It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: amazing

I don't hate Christians but I fear Christian Laws being enacted or that my children will be taught genisis creation over evolution and real science. That's my fear.

Good and valid point ...
That would be Indoctrination ... Indoctrination is practiced by non Christians also

one thing devout Christians WILL NOT teach...critical-thinking, and reasoning skills.

Guess that's why this Christian taught Research Methods
in university.

What a bigoted statement you made.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: grandmakdw
From this thread alone:

Fail

From my pov, I just think Christians have been brainwashed and lied to

That isn't on the christian being lied to. Post goes on to say "but would never hate some one who hasn't ever wronged me."

they look down on others that are not "Christian enough"

Full quote:

I don't particularly like it though, when they look down on others that are not "Christian enough".

Saying that the poster hates the action and has no problem with those that don't do this.

ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

again the full quote:

If I make any negative comments about Christians, I am talking about the ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

Again, just certain christians who are acting a certain way. Seems pretty normal to me.

Won't bother with the rest because they are probably pretty much the same. Sad that you have to quote out of context to try and twist peoples words.

This was not a list of who claimed they didn't hate Christians, EVERYONE claimed that,
then went on or prefaced their statements
with bigoted
or prejudiced
or quite ugly comments.

I did not twist their words, I copy/pasted their words, these were still their words, verbatum
just without the qualifiers that (I don't hate Christians.....but....they....)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I consider myself a Christian and the only real anti-Christian nastiness I encounter is on the web. I went to a horse expo last weekend where I shared a hotel room with a Buddism-curious atheist and a pagan and somehow there was no name calling or blood shed.

I personally find the subject of religions--both modern and ancient--fascinating and love to learn about them. As a result, I also have a great deal of respect for different beliefs and those that follow them. I may not agree, and may find some of them quite a stretch, but in the end I'm a fan of live and let live.

Part of that respect is not making sweeping generalizations about said faiths. THAT is the stuff that really bothers me:

"Christians think everyone else is going to hell!!" Really? All Christians? Was there a survey or something that went out? Because I don't remember one. As far as I know, no human has been appointed with the task of deciding what happens to any of us when we die.

"Christians are intolerant!" Because nothing says tolerance like declaring millions of people you've never met "intolerant."

"I don't need an invisible sky-daddy to live my life." Maybe not, but if you get your rocks off mocking a concept of which you seem to have a complete lack of understanding you are certainly in desperate need of something.

And on and on and on.

You are never going to change someone's mind by insulting their faith and trashing their deities. If anything they are just going to cling tighter to their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You are SPOT ON here - I applaud your efforts.

Almost without exception, this crowd could care less about your point of view, or all of the factual points you are presenting.

Emotional hysteria trumps out every time with them.

I do understand that what you are saying needs to be said - thank you for saying it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
America is a Secular Democratic Republic.

The dominance of one specific religious belief over this country should never have been.

No one is stopping anyone from believing as they choose. Their "control of power" however, is being diminished by secular law. This is not persecution. This is setting things right.

I do not hate Christians. But, I will fight all the way to the Supreme Court for separation of church and state.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The qualifiers are what clarifies who the ugly comments are directed at. Leaving them out is misrepresenting what they said and is also considered twisting.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So you're telling me that because some of the evil heathens do it, it's ok that Christians, who claim the moral high ground, do it too? Or are you telling me that it's ok when god does it, or orders it done? It's just not ok when it's done apart from god or Jesus.

You cannot compare Christianity to anything or anyone else to justify it, because Christianity has claimed superiority over all others on earth. It has claimed the moral high ground. It has claimed enlightenment. It has claimed to be the truth, and the only way. When you have made these claims, and more, you are held to a much higher standard than the lowly ignorant heathen that your god will cast into the lake of fire for eternity.

edit on 4/15/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
UGH Christians...

Torn between the right to believe what you want and stupidity. Utter stupidity. When those christians shows come on in the morning, Click...Jesus this, Jesus that, Jesus in my life, Jesus Jesus Jesus. Make me want to smash my head into the wall. Why? Why does it bug me so much? It has no barring on my life, no effect, no consequences what-so-ever. Yet, I'm disgusted. Annoyed. Frustrated. Why? No idea. It just makes me cringe and I clench my teeth as soon as I hear JESUS. Drives me nuts.

It's like... hmm how can I articulate it. It's like someone who's got their head up their ass telling me what color the sky is. Wooooo god ehem, JESUS some dude who got himself into a whole lot of trouble back in the day and then the whole world went upside down with feverish cult like mentality. That goes for the Muslims too. The whole lot of ya.

But I'll be honest about something. I prayed the other day. I prayed that I don't get myself into # regarding a job
I did for a customer. But I didn't pray to rock'n roll Jesus. I just prayed to the universe or in general. No specific deity. And guess what? I didn't get in #.

So here's the crux of my rant. Believe in whatever you want, no problem to me. Believe in a higher power, or a some sort of ultimate cosmos consciousness. There may be something to prayer or collective thoughts, we don't know. But to say it's JESUS doing anything makes me want to pull out my hair , gouge out my eyes and curse you to hell. Except there is no hell. I just curse you. Stupid stupid Christians. Stupid stupid Muslims and Catholics. There is no "YOUR" god. IF there is a god, it's not some mortal human being who got himself in a whole heap of # with the Romans.

Pttu, I spit on organized religion.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't see Christians I know in my circle of friends, (I attend a mega church)
who are trying to control anyones personal lives,
other than the lives of their underage, at home children,
which all parents have a right to do, regardless of their religion or political bent.

There's the problem for everyone in this discussion. You are basing your views on the nice Christians you know. We are basing our views on the not so nice one's we've come across. I know it's probably the same for militant atheists as well. I know I speak crudely when it comes to religion, but I'm no militant atheist. I actually encourage people to investigate spirituality.

To suggest there is a shortage of Christians actively working to make political change against me, is being willfully blind. From your post history, I know you see the angry oppressed people, and wonder why they hate Christians. I don't mean that as an insult, but you seem defensive about it. I love sharing my ideas, I assume anyone on a forum feels the same need. I'll call you wrong, immoral, and doubt your god if you let me, but I won't see you as an enemy, the same can't be said about the Christians that I speak of. They are scary people.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Not until they start judging people, forcing their beliefs onto others and seeing satan everywhere they go.
I dont like it when many of them use their religion as a facade which they hide behind, spouting righteousness just before they go home to beat up the wife and kids. As Hitchens said, having Reverend before your name is a licence to be a criminal.
As long as they keep their religion, judgments, and gross hypocrisy to themselves, Im cool.
A man can only take so much.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm late to the meeting, but NO, I DO NOT HATE CHRISTIANS.

I think they need to get over themselves, though.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

The further you are willing to go to deny someone else their rights because you don't agree with them, the more of a hypocrite you are. I've seen people suggest that Christians should have their children taken away from them by the government on this very forum. I've also seen it suggested that Christians should be exterminated, because the world would be a better place without them. If that isn't hate, what is?

Please provide links and quotes of when people have suggested that their children be taken away or they be exterminated.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Just read this. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

To be a "Good" Christian is to practice the Golden Rule

That.

Just ---- that.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
So you're telling me that because some of the evil heathens do it, it's ok that Christians, who claim the moral high ground, do it too? Or are you telling me that it's ok when god does it, or orders it done? It's just not ok when it's done apart from god or Jesus.

You cannot compare Christianity to anything or anyone else to justify it, because Christianity has claimed superiority over all others on earth. It has claimed the moral high ground. It has claimed enlightenment. It has claimed to be the truth, and the only way. When you have made these claims, and more, you are held to a much higher standard than the lowly ignorant heathen that your god will cast into the lake of fire for eternity.

I never said because someone else does something bad that it justifies Christians or anyone else doing something bad.

I never called anyone a heathen, that is your bigoted projection of my thinking, quite a lot of prejudice you sent my way on that one.

I never said anything about anyone "cast into the lake of fire", again your bigotry and prejudice at work, projecting ugly things on me simply because I am a Christian.

You prove my point quite well about the prejudice and bigotry that is rampant on ATS against Christians.
Thank you for making my point so very well.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There is a lot of hate to go around. A lot of Christians hate atheists, a lot of atheists hate Christians.

"Some say, 'tis love, 'tis love makes the world go 'round. I say 'tis people minding their own damned business." ~ Lewis Carroll.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They were done to make people think about personal encounters
with Christians rather than mean spirited characterizations
that do not represent the majority of Christian people.

Kinda very much like what you just posted about Liberals/Democrats? (Which see, below......)

Hatred is nothing new to liberals. Liberals have made a science and art form of hatred and intolerance.

Wow.
Ironic.
edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

I don't see Christians I know in my circle of friends, (I attend a mega church)
who are trying to control anyones personal lives,
other than the lives of their underage, at home children,
which all parents have a right to do, regardless of their religion or political bent.

There's the problem for everyone in this discussion. You are basing your views on the nice Christians you know. We are basing our views on the not so nice one's we've come across. I know it's probably the same for militant atheists as well. I know I speak crudely when it comes to religion, but I'm no militant atheist. I actually encourage people to investigate spirituality.

To suggest there is a shortage of Christians actively working to make political change against me, is being willfully blind. From your post history, I know you see the angry oppressed people, and wonder why they hate Christians. I don't mean that as an insult, but you seem defensive about it. I love sharing my ideas, I assume anyone on a forum feels the same need. I'll call you wrong, immoral, and doubt your god if you let me, but I won't see you as an enemy, the same can't be said about the Christians that I speak of. They are scary people.

There are bad apples in every bunch.

Do you judge all gays based on the people who hunted and searched until they finally found a business they could attempt to close? You know they went from business to business searching and egging owners on until they found the hapless Pizza owners, who had to this point had not denied any homosexuals anything. It was posed as a hypothetical and answered as a hypothetical. Then they got so many death threats they had to close.

Do you judge all Global Warming people based on the leaders who have publicly called for the jailing and killing of people who don't believe in Global Warming?

Do you judge all Black people on the rantings of the Black Panthers who advocate killing all white people and all white babies?

Do you judge all Muslims based on the works of ISIS Daesh?

I could go on and on. If you say of course not to all of the above -
then why is it ok to generalize and judge all Christians based on
their bad apples?

That is my point.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Wow.. you should lay off the Fox News. You're addicted, and it's unhealthy.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by:

Hatred is nothing new to liberals. Liberals have made a science and art form of hatred and intolerance.

Wow.
Ironic.

Uh huh.

Some people really need to do some mirror work.

edit on 15-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join