorrah as an affront to God.

The lifestyles of the people in these cities were utterly detested by God, as evidenced when he destroyed them. Although there were behaviors "worse" than alternative sexual practice, homosexuality was indeed on the list of depraved lifestyles which God did not like.

I would also like to note that in our modern Bible, there is never mentioned a "scale" of sin. No sin is better or worse than another, because they are all sins and must be forgiven, or whatever.

Yes the attitudes of the people were inhospitable... this is the exact path America is on. With all of our "knowledge" and "progression" we are producing greedy, lustful inhospitable people. I think that story is definitely a warning of what can happen when you go too far with accepting social behaviors.

a reply to: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: prepared4truth

Oh yes, the I have gay friends, but argument...

I'm sorry, but would they consider you family? If they truly knew that you are under the impression they suffer from a mental disorder?

There is no "I have gay friends argument". The statement is truly a reflection of my position. Would you rather I comment on LGBT people but then say "I've never actually met a gay person"?

To say that I can't care about these people because YOU don't understand how I could possibly be friends with somebody who is mentally traumatized, is ignorant and undermines the genuine level of trust we have in each other.

We don't always have to agree to be friends. Most of my LGBT friends and family know my stance; some of them disagree. Their sexual orientation does not offend me, but I find it interesting that you say "something as silly as..."

Since you asked so nicely...

The position papers of the APA (American Psychiatric Association) cleary state that there was insufficient evidence to prove that people were born homosexual.

This insinuates that the removal of homosexuality from the list of mental disorders was actually the response of pressure from the LGBT community at the time, not from scientific study which stated otherwise. I'm just going to quote one of the many research papers done on the topic so those who do not know about the situation will be better educated.

You're right about that, it's not the same struggle, at all. Doesn't make their quest for equal rights any less important however, it's just not comparable.

I'm glad we agree on this. I really don't like when people try to push the issue of "who struggles/has struggled harder".

Homosexuality has been around for as long as it's opposite. Observed in nature everywhere, in 1000 different animal species ( and we are no different from any other animal, except for larger brains and thumbs) even in African tribes who had no concept of gender or sex.

When your opinion is based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence, you can see how I won't really take it to heart when you tell me how 'wrong' I am.

~Tenth

So I'll just say this... cannibalism has "been around". Molestation has "been around". This does not mean the behavior should be socially acceptable. One of the things that separates us from animals is our heightened ability to interact on a social level, this should not be taken lightly.

I like how my statements have been cherry picked but trust me, I have no problem "revealing" my opinion. My opinion is backed by scientific research by others as well as my own personal experience so I have nothing to fear/deny!
edit on 22-5-2015 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So what your basically saying is that my brain is somehow damaged therefore inferior to your undamaged healthy brain and in this I am also socially detestable?

Do I/we scare you as if some demented character from a movie putting the lotion on the skin? Is that it are you scared?

What, what do we have to do to get you so called normal mentally healthy people to stop making horrible assumptions about us?

reply to: prepared4truth

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My brain is fine, I have experienced things that would have turned the strongest of "perfectly healthy" brains to turn to weeping puddles of mush. Yet no PTSD here nope, no social anxiety (other than being gawked at).a reply to: TrappedPrincess

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 18:35:56 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 18:35:56 -050035 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join