It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
All the time on ATS, when debating the different aspects of Christianity, you will see Christians unhappy with the evidence (true or false) presented begin to accuse any non Christians of hating either Christianity or Christians themselves. This is almost always followed by the posted accused saying that they don't hate Christians they just don't buy it...

So I was wondering how many people on here actually hate Christians??? And how many don't?

Personally, I was raised southern baptist and a big part of my social circle claims ( very few actually practice it in any circles) Christianity. So the thought that I hate my friends and family is just silly.

From my pov, I just think Christians have been brainwashed and lied to, but would never hate some one who hasn't ever wronged me.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Hate them? Absolutely not. I want to see an end to religion in general, but I couldn't hate anyone simply because they believe in Christ/Jehovah. If I were to hate someone because of their religion I would be no better than those that hate each other for minute differences that exist between denominations of a given religion.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't hate them, hate is a strong word. I don't particularly like it though, when they look down on others that are not "Christian enough".
To judge others means that the person judging is putting themselves above the person they're judging.
WWJD?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Terrorist groups hate Christians...I personally don't.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's absolutely not hate. It's a refusal to abide by the rules of their meme. To an operative, that is hate.

If you are not an operative, it's puzzling why they claim to be victims of hate and wars on Christmas and such.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Short answer is No I do not hate Christians ... Some of my friends are Christian
I am non religous btw

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't hate Christians but I fear Christian Laws being enacted or that my children will be taught genisis creation over evolution and real science. That's my fear.

link   

No, but I strongly dislike what Christianity has become. Preachers picking and choosing the message of the Book to further their own ends. Mega churches are about as unique Christ-like as it gets, according to who he was portrayed to be in the Bible. And hate is not a value found anywhere in his teachings.
But generally, I don't trust any religion interpreted by Man. Judiasm, Islam, Christianity, etc. If there is a higher power similar to what the major religions teach, a personal relationship with it is the only way to serve it. Forget 'holy men'.

link   
Hate is very personal.

I don't hate many people. Less than five.

Aside from the fact that claiming that Christians are "hated" is an easily-recognized rhetorical device, I would say that there is a strain in Christianity from the start that belies a victim mentality ...

Luke 22: 17 "Everyone will hate you because of me." (Jesus)

Matthew 10: 22 "You will be hated by everyone because of me." (Jesus)

John 15:18 "If the world hates you keep in mind that it hated me first." (Jesus)

That's part of the fundamental schtick as it were.

edit on 17Tue, 14 Apr 2015 17:09:55 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: a to an

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Well Im a christian and Im hated in my own country, but I'm a catholic, just put British hatred of catholics in a google search to get plenty of information

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Nope - don't hate Christians. I have family members and good friends who consider themselves Christians. If I make any negative comments about Christians, I am talking about the ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't hate Christians but I fear Christian Laws being enacted or that my children will be taught genisis creation over evolution and real science. That's my fear.

Good and valid point ...
That would be Indoctrination ... Indoctrination is practiced by non Christians also

edit on 14-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nope - don't hate Christians. I have family members and good friends who consider themselves Christians. If I make any negative comments about Christians, I am talking about the ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

I agree and also to add to your points .... To object or disagree is not to hate ... hate is blind and the parent of violence...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

All the time on ATS, when debating the different aspects of Christianity, you will see Christians unhappy with the evidence (true or false) presented begin to accuse any non Christians of hating either Christianity or Christians themselves. This is almost always followed by the posted accused saying that they don't hate Christians they just don't buy it...

So I was wondering how many people on here actually hate Christians??? And how many don't?

Personally, I was raised southern baptist and a big part of my social circle claims ( very few actually practice it in any circles) Christianity. So the thought that I hate my friends and family is just silly.

From my pov, I just think Christians have been brainwashed and lied to, but would never hate some one who hasn't ever wronged me.

Thoughts?

I don't hate Christians. I certainly had a firm grounding in some fundamentalist traditions from my father's side and I also was exposed to "new age" religion from my mother (she is Wiccan). My parents felt it was important that my sister and I knew my father's side of the family regarding these family and religious traditions. They wanted us to know that religion was a personal choice.

I do think that Christianity has inherent at it's very core the idea of being a pariah, maybe that is why they are so invested in this idea of persecution. Right now, Christianity is not as popular as it was even a few decades ago. I think many people see that the culture itself is not as invested in the religion as it was and this can be frightening.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Only the ones who think they are holier then Jesus.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't hate them. Though, I do not subscribe to them nor the other major religions- overall see them as a set back because of how they are played to continue wars, the ones who claim to be Christian and charitable but do it for their own personal greed, actions of the past, etc. In fact coming from a Catholic background, I've probably heard more hate towards that, especially from Christians. In general most of the Christian hate I hear is towards Jehovah Witness coming door to door and complaints against that and Mormons in general.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Hate is very personal.

I don't hate many people. Less than five.

Aside from the fact that claiming that Christians are "hated" is an easily-recognized rhetorical device, I would say that there is a strain in Christianity from the start that belies a victim mentality ...

Luke 22: 17 "Everyone will hate you because of me." (Jesus)

Matthew 10: 22 "You will be hated by everyone because of me." (Jesus)

John 15:18 "If the world hates you keep in mind that it hated me first." (Jesus)

That's part of the fundamental schtick as it were.

Nailed it. Victim mentality at its worst.

Some religious folks see everything as persecution because they've been taught in church that the rest of the world is against them because people who question religion "hate god." They hear "Some people hate god because of xxxxxx and others hate him because of yyyyyyy."

It just encourages the congregation to never question what they're told because they don't want to be perceived as a god hater.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
I would add, those verses also give the fundamentalists/literalists license to think everything they do is ok, even if you don't like it, because you just hate Christians.

I have no hatred for Christians. I have family and friends who are believers. I do however, despise Christianity itself.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just hate it when they attempt to legislate there belief or morality. Be a believer all you want just don't try to force everyone else to conform.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Of course no one is going to say they hate Christians, but it doesn't matter what they say (Christians would be wise to remember this as well).

It is evident through their actions. The people who made threats on the pizza shop hate Christians, but they won't say it. The people who constantly berate and trash Christian beliefs at every opportunity hate Christians, but they won't say it.

The nature of the tree is evident by its fruit. But hate isn't chic, so you won't get any public admission of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join