It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: infolurker

War on Women.. LOL

I'm a feminist who supports Equality.

It would be very hypocritical of me to support Women's Equality and not Trans Equality.

I've encountered women in the restroom that make me feel uncomfortable. The way restrooms are designed is scary in itself. They're like caves set apart from the rest of the world.

I vote for redesign where individual stalls are along a wall clearly visible to everyone. Washrooms and mirrors can be separate in an open area.

And showers and locker rooms?

And preventing men pretending or claiming to be transgender to get unchallenged access to womens bathrooms and locker rooms?

Cmon, have some common sense here.

Molestations happen everywhere.

No, I am not going to live my life in fear of the off chance a perverted man will go to that much trouble.

Shall we ban Lesbians from women's locker rooms too?

Why, they are women?

No, they are deviant lecherous Lesbians out to get your young daughter.

Are you saying they don't exist? Can you explain why our basketball coach in high school used to watch us shower all the time ...

She was kind of like the art teacher who used to leer down the front of our shirts in junior high. He was a creep too.

No, I'm not saying they don't exist.

I'm saying the fear of a transgender male or even a fake one on the premise of being ogled sexually is kind of ridiculous. Because you already have Lesbians. (a point of view - no disregard for Lesbians).

Eh, any fear I would have isn't the fear of the transgender doing something. If the transgender is truly transgender, then they should be behaving as a girl.

My fear, is that the presence of a male body will potentially cause issues for the other girls and problems with them.

My thought is the scenario could go like this:

Transgender comes in and stimulates some kind of attraction in one of the other girls. This causes confusion, and it manifests in hostility maybe. More bullying. It could be taken out on the transgender or other girls.

So no gay man either.

But, lesbians OK.

The fear is kind of odd.

You'll need to explain that.

I wasn't aware that being a transgender was equivalent to being a gay man.

Physical body male - - not sexually interested in females.
Transgender M/F - - not sexually interested in females.
Lesbian - - sexually interested in females.

But, perfectly acceptable to have Lesbians in locker room because they have a physically female body.

Not quite.

The issue is injecting sex where it is better if it stays out.

I personally could care less who you want to have sex with.

But if you don't see the difference between a transgender girl (? - Is a girl in a man's body called a transgirl or transboy) who has the physical seeming of something they aren't and a lesbian who simply has to maintain behavior standards in order for the sex to stay out things, I can't help you. Of course, since now everyone knows who is and isn't a lesbian, everyone knows which way the wind blows, so that becomes a problem too.

Ideally, no one would have to share with anyone if they didn't want to.

The alternative is for us to move away from a society where everything is 24/7 sex, and it would maybe stop being such an issue.

The Fear is in the mind.

It is not justified in the reality of the physical body.

Because out of the three: 1. gay man, 2. transgender M/F (non lesbian), 3. lesbian.

The only real possibility of a sexual encounter would be the lesbian in a female body.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And you are not reading apparently. It isn't the fear of actual sex. It's the inevitable confusion caused when adolescents who have raging hormones know they are in close proximity to what their bodies tell them are potential sexual partners. It causes tension, confusion and that translates into all kinds of negative things.

Perhaps you don't remember your own adolescence?

There is a reason why some parents send their kids to all-girl or all-boy schools. It's in part to reduce the daily drama and distraction the hormones cause. I don't plan on that, but I understand the impulse for those parents who choose that option.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What I see is you choose not to see beyond the "movie" you created.

You have chosen to make this a male/female physical body world.

But, the subject is Transgender.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think about all the people who are A SEXUAL and don't give a ratz ass about SEX at all, what about their rights? hmmm they are 'A Minority' too, so why are they being excluded and forced into a sexual orientation. The entire planet has gone Ape Friggin Sh*t. Where did Education derive from in the first place anyways... Lets see, i think it was the people who RULE THE WORLD AND HAPPEN TO HAVE MORE $$$ than the rest of the 8 billion who occupy it. So where do these ridiculous plans come from? Obviously the Brainwashing dumbdumbs with all the Money. Imagine that, a Minority ruling over the Majority. They created the Education System to create OBEDIENT LITTLE WORKERS who would do as they were told and behave as they were instructed. Who would have thought THAT would ever happen in a FREE World eh?

Anyone who makes the Rules, Rules over the People. The people who pay for their million dollar houses/cars/trips/expenses etc etc etc. Who loses in being ruled by those who decide what gender you and your family should be? NOT THEM just YOU.

Only idiots would agree with the 72 families running this silly planet and bend over to their plans because, oh boy it's popular? It also infringes on the rights of the MAJORITY who happen to disagree with them. Hasn't anyone learned from History at all?

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

************************************** "I don't want a nation of thinkers. I want a nation of workers." John D. Rockefeller

The Rockefeller's founded the National Education Association. *******************************************

edit on 5/18/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Where did Education derive from in the first place anyways...

The need to prevent illiteracy.

What? You didn't play doctor when you were a little kid? Or - - I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Sexuality is inborn. It doesn't start at some given date when you are of legal age.

What does your rant have to do with this subject?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Where did Education derive from in the first place anyways...

The need to prevent illiteracy.

What? You didn't play doctor when you were a little kid? Or - - I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Sexuality is inborn. It doesn't start at some given date when you are of legal age.

What does your rant have to do with this subject?

Illiteracy.. well i was reading before i began talking.

And no i didn't play doctor and had no desire to see anyones doo doo,but thanks for your intermittant concern.

Sexuality is learned Annie, its a learned trait like everything else. Why do you care when a little kid learns about sex, is it your destiny to make sure everyone learns about sex before they're ready or even desire to do such?

As for rant thats cute, no i don't rant, i just use CAPS to make my voice immensely clear like it's my right to do so, eh.

You and your view isn't the only that exists in this farked up planet so PLEASE try your best not to pretend it is.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sexuality is learned Annie, its a learned trait like everything else. Why do you care when a little kid learns about sex, is it your destiny to make sure everyone learns about sex before they're ready or even desire to do such?

Sexuality is not learned.

But, people are different and have different natural inclinations.

Sex and sexuality are not the same thing.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sexuality is not learned.

But, people are different and have different natural inclinations.

Sex and sexuality are not the same thing.

Well.. that's fine, why don't we agree to disagree on that one...

Yes People 'are' different. And everyone counts. Except the Majority it seems.. The ones who pay the taxes they for obvious reasons don't want to support by force i might add...

I think we all know that what 'they' want to force upon children under the guise of 'Rights' etc etc etc.. is clearly a foothold into a dimension of which most people would agree upon is wrong and against parental rights as to where and when that should happen,

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Who cares who # what.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

If no one cared, no one would have bothered responding to this very important topic who apparently millions of people who obviously do care a #.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I think someone saying they are tired of having an agenda shoved in their face isn't being reactionary. Is your thought process that, because they disagree with you and don't fully support you, that their opinion is invalid? Frankly it's everywhere you go, and you can't really browse news or forums without it coming up as a big thing. I respect your personal struggle for identity, though I cannot identify with it. I respect your right as an individual to do as you please when you please, so long as it does not hinder my right to do as I please.

That being said, there is an agenda and it is pushed almost relentlessly. You believe yourself to be in a class all your own, where you face such adversity. I would counter that by reminding you that so-called "cis-skin" individuals like myself must walk on veritable eggshells in order to avoid being called a bigot. Frankly, just as you have the right to choose your lifestyle and live it to the fullest, I have the right to disagree with it, especially when it's brought up as a topic for discussion on a board such as this one. That doesn't mean I will hinder you from proceeding as you wish; I will not lobby against you having the same rights as everyone else; I will not picket your parades or slander those among you. However, don't expect me to support your decision if I personally disagree with it.

Lastly, you had to know what you were doing by starting a thread like this, and frankly it's tasteless.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

Yeah, I think several people touched on it already, but the LGBT movement is being shoved down our throats. In fact, it's downright intolerant of anyone who disagrees with its morality. In the same way that churches of religiosity have fallen to apostasy, even persecuting true bible-based Christians, I think many (if not most) people in the LGBT community are turning into little tyrants. My upstairs neighbors are an exception to this. They're lesbians who frankly think the LGBT movement is full of whiny people who don't know what real civil rights issues are, and we get along wonderfully.
I think another issue is the fear that the LGBT movement is seeking to uproot our institutions. We're being mandated to participate in a celebratory event that is contrary to most of our religious beliefs (of many religions). Rather than to compromise and creating an equivalent to marriage for LGBT, they insist on changing our institution. Rather than finding one of the same-sex marriage bakeries, which are on abundance, they are demanding that we concede our own sacred value system. In short, there is a fear that the LGBT movement is trying to claim rights by diminishing the rights of others when they could attain these rights in a different way.
Lastly, a pro LGBT ideology is being taught to our children in public schools and strongly advocated by most state universities while our views are barred from being taught. A moral that directly conflicts with our religious views is being taught to our youth as the only morally acceptable view. It may or may not be rooted in religion to an LGBT individual, but the topic is deeply intertwined with religion. It's as if there is a separation of church and state for all religious ideology other than the secular viewpoint. To this many people are uneasy for the minds of our children. More and more it seems that there is a state religion, and that state religion is 'secularanity'.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

Yeah, I think several people touched on it already, but the LGBT movement is being shoved down our throats. In fact, it's downright intolerant of anyone who disagrees with its morality.

Your concept of what is moral - - is yours.

What does that have to do with the dignity of everyone having the same rights?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

Lastly, a pro LGBT ideology is being taught . . .

Please explain exactly what LGBT ideology is.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: QuantumEcho

Lmao, Wow where to go with this.
Quite the imagination you have there, totally wrong but entertaining none the less.

Oh I see, I think you confused me with the OP but I will address your posted BS anyway.

My "Identity" is a 52 year old straight male who is sick & tired of the religious right & their sycophants relentlessly pushing their agenda of hate, ignorance & bigotry.

Frankly it's everywhere you go, and you can't really browse news or forums without it coming up as a big thing.
Pfft ain't that the truth.

The religulous need to worship as they wish & just STFU because the majority of the nation is sick of hearing them complain & whine about how they're not allowed to discriminate anymore, poor little reactionaries.

K~

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was going to stay away but I at least wanted to say thank you and amen (pun intended)a reply to: aethertek

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Oh you're more than welcome Princess!
I have family & friends for who this affects & I'm at the point where I've lost all civility towards the weak minded morons who somehow feel equal rights for LGBT affects them in a negative way.

Peace Be Upon You Cousin!
K~

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Same to you good sir and Namaste. reply to: aethertek

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is a thin ice topic. And a strange one to see on a board full like this.

people who do not share your struggles ( being 'assigned' the wrong gender at birth ) can not imagine what it is like. Since they don't feel that way, probably never gave it a thought- they can dismis your thoughts as crazy or attention seeking because in their mind that is the only logical alternative.

I don't believe I was assigned a gender. i was born with a set of reproductive organs, and it's my choice how I use them. ( is it my choice who I am attracted to? Of course not, but it's my choice to act on my attractions and urges ). And what you do, or anybody else does is up to them.

I'm sorry your family is not accepting, and that the church held back your mind and body for so long. That's a whole other level of discussion there.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I have only skimmed the replies, but after a few pages of "I don't care" - I can surely see why we have the state of the world today.

Too many people DON'T care - and frankly, it shows.

There are people here who have more love for Artificial Intelligence than empathy for their fellow humans. *facepalm*

For the world not to devolve into a festering cesspool of hate, one only needs to look in the mirror and ask if they too, are part of the problem.

One can choose love or one can choose hate. One can also choose neutrality; live and let live, with no exceptions.
Acceptance and tolerance clearly fall under the love category. Most else is but thinly disguised hate.

We cannot choose our families, nor our co-workers; but THANKFULLY we can choose our friends, create our own families, and surround ourselves with fellow evolved human beings. May this group only expand as the years pass.

Much love to you OP, for putting yourself out there with eloquence, and attempting to educate, against so many ignorant comments. One day more people will realize that they can change the world, simply by choosing love - and the joy, honesty & beauty that results from that, is unparalleled.

I'd rather live on a planet made of a colourful tapestry, than a piece of cheesecloth any day.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join