It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

I've seen people suggest that Christians should have their children taken away from them by the government on this very forum. I've also seen it suggested that Christians should be exterminated, because the world would be a better place without them. If that isn't hate, what is?

And this is exactly the 'victim mentality' somebody mentioned before. I am sure you are referring to Buzzywigs posts. She has never said that children should be taken away from Christians parents or that Christians should be exterminated, you are just twisting her words to fit your own ideas and to play the victim.

And no, I don't hate Christians, I was one once and most of my family members still are. I dislike all organised religions, because their members purposefully ignore any evidence that does not fit their agenda and then they accuse non believers of hatred towards them.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Where in the deep south were you looking, I'm curious because as a Catholic (not practicing) married to a pagan, that has lived in Florida, Louisiana, and oklahoma we have never been shunned for not going to church, or for our belifs.

Heck living in germany right now we have a couple old ladies from jehova's witness that come by on a regular basis to talk. They know we aren't converting but it's a cup of tea, they can practice English we can practice German. (by the way this part of germany would fit in easily in oklahoma)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

And also, a well known female "Christian leader" said in one of her books "I do not have any sin, because Christians cannot do sin for they were already forgiven".

That is what many Christians of today believe. Repentance is not even preaced anymore, and the majority of Christians I know not even know how to, as their Bible say, "confess your sins before God to recieve forgiveness".

That is why I have a problem with Christians of today.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

historically - some of the worst hatered and violence perpetrated against christians has been inter-nicine wars and schisms between rival christian cults - go figure

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953

Hate them? Absolutely not. I want to see an end to religion in general, but I couldn't hate anyone simply because they believe in Christ/Jehovah. If I were to hate someone because of their religion I would be no better than those that hate each other for minute differences that exist between denominations of a given religion.

What is your plan to end religion in general?

What would you do to put an end to religion in general if you had absolute power and could ensure that religion would never resurface?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I don't hate them, hate is a strong word. I don't particularly like it though, when they look down on others that are not "Christian enough".
To judge others means that the person judging is putting themselves above the person they're judging.
WWJD?

Is there someone in your life, that you know one on one (not that you have heard about in the media, or read about in the media, or seen on TV)

but someone in your actual circle who has spoken to you that
is a Christian
that quite clearly said you are not Christian enough or you are no good because you aren't a Christian?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'll just add my 2 cents. I don't hate Christians or Christianity. I simply don't share their beliefs.

I do hate how SOME people (regardless of religious affiliation) use political power to deny rights and control others.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

It's absolutely not hate. It's a refusal to abide by the rules of their meme. To an operative, that is hate.

If you are not an operative, it's puzzling why they claim to be victims of hate and wars on Christmas and such.

Do you know a Christian personally, one on one, who is trying to force you to abide by the "rules of their meme"?

I'm not talking about "you hear it on TV", or you "saw it on the Internet", or you "read about", or some mythical, you know of.

I'm talking about a personal encounter where a Christian tried to force you to abide by the rules of their meme?
An encounter that is so personal and happened to you that you know Christians are trying to force you personally to abide by their meme?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I don't hate Christians but I fear Christian Laws being enacted or that my children will be taught genisis creation over evolution and real science. That's my fear.

What evidence do you have that your fear has any basis in reality?

Have any Christian groups succeeded in passing such a law?

Where have in the past 5 years or so have Christians succeeded in passing this sort of law?

Have Christians gained ground in the court for religious freedom, or lost ground? How about the teacher who lost her job for simply having a Bible on her desk, she never read to the kids from it or referred to it in class, she simply had it for personal reasons. Does that indicate that the sort of laws you fear will ever happen?

Where have the court decisions come down within the very recent years that have allowed Christian teaching of any kind in the US school system?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Do you know a Christian personally, one on one, who is trying to force you to abide by the "rules of their meme"?

I know several Christians personally who vote against marriage equality and abortion every chance they get, for religious reasons. They are trying (and succeeding) to legally force other people to behave with "Christian values". It doesn't force ME to abide by their meme (I'm not gay or of abortion age), but it most definitely affects friends and family.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas
a reply to: snowspirit

Well Im a christian and Im hated in my own country, but I'm a catholic, just put British hatred of catholics in a google search to get plenty of information

Isn't it sad.

I pointed out that the Democrats are influxing Hispanics to raise their voting base, not realizing the majority are very strong Christians.

One idiot said they weren't Christians, they were Catholics. That is how ignorant non-Christians are when it comes to religion.

Catholics are Christians every bit as much as a Southern Baptist or any other Protestant denomination.

And I do think that Democrats evidence a great deal of disdain for Christians in general with their actions and support of the mythical "freedom FROM religion" which does not exist in the constitution.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
One idiot said they weren't Christians, they were Catholics. That is how ignorant non-Christians are when it comes to religion.

Idiot? Ignorant? Do you hate non-Christians? Democrats, maybe?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Nope - don't hate Christians. I have family members and good friends who consider themselves Christians. If I make any negative comments about Christians, I am talking about the ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

When one says "Christians do this, or Christians do that" the implication is ALL Christians, unless you state otherwise, as people do with radical Islamists.

What Christian has personally used their religious affiliation to discriminate against you personally, one on one,
not on TV, not in the media, not someone you read about or "know of", but you personally?

What Christian has personally discriminated against you or tried to control your personal life, one on one?

Do you have a personal, it happened to you example?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

My mother almost ended her relationship with my grandmother over the fact that my grandmother kept harassing her to go to church and to have her kids (me and my brother) baptized. The only reason my grandmother stopped the constant harassment was the fear of never seeing her grandkids again, which is what my mother had to threaten. The fact is, it was none of my grandmother's business whether we went to church or not. She thought she knew better, and wanted to control my mother's personal life, after she was an adult with a family of her own.

I should note that my grandmother never tried to control my mother on anything other than the church thing - so I attribute this to her "Christianity" rather that just her overall personality.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: amazing

I don't hate Christians but I fear Christian Laws being enacted or that my children will be taught genisis creation over evolution and real science. That's my fear.

Good and valid point ...
That would be Indoctrination ... Indoctrination is practiced by non Christians also

What Christian has tried to indoctrinate you personally?

Has a Christian, one on one, tried to indoctrinate you personally?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Only the ones who think they are holier then Jesus.

Who in your personal life thinks they are holier than Jesus?

I'm not talking about someone on TV, or in the media, or that you read about, or that you heard of.
Is there someone in your personal circle of people you know very well that you think is like that, have you asked them about it to check and see if that is what they think?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I just hate it when they attempt to legislate there belief or morality. Be a believer all you want just don't try to force everyone else to conform.

Example please

of a passed legislation
within the past 5 years or so
that legislates "their" belief or morality?

What Christian do you know personally that has tried to force you to conform to "their" belief or morality?
I'm not talking about someone you saw in the media, or on TV, or read about or heard about.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm intolerant of some people.
I hate certain ideologies.
I am biased.
I am imperfect.
I am Christian.

I also recognize that people may hate me.
I recognize that others are just as imperfect. (Whether they think it or not)
That others are just as biased.
That others reject, hate, despise other beliefs.

I am humbled by others who are smarter, kinder, more respectful than me.

I don't know everything.
Not even getting close to knowing everything.

Maybe it's just me and everyone else knows everything and I'm one of the slow ones.

And interesting thread in that people had to post to justify their previous posts that they don't "hate" Christianity. . . . "but". . . .

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

I dont hate, but in a way I dislike both the way average Christians think, meaning the believe they are going to heaven, with all their sins, but non christians go to hell regardles of how little sin they do, and also non christians that place all Christians in the same box of judgemental and arrugant people.

Why do you care about how someone else thinks, if you think they are wrong?
How does that affect you personally, your life, if someone simply thinks differently than you, but does not harm you in any way or try to force you to believe as you do?

Why do you fear someone simply thinking differently than you?

What Christian has personally judged you?
Not someone on TV, or in the media, or that you read about or heard about.
What Christian in the circle of people you personally know come out and openly judged you?
If you think they have but haven't said it, have you asked them about it or checked to see if your thinking is really the same as theirs, that they are judging you?

What Christian has personally, one on one tried to force to you believe against your will?
I'm not talking about, just talking to you about Christianity, but actually tried to force you against your will to believe?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I'll just add my 2 cents. I don't hate Christians or Christianity. I simply don't share their beliefs.

I do hate how SOME people (regardless of religious affiliation) use political power to deny rights and control others.

Do you have an example you care to share
of Christians successfully using political power
to deny rights
or to control others
within the past 5 years or so?

Just curious.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join