It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Many non Christian's are truer Christians than fundamentalist Christians

Things get distorted over time ... and we need to look to origins for the essence of truth

To be a "Good" Christian is to practice the Golden Rule

Whether they be just story's or not ... The Widow's Mite and the story of one who was robbed and beaten and left at the roadside come to mind ... Many passed by out of fear but a non Christian stopped and gave assistance.

Zealots and fundamentalist are not true Christians ... nor are those who place themselves above others and preach down ... creating fear of imaginary hell for those who do not obey ... As if some God asked them to act as agents for Him/Her

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Just came across this article I found relatable to what I mean. freethoughtblogs.com...

And yeah, the problem isn't exclusively Southern and I'll admit my fear of those areas may be a little unfair to the people that ARE good and kind. It's fear. There's nothing that can be done about that. Editing to add I was surprised at some of the more Northern states in that list.
edit on 15-4-2015 by gottaknow because: additional information

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

Again. Code of Hammurabi came first.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: grandmakdw
One idiot said they weren't Christians, they were Catholics. That is how ignorant non-Christians are when it comes to religion.

Idiot? Ignorant? Do you hate non-Christians? Democrats, maybe?

Good question.

I am frustrated by idots, aren't you?

I am also frustrated by people who are ignorant of something they claim to know something about.

I fear Democrats rather than hate them. Their agenda leans heavily toward thought control and speech control, and control over every aspect of ones life. I fear them as much as you fear Christians. But Democrats are advocating throwing people in jail or even killing people for not believing in Climate Change (I've posted the links hundreds of times, so recheck my old posts).
The LGBT community who are darlings of the Democrats are going business to business looking for people to say or do something that they can prosecute and ruin their lives and businesses. As was done to the Pizza Parlor, and the 70 year old owner of a florist shop that actually employed gay people but didn't want to do a gay wedding. The Democrats have supported the new sport of "Christian hunting to destroy businesses and lives". It is one thing if discrimination actually happens naturally, that is real and problematic. But another thing to make a hunting sport out of it to purposefully destroy the lives of Christians.
So yes I fear the criminalization of speech and thought that doesn't agree with the value system of the Democratic Party.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Answer

If you want to pretend that everyone hates you because of your chosen religion, go right ahead but you're completely wrong.

I'm not a Christian so I have the liberty to see and interpret things from my own perspective. I simply call it as I see it. There's no persecution complex at work.

Intolerant assholism is intolerant assholism, and two wrongs don't make a right.

What Christian has been an intolerant asshole to you personally?
Not someone you saw on TV, or heard of in the media, or read about.
You personally who has been a truly intolerant asshole to you personally?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
true that, after what I read through the years, there is great hatred for Christians on this forum, by some.

And there is a great hatred for women on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for atheists on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for men on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for Muslims on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for liberals on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for gun control advocates on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for gay people on this forum, by some.

I could go on... Should Christians be immune to what EVERYONE ELSE is exposed to?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
originally posted by: Entreri06

The OP rephrased:

All the time on ATS, when debating the different aspects of "racial inequality", you will see "Black people" unhappy with the evidence (true or false) presented begin to accuse any "white person" of hating either "African Americans or Blacks "themselves. This is almost always followed by the posted accused saying that they don't hate "African Americans" they just don't "like"...

So I was wondering how many people on here actually hate "Black people"??? And how many don't?

Personally, I was raised "with black friends" and a big part of my social circle claims (...). So the thought that I hate my "black" friends and ...is just silly.

From my pov, I just think "African Americans" have been "taught by their culture...", but would never hate some one who hasn't ever wronged me.

Thoughts?

Let's rephrase the OP again:

All the time on ATS, when debating the different aspects of "Islam", you will see "Muslims" unhappy with the evidence (true or false) presented begin to accuse any non "Muslim" of hating either Islam or "Muslims" themselves. This is almost always followed by the posted accused saying that they don't hate "Muslims" they just don't buy it...

So I was wondering how many people on here actually hate "Muslims"??? And how many don't?

Personally, I was raised "a Muslim" and a big part of my social circle claims ( very few actually practice it in any circles) "Islam". So the thought that I hate my friends and family is just silly.

From my pov, I just think "Muslims" have been brainwashed and lied to, but would never hate some one who hasn't ever wronged me.

Thoughts?

Yes, how many will answer honestly?
When you see your OP rephrased to represent another large group of people,
how does it feel?
What vibe are you getting from these words?

edit on 9Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:35:29 -0500am41504amk153 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I forgive all of you.

(it's what Jesus would do)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Shouldn't everyone have a voice regardless of religious affiliation, on some topics I see only the attempt to silence Christian opinion, why is it the opinion an atheist holds is more valuable?
That makes the atheist no different in their rigid view point as the fundamentalist Christian.

I have seen post that say the world would be a much better place without Christians, and worse.

People who think that an atheist utopia would exist without Christianity, there are even topics on it, history says different.

One time when I posted a link to Christian persecution in the middle east, one genius said, well why are Christians over there in the first place, why don't they stay in their own country,

whatever

bye

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

You people are hilarious. Replace "Christians" with any other group, and see how ridiculous you sound.

"I don't HATE gay people, I just don't think they should be allowed to be gay."

"I don't HATE black people, I just think they shouldn't be allowed to vote."

Replace Christian with any other demographic, and see what your statements sound like. Does it seem like you would be a bigot? Guess what: You are.

Gay people are not trying to convert me to homosexuality.
Black people aren't trying to force me to be black, or live their culture.

The further you are willing to go to deny someone else their rights because you don't agree with them, the more of a hypocrite you are. I've seen people suggest that Christians should have their children taken away from them by the government on this very forum. I've also seen it suggested that Christians should be exterminated, because the world would be a better place without them. If that isn't hate, what is?

This statement is hypocrisy personified. Christianity is all about denying people their rights and freedoms. Christianity is all about condemning others to eternal damnation because they don't agree with you. Hatred is nothing new to Christianity. Christianity has made a science and art form of hatred and intolerance.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I forgive all of you.

(it's what Jesus would do)

Then Bless You my Son

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You've asked many (insulting) questions of many people and we've answered them. Yet, you continue on as though this is a one-person discussion, ignoring the responses and questions back to you. I'm finished speaking into a vacuum. Read your signature.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

One could make similar sweeping statements about any political party using case examples of a few people or an organization from that political party acting out.

There is nothing to fear from Democrats nor is there anything to fear from Republicans. At the end of the day, members from either political party just want what they think is the best way to extend the freedoms and rights provided by this country to as many people as possible. When you see it like that, it becomes MUCH easier to negotiate and compromise with the opposing political party.

You make a comment about LGBT's going Christian hunting to destroy Christian businesses. Well for the longest time (and even today) many homosexuals have had to fear Christian persecution up to and including beatings and death. So it isn't like your side is completely in the clear here and LGBT's are just acting out against innocent Christians. It's a cycle of hate perpetuated by both sides' fear of the other side. Stop fueling it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

What is your plan to end religion in general?

What would you do to put an end to religion in general if you had absolute power and could ensure that religion would never resurface?

Plan? Now why would I have a specific plan? It's not like I'm a supervillain lurking in an underground lair plotting the end of religion. I'm just a guy with an opinion who has no qualms discussing my opinions with others. Some may choose to not believe as I do, or otherwise respect my point of view, or will continue on their own path. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a militant antitheist, unless someone is attacking science and rational thought outright. Otherwise I have very live and let live mentality. I believe that eventually humans will leave the concept of magical imaginary friends behind. I tend to not spew venom and vitriol unless I get especially riled up which is rare. I state my opinion and move on, life's too short.....

If I had a absolute power huh? Love the hypotheticals. As I stated in my original post, I want to see an end to religion. I didn't state that I want to be the one to end religion. In short, I wouldn't, it will eventually die on its own, and I do believe in the liberties of the individual. However, NO religion would be allowed to influence government, education, or to hinder technological or scientific advancement.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

One time when I posted a link to Christian persecution in the middle east, one genius said, well why are Christians over there in the first place, why don't they stay in their own country...

I was one of those "geniuses" maam. And I still hold to it. Only those who were born there, and converted to Christianity there, have any room to cry persecution. Missionaries, and those who have gone there to proselytize, have no room to complain. They knew they were walking into the lions den, and no one would protect them. It is sad that anyone would murder a non violent person solely for their beliefs, but history is littered with dead bodies because of religion.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yah, they didn't burn heretics at the stake, go on watch hunts, fight the Crusades or support the Holy Land and the Chosenites during the last several decades of middle eastern Wars.

Over what, again? Anti Muslim rhetoric is always the excuse for the next chapter.

I know its really about oil and dominance, but its played up religiously so the Western Judeo Christian ethos will be supportive of the War on Terror.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh one more thing, you don't make the snarky comments aimed at Christianity on this forum without some degree of hatred and contempt for Christians, you know who you are.

Maybe everyone should spend a little more time examining their own soul and the state of their heart and thoughts.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: DeadSeraph

This statement is hypocrisy personified. Christianity is all about denying people their rights and freedoms. Christianity is all about condemning others to eternal damnation because they don't agree with you. Hatred is nothing new to Christianity. Christianity has made a science and art form of hatred and intolerance.

This statement is hypocrisy personified.

Liberals are all about denying people their rights and freedoms.
Teachers should not be allowed to have a bible on their desk and should be fired even if they don't read it to the students, or reference it, and it is only there for personal reasons. That book should be forbidden in schools.
People who don't believe in climate change should be jailed or killed.

Christianity is all about condemning others to eternal damnation because they don't agree with you.
Liberalism/progressivism is all about condemning others to jail or forcing them to lose their business or being fired because they don't agree with you or because they used words in private conversations you don't agree with.

Hatred is nothing new to liberals. Liberals have made a science and art form of hatred and intolerance.
They go looking for people to say or do the wrong thing so they can run them out of business or force them to be fired.
They pass laws making certain thoughts a crime. (ie hate crimes, which are enforced against only one group of people)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You ask who has judged, insulted or harmed me? Well, parents and brothers and susters-in-law, even friends. I live with it day in and day out. I'm surrounded by christians.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You've asked many (insulting) questions of many people and we've answered them. Yet, you continue on as though this is a one-person discussion, ignoring the responses and questions back to you. I'm finished speaking into a vacuum. Read your signature.

These questions are not insulting.

They were done to make people think about personal encounters
with Christians rather than mean spirited characterizations
that do not represent the majority of Christian people.

The point I am trying to make is that many here on this thread
are making cartoonish, outlandish, and mean spirited characterizations
of Christians in general.

Based on TV shows (thats reality, huh?),
based on the we know heavily biased Mainstream media,
based on rumor and innuendo and third and fourth hand gossip.
These gross and cartoonish generalizations about Christians
are as bigoted and prejudiced as any ugly statement about racial groups.

I don't have to answer responses if I think they do not need a response
and speak for themselves.
I do not want to go back and forth forever on the same rabbit hole,
with the same old people who say the same predictable things
over and over.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join