It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've often wondered that myself a reply to: new_here

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Fair enough. I hang out on the Recent Posts page so I end up seeing all the active threads across all the sub-forums.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
I've often wondered that myself a reply to: new_here

This may help.

Legal aspects of transsexualism in the United States

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Is a transvestite different from transgender?
If so, in your opinion, what is the motivation for a transvestite to dress as the other gender (besides comfort of clothing perhaps.) I'm sure there are various reasons and no one knows what's in everyone else's head, but just wonder what the general consensus is on that.
edit on 5/20/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tony9802

Fair enough. I hang out on the Recent Posts page so I end up seeing all the active threads across all the sub-forums.

Here is an interesting thread www.abovetopsecret.com... So much is being orchestrated internationally it's phenomenally frightening..

I really do hope that the LGBT and TG community fare well when all of these terrible events finally emerge; Fortunately these communities are generally a little more politicized than most so they will be at least partially prepared for whatever it is that is coming..

Food and water storage
Gold and Silver purchases
etc.

I
edit on 20-5-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nice contribution which does sum it up better than I did.a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yeah no problem. Glad I could help. Education about these things is sorely lacking and we all, including myself, need better education about this issue.

Edit: Hopefully with more knowledge and better understanding people would be more sympathetic to people such as yourself and your plights.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good question when I first started to really actively seek to learn more about how I felt the term transgender was pretty much the umbrella term for all the sub groups.

Transexual = full time or desiring and moving towards living as chosen gender

Transvestite = hetero identifying ( straight man) who gets sexual thrills (pleasures) of wearing opposite genders clothing usually secretly. Cross dressers

Drag queen - gay male (typically) tho there are FtM that perform as the opposite sex for a living (performers)

Now days though I do admit the whole spectrum has gotten kind of out of control and especially confusing for the less than interested.

a reply to: new_here

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

edit on 20-5-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I respect your opinion but all the existential and philosophical stuff personally brings me back to what in my opinion amounts to subjective this relative that I think therefore I am but everything is Imaginary and imaginary things are real too. Basically nobody here really truly know's much when it comes to the brain much like backs a reply to: ImaFungi

edit on CDTWed, 20 May 2015 15:05:39 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago20-05:00Wed, 20 May 2015 15:05:39 -050005 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I respect your opinion but all the existential and philosophical stuff personally brings me back to what in my opinion amounts to subjective this relative that I think therefore I am but everything is Imaginary and imaginary things are real too. Basically nobody here really truly now's much when it comes to the brain much like backs a reply to: ImaFungi

In the future we will have greater technology to alter the human body;

It will always be a choice of the consciousness of the body, as to what way they think they desire their body to be altered.

It is always subjectively reasoned and reasonable; tautological (I want this to occur because I want this to occur)

It cannot be objectively reasonable. (I want this to occur, because reality beyond my desire, wants this to occur)

If the latter case, was true and the truth; Than the person would be admitting to having no free will, no control over themselves; but it must be ultimately thoughts in their mind which are produced which would force them to know that they need to and are being forced to alter themselves, that it is no choice and they have control;

So they would be admitting, that there exists in their mind, the production of thoughts, which are not their own, and which they must obey;

This is extremely interesting, the nature of which should be studied and thought about.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

Ok then I'll bite, does the consciousness (soul) or whatever reside in the heart or the brain?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
An article from the Advocate. I think its a good article.

Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either

To paraphrase Janet Mock: Trans people aren't 'passing' as men or women. We're being.

BY AIDEN JAMES KOSCIESZAMAY

www.advocate.com...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The discussion, is a contention between;

What the mind controls and can control and creates;

And what it cannot and does not, what is created for it.

The individual awareness is not a 1 dimensional particle whole.

A single individual and their consciousness, thoughts, memories, imagination, feelings, desires, knowledge, understanding of potential;

Is many parts. But always ultimately contained in and as the whole, of what we call and know of as; our self. I.

I can think that I want something,

And later change my mind.

I can think one way, and later agree with my self that I was wrong...and then potentially change my mind again.

If I am walking down a street, and the thought comes into my head; "Throw a rock through that window"

Well, first, we must think, what percentage of our thoughts are we creating ourselves and aware of creating, of thinking up?

And further more; what percentage of the totality of thoughts we are aware of;

Are we in control over, in regards to understanding them, acting on them, judging their merit and validity?

I can think; yeah, I do like the sound of breaking glass, and I will never be caught, that will be fun, I am bored, let me throw a rock through that window

Or I can think; no, I am aware this is a possible thing to occur, but I would not want a rock thrown through my window, so I will not actualize that possibility

And the 'random' intuitive thought, or realization of a potential coming into the mind, as the mind is passively existing, going for a stroll;

Is different, from the active mind; perhaps in anywhere of a potential spectrum of anger or anything;

Desiring to effect things that are not it; desiring to damage; or do anything that is not the absolute nothing of passively taking a stroll; action for actions sake

Seeing a rock and creating the thought actively; I want to throw that rock

I am aware of both cases;

Most popular being dreams; Where I feel I am not entirely or most or sometimes at all, in control of my experience of thought.

To answer your question about 'spirit'; I think 'spirit' is either reasonable; meaning seeking reasons for everything around and within it, and supporting its actions by reasons; or understanding that some of its actions do not have reasons, but are therefore pure expressions of existing as a being desiring pure experience;

The difference between pure awareness, pure experience; and the infinite attempt to understand, to reason, to comprehend meaning, to know;

There is the objective truth of the world;

There is the subjective relationship with it;

Subjectivity can only ever be false, and it is the only thing that ever can be false;

If it contradicts itself, or contradicts the objectivity of the world;

I.e. "I know that I want to live a long healthy life, and I know that the best way I can do this is by chopping off my head with a chainsaw"

Objectively we know that living a long healthy life is possible. and objectively we know, that it is not possible, by chopping off ones head with a chainsaw. So that person would be expressing a falsehood, they would be propagating a declared truth, that was not true.

In all other ways, there is only pure truth. As subjectivity creates objectivity.

Is it true that I am throwing a rock? no.

I want to throw a rock. Do I? Yes. is it true that i want to throw a rock, I said yes, and I believe it and I know I do. How will it be that in a world it is objective that a rock is being thrown? I must as subjectivity, create the objective truth of a rock being thrown. I pick up a rock and throw it. I am subjectivity, creating objective truth.

In 400 years, a man will exist who wants 6 extra working arms and legs, and an extra head and brain, and to be able to breathe fire;

Because he feels that his consciousness really is already that on the inside? Well the potential exists, but he is not really already that on the inside; But the subjectivity of his desire; I want to do this because I want to do this; is his force of nature which creates the objective truth, which actualizes the potential.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't really agree with the article so much but I'm not really that sensitive either. It doesn't make me upset or anything either. I think it's kind of a case of not knowing when enough is enough. reply to: Annee

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I don't really agree with the article so much but I'm not really that sensitive either. It doesn't make me upset or anything either. I think it's kind of a case of not knowing when enough is enough. reply to: Annee

OK - - different viewpoints are good.

Even Trans aren't clones
(joke)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

Now that is perfect transcendence at it's best.. thank you..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Good question when I first started to really actively seek to learn more about how I felt the term transgender was pretty much the umbrella term for all the sub groups.

Transexual = full time or desiring and moving towards living as chosen gender

Transvestite = hetero identifying ( straight man) who gets sexual thrills (pleasures) of wearing opposite genders clothing usually secretly. Cross dressers

Drag queen - gay male (typically) tho there are FtM that perform as the opposite sex for a living (performers)

Now days though I do admit the whole spectrum has gotten kind of out of control and especially confusing for the less than interested.

a reply to: new_here

I agree. It is confusing. To be honest, I had never heard the term Transgender. I did know the term Transvestite, and have seen a few in my lifetime, say, walking in a big city (and of course the infamous character in Rocky Horror Picture Show played by Tim Curry.)

I thought the term "Drag Queen" was a derogatory term imposed upon Transvestites. I also thought that Transvestites WERE the ones you saw in public and they they were likely gay/bi. (I assumed there were also ones who you did not see in public, who may be straight, gay or bi.)

Of course I had heard of people changing genders, but only after hearing they had a sex-change operation. I thought THIS was the definition of Transsexual.

The concept of people wanting to be the other gender, who forego hormones and surgery, and instead dress to that gender, is completely new to me, as I always thought that they were the Transvestites.

I assume there must be some overlap in some categories. But the term Transgender is to me a new term. Do you know when it first came into being? (I live in a small town, so often we are the last to know things, lol.)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
An article from the Advocate. I think its a good article.

Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either

To paraphrase Janet Mock: Trans people aren't 'passing' as men or women. We're being.

BY AIDEN JAMES KOSCIESZAMAY

www.advocate.com...

We are being recognized is the idea..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I love different viewpoints it helps me learn

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join