It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

"Six foot two guy with 5 o'clock shadow wearing a mini skirt is just creepy...just saying... "

Nope. That's a Scott.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg
So...
Scary, not creepy.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm in public high school in California and I can tell you none of us pay the sex-ed any mind. The only thing anyone seems to resonate with is the safe sex info (if they weren't already aware). The more social aspects of sex and what not are learned from friends, family, and media. Not. School.

This may differ depending on the state and a ton of other things, but at least in CA, you don't need to worry about your kids being influenced by any sort of alt. gender/orientation agenda. Lol.
edit on 5/19/2015 by spite because: (filled out)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Dont get mad op, people are closed minded and with the internet they feel the need to spew there outdated ideas.

Im all for behing loud and proud, it makes the close minded awkward.

We know, the awkwardness reigns in the parades.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: honested3

I know it hurts your feelings....

but...

I. simply. do. not. care. about. your. parts. or. who. you. screw.

I don't care. I will never care.

I simply get sick of having to be bothered by your problems. We all have problems. We all are judged at times unfairly. But most of us just get on with it and have a go at life.

Have you ever considered that it goes both ways???

How many people over time have been bothered with your problems or the problems that have their roots in intolerant religious discrimination???

Because that goes into almost every social group there is. Divorced=sinner, Rock and Roll Star=Sinner, Long hair guy=sinner, use foul sinner, Woman who doesn't fit in(witch)=sinner, different religion=sinner, homo=sinner and abomination, sex out of wedlock=sinner, etc. etc.

Umm the other boot comes down.

Anyone that doesn't care is a bigot or a religious zealot.

I don't know LEGMAN at all, but I didn't see them post anything about religion at all. The statement was that he didn't care about the OPs problems.

I agree with him on the point. I don't care if a man dresses as a woman, or a woman dresses as a man. As long as they don't lift their skirt of drop their pants to show me or try to explain why they are doing it. I don't care.

Now if that person had some kind of personnel connection with me and wanted to talk about it that's a different issue.

Would any of you like me to start walking around and lifting your skirt or pulling your pants down; then just tell you I wanted to check what "gender" your were?

That all most of us want. STOP pushing it in our face. If your a guy and want to live as a woman, or a woman that wants to live as a guy. Just DO IT and don't bother telling every strange you come across that you are.

I manage to go though life with out telling everyone I meet I'm heterosexual. In fact I don't think it has EVER come up in a conversation with a person I'm not had some kind of personnel relationship with.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Would any of you like me to start walking around and lifting your skirt or pulling your pants down; then just tell you I wanted to check what "gender" your were?

Has that happened to you?

I manage to go though life with out telling everyone I meet I'm heterosexual. In fact I don't think it has EVER come up in a conversation with a person I'm not had some kind of personnel relationship with.
Same here. What's your point?

edit on 5/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
a reply to: johnwick

So you don't like the Kardashians huh? And this has cost you your job, or caused you to be legally fired in many states hmm? Because I know that is a reality for Transgender people. Since your distaste for the Kardashians puts you on the same level and all.

Its easy to lack compassion when you are benefitting from a society made to cater your needs.

Also the Kardashians are pretty awesome and so is their app, continue on with your bigotry though I appreciate the honesty.

I think that his point to begin with.

If your a guy that like to live as a girl. Well then don't go in the bosses office and pullup your skirt and show him your bigger then he is.

We all have a personal life. THAT'S why its called personal. I don't walk in the office on a Monday morning and loudly proclaim I F***** 3 women this weekend. It's no ones business at my work what I did, or with who.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

It's no ones business at my work what I did, or with who.
So you do get the concept. Could have fooled me.

Did you read the OP?

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

Well then don't go in the bosses office and pullup your skirt and show him your bigger then he is.
Has that happened to you? Or are you afraid it might happen? (And it's you're. A contraction of you are.)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I seem to see a lot of the "gay" lifestyle being pushed also these days. Along with the Feminist lifestyle and the Afro-American life style. Many remakes of old movies and shows with "New" cast. Battlestar Galactica with female Starbuck and Boomer? Annie with a black lead? Karate Kid with Will Smith's son? The new Thor? The new series Dig with the gay police guy? All done to be "inclusive".

Personally I wish they would push back the sex content of most these series. For the most part it has nothing to do with the plot line and is just there to show some T&A. I also think they should pick the actor/actress that is best suited for the part, not just because they want to "include" everybody.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yeah.
Too many darkies too.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I see it this way. Everyone has a favorite type of movie. Mine is horror and/or sci-fi. I hate dramas and therefore I choose not to watch them. I don't care if I see the movie trailer on TV nor do I care that I see the graphic of the DVD. But I don't have any interest in the movie.

When someone...anyone...wants to tell me about, parade about or post about their sexual preference, it is not very different than someone forcing me to watch a movie I don't want to watch. The fact is, many people with alternate sexual preferences WANT to force you to watch their movie because they are not looking for equality or being treated like everyone else...they want to force you to ACCEPT their sexual preference.

Again...to the movie. It is wrong, unfair, etc. for you to like dramas and force me to watch them. Therefore, don't try to force me to accept your sexual choice. The end result of forcing me to "watch" your sexual choice celebrated WILL NOT make me accept, like or approve of your choice...it will just piss me off that you are trying to force me to do something I have no interest in doing..."watching" you parade around shouting.

Now...with that said. If you love drama movies, that doesn't bother me, upset me or get me angry. As long as you don't try to force me to watch, force me to accept or force me to approve of your choice of movies. So why in the world would you think that doing the same with your PRIVATE, sexual choice would be any different?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The fact is, many people with alternate sexual preferences WANT to force you to watch their movie

They do?
How do they force you? Is it like in A Clockwork Orange?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
only point out that by you saying such things only makes your own privilege show.

Privilege?
I'm sorry, i don't post here often but felt compelled after reading this.
Please do not bring your special snowflake first world problems here.
Return to reddit from whence you came.
Btw, no one is "assigned " a gender, you are born with it.
Allow me to clarify my position.
I've lurked here for a very long time and genuinely like this place.
i don't want to see this website become the next battlefield of peoples sexual/social woes.
Be thankful you live in a country where you can discuss it without having your head and body seperated.
edit on 053131p://222 by riktus because: reasons.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Love regarding my children at least from my own perspective seems to be pretty much unconditional.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Has that happened to you?

Same here. What's your point?

My point is that if you don't want to be treated different or put in a "group"; then don't go out of your way to be seen as different. If I walk up to someone I have never meet I have no idea what "gender" or orientation they are. And I DON'T care. It has no bearing on the issue. If or when we become more personally connected then it MAY be a point we should talk about.

Each of us have our issues and even vices that we deal with we don't have to push them on each and every person we meet. If it become relevant then it needs to be addressed, not before.

As a small example I smoke cigars. Would it be right for me to pull one out and light up and blow smoke in your face? No. I would ether wait or ask you if you minded and if you did I would again wait of move away from you. How is this similar? In both cases it is an action that is not relevant to a casual meeting of people and has no direct bearing unless I choose to bring it up and then you have to choose to accept me smoking my cigar are have an issue with me.

Thank you for the English lesson, not one of my strong point.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Then I'll say it slowly since you didn't seem to understand the question.

Has
it
happened
to
you?

Has someone come up to you and said "I'm not a man. I'm a woman trapped in a man's body."

Or are you afraid it might happen? Is it really scary to you?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Yeah.
Too many darkies too.

Thats a good way of looking at it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yeah. Now that we're clear on your stance.

Seems your existence is bound to be pretty miserable with all those other things that aren't like you out there. I wishes everyone was like me.

Too bad. So sad.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Then I'll say it slowly since you didn't seem to understand the question.

Has
it
happened
to
you?

Has someone come up to you and said "I'm not a man. I'm a woman trapped in a man's body."

Or are you afraid it might happen? Is it really scary to you?

Umm

I seem to remember that that was the OPs opening statement.

Does it scare me?

No not really. I live in the real world that has things that are much more scary then that.

I have had a gun held in my face when I was young.
That's more scary.

I have been in combat.
That's much more scary.

Wake-up in the morning trying to figure out how to pay for the food and shelter for your wife and child.
Way more scary then any of the others.

Having someone ask me that would be way more puzzling then scary.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

So:
a) It has never happened to you
b) You would find it "puzzling" if it did

That's it? Seemed to be quite a lot of ranting over that.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join