It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953
a reply to: grandmakdw

I'm not going to comment on any one thing you have asserted over the span of 6 pages. I would simply like to point out that you are not helping your cause, or proving your point. You have just become one more Christian to have a negative opinion of... take that however you'd like, but in the end your tactics are not working. Your simply preaching to your respective choir while actively encouraging dissonance amongst your opponents. If you are actively trying to stir the pot and cause conflict for the sake of it, that doesn't make you a champion of your faith, it just makes you a troll. If you are legitimately and honestly trying to state your case and incite thoughtful debate and conversation you have failed miserably. Just some food for thought.

As far as 98% of the thread respondents are concerned, I'll never make my point.
No matter how hard I try to show them that bigotry and prejudice against Christians is wrong, they won't get it.

They are too invested in their own stand to even consider that the things they say are bigoted and prejudiced.

They will continue to think that it is perfectly fine to say the nastiest things possible about someone once they discover they are a Christian and think it is not mean spirited, or even socially unacceptable, or offensive - because after all Christians will take it and deserve it - that is the popular meme these days isn't it?

I don't expect you to buy it or most of the people here to buy it.

But maybe, just maybe
some will think twice
before saying bigoted
prejudiced things about
Christians simply because
of the faith - knowing
nothing of the person.
Just making an assumption
based on a person's religion.
Kind of like what is happening
to Muslims, wouldn't you say?

edit on 1Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:49:24 -0500pm41504pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No 98 % said they don't hate Christians, you have gone on to make some unreasonable rant for 6 pages on them. Next time I suggest everyone just says "yeah we hate christians" Maybe that will calm you down ?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

And you have aided me quite well in making my point about Christophobia.

When you said Christians think, you are referring to ALL Christians by default, and yes I take it quite personally.

I am simply defending my right not be be slandered because of my religion.
Not to have rampant bigotry and prejudice thrown at me because of my religion.

Why does the argument always devolve into idiotic semantics?

When I say "people think xxxx," it's implied that I don't mean EVERY person EVERY WHERE.

Why is it that SOME Christians feel the need to pounce on that part of a person's statement in an effort to discredit the argument instead of just admitting "you're right, some Christians do think that"? It makes you look like you can't counter the argument with a decent response so you resort to nitpicking the grammar.

These discussions always turn into "You said 'Christians think' instead of 'most Christians think' and that makes your statement wrong because I'm an exception to the rule durpadurp!"

It happens in every single thread that devolves into a religious debate (which, regrettably, seems to be most of them).
edit on 4/15/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

No 98 % said they don't hate Christians, you have gone on to make some unreasonable rant for 6 pages on them. Next time I suggest everyone just says "yeah we hate christians" Maybe that will calm you down ?

That at least would be honest. Many people said I don't hate Christians...but....then went on to say bigoted and prejudiced and ugly things about Christians.

My rant is my rant, because I am sick of having the ugliest things attributed to people for simply being a Christian.

It is socially unacceptable to do that to Muslims, but socially acceptable to do it to Christians.

And I for one refuse to be quiet about it one minute longer.
I will not be the mousy little Christian who cowers in the corner one minute longer.
I have as much a right to fight prejudice and bigotry as anyone else.

Six pages? That's All?

edit on 1Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:56:55 -0500pm41504pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

When you said Christians think, you are referring to ALL Christians by default, and yes I take it quite personally.

When I say "people think xxxx," it's implied that I don't mean EVERY person EVERY WHERE.

Why is it that SOME Christians feel the need to pounce on that part of a person's statement in an effort to discredit the argument instead of just admitting "you're right, some Christians do think that"? It makes you look like you can't counter the argument with a decent response so you resort to nitpicking the grammar.

These discussions always turn into "You said 'Christians think' instead of 'most Christians think' and that makes your statement wrong because I'm an exception to the rule durpadurp!"

It happens in every single thread that devolves into a religious debate (which, regrettably, seems to be most of them).

Ummmm, that was the entire point of the OP, a religious debate.

If you regret getting into it, that's your own fault if you read the OP.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Wow.. you should lay off the Fox News. You're addicted, and it's unhealthy.

Funny, since I don't watch it.

Ahhhh, you don't watch FOX news.

You read it.

link   

I will not be the mousy little Christian who cowers in the corner one minute longer.

So,

do you think we should bomb Iran?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Ummmm, that was the entire point of the OP, a religious debate.

If you regret getting into it, that's your own fault if you read the OP.

The last line was in reference to all the other threads that are turned into religious debates.

There you go again nitpicking to detract from the point of a statement.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So,

do you think we should bomb Iran?

Thread drift, won't answer

link   

originally posted by: Annee

You read it.

thread drift, sorry, won't reply

edit on 1Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:58:52 -0500pm41504pmk153 by grandmakdw because: format

link   

Okay, fair enough.
You're right. Thread drift. Just trying to pick your brain.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So you are saying that all these people have lied?
How very Christian-like of you. I'm sure they look on you with even more admiration that you have called them Liars as a result of hysteria instead of reasonable thought processes.
To swallow their pride and simply say "NO I don't hate you"...it was very Christian act by them....

I don't care about your rant, it's just that. Offensive to some, but still just a rant and they usually come from people who don't like to listen, just be heard.
So good for you, and god bless you in your fervor to defend your fellow Christians you feel were offended by being told "NO i don't hate you"

Keep screaming...Everyone here still won't say "I hate you" no matter how hard you are trying to provoke them. They are displaying very Christianlike behavior imo.

edit on 15-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Thread drift, won't answer

all your answers are right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

So you are saying that all these people have lied?
How very Christians of you. I'm sure they look on your with even more admiration that you have called them Liars as a result of hysteria instead of reasonable thought processes.
To swallow their pride and simply say "NO I don't hate you"...was very Christian of them....

I don't care about your rant, it's just that. Offensive to some, but still just a rant and they usually come form people who don't like to listen, just be heard.
So good for you, and god bless you in your fervor to defend your fellow Christians you feel were offended by being told "NO i don't hate you"

Keep screaming...Everyone here still won't say "I hate you" no matter how hard you are trying to provoke them. They are displaying very Christianlike behavior imo.

Nope they didn't lie from their own perspective.

They just don't see that they say in one breath I don't hate
and then go on to all the ways they do hate Christians
and the reasons why

They are simply not able to see the cognitive dissonance
in their words
and in their minds as expressed in their words.

Not like to listen? I have listened to years as people on ATS attributed the most awful thoughts to Christians, simply for being Christian.

It is just time to stop being a wimp and taking it.
Like historically another religion did that became a national whipping boy and eventually....well you know the story.

People on ATS aren't used to a Christian standing up for themselves, too bad. Get used to it from Grandma now, cause this woman ain't gonna take it anymore.

edit on 2Wed, 15 Apr 2015 14:05:15 -0500pm41504pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You read it.

thread drift, sorry, won't reply

made my day

link   

Thanks. You seem unaware that you have just confirmed my accusation. The situations are not comparable.

Look: I live in a country where Christians are occasionally persecuted for their faith -- by militant Buddhists. This despite the fact that my country's constitution guarantees freedom of religion. Now that's the real thing -- and believe me, it's very different from what prevails in your country. Christians there are on top of the heap. Your reality needs checking.

link   

originally posted by: mahatche

I don't see Christians I know in my circle of friends, (I attend a mega church)
who are trying to control anyones personal lives,
other than the lives of their underage, at home children,
which all parents have a right to do, regardless of their religion or political bent.

There's the problem for everyone in this discussion. You are basing your views on the nice Christians you know. We are basing our views on the not so nice one's we've come across. I know it's probably the same for militant atheists as well. I know I speak crudely when it comes to religion, but I'm no militant atheist. I actually encourage people to investigate spirituality.

To suggest there is a shortage of Christians actively working to make political change against me, is being willfully blind. From your post history, I know you see the angry oppressed people, and wonder why they hate Christians. I don't mean that as an insult, but you seem defensive about it. I love sharing my ideas, I assume anyone on a forum feels the same need. I'll call you wrong, immoral, and doubt your god if you let me, but I won't see you as an enemy, the same can't be said about the Christians that I speak of. They are scary people.

There are bad apples in every bunch.

Do you judge all gays based on the people who hunted and searched until they finally found a business they could attempt to close? You know they went from business to business searching and egging owners on until they found the hapless Pizza owners, who had to this point had not denied any homosexuals anything. It was posed as a hypothetical and answered as a hypothetical. Then they got so many death threats they had to close.

Do you judge all Global Warming people based on the leaders who have publicly called for the jailing and killing of people who don't believe in Global Warming?

Do you judge all Black people on the rantings of the Black Panthers who advocate killing all white people and all white babies?

Do you judge all Muslims based on the works of ISIS Daesh?

I could go on and on. If you say of course not to all of the above -
then why is it ok to generalize and judge all Christians based on
their bad apples?

That is my point.

I could sum this up very quickly by reminding you that I don't judge all Christians the same. Many people have told you the same thing and you reject it.

Your defensiveness makes you lump yourself in with the wrong groups. When I say "the people making laws against me are wrong" and you aren't one of those people, you could just agree with me.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Doesn't it bother you that millions have been killed in the name of atheistic communism?

It bothers me that people were killed. They were not killed in the name of "atheistic communism". Atheism has no tenets or doctrines. In other words, atheism in of itself had no influence in the mass murders you cite. Atheism is nothing more or less than the lack of, or disbelief of God or gods. The claim that it is responsible for influencing madmen to murder is false.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No you called them liars, a christian would apologize.

But I see it as you slapped them in the face when they answered the OP and said "NO I don't hate you" but have turned the other cheek as they still have not said "I hate you"

You are using a very broad brushstroke on every person who has taken the time to respond this thread with a kind gesture and that is well, unfortunate.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yet you are exemplifying the very behaviors that have led to the bigoted and prejudiced opinions of Christians in the first place. I have in issue with religion in general, not any one religion, and certainly not any one person who belongs to a particular faith. Like many, I take that on an individual basis.

Yes, some very nasty things have been said on both sides of the argument. Being that I stated my opinion, responded to your original questions of me, and up until now haven't said anything... to a certain extent I am an outsider in this conversation and from the outside it seems that most participants are reacting to your behavior not spontaneously flinging insults. In fact, this thread would have probably died off and would have been forgotten already without the rabble rousing you have provided. Instead of fizzling out, the thread has become a compositional arms race. If it were myself, this is not something I would be proud of....

Oh well, cheers one and all. Have fun with your "debate," this is the end of my participation.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join