It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm not homophobic in anyway shape or form, I look forward to the day that all people regardless of sexual orientation, or whatever, have equal rights.

However, something about tg weirds me out and I can't put my finger on it. I know one tg person (a friend of my brothers) and I told her exactly that a while back, as well as my difficulty referring to her as the corrected sex. Not with any malice, just for the point of open and honest discussion. She was fine with it and appreciated my honesty and we had a good chat. I'm not against tg, I feel deep empathy for people that go through life as one sex - knowing they are another... But there is still that something that makes me feel awkward. I'm thankful that I'm rationale enough to not turn it into prejudice.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dismanrc
Yeah. Now that we're clear on your stance.

Seems your existence is bound to be pretty miserable with all those other things that aren't like you out there. I wishes everyone was like me.

Too bad. So sad.

There is no one like me out there.

I'm an unique person, just like each of the other 6.5 billion+ people on this planet.

as far as being miserable, I'm far from it. I do have my down day once in awhile.

That's the difference between me, and many like me, my enjoyment for life does not link to what other think about me. I don't have to be excepted by everyone. I have my issues and vices. I will even talk to people about them. And even on occasion take the advice given by others. I don't expect the world or society to change for me. (although it would be nice to be able to have a cigar with my brandy when I'm back in the states. Damn smoking nazis
)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

So what are you bitching about? Things changing?
Yeah, that sucks. But guess what?

edit on 5/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So:
a) It has never happened to you
b) You would find it "puzzling" if it did

That's it? Seemed to be quite a lot of ranting over that.

And why would it happen to ANYBODY?

Some stranger walking up and telling you that would be the same as then walking up and telling you they where an alien.

I have traveled around the world and lived in many places and have never had someone say anything like that.

I have had them say I'm hungry, I'm drunk, I'm lost, even I'm horny and one girl I ran into claimed she was Cleopatra.
At least each of these had a valid reason for saying it to a stranger. (The girl was VERY drunk.)

But; I'm a woman in a mans body? Yep puzzled on why they would say that. What they expected me to do about it. And to honest; how drunk or high they where.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You seem to understand my point.
But I doubt it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You seem to understand my point.
But I doubt it.

Maybe I do. I running on an 8 hour time difference and jet lag so my brain is a little muss.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Its disturbing. I'll treat ya like everyone else but it's naturally disturbing. Why can't some people accept their gender..

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TopSecretAbove

Why can't some people accept their gender..

Because they are mentally ill, and need treatment, not hormones and mutilation.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It just seems like what you are saying is, you don't want to see any evidence that transgender people exist. You want them to either hide away in their homes like hermits, or pretend to be happy with the physical body they have - all so you don't have to know that the condition exists. Well, guess what - it's not the 1950's any more and you don't get to have what you want. I doubt very seriously that a transgender has ever walked up to you at an airport or grocery store to tell you that they are transgender and to bore you with all the details of their nightmare.

If you're talking about the OP, well this is a discussion forum and lots of topics are brought up by different people according to the things they want to discuss. Don't like the particular thread? Don't read it then. No one is forcing you. I hate threads about how they're gonna take our guns away - because I'm not a gun person and personally don't care about guns in the least. But some people love their guns and they have a right to rant about it on a discussion forum.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

Why can't some people accept their gender..

Because they are mentally ill, and need treatment, not hormones and mutilation.

Some may suffer from a dysmorphic disorder of some sort....but blanket statements that marginalize lack truth or benefit.

What they need is to find a professional to provide relevant medical advice, be it surgical or psychiatric. Because in the end no one should have to live their lives for you, me, or anyone else.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: honested3

I know it hurts your feelings....

but...

I. simply. do. not. care. about. your. parts. or. who. you. screw.

I don't care. I will never care.

I simply get sick of having to be bothered by your problems. We all have problems. We all are judged at times unfairly. But most of us just get on with it and have a go at life.

There are other people who feel the same way you do: The " I don't care.." crowd.. Unfortunately many in that crowd, eventually wind up becoming psychotic killers, serial murderers, deranged frustrated criminals, and malevolent abusers of the TG community.. No one is asking the "I don't care: people to fall down, roll over, and worship members of alternative communities; What is requested though, is respect, and civility. The Transgendered community has rights as well: the right to live, the right to love and the right to pursue happiness...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It is a blanket statement, but it is a pretty sound one.

Those who have mutilated their bodies through surgery tend to 'not fare so well' post-mutilation.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Those who have mutilated their bodies through surgery tend to 'not fare so well' post-mutilation.

This person's surgery is not mutilation and I believe you are using that term to offend the author of the thread..I think it's downright low of you to proceed with that line of thinking and language.

If you want to talk about "mutilation," why not turn around and look at your mom's, sister's, grandma's surgery and realize that millions of women "mutilate" their bodies everyday with all types of reconstructive surgery all for the sake of drawing "heterosexually paradigmed" men like many of you here on ATS. Your happy heterosexual women mutilate their breasts they mutilate their mouths and lips they mutilate their eyes, their rear ends, not to mention all of the lipo suction nose and chin jobs they conduct..I never hear the male folk complaining about those women's surgery..on the contrary, it's good for her and "it's good for me;"

And yet when someone from the TG community speaks about their gender reassignment, suddenly it's some type of "mutilation.." Well, I strongly disagree..

Also, I'm seeing alot of comments on this thread that are terribly abrupt, quite aggressive, unseemly,of crude nature, and finally, actually as hard as cement.. Those comments are probably being made by unattractive heavy set men that never learned how to enjoy salad, choosing instead pork bean grit porridge stew pie fuh' my suppa' * their entire lives..

edit on 19-5-2015 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: spite
I'm in public high school in California and I can tell you none of us pay the sex-ed any mind. The only thing anyone seems to resonate with is the safe sex info (if they weren't already aware). The more social aspects of sex and what not are learned from friends, family, and media. Not. School.

This may differ depending on the state and a ton of other things, but at least in CA, you don't need to worry about your kids being influenced by any sort of alt. gender/orientation agenda. Lol.

CA is a big state, with very conservative areas and very liberal areas.

Kids have always learned from their family and peers. But, not always factual information.

Awareness of real information hurts no one.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No, its a blanket statement founded only in your misconceived perceptions the subsequently derived opinions. Because there is no "one size fits all", despite your apparent desire to reduce humanity into a simple, zero sum equation.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"typo" wasn't the reason for your edit, but I'll give you a mulligan on that one.

Acknowledging your poorly veiled insults, when a grown man has his genitalia surgically removed, inverted and stuffed into his pelvis in a pathetic attempt to create a vagina, it is mutilation.

Regarding the female members of my family (actual females, not men pretending to be women), not one has had any form of cosmetic surgery other than a white trash cousin who had a boob job, but she also has tatoos, so - there ya go.

I do agree that most of that cosmetic surgery stuff is also mutilation - we all age, sag and die and I think most cosmetic surgeries are an attempt to deny that reality...the remainder is done for the benefit of other women though, not for men.

I have yet to see a boob job that looked good, or natural, my cousin's included.

BTW - I'm munching on carrot and celery sticks for lunch, but I AM dipping them in ranch dressing.

None of any of this however, will change the reality that a man who has mutilated his body, dresses himself in women's clothing, and carries himself with a feminine affect is still - and will remain - a man.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No, its a blanket statement founded only in your misconceived perceptions the subsequently derived opinions. Because there is no "one size fits all", despite your apparent desire to reduce humanity into a simple, zero sum equation.

I'm sorry, but you're incorrect.

People who have undergone 'gender reassignment surgery,' or genital mutilation as it is properly called statistically do much poorer in the life department post-mutilation.

Humanity is not a simple, zero-sum equation, but it is comprised of two simple categories:

1) Male

2) Female

There ya go.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Its disturbing. I'll treat ya like everyone else but it's naturally disturbing. Why can't some people accept their gender..

I think the point is that gender is an interior, spiritual experience, and not necessarily an external physical one. That said, by having reassignment surgery, members of the TG community are in fact, honoring, respecting, and par excellence loving their true gender: the person inside;

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

People who have undergone 'gender reassignment surgery,' or genital mutilation as it is properly called statistically do much poorer in the life department post-mutilation.

Got any stats or evidence to back that claim up?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm sorry, but you're incorrect.

Humanity is not a simple, zero-sum equation, but it is comprised of two simple categories:

1) Male

2) Female

There ya go.

There are and have always been hermaphrodites as well.. but as I had written before, gender is an interior experience and until that is acknowledged and respected, you folks who only see the surface phsycial image, will forever be blind..
edit on 19-5-2015 by tony9802 because: typo

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join