It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

...it is an interesting study, but you are misusing it.

From your 3 min google search of 'noregretsgendertransition.com.'

This is why it is POINTLESS to present sourced factual information on this website - particularly to the agenda-driven harpies who scream for it.

"noregretsgendertranistion.com"

LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Do you think that sex change operations are taken lightly? By anyone? Do you know much (anything) about what surgeons require before undertaking such operations?

Yes. Just like aging celebs who rush to the plastic surgeon when they see a wrinkle, some people convince themselves that surgery is a quick solution to their psychological problems. No amount of paperwork or counseling will get through to a person who is determined to believe that.

It really is, none of your business what anyone does with their body.

Agreed. Which is why people get irritated when others make a public display out of their sexual identity crises.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

I just turn off the TV, radio, and close my ears when I hear something I don't care to hear about. It isn't really that hard to ignore someone trying to shove something down your throat. We do it all the time to people we don't agree with in the political sphere. We complain all the time about close minded people. I don't understand why this is any different. It's really not that hard to just ignore and turn a blind eye to something you don't like.

It really, really isn't.
edit on 19-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Did you even READ the points that person made about the article? They are legitamite problems with how the study was performed.

Though hey, let's disregard that for the sake of the argument. The damn study itself says that you shouldn't be using the study to try to say that post-op transgenders are worse off than pre-op transgenders.

Here in case you missed it in your attempt to casually dismiss my points:

For the purpose of evaluating the safety of sex reassignment in terms of morbidity and mortality, however, it is reasonable to compare sex reassigned persons with matched population controls. The caveat with this design is that transsexual persons before sex reassignment might differ from healthy controls (although this bias can be statistically corrected for by adjusting for baseline differences). It is therefore important to note that the current study is only informative with respect to transsexuals persons health after sex reassignment; no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment as a treatment for transsexualism. In other words, the results should not be interpreted such as sex reassignment per se increases morbidity and mortality. Things might have been even worse without sex reassignment. As an analogy, similar studies have found increased somatic morbidity, suicide rate, and overall mortality for patients treated for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.[39], [40] This is important information, but it does not follow that mood stabilizing treatment or antipsychotic treatment is the culprit.

edit on 19-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
a reply to: tony9802

My daughter who is of-age got her CWP the day after her 21st birthday.

She has killed more than a few deer.

She excelled at the pole vault and 800m.

She lettered 5 years in cheer and was captain for the last two.

She is elegantly beautiful.

She know that putting lipstick on a pig does nothing to change the fact that behind the lipstick - it is still a pig.

I admire all of your daughter's achievements, and it's good to see that you have raised someone who is not afraid of displaying or assuming phsycial power.. sort of like a man.. That's what I'm trying to say, is that just because she is your daughter does not mean that she belongs in the kitchen having children her entire life. She is more than merely someone's idea of her gender..and the limitations associated with it..

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Seamrog

Did you even READ the points that person made about the article? They are legitamite problems with how the study was performed.

Though hey, let's disregard that for the sake of the argument. The damn study itself says that you shouldn't be using the study to try to say that post-op transgenders are worse off than pre-op transgenders.

I didn't get one second beyond the name of the website.

The POINT I made - that the study demonstrates - is that post-mutilation men have higher rates of mortality, higher rates of suicide and suicidal behavior and higher rates of psychiatric morbidity than the general population.

The statistics PROVE the point I was making.

You can go ahead and admit that you bookmarked that site - it's OK - this is a pretty non-judgmental website.

Unless you happen to believe in Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I didn't get one second beyond the name of the website.

Naturally...

The POINT I made - that the study demonstrates - is that post-mutilation men have higher rates of mortality, higher rates of suicide and suicidal behavior and higher rates of psychiatric morbidity than the general population.

But the point the STUDY isn't making is that the higher rates of mortality are directly linked to the surgery as I have now pointed out twice (including in the post you just finished responding to).

No they prove something, but not YOUR point. Your point requires correlation to equal causation, but the study specifically says that it hasn't demonstrated that at all.

You can go ahead and admit that you bookmarked that site - it's OK - this is a pretty non-judgmental website.

Why would I tell you which sites I bookmarked and which I didn't to begin with? Who the hell cares? Your attempt at passive aggressiveness is really shallow and banal... This is why I labeled your behavior as trollish.

You do realize that you just admitted that Christians are overly judgmental right? That isn't a good trait to have...
edit on 19-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

I admire all of your daughter's achievements, and it's good to see that you have raised someone who is not afraid of displaying or assuming phsycial power.. sort of like a man.. That's what I'm trying to say, is that just because she is your daughter does not mean that she belongs in the kitchen having children her entire life. She is more than merely someone's idea of her gender..and the limitations associated with it..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she is all girl.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

But the point the STUDY isn't making is that the higher rates of mortality are directly linked to the surgery as I have now pointed out twice (including in the post you just finished responding to).

No they prove something, but not YOUR point. Your point requires correlation to equal causation, but the study specifically says that it hasn't demonstrated that at all.

The big fat furry moderator gets upset when I do this, but I need to point out here that you are not as bright as you think you are. I don't point that out as an insult.

You are jumbling up two distinctly different points thinking you can win an internet argument and in doing so, you're missing the forest for the trees.

Go back and carefully reread my posts, and see if you can find it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Just a heads up here. Pat Robertson, who believes earthquakes and tornadoes are caused by gay people... even he understands the very basic reality of dysphoria. He even said it's not a sin to transition since he believes that transwomen are truly women and that transmen are truly men.

I'm just saying that if a person like him can take the time to research it long enough to understand what it is, the average Christian can, as well.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she is all girl.

I can see you didn't understand my complement..I was trying to say that she can do as many things as the male gender, and that's an interior issue.. the person inside, idea with which you initially showed a bit of apprehension. She could have been raised on Barbie dolls, but did you choose that mentor? No, you didn't.

In the meantime then, let's just say that I'm glad she doesn't live in the Middle East, where a woman can only do things that a woman can only do..
edit on 19-5-2015 by tony9802 because: Edit correction of understanding.. no insult here.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You want to assert it....then prove it.

This is wearisome...you can find the info as easily as I can if you care to look for it:

Dhejne C, et al, (2011) Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden. PLoS ONE 6(2): e16885

Thank you for that source. Could you provide a relevant quote, rather than just blindly dumping a citation?

What, exactly, are you citing from the Dhejne paper discussed above?

I could find works discussing the psychology of transgenderism. But, if we are being honest, I already have. And have come to a completely different opinion from you. Namely: that some people suffer from dysmorphia and find no relief in altering their appearance. Kind of like Jocelyn Wildenstein. She is dysmorphic, and no amount of surgery will ever address it.

What is becoming apparent is that you don't have a logical basis for your position. Or, if you do, you do a very poor job at verbalizing it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I just ignored your insult.

Believe it or not, there are some women in the world who still want children.

And...gasp...husbands!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't know. Weird to me.

Being a man gender is a manifestation of dominant yang energy and women dominate yin energy. Its self expression of spirit. Should be embraced because damn.. that's how you were created and tampering with it has proven to be damaging. You are better off learning to cope like the rest of us with problems or realising where it is in your mind the resistance is and changing that.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit on 19-5-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oh my, the really hateful ones have come out since I've been gone lol and seamrog you unhappy bitter little man I sincerely feel sympathy for you. Your just going to be stuck in the cycle until you get it right one day but don't worry you will eventually get it.

Im refreshed and cooled off from where I was yesterday so I'm simply going to make some suggestions that may help us all just coexist harmoniously (at least on the surface).

For those that are "tired of having anything shoved in their faces" I've said it already and others have said it as well but I'm going to say it again. It really is a matter of simply ignoring (turning off the power or whatever) which ever form of media is presenting the message you do not wish to hear. You can also choose to leave the area of wherever the message is being presented. If you don't want your children to learn about certain things in school there are options for that too such as home schooling or simply redistricting your child. So in conclusion stop acting like you are forced victims held at gunpoint without any options available to you and your ability to excersise FREE WILL.

For this next part Im going to DISCLAIM now that I know not all people's problem with this issue stem from religious values but for those who cite that as their reasoning I say go take another look at your favorite book. I actually have an Idea that might make that easier for you which is a new and revised edition bible called the Jesus exclusive edition. The idea being that we remove all texts from the bible except for the direct quotes to and from Jesus. I truly think this might make the overall message of that greatly misunderstood book easier and more clear for all to see without all the fire and brimstone and vague this and obscure that which is all to easy to be both misunderstood and misused. Its simple, without confirming or denying Jesus Christ's existence I can still say that he could and would be our savior if we let him be and listened to what he was saying.

For those that refuse to use the preferred pronouns that some of us are more or less sensitive too I say that is fine but understand if you disrespect and attempt to strike at me emotionally that way IT WILL BE RETURNED so don't act all surprised. I would be more than glad to look you up and down and point out every little "nasty" flaw about you most importantly your personality. This is a simple concept too: NEGATIVITY begets NEGATIVITY. Im also ok reminding anyone that acts this way that you may be upset because I'm more of a man than you will ever be and a better woman than you will ever have or vice versa.

Ultimately for those that take major issue with this the sooner you at least understand that we are here and not going anywhere anytime soon the better off you will be both spiritually and emotionally I promise (try it). I can assure you that for whatever reason someone or someone(s) directly pulling the social engineering strings does want this to change for whatever reason (fill in you paranoid wild delusion of choice here) and I doubt any of you are powerful or connected enough to change it. In short you can hold on to the negativity which will just eat you up from the inside or you can choose to let it go, Namaste.

edit on CDTTue, 19 May 2015 12:11:14 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago19-05:00Tue, 19 May 2015 12:11:14 -050011 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I just ignored your insult.

Believe it or not, there are some women in the world who still want children.

And...gasp...husbands!

There was no insult written, I was merely referring to a faith on the other side of the world, in the Middle East more exactly, where it is believed that women are limited to the identity and the expectations of the identity of the male gender population. I meant no harm with what I wrote by the way..
edit on 19-5-2015 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Pat Robettson whaaa...my head just almost exploded lola reply to: Cuervo

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TopSecretAbove

I don't know. Weird to me.

Being a man gender is a manifestation of dominant yang energy and women dominate yin energy. Its self expression of spirit. Should be embraced because damn.. that's how you were created and tampering with it has proven to be damaging. You are better off learning to cope like the rest of us with problems or realising where it is in your mind the resistance is and changing that.

I guess the hermaphrodite is YinYang energy perfected..

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What is becoming apparent is that you don't have a logical basis for your position. Or, if you do, you do a very poor job at verbalizing it.

This is what I mean by 'wearisome.'

Here is my statement verbatim:

People who have undergone 'gender reassignment surgery,' or genital mutilation as it is properly called statistically do much poorer in the life department post-mutilation.

The study I cited backs that up. I won't bother to regurgitate it for you, because like others, I don't think you're interested in facts that conflict with your ideology. I am content to tell you that 'its in there.' If you don't believe me, I promise you I will not lose one moment of my life worrying about it.

My original blanket statement pretty well covered it - people who undergo these mutilations are mentally ill.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join