It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
So what your basically saying is that my brain is somehow damaged therefore inferior to your undamaged healthy brain and in this I am also socially detestable?

Do I/we scare you as if some demented character from a movie putting the lotion on the skin? Is that it are you scared?

What, what do we have to do to get you so called normal mentally healthy people to stop making horrible assumptions about us?

reply to: prepared4truth

There are only so many ways I can answer this without seeming like a douche but I'll attempt it.

To your first 3 questions, no no and no. Mental disorder just means that your actions reflects your traumatized mental state, resulting in distinct, identifiable behaviors, in this case sexually.

To your final question, nobody is making horrible assumptions about you. Addressing the traumatic experience commonly shared by the LGBT community, this is something I have had very personal conversations with many people about. This is not a generalization, but a scientifically backed observation.

My brain is fine, I have experienced things that would have turned the strongest of "perfectly healthy" brains to turn to weeping puddles of mush. Yet no PTSD here nope, no social anxiety (other than being gawked at).a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Your statement here really just confirms my opinion. You have had traumatic experiences and in order to survive these experiences you have inflated your ego. In denial of your trauma you tell yourself that nothing is wrong. This is a survival mechanism which I do admire, but once again it proves my point.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Ok I'll take this one at a time,

If the proverbially shoe fits wear it, as for sexuality I have already stated I am for the time being Asexual. I have no interest in sex with anybody of any gender. furthermore my sexuality and my identity are two different things that you like to lump together but should not be.

I didn't confirm anything you said but it does interest me that you seem to think that the majority of the human race somehow has managed to go through life without some sort of traumatic experience(s) of variable degrees no doubt.

Ultimately if you call me mentally deficient to my face I will respond to your psycho babble by laughing and then I'm going to critique your ugly shoes, good day sir.

a reply to: prepared4truth

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 19:46:41 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 19:46:41 -050046 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 19:56:24 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 19:56:24 -050056 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 20:02:04 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 20:02:04 -050002 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: prepared4truth
This is not a generalization, but a scientifically backed observation.

Provide source.

You throw it out there -- you prove it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: prepared4truth
Your statement here really just confirms my opinion. You have had traumatic experiences and in order to survive these experiences you have inflated your ego. In denial of your trauma you tell yourself that nothing is wrong. This is a survival mechanism which I do admire, but once again it proves my point.

You have this backwards. Transwomen who join the military during the years of suppression usually do so as a male-affirming action. I almost did. If a transwoman transitioned because of her military service, she's an exception to the rule.

We do all kinds of things to keep playing the role we were told to play. Joining the military is one decision that no freedom fry American will see and deny that you're a "real man's man". That's why so many transgirls are veterans.
edit on 22-5-2015 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
*Just a note to add that there is no such thing as a "transwoman," or a "transition."

You are born either male, or female, and there is no 'transition' between the two.

As you were.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Exactly, behaviors that are typically viewed as hyper-masculine are often used by trans-women as just that a means of suppression or internal suicide if you will. If I can do this or that manly activity then I can accept being man and all of these internal feelings will go away...wrong at least in most cases. a reply to: Cuervo

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 20:55:46 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 20:55:46 -050055 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wrong, their does indeed exist such terms within and recognized by your beloved academic/scientific community no less. The general populace also accepts these terms so you may want to go update your vocabulary and scientific understanding.

a reply to: Seamrog

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 20:53:04 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 20:53:04 -050053 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You just spewed a self righteous opinion. a reply to: Seamrog

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Did your birth certificate note "male" or "transwoman?"

I'll stand by...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
semantics that can be changed through the proper process so it in affect can go from one to the other which I didn't mention earlier validates what you refuse to on a legal level.t reply to: Seamrog

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

Did your birth certificate note "male" or "transwoman?"

I'll stand by...

Does yours say your weight? Are you still only a few of pounds?

Using a birth certificate is a bad indicator of you are. Since, you know... nobody really asked you that day.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

semantics that can be changed

Your biology is not 'semantics.'

It IS who you ARE.

I've noted your liberal use of 'hate' and 'bigotry,' but you must realize that you are not hated.

You are understood as a gentle soul who has lost his way.

There is no hatred there - only the path to the Light.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

As you and I grew, and gained weight, our genitalia did not fall off and morph into something different.

Piss-poor try.
edit on 22-5-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes it is semantics when being viewed as "words on little pieces of paper" say comparatively to the gender role/identity that I assume in my daily life.

Continuing to intentionally use the incorrect pronoun when referring to me is just rude and spiteful. I must
"not do anything"
just like you are under no obligation to stop your mean spirited ignorance. I for one am about as close as I care to be to hating you but I'm still going to show you basic respect by not intentionally pushing buttons.

I have pretty thick skin so ultimately I'm just going to brush you off and keep on keeping on. reply to: Seamrog

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 21:16:01 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 21:16:01 -050016 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 21:18:01 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 21:18:01 -050018 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

As and I grew, and gained weight, our genitalia did not fall off and morph into something different.

Piss-poor try.

Yeah, but some of ours did.

The only difference is you grew from directly adding ingredients to your body through your mouth while the latter may take a gifted surgeon.

Besides, you already said that you don't believe in any sort of body modifications, period, so I'm not even sure anything you say in this thread can be counted in the context of transgender topics.

It's like saying you can't read but insist on participating in a book discussion.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Why do you keep talking about genitalia? You have an unhealthy obsession with what's between the legs.

This is not about genitalia. This is about gender identity.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yes it is semantics when being viewed from a "words on little pieces of paper" say comparatively to the gender role/identity that I assume in my daily life.

Sir - your biology is not 'words on paper.'

It is who you ARE.

The role / identy you assume is 'words on little pieces of paper.'

Everyone - yourself included - understands this.

The ones here placating you are doing just that.

I care more for you than they do.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ok little boy stop caring about me then and go somewhere where they want your help.a reply to: Seamrog

edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 21:20:51 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 21:20:51 -050020 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It is who you ARE.

Then why did you ask her what was on her birth certificate?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

It is who you ARE.

Then why did you ask her what was on her birth certificate?

To demonstrate the simple and obvious FACT that his biology reflects his birth certificate...

He IS a man.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join