It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: grandmakdw

They were done to make people think about personal encounters
with Christians rather than mean spirited characterizations
that do not represent the majority of Christian people.

Kinda very much like what you just posted about Liberals/Democrats?

Ironic.

Good point.

But I don't see people calling to not allow liberals/democrats to vote, as
the liberal blogger did in my early link posting.

I don't see people saying the entire world would be better off without liberals/democrats,
I don't agree with them
and I think they support
suppression of speech and suppression of thought
but I don't think the world would be better of without them,
as some have suggested here about Christianity.

Christophobia is rampant in this thread, and is
as bad as racism and sexism.

Christophobia - an extreme, irrational fear of all Christians.

Disagreeing with politics is
way different than
thinking an entire religion
is evil and people should do
all they can to do away with it.

I get frustrated when Republicans are called wicked things too,
but Meh
that's the way politics operates
especially in the US
mudslinging is an integral part
of the political process in
the US
and has been since before
Abe Lincoln.

edit on 1Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:13:18 -0500pm41504pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition, yes I made up the perfect word to describe much of what is posted here

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Wow.. you should lay off the Fox News. You're addicted, and it's unhealthy.

Funny, since I don't watch it.

Are you addicted to NBC or MSNBC, the networks of proven lairs?

Is that the best you can do to refute my logic,
name calling?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

name calling?

Proven by who?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

name calling?

What? No, I don't watch either of them......

I didn't call you a name. If you're not a Fox News viewer, then I apologize. You'd probably like it, though....based on your views....but, I don't recommend it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I haven't seen any of that.

Perhaps it's your interpretation that is amiss.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
UGH Christians...

Torn between the right to believe what you want and stupidity. Utter stupidity. When those christians shows come on in the morning, Click...Jesus this, Jesus that, Jesus in my life, Jesus Jesus Jesus. Make me want to smash my head into the wall. Why? Why does it bug me so much? It has no barring on my life, no effect, no consequences what-so-ever. Yet, I'm disgusted. Annoyed. Frustrated. Why? No idea. It just makes me cringe and I clench my teeth as soon as I hear JESUS. Drives me nuts.

It's like... hmm how can I articulate it. It's like someone who's got their head up their ass telling me what color the sky is. Wooooo god ehem, JESUS some dude who got himself into a whole lot of trouble back in the day and then the whole world went upside down with feverish cult like mentality. That goes for the Muslims too. The whole lot of ya.

But I'll be honest about something. I prayed the other day. I prayed that I don't get myself into # regarding a job
I did for a customer. But I didn't pray to rock'n roll Jesus. I just prayed to the universe or in general. No specific deity. And guess what? I didn't get in #.

So here's the crux of my rant. Believe in whatever you want, no problem to me. Believe in a higher power, or a some sort of ultimate cosmos consciousness. There may be something to prayer or collective thoughts, we don't know. But to say it's JESUS doing anything makes me want to pull out my hair , gouge out my eyes and curse you to hell. Except there is no hell. I just curse you. Stupid stupid Christians. Stupid stupid Muslims and Catholics. There is no "YOUR" god. IF there is a god, it's not some mortal human being who got himself in a whole heap of # with the Romans.

Pttu, I spit on organized religion.

If the homosexualists were the target of this rant, the moderators would swoop down in a skinny minute.

This is directed towards Christians.....

NO PROBLEM!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

name calling?

Proven by who?

Brian Williams
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Tom Brokow
exposing-the-man.blogspot.com...

MSNBC, We reserve the right to lie to you.
www.powerlineblog.com...
scottystarnes.wordpress.com...
www.youtube.com...

You asked, I answered, and once again, I don't watch Fox news, I get all my news the old fashioned way, I read it.

Just because I am a Christian
I must be addicted to Fox
What a silly bigoted prejudiced joke!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Please go back and read my post in this thread listing all of my interpretations of
Christophobia
and bigtory
and prejudice
aimed at Christians.

If you can't see it, well then
you must be someone who believes
it is ok to talk about Christians
in ways that you would find offensive if said about
other groups in the US.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

other groups in the US.

Like - the way you talk about Liberals/Democrats/Progressives?

Hatred from your "faction" is posted here every damn day. EVERY DAY.

edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: FlySolo
UGH Christians...

Torn between the right to believe what you want and stupidity. Utter stupidity. When those christians shows come on in the morning, Click...Jesus this, Jesus that, Jesus in my life, Jesus Jesus Jesus. Make me want to smash my head into the wall. Why? Why does it bug me so much? It has no barring on my life, no effect, no consequences what-so-ever. Yet, I'm disgusted. Annoyed. Frustrated. Why? No idea. It just makes me cringe and I clench my teeth as soon as I hear JESUS. Drives me nuts.

It's like... hmm how can I articulate it. It's like someone who's got their head up their ass telling me what color the sky is. Wooooo god ehem, JESUS some dude who got himself into a whole lot of trouble back in the day and then the whole world went upside down with feverish cult like mentality. That goes for the Muslims too. The whole lot of ya.

But I'll be honest about something. I prayed the other day. I prayed that I don't get myself into # regarding a job
I did for a customer. But I didn't pray to rock'n roll Jesus. I just prayed to the universe or in general. No specific deity. And guess what? I didn't get in #.

So here's the crux of my rant. Believe in whatever you want, no problem to me. Believe in a higher power, or a some sort of ultimate cosmos consciousness. There may be something to prayer or collective thoughts, we don't know. But to say it's JESUS doing anything makes me want to pull out my hair , gouge out my eyes and curse you to hell. Except there is no hell. I just curse you. Stupid stupid Christians. Stupid stupid Muslims and Catholics. There is no "YOUR" god. IF there is a god, it's not some mortal human being who got himself in a whole heap of # with the Romans.

Pttu, I spit on organized religion.

If the homosexualists were the target of this rant, the moderators would swoop down in a skinny minute.

NO PROBLEM!

How about if we took the entire thread and deleted the word "Christian"

and either

1. substituted the word Black people

or

2. substituted the word Muslim

You bet the thread would be trashed by the mods immediately and the OP censured roundly!

But say ugly bigoted and prejudiced things about all Christians, that is perfectly fine.

Well, not anymore as far as I am concerned.

I won't go silent into the night, while people are slinging bigoted and prejudiced words at me.
No more!

edit on 1Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:28:28 -0500pm41504pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

other groups in the US.

Like - Liberals/Democrats/Progressives?

Hatred from your "faction" It is posted here every damn day. EVERY DAY.

Political mudslinging

is quite a different category

and is the national sport of the US

it has been for over 100 years.

Is bashing religion now an accepted sport in the US?
I guess so with your comparison.

Know what happened last time bashing a particular religion became a national sport?
Think history.
Think of a metaphorical krystalnacht.

I won't sit quietly by and let that happen.

It is a very different thing from
political mudslinging
and political wrangling
that is a cherished and
accepted institution in the US,
which is necessary so that
neither side takes the country
off the deep end,
either conservative
or liberal.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I won't sit quietly by and let that happen.

Okay, cool.

And I won't sit quietly and allow Fundamentalist Evangelical New Apostolic Reformationist Seven Mountain Dominionists to usurp this country.
(like Ted Cruz).

No way.
edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I never said because someone else does something bad that it justifies Christians or anyone else doing something bad.

Yet you keep making the comparisons.

I never called anyone a heathen, that is your bigoted projection of my thinking, quite a lot of prejudice you sent my way on that one.

I didn't say you did.

I never said anything about anyone "cast into the lake of fire", again your bigotry and prejudice at work, projecting ugly things on me simply because I am a Christian.

Again. I didn't say you did. There were no "quotes" around it. I'm not projecting anything "ugly" on you. I took it straight from your own bible. Surely you are in agreement with God and Jesus on what needs to be done with those who are unbelievers.

You prove my point quite well about the prejudice and bigotry that is rampant on ATS against Christians.
Thank you for making my point so very well.

No maam. Thank you. I think you made it all by yourself in this thread. You needed no help from me.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas
a reply to: snowspirit

Well Im a christian and Im hated in my own country, but I'm a catholic, just put British hatred of catholics in a google search to get plenty of information

as a protestant i can tell you, i don't dislike you in any way. i just think the papacy is corrupt and manipulative to the nth degree. this is how they managed to get all those people to go along with torturing and murder of their own families, friends and others. i think they are polytheists who just outlawed polytheism for everyone else, because it doesn't work with totalitarianism. mystery school guys, keeping real knowledge from the profane

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

But say ugly bigoted and prejudiced things about all Christians, that is perfectly fine.

I wouldn't fret over it too much...

Blessed are you, when men revile you, and persecute you, and speak all manner of evil against you falsely, because of me. Be glad and light-hearted, for a rich reward awaits you in heaven; so it was they persecuted the prophets who went before you. You are the salt of the earth; if salt loses its taste, what is there left to give taste to it? There is no more to be done with it, but throw it out of doors for men to tread it under foot.

Where's that moderator who was spouting off about "Hate Speech?"

Where are you?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

yeah talk about making a thread that actually had the ability to start a dialogue of I don't agree with you but I like you and certainly don't hate you to becoming some hysterical crapsling fest. Shame.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm not going to comment on any one thing you have asserted over the span of 6 pages. I would simply like to point out that you are not helping your cause, or proving your point. You have just become one more Christian to have a negative opinion of... take that however you'd like, but in the end your tactics are not working. Your simply preaching to your respective choir while actively encouraging dissonance amongst your opponents. If you are actively trying to stir the pot and cause conflict for the sake of it, that doesn't make you a champion of your faith, it just makes you a troll. If you are legitimately and honestly trying to state your case and incite thoughtful debate and conversation you have failed miserably. Just some food for thought.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I never said because someone else does something bad that it justifies Christians or anyone else doing something bad.

Yet you keep making the comparisons.

I never called anyone a heathen, that is your bigoted projection of my thinking, quite a lot of prejudice you sent my way on that one.

I didn't say you did.

I never said anything about anyone "cast into the lake of fire", again your bigotry and prejudice at work, projecting ugly things on me simply because I am a Christian.

Again. I didn't say you did. There were no "quotes" around it. I'm not projecting anything "ugly" on you. I took it straight from your own bible. Surely you are in agreement with God and Jesus on what needs to be done with those who are unbelievers.

You prove my point quite well about the prejudice and bigotry that is rampant on ATS against Christians.
Thank you for making my point so very well.

No maam. Thank you. I think you made it all by yourself in this thread. You needed no help from me.

And you have aided me quite well in making my point about Christophobia.

When you said Christians think, you are referring to ALL Christians by default, and yes I take it quite personally.

I am simply defending my right not be be slandered because of my religion.
Not to have rampant bigotry and prejudice thrown at me because of my religion.

If you think it is ok to be a anti-Christian bigot
and say bigoted and prejudiced things toward
me and other Christians, without knowing
anything about them other than your religion.
Guess you have as much a right to be a bigot as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

NO PROBLEM!

Statements like that are exactly why some Christians are getting "picked on."

I don't care what religion or non-religion you belong to, when you have decided to disown and condemn a large group of human beings simply because you disagree with how they live their lives, you're an asshole. People who spout their hatred while disguising it as a "religious belief" are even bigger assholes.

I have no problem with Christians but I have a serious problem with assholes.

To clarify, I'm not accusing you of the above behavior or calling you an asshole. I'm pointing out that Christians who use their religion as a facade for bigotry and intolerance are assholes.
edit on 4/15/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

LOL!! Apparently you are not acquainted with Klassified's background.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join