It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: grandmakdw

No you called them liars, a christian would apologize.

But I see it as you slapped them in the face when they answered the OP and said "NO I don't hate you" but have turned the other cheek as they still have not said "I hate you"

You are using a very broad brushstroke on every person who has taken the time to respond this thread with a kind gesture and that is well, unfortunate.

Sorry I didn't make you happy.

There was only one kind gesture made, that was Kayluv, who 99.9% of the time butts head with me.

The rest were not very kind at all with the .... but... Christians do this bad thing and that bad thing...but I don't hate them. That's not my definition of kindness at all.

Anyway, got other things to do, don't feel puffed up or disappointed, it has nothing to do with debating you. Just have things to do.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: amazing
I don't hate Christians but I fear Christian Laws being enacted or that my children will be taught genisis creation over evolution and real science. That's my fear.

What evidence do you have that your fear has any basis in reality?

Have any Christian groups succeeded in passing such a law?

Where have in the past 5 years or so have Christians succeeded in passing this sort of law?

Have Christians gained ground in the court for religious freedom, or lost ground? How about the teacher who lost her job for simply having a Bible on her desk, she never read to the kids from it or referred to it in class, she simply had it for personal reasons. Does that indicate that the sort of laws you fear will ever happen?

Where have the court decisions come down within the very recent years that have allowed Christian teaching of any kind in the US school system?

Yes.. here's one.

ncse.com...

Then there is this one. If you remember it's a fight in SC about the state Fossil...which an 8 year old girl came up with. The law passed with a "Christian" Attachement stating that the Mammoth was created on the sixth day. So here we have a state law stating that an animal was created on the sixth day. But...I'm not a Christian so I have a big problem with it. I don't believe in Genesis.

whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...

Those Wacky Christians and their antiquated beliefs.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I am entirely indifferent to you, laugh (smugly admittedly) at your self described "RANTING" but I maintain you have offended people who have taken time out of their day to say "I don't hate you" nor do they hate those friends and family or strangers they listed for being Christians. Instead you repay them by calling them liars amongst other insults.

If you are now 7 pages all of a sudden too busy to address your behavior, I will say I am not surprised in the least given what I have seen from you, that you are now scurrying off instead of acknowledging those people who were kind enough to say they have no hatred for you or people of your faith, and after all your attacks, still don't say they hate you.

On a final note Gran.

I still DON'T Hate you.

Don't particularly respect your debate processes much after today, but I don't hate you for your faith, nor will I ever feel that way about anyone of any faith.

edit on 15-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So ... as has been stated the vast majority of people do not hate Christians ... I am with the majority also.

So who here hates Christians ...

Most people are intelligent enough to understand that Hatred of any different from them is born of ignorance and fear ...

Anyone can understand that not all people are the same ... No two Christians are the same nor Muslim or whatever
It is common sense that there is good and bad in all groups be it religion or anything else

I could tell stories from my own experience showing how wonderful some of my Christian friends are or alternatively my bad experiences with other Christians ... but refrain from doing so ... we all have similar experiences I am sure ...

At the end of day we are all Human Beings with our own beliefs ... to push one's beliefs on another is very wrong ... to tolerate differences and get along is very right.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Do you not realize that calling yourself a Christian puts you in agreement with, and makes you representative of the god you serve, and the bible? Which means you agree with everything god espouses. You are in effect "guilty by association" to turn a phrase.

And since that god has pronounced some very nasty and "ugly" judgements against those who are unbelievers. You as a Christian are in agreement with him, that we should all be eternally punished because we are not part of the clique.

You can call Christianity a religion of kindness and love all you want, but your bible says otherwise.

edit on 4/15/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

At the end of day we are all Human Beings with our own beliefs ... to push one's beliefs on another is very wrong ... to tolerate differences and get along is very right.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
When you said Christians think, you are referring to ALL Christians by default

And when you implied atheists were responsible for the mass murders of millions I can only presume you believe all atheists are hateful mass murderers (or people who support mass murder). You know, because since you didn't state otherwise, broad brushing is the default.

Of course I know, or at least hope, that's not what you believe.

And just to reiterate a point I made about atheism:

Atheism has no tenets or doctrines. In other words, atheism in of itself had no influence in the mass murders you cite. Atheism is nothing more or less than the lack of belief, or disbelief in God or gods. The claim that it is responsible for influencing madmen to murder is false.

edit on 4-15-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Do you not realize that calling yourself a Christian puts you in agreement with, and makes you representative of the god you serve, and the bible? Which means you agree with everything god espouses. You are in effect "guilty by association" to turn a phrase.

And since that god has pronounced some very nasty and "ugly" judgements against those who are unbelievers. You as a Christian are in agreement with him, that we should all be eternally punished because we are not part of the clique.

You can call Christianity a religion of kindness and love all you want, but your bible says otherwise.

hell is the grave. look it up. the contents of the grave are destroyed, not kept eternally. look it up. why does that happen? cause the people who decide they don't believe in eternity, make that decision. the decision is entirely yours. no one is forcing it on you and if they start forcing it on you, i'll be the first to complain on your behalf. you are, at this moment, an eternal being who has the choice of whether you want to be resurrected or not, when you die. it is really that simple. there's no pain at all. you are right. there's no afterlife, for you. cause you said so.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

it's psychology. any good counsellor will tell you that you can't maintain a good relationship by constantly criticizing your friend/spouse/child/neighbor. eventually, your friend/spouse/child/neighbor will reciprocate. so what you see here is a round robin of reciprocation. somebody has to call for a peace agreement. i don't think grandma is in any state of mind, currently, to do that. lol

edit on 15-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Most people are intelligent enough to understand that Hatred of any different from them is born of ignorance and fear ...

An additional reply to your post:

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
You missed the gist of my post, undo. The point is, believe in the biblical god, and his Christ, or suffer the consequences. The bible is quite clear about that. Also, I am quite familiar with "hell is the grave". Depending on the sect of Christianity, hell is either literal or figurative. I used "Eternal Punishment" to cover both. Either way, Christians agree with god by default, that unbelievers are the walking dead, and are eternally condemned by god. Therefore, Christianity condemns anyone who is not Christian. So Christianity has no room to talk about hatred. imho.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

APPLAUSE!

That is all.

Thanks.
edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: add enthusiastic exclamation point for emphasis.....

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

APPLAUSE!!!

Now we're getting somewhere.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Hate is very personal.

I don't hate many people. Less than five.

Aside from the fact that claiming that Christians are "hated" is an easily-recognized rhetorical device, I would say that there is a strain in Christianity from the start that belies a victim mentality ...

Luke 22: 17 "Everyone will hate you because of me." (Jesus)

Matthew 10: 22 "You will be hated by everyone because of me." (Jesus)

John 15:18 "If the world hates you keep in mind that it hated me first." (Jesus)

That's part of the fundamental schtick as it were.

Shortly after those words you quoted from the Gospels were uttered, the speaker was tortured and executed.

Not long after that, followers were tortured and executed as per government policy. This went on for nearly 400 years.

Christianity has had significant persecution for most of its history, in most countries of the world.

Today, groups like Boko Haram and ISIS execute Christians, specifically targeting their Christian countrymen and burning the homes and churches of suspects.

Here's a few links for you to educate yourself that there is a problem and that it is real and current:

US Department of State - International Religious Freedom

The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom

Project Gutenberg - Fox's Book of Martyrs (eBook)

Amnesty International

The Center for Religious Freedom

The Center for Victims of Torture

The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights

There may be a "victim mentality" amongst Christians, they are a very numerous group.

There also is an ignorant mentality, of those living in a protected little bubble and thinking their personal experience is a mirror of everyone elses experience.

Deny a little ignorance, OK!

edit on 15/4/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
You missed the gist of my post, undo. The point is, believe in the biblical god, and his Christ, or suffer the consequences. The bible is quite clear about that. Also, I am quite familiar with "hell is the grave". Depending on the sect of Christianity, hell is either literal or figurative. I used "Eternal Punishment" to cover both. Either way, Christians agree with god by default, that unbelievers are the walking dead, and are eternally condemned by god. Therefore, Christianity condemns anyone who is not Christian. So Christianity has no room to talk about hatred. imho.

well since you are a god, yes you are eternally wiped out of existence, by your own command. that "you are a god" part is what is hidden in the text of the bible, although jesus does mention it when he says "did i not say 'ye are gods'"? now why would he say that if it wasn't true. hehe.

whee. i must be butter cause i am on a roll.

"humor, a difficult concept, not logical." -Lieutenant Saavik.
but sometimes ya still gotta do it. - undo
edit on 15-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Not long after that, followers were tortured and executed as per government policy. This went on for nearly 400 years.

And then it went on at Gitmo and Abu Ghraib (sp?) -

Christianity has had significant persecution for most of its history, in most countries of the world.

So, that justifies modern 1st world Christians whining that they're being 'persecuted'?

Today, groups like Boko Haram and ISIS execute Christians, specifically targeting their Christian countrymen and burning the homes and churches of suspects.

Just kinda like the KKK did to blacks a century or so ago....right?

Yes, the problem is real, and current.

It is between Abrahamic factions, entirely!

Jews , Christians , and Muslims.

WHY????

Why can't they all just stop being intolerant, argumentative, judgmental, hateful, rabble-rousing war-mongers?

Really.

why?

edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Hate is very personal.

I don't hate many people. Less than five.

Aside from the fact that claiming that Christians are "hated" is an easily-recognized rhetorical device, I would say that there is a strain in Christianity from the start that belies a victim mentality ...

Luke 22: 17 "Everyone will hate you because of me." (Jesus)

Matthew 10: 22 "You will be hated by everyone because of me." (Jesus)

John 15:18 "If the world hates you keep in mind that it hated me first." (Jesus)

That's part of the fundamental schtick as it were.

Nailed it. Victim mentality at its worst.

Some religious folks see everything as persecution because they've been taught in church that the rest of the world is against them because people who question religion "hate god." They hear "Some people hate god because of xxxxxx and others hate him because of yyyyyyy."

It just encourages the congregation to never question what they're told because they don't want to be perceived as a god hater.

... and we can ignore the dead ones because, you know, they're dead.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

now now buzzy, you know if we started dragging out the crimes of people of any particular world view, we would have plenty of ammunition to condemn the whole planet. i think the real answer to all these problems is to understand that we are all the victims of mass manipulation, artificially generated bullsnip and variations on that theme. i don't hold anyone here responsible for the crap that happened in the past, cause 1) you weren't there, it's the past, and 2) mass manipulation and artificially generated bullsnip.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Hate may be a strong word, strongly dislike more appropriate.

I don't dislike all Christians. Being a Christian is only one aspect of their being. I'll take my feelings towards someone on a person by person basis. There are many things about some Christians I strongly dislike and disagree with. My animosity is focused more on religion itself. Christianity is what I know, so it's what I'm comfortable debating. While there are indeed positives, I believe they are heavily outweighed by the negative.
edit on 4-15-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: removed personal stories because meh

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I Love everyone. Organized religions are nothing but social constructs of control. Yahweh was a demented ultra or extra terrestrial who escaped the Milky Way Prison for the Criminally Insane.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join