It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

I dont hate, but in a way I dislike both the way average Christians think, meaning the believe they are going to heaven, with all their sins, but non christians go to hell regardles of how little sin they do, and also non christians that place all Christians in the same box of judgemental and arrugant people.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I hate rhetoric more than anything else, and we know who uses rhetoric more than any other, and from there all else stems, when 'duty' calls. Truth is always the first casualty, you can often know a thief, you can't always know a liar, those who are both use rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Of course no one is going to say they hate Christians, but it doesn't matter what they say (Christians would be wise to remember this as well).

It is evident through their actions. The people who made threats on the pizza shop hate Christians, but they won't say it. The people who constantly berate and trash Christian beliefs at every opportunity hate Christians, but they won't say it.

The nature of the tree is evident by its fruit. But hate isn't chic, so you won't get any public admission of it.

So you're saying that a person can't hate the actions of an individual without hating the group that person claims to represent?

The people who made threats to that pizza shop hate intolerant assholes. Intolerant assholes come in all flavors. If a pizza shop called "Jesus Christ! Pizza!" opened and promised to serve people of all sexual preference, nobody would send hate mail to that shop.

Nobody berates and trashes Christian beliefs at "every opportunity." Folks berate and trash assholish behavior. Just because the folks committing that assholish behavior claim to do it under the guise of some religion doesn't mean that the religion itself is the target of the disdain.

If you want to pretend that everyone hates you because of your chosen religion, go right ahead but you're completely wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So I was wondering how many people on here actually hate Christians??? And how many don't?

I don't hate them. I think they are dangerous, they have always been dangerous.

Anyone that believes God is "on their side" is capable of anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

If you want to pretend that everyone hates you because of your chosen religion, go right ahead but you're completely wrong.

I'm not a Christian so I have the liberty to see and interpret things from my own perspective. I simply call it as I see it. There's no persecution complex at work.

Intolerant assholism is intolerant assholism, and two wrongs don't make a right.
edit on 4/14/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Intolerant assholism is intolerant assholism, and two wrongs don't make a right.

You missed the entire point. Nobody was "being intolerant of Christians" by boycotting the pizza shop.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I dont hate, but in a way I dislike both the way average Christians think, meaning the believe they are going to heaven, with all their sins, but non christians go to hell

Christians can also go to Hell ... Dante's Divine Comedy shows us this ... He, Dante a Christian was shown where he would end up if he did not change his ways ... Beatrice sent Virgil to guide him through Hell and also the steep path of Mount Purgatory after that ...

Though Virgil was not allowed into Paradise as he was non Christian

btw I don't believe in Hell but love Dante's great allegory

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
To hate all Christians would mean that I hate my family and some friends as well as thousands of good people around the world. So, no. As others have stated, hate is a strong word I reserve for people who have personally done wrong to me or wrongs of the world. I'm pretty darn close to hating Christianity and religion in general.

I hate that I don't feel comfortable moving down South because of the highly pious nature of the people who live there. Being an atheist in a community like that will lead to shunning at best and ignorant accusations of devil worship are quite possible. If somehow, I had children, how could I raise them in the environment where they would be treated badly or perhaps enticed into their belief systems?

I hate that Christians rule the political system in this country and atheists aren't allowed to play. There are Christian colleges that aren't necessarily accredited and offer quick degrees to their followers unfairly. Christians benefit each other exclusively in business and social ways.

I hate what Christianity does to the people I love and know. How they become so entranced in this belief system and are victims to it's lies and dogmatic practices. I hate the control it wrests upon them, making them feel shame and guilt to extremes. I MORE than hate what it does to the children.

I hate being bombarded by ignorance and snide remarks from those who feel they are justified in their actions because of their freaking stupid book of fiction. I have seen some horrible people tell blatant lies and then spout scripture in their defense. Of course, they pretty much spouted scripture all the time anyway - hate that crap too.

I hate going on my Facebook to see at least several posts of "Are you saved?" ,"He is Our Lord", "Like if you have taken Jesus into your Heart" on a daily basis along with the lesser annoying requests for "Pray for ..." And knowing if I post as an atheist on there, not only will I lose some friends, but I set myself up for public arguments on my personal FB.

I hate what religion has done to our societies over the years and continues to do so. I hate what religion has prevented in technology and learning. I hate all the needless suffering and death brought on by religious beliefs.

I hate how it's only recently in our history that atheists have even been able to speak up only to be told that they are "browbeating Christians" and are a religion of their own.

edit on 14-4-2015 by gottaknow because: correction

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

You missed the entire point. Nobody was "being intolerant of Christians" by boycotting the pizza shop.

By boycotting, not necessarily. I wasn't talking about that though. I was referring to the threats of violence and property damage. People don't do that without having serious ideological misgivings.

Anyway. It need not be as dramatic an example as that. But those who disagree with me will never concede my point, as I implied above. If you can't see the spiteful malice spewed at Christians every day on ATS alone, I dunno what to tell you.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Questioning someone's belief structure doesn't mean that the person hates you. That is just make believe hate because you don't like the how those questions sound and what they imply.

I'm pretty sure that the Christian fundamentalists on these boards that take every opportunity to deny science and question things like evolution don't hate me. Funnily enough, only Christians seem to pretend like questioning their beliefs is an outlet for hate. Most everyone else embraces doubt and questions.

You can pretend like you are fighting for the underdogs all you want here, but the facts are that Christians are the most numerous religion in the world. Plus they have been running the 1st world for the better part of a millennium. They aren't underdogs by any stretch of the imagination.
edit on 14-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I never heard of that before. Maybe I should look it up sometime. It might be a great read, thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Funnily enough, only Christians seem to pretend like questioning their beliefs is an outlet for hate.

Where did you get that from, personal experience? No, better than that define what a Christian is in your view.

edit on 14-4-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Funnily enough, only Christians seem to pretend like questioning their beliefs is an outlet for hate.

Where did you get that from, personal experience?

Yes. I am constantly told that I hate Christians for questioning their beliefs. I don't get told I hate ghost hunters and mediums though when I question ghosts or that I hate ufologists when I question UFO sightings.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
IMHO there is a very fine line between hating the faith, and the practitioners. I define myself by my faith, so anyone who hates what I believe, might as well hate me. Look at our popular culture today; Christians and Christianity are almost never mentioned except for purposes of ridicule or political posturing.

this site especially seems to feature frequent posts/posters producing scorn, ridicule and contempt for my faith. (I'm sure there are far worse sites, I don't visit many).
I appreciate how many people condemn and criticize the haters that threatened and insulted the pizza restaurant, but remember the numbers and ferocity of the initial reaction. just how many people are out there, that truly hate my faith, and by extension me? or is it just that the haters are active on twitter / social media?

edit on 14-4-2015 by works4dhs because: delete lines to prevent the dreaded thread drift

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hate when a "belief" trumps my reality.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Let's use Westboro Baptist Church as an extreme example. I don't hate them. I support their freedom to their beliefs. However I do HATE and I mean HATE what they believe and stand for. And Lord knows they make me angry sometimes.

Hating Christianity != hating Christians

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
oh please don't bring Westboro into this. these people are so far from the Bible and true Christianity as to be a performance-art parody of what the haters think Christianity is.
I don't know of one person in one church in the US that has anything good to say about them or supports them or their mission in any way.

note to opinion guy; it's not the quantity or quality of sin, it's the forgiveness of same. bumper sticker: 'Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.' true Christians are grateful for God's grace, not condemnatory towards others' sin. ('Been there don that, buddy. But you don't have to live that way...')
edit on 14-4-2015 by works4dhs because: typo fix

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't hate Christians, don't hate anyone based on their beliefs, including Muslims.

I hate the things that are done in the name of Christianity.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

oh please don't bring Westboro into this. these people are so far from the Bible and true Christianity as to be a performance-art parody of what the haters think Christianity is.

Why not? I was making a point that no matter how much you hate any religion or belief it does not mean that you hate the person.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Actions not words determine one's true beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join