It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pamela Geller vs Imam Anjem Choudary on Fox News, Hannity: 'You Want Her To Die!'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Cuervo

What standards do they not get held to?

Generally, the western media gives Imams extra wiggle room in their hatred that we wouldn't allow a Christian or Jew to display.

It's nothing against the average Muslim any more than against the average Jew or Christian. The problem is that it's socially acceptable to ridicule and criticize extremists in religions like Christianity (and rightly so) but, when it's a Muslim extremist, it is often frowned upon to criticize the more radical adherents. It's not the Muslim's faults. In fact, it's condescending to them. I think that was the point Hannity was trying to make at the end and it actually got me thinking about it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: disregard

I'm in Canada and our dear leader is about as far from muslim as can be.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta thanks for taking the time to reply.
Heretics are everywhere. One more question, a simple yes or no will suffice.
Should we chop thieves hands off?

I do not expect a straight answer. And if islam permits lying in the name of islam then again whats the point in answering?.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Here's what I predict in the pages to follow on this thread:

People will come in and defend Gellar's first amendment right to do what she's doing.

Muslim Apologists will come in and decry her practices, saying it's state sanctioned bigotry.

The people in the middle will be chased out.

There's a middle here?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm in Canada and our dear leader is about as far from muslim as can be.
aha he is a secret muslim. Like the top degree masons.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Do we know what a troll is? A troll is a person who pokes the nest with a sharp stick, knowing full well what the reaction will be and then whines 'oh innocent me'. 'All I was doing was engaging in 'free speech'. Baloney. She got the exact reaction she was hoping for. So be it.

People shouldn't be bullied into giving up their rights. It's very telling what type of person you are to be defending idiots that make death threats over cartoons.

All of us should be actively spitting in their faces and drawing pictures of Muhammed.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Here's what I predict in the pages to follow on this thread:

People will come in and defend Gellar's first amendment right to do what she's doing.

Muslim Apologists will come in and decry her practices, saying it's state sanctioned bigotry.

The people in the middle will be chased out.

There's a middle here?

There absolutely is. Her views are bigoted and arguably racist. If you have any doubt, just look at the advertisement campaign she ran in the subway terminals. She is not a helpful element for peace. Yet this Imam in the middle wants her dead.

There is a clear middle ground. One that realizes how harmful Geller is and how idiotically evil extremists are when they are calling for the death of anybody who "offends" them.

Being against one group because they want you dead and also being against the racists who hate that group for the wrong reasons is a totally reasonable stance. That's where most of us stand but we just don't scream loudly or annoyingly enough for everybody to hear.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

I'm a rational person. I also know this whole interview was done to give Fox News talking points for the next few days to push their islamic fear agenda. I know they intentionally chose someone with a radical view to stir up the fearmonger pot. I in no way approve of any part of the interview, but Gellar is free to do as she pleases with these events, and even though I don't like the woman, I support what she's doing, just as I would support any anti radical christian event, or any anti-radical "any religion" event.

Fear mongering? Islamic fear mongering.

At some point basic common since calls for us to separate radical killer types from the rest and have no fear of doing so.

We almost had a massacre down in Texas. This trash she is arguing with supports what could have happened. Anyone still dragging around the ball and chain of worrying about offending Muslims in general at this points needs to do a bolsack check and have their head removed from their arise.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I get your point I guess. I don't necessarily agree with it but I get what you are saying.

Also don't think hannity would make it as civil as you presented it. But that could be just my personal basis on him

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
If drawing the prophet incites those that follow that religion. . . . . . . . wouldn't accepting gays as equals in our society also incite?

As I understand it, homosexuality isn't really accepted in Islamic cultures.

Seeing how many "Christians" here in the states cry for the deaths of homosexuals it looks like they aren't accepted by Christian culture either is it?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I can guarantee, that if you went to your local American mall or sporting event, or even Wal-mart and did a general survey of 100 random people, a good 30-70% would say it is o to chop off a thieves hand, or they would ask depending on what they stole. You would get nearly a 100% resounding yes if you asked if the wall street thieves should have their hands cut off. As far as I know though, there are only a handful of places left on Earth that still dish out the chopping of the hands for thieves. That is typically in very poor countries, or very isolated poor regions of developing nations.

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

If people can be incited to violence with a few drawings, they need to be incited.

I don't agree, we already know they can, why do we need to prove it further.

Do we keep poking the bear and hope that it doesn't get mad?

I am of the opinion that we could clear this country of a good lot of fanatics within a year if every state put on a draw the prophet Mohammad event and just leave plainclothes officers on standby waiting for the idiots signing up for the Darwin awards.

Every convention center, stadium, or arena should host these events at some point in the year and just have a defensive force on standby waiting for the fools who would dare attack the first amendment.

BRING IIIIIITTTT!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The thing is radical killer sorts don't really care about anything you or me may say in the moderate bipartisan discussion. They have been trying to provoke western christians with their mass slaughters over there. Most they killed were doing nothing....NOTHING.

In fact this guy is incensed like a psychopath becomes aggravated. Screw this jerk.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: beezzer
If drawing the prophet incites those that follow that religion. . . . . . . . wouldn't accepting gays as equals in our society also incite?

As I understand it, homosexuality isn't really accepted in Islamic cultures.

Seeing how many "Christians" here in the states cry for the deaths of homosexuals it looks like they aren't accepted by Christian culture either is it?

You're right.

But we mustn't offend muslims now with pictures of the prophet or gays getting equal treatment now. . . . should we?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Total UberFanaticBaiting by Fox news.
Even for them,this is bad.

Chowdry works for the UK security/intel services-of that I have no doubt.
Otherwise,he would have been locked up or got rid of.

Geller-She probably works for other security/intel people.
She has that look IMO.

Pair of tossers .
The cyber neo media war continues.

edit on 7/5/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

edit on 7/5/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: no

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Let's start publishing 5 cartoons per week for 2 years and see what happens.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I get your point I guess. I don't necessarily agree with it but I get what you are saying.

Also don't think hannity would make it as civil as you presented it. But that could be just my personal basis on him

But he kind of did which is why I was so shocked that he made that statement.

The fact that Hannity said anything striking me as thought provoking was a mind blower to me.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: disregard
a reply to: Kapusta thanks for taking the time to reply.
Heretics are everywhere. One more question, a simple yes or no will suffice.
Should we chop thieves hands off?

I do not expect a straight answer. And if islam permits lying in the name of islam then again whats the point in answering?.

Yes , First let's address the "lying"

Is it permissable to lie to kaafirs?.
Praise be to Allaah.
Lying is a reprehensible and blameworthy characteristic and is not appropriate whether in earnest or in jest. There is no concession allowing it except in cases of necessity in order to achieve some definite shar‘i interest that cannot be attained by telling the truth, or to ward off serious harm that cannot be warded off by telling the truth. If it is possible to avoid lying and to tell the truth in order to obtain interests or ward off harm, then there is no concession that allows lying.

Ahmad (17) narrated that Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) said: O people, beware of lying, for lying is contrary to faith.

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. See ad-Da‘eefah, 5/414

It is narrated in a saheeh report from Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqqaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: The Muslim could develop all sorts of characteristics except treachery and lying.

And it is narrated in a saheeh report from Ibn Mas‘ood (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: Lying is never appropriate in earnest or in jest. Then he recited the words of Allah (interpretation of the meaning): “Fear Allah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds).” [at-Tawbah 9:119].

So this means it's not ok to Lie ... the only time it would really be permissible is when you have to ,to save a life etc.

Now let's address the theft , Their are differing punishments for theft in Sharia , Much like US law .

but the first obligation is repentance and dawa ( calling that person back to Islam, and educating them about sinful actions ).

Now thievery does carry a heavy penalty in Islam , But now days they are more lenient.

The punishment varies from country to country.

if i had to compare it to something it would be like as follows .

The punishment for petty theft is maybe some time in jail , some probation ... according to US law.

the Punishment for petty theft in Islam is Dawa or some lashings with a warning .

The punishment for felonious theft ( home invasion , robbery etc ) is some serious time in jail .

the punishment for this type of theft in Islam is well.........bye bye hand ...

it all depends on a country's interpretation of Sharia .

true Sharia says Conditions have to be met and one of those conditions is that their has to be two witnesses .

Also another is that the victim has to ask for his items back, if he does not do this than the perp gets to keep his hand .

Yeah Yeah I know Draconian right ?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As far as I can tell - - the general belief in both Islam and Christianity is of Love and Peace - - - and very much the same.

Its only when ignorance, arrogance, ego, and extremism enter the picture creating the divide - - - making these two beliefs at odds with each other.

The belief is not the problem. Man's interpretation is the problem.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Ever seen a nest of rattlesnakes? If you have then you know how they will react when you poke at it with a sharp stick. The snakes will become agitated, squirm around and rattle and most likely strike out in defense.

Do we know what a troll is? A troll is a person who pokes the nest with a sharp stick, knowing full well what the reaction will be and then whines 'oh innocent me'. 'All I was doing was engaging in 'free speech'. Baloney. She got the exact reaction she was hoping for. So be it.

Is this thread about people or animals? A snake has no real choice; when it feels threatened it will indiscriminately strike at the nearest living thing. Most people have significantly larger brains than snakes do. People are capable of sentient thought. People are responsible for their actions, because people have free will.

If you were to show up at my door and punch me in the face...I'd probably lay into you with everything I've got. But that would be because I chose to. If someone's grandma did that, I'm pretty confident my rational side would prevail and I'd show restraint.

So what is it you are trying to say with your analogy? That radical Muslims are more animal than human? That no one should ever be held accountable for their actions? Or do you think only Muslims should be given a pass on violent behavior?
edit on 7-5-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I just want to applaud you for not reducing yourself to a petty level the way some other people do when attacking all of Islam in general and keeping a calm focused, and determined attitude when it comes to answering questions in regards to the faith and educating the general public on it when they ask sincerely.

For the record, I would love to have wall street executives subject to the chopping of the hands. They are guilty of felony theft a thousand times greater than your most hardcore drugged out home invasion burglar.
edit on 5/7/2015 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join