It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Of course no one is going to say they hate Christians, but it doesn't matter what they say (Christians would be wise to remember this as well).

It is evident through their actions. The people who made threats on the pizza shop hate Christians, but they won't say it. The people who constantly berate and trash Christian beliefs at every opportunity hate Christians, but they won't say it.

The nature of the tree is evident by its fruit. But hate isn't chic, so you won't get any public admission of it.

Lol.... Appearently some one who needs to feel like everyone hates him/his beliefs!!!

This is hilarious!!! It's like no, nope, nah, no , nope, not me!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can pretend like you are fighting for the underdogs all you want here, but the facts are that Christians are the most numerous religion in the world. Plus they have been running the 1st world for the better part of a millennium. They aren't underdogs by any stretch of the imagination.

Who said anything about "fighting for the underdog"? I'm not defending Christendom at all. I'm simply pointing out that even the most visceral attackers of it, indeed especially those, will never admit to anyone (probably least of all themselves) that many of their actions are motivated by hate (or some variation of it--spite, conceit, etc.).

Their actions betray them but, for one reason or another, they will not even entertain the idea that these actions arise from the cultivation of negative emotions. Hence, the OP is looking for people who refuse to explicitly reveal themselves. Makes me wonder what the point really was, other than to open a forum for self-vindication of the non-believer.

What, because I don't piss all over every religious thing I see makes me a Crusader for Christ? Are we supposed to hate Christians because now they're in the majority and it's cool to be a rebel or something?

Anyway, as I alluded to earlier, just because people say they're Christians doesn't mean jack squat. My alcoholic, kleptomaniac neighbor who cheats on his wife and hasn't been to church in twenty years calls himself a Christian.

Are those numbers inflated? You tell me. But we digress...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hate them - no ...
Get thoroughly annoyed with the hypocrisy .. intolerance ... and trying to convert everyone to believe their book of fairytales - yes
Get fed up with them always wanting to end the world - yes

edit on 14/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

What rubbish.

There is no hatred of Catholics in England. There is a great deal of hatred for Catholicism, and understandably so given the history of relations between the Catholic Church and the English Crown.

General answer on topic: very few people hate Christians in general. But there is a certain kind of Christian that is hated: the sanctimonious, holier-than-thou variety who is constantly trying to spread his 'gospel' and forever making moral judgements about other people's lives. Such people are deservedly hated.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The people who made threats on the pizza shop hate Christians

No, they just don't like people who make a public fetish out of their hatred for homosexuals. Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with this, except in the minds of people who think it is Christian to hate gay people.

The people who constantly berate and trash Christian beliefs at every opportunity hate Christians

No, they hate the allegedly Christian doctrines taught by decadent American salvation-cults that have degenerated from Christianity. Very often their hatred for those doctrines, and the churches that propagate them, is due to having seen for themselves the psychological damage that such cults have inflicted on their own friends and loved ones.

'Hatred of Christians' in the West is nothing but the confabulation of Christian paranoiac fantasies.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

IMHO there is a very fine line between hating the faith, and the practitioners. I define myself by my faith, so anyone who hates what I believe, might as well hate me.

That is your problem, then, and nobody else's. Please solve it yourself instead of blaming others for it and labelling yourself a victim.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

If you plan to read La Commedia, I recommend the translation in verse by Dorothy L. Sayers. Don't bother with any of the other English versions.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

what's a true christian?

..i haven't seen anyone remotely resembling what Job describes in chapter 29

fwiw, most psychopaths want to destroy beautiful things because it reminds them of their lost innocence..

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

'Job describes' Christians?

1. Job was not the author of the Book of Job.

2. There were no Christians around at the time. Job 29 isn't a description of Christianity, it's Job's nostalgia for the days before his God turned against him and made him the subject of a cruel supernatural bet.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

People can say they're Christians, but as I try to follow Christ
one thing becomes clear to me. My concerns should be on my
love for my Father in Heaven. Not someone elses hate, that I
was previously informed of anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You people are hilarious. Replace "Christians" with any other group, and see how ridiculous you sound.

"I don't HATE gay people, I just don't think they should be allowed to be gay."

"I don't HATE black people, I just think they shouldn't be allowed to vote."

Replace Christian with any other demographic, and see what your statements sound like. Does it seem like you would be a bigot? Guess what: You are.

Edit to add:

The further you are willing to go to deny someone else their rights because you don't agree with them, the more of a hypocrite you are. I've seen people suggest that Christians should have their children taken away from them by the government on this very forum. I've also seen it suggested that Christians should be exterminated, because the world would be a better place without them. If that isn't hate, what is?
edit on 15-4-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I don't hate them, hate is a strong word. I don't particularly like it though, when they look down on others that are not "Christian enough".
To judge others means that the person judging is putting themselves above the person they're judging.
WWJD?

I'm not religious be it seems I keep defending them...lol

I think it is more along the lines that many of you look down on Christians because they are not Atheist enough....

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

General answer on topic: very few people hate Christians in general. But there is a certain kind of Christian that is hated: the sanctimonious, holier-than-thou variety who is constantly trying to spread his 'gospel' and forever making moral judgements about other people's lives. Such people are deservedly hated.

And how many are like this? I find the vast majority are just people that go about their business. I also think everyone has moral judgement no matter where they get their morals from.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Not exactly.
Sins are not forgiven in the sense you are describing. Everyone who believes in him, repent their sins and are babtized are forgiven. Doesn´t mean sins are automatically forgiven. Sins needs to be faced in your own mind and you need to repent them.. no other way. So basically it doesn´t give get out of jail card.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

You people are hilarious. Replace "Christians" with any other group, and see how ridiculous you sound.

"I don't HATE gay people, I just don't think they should be allowed to be gay."

"I don't HATE black people, I just think they shouldn't be allowed to vote."

Hmm let me try that.
"I don't HATE Christians. I just think they shouldn't be allowed to believe in the Bible." (or anything they want to believe)
"I don't HATE Christians. I just think they shouldn't be allowed to be Christians."

Oh ok. Now point out a poster here on this thread who said that.

The further you are willing to go to deny someone else their rights because you don't agree with them, the more of a hypocrite you are.

Who are willing to take away their rights?

I've seen people suggest that Christians should have their children taken away from them by the government on this very forum.

I don't know what others said exactly but it seems to me what they meant is that it's when the parents force their religion on kids when they don't want it it is child abuse. One extreme example is where parents refuse to get medical help for kids because of their faith. Perhaps you'd point out a few posts for me?

I've also seen it suggested that Christians should be exterminated, because the world would be a better place without them. If that isn't hate, what is?

That counts why? Those types of people are thankfully rare.
edit on 4/15/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thats right, but many Christians believe that after they are babtized and everything, all their sins are forgiven, past, present and future.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Thanks for the tip!
edit on 15-4-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Definitely don't hate them.... i was raised christian and could never really truly grasp it... or would lie to myself that i did out of fear. after positive and revealing trips on mushrooms, religions and cultural ideologies were actually incomprehensible to me. It seems that most people with religions are actually building some kind of virtual reality for themselves. and it truly becomes real for them. its almost as if whatever you believe in, the universe will begin to shape your whole paradigm around it, actually making it very real for you. The most important thing i would like to say here is that any person that really speaks truth, that wants you to understand the truth will not be so pushy and non- accepting (as most religions are) about trying to convert you. what im saying is.... if you believe you are so truly enlightened with your set of beliefs...where is your level of acceptance for other people? In my experiences i have come to accept many religious people and their beliefs. Honestly, if you believe it and it makes sense to you and it makes you happy, i say go for it. but mostly, a in return I have never received the same form of mutual acceptance back from most religious people. If someone wants to help lead you down the righteous path but they don't have enough respect too accept you and your beliefs.... well then that goes to show how enlightened they are.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

You just pulled those examples out of thin air. Who here has said that christians shouldn't be allowed to be christians or that they shouldn't be allowed to vote?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I don't hate anyone. I don't particularly like hypocritical behaviour though

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join