It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: Cuervo

Sir - your biology is not 'words on paper.'

It is who you ARE.

Then why did you ask her what was on her birth certificate?

To demonstrate the simple and obvious FACT that his biology reflects his birth certificate...

He IS a man.

But you JUST said:

your biology is not 'words on paper.'

Which is it?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
And you are not. Perhaps you are upset that I am more of a man than you will ever be and a better woman than you will ever have. a reply to: Seamrog

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 21:29:16 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 21:29:16 -050029 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Which is it?

You overly complicate this.

You are either born:

1) Male

2) Female

and:

3) You can NEVER change that.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

You forgot to include intersex.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is interesting:

Like all individuals, some intersex individuals may be raised as a certain sex (male or female) but then identify with another later in life, while most do not. Like non-intersex people, some intersex individuals may not identify themselves as either exclusively female or exclusively male. The passports and identification documents of Australia and some other nationalities have adopted "X" as a valid third category besides "M" (male) and "F" (female), at least since 2003. In 2013, Germany became the first European nation to allow babies with characteristics of both sexes to be registered as indeterminate gender on birth certificates, amidst opposition and skepticism from intersex organisations who point out that the law appears to mandate exclusion from male or female categories.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Which is it?

You overly complicate this.

You are either born:

1) Male

2) Female

and:

3) You can NEVER change that.

Why is your perspective on gender the only thing that can't change? Where you born with a foreskin? Is it still there? But... that's something that can NEVER change, gasp! What about a cleft lip? YOU ARE EITHER BORN WITH A CLEFT LIP OR A WHOLE LIP... THAT CAN NEVER CHANGE!!!! It wud be unattrul, by golly!

What crap world we would live in if you were in charge of medicine and science.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

And the truth is there are a whole lot of older people out there who don't even know they're intersex.

What's truly sickening about it is how the doctors decide what sex the baby will be. They measure the penis and, if it's of "penetrating" length, they make it into a boy but, if not, surprise, it's a girl! It's as if their definition of the female gender is based entirely on a lack of a penis. That sort of shows you the insight these old-school doctors had on gender. So of course these people grow up and many, predictably, don't feel like the proper gender and they find out years after the fact.

Male and female natal genitalia are pretty damned similar. Just arranged differently. We all started out as girls.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

The fact that I was born with a foreskin and had it removed does NOT change the fact that I am a man.

To my very DNA, I am a man, and nothing I could ever do will alter that.

A man can have his penis removed, and inject himself with female hormones - dress himself like a woman and even put implants in his chest to resemble a woman - but -

He will STILL be a man - a mutilated man, but a man nonetheless.

Everything else is just silly fantasy and self-indulgent psychosis.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ok cool man, we get it your opinion (unlike my sex) will never change so feel free to stay out of this conversation. I don't really think their is anything left for you to contribute.

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 22:02:01 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 22:02:01 -050002 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The fact that I was born with a foreskin and had it removed does NOT change the fact that I am a man.

To my very DNA, I am a man, and nothing I could ever do will alter that.

A man can have his penis removed, and inject himself with female hormones - dress himself like a woman and even put implants in his chest to resemble a woman - but -

He will STILL be a man - a mutilated man, but a man nonetheless.

Then you are not a forskinned man. You can chop it off, wear them for earings, let a Rabbi eat it, but you will NEVER be a man without a foreskin.

You can't just go from a forskinned male to a unforskinned male.

Is any of your irony getting through to you?!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm not afraid or unaccepting of transgender people. I have a huge problem with them trying to push their agenda on everyone else, but then, I have a huge problem with ANY group pushing their agenda on others.

The biggest problem I have with transgender is "pick a bathroom that best represents the sex you identify with".

So at this point, despite the fact there are Unisex bathrooms and change rooms in most facilities, we're still supposed to let women who think they're men in the men's bathroom all in the name of political correctness, or in the case of California, because it's LAW.

No problem with you wanting to be transgender, but I'm not adjusting my lifestyle to accommodate you.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Then you are not a forskinned man. You can chop it off, wear them for earings, let a Rabbi eat it, but you will NEVER be a man without a foreskin.

Of course I am still a man.

I could chop off my ears, or my nose, or my fingers, and I would still be a MAN.

You are making my point for me tinkerbell.

Nothing I could do to my body would change the FACT that I am a man.

No lipstick, no dresses, no fake boobs - no internal fantasy -

...NOTHING could change it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
So at this point, despite the fact there are Unisex bathrooms and change rooms in most facilities, we're still supposed to let women who think they're men in the men's bathroom all in the name of political correctness, or in the case of California, because it's LAW.

You realize that most transmen like to grow out their beards and get all muscly (understandably). How well do you think they would be received in the women's room? Chances are, you've pissed next to a transman at the stalls at least once in your life.

Seriously, the transmen I know who have been in transition for an extended period of time are downright alpha-male looking.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Of course I am still a man.

I could chop off my ears, or my nose, or my fingers, and I would still be a MAN.

You are making my point for me tinkerbell.

Nothing I could do to my body would change the FACT that I am a man.

No lipstick, no dresses, no fake boobs - no internal fantasy -

...NOTHING could change it.

Did you really just come full circle to the original rant you came in with? Really?!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Nice denial.

Born male = male.

Born female = female.

Attempt to alter = mental disorder.

Where do you fit in?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I find it interesting that Seamrog haven't replied to any of my posts. Selective replying?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Ultimately if you call me mentally deficient to my face I will respond to your psycho babble by laughing and then I'm going to critique your [proverbial] ugly shoes, good day sir.

a reply to: prepared4truth

Good day them.

a reply to: Annee

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: prepared4truth
This is not a generalization, but a scientifically backed observation.

Provide source.

You throw it out there -- you prove it.

As referenced in a previous post the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) is used by our American Psychiatric Association (APA) to diagnose mental disorders and on that list, until 1974, homosexuality was a listed disorder.

The term was removed from the list, not because there was sufficient evidence to prove otherwise, but because the LGBT community used its political privilege to pressure the APA to take it out.
edit on 22-5-2015 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
All this is is a little power-control game to you. You come in here throwing around terms that you know are going to inflame and incite hiding behind the fact that technically you have not violated any t&c and if I return fire with attempts to insult you I'm the one going to have my post removed. Messing around with you got my post removed from another thread earlier while you absolute gibberish was allowed to stay.

I can tell you one thing, if I met you in person I would certainly fight you like a man.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Then go get some political privilege to try an even the playing field be more proactive than we were. Some actually care about progress and moving society forward and others want to go back to choosing a mate by whomever bent far enough over at the watering hole. Primitives the lot of ya.

a reply to: prepared4truth

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It was odd that when I implied that you were being paid for your hateful comments and by paid most of us here should know what that would imply that my post was removed in minutes.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join