It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Um, because Christians have done and continue to do some pretty ugly, horrid, outlandish things?

Again, the correlation may be shocking, but it's shocking for the wrong reasons.
edit on 15-4-2015 by gottaknow because: added "and continue to do"

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Too bad you don't seem to agree that there are some awful people out there who claim Christianity as their defense for discriminating or trying to control other people's personal lives. You seem to think all Christians are saints and all liberals/progressives/democrats are evil. I certainly don't think that all Christians are evil, and I have said so, many times. Are you willing to speak in favor of any liberals/progressives/democrats?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Look how fast it can happen,

Did anyone twenty years ago think Christians would be being wiped out in the Middle East,

Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union

Anti-religious campaign 1917–1921

Anti-religious campaign 1917–1921 Main article: USSR anti-religious campaign (1917–1921) and 1922 confiscation of Russian Orthodox Church property In August 1917, following the collapse of the tsarist government, a council of the Russian Orthodox Church reestablished the patriarchate and elected the metropolitan Tikhon as patriarch.[30] In November 1917, within weeks of the revolution, the People's Commissariat for Enlightenment was established, which a month later created the All-Russian Union of Teachers-Internationalists for the purpose of removing religious instruction from school curricula. In order to intensify the anti-religious propaganda in the school system, the Chief Administration for Political Enlightenment (Glavpolitprosvet) was established in November 1920.[31] Lenin's decree on the separation of church and state in early 1918 deprived the formerly official church of its status of legal person, the right to own property, or to teach religion in both state and private schools or to any group of minors.[32] The decree abolished the privileges of the church and thus ended the alliance between church and state. The clergy openly attacked the decree. The leadership of the Church issued a special appeal to believers to obstruct the enforcement of the decree.[33] In addition, the Decree “On the Separation of the Church from the State and the School from the Church" also determined the relationship between school and church. “School shall be separated from church,” the Decree said. “The teaching of religious doctrines in all the state and public, as well as private educational institutions where general subjects are taught shall not be permitted. Citizens may teach and be taught religion in private.” [33]

USSR anti-religious campaign (1921–1928)
USSR anti-religious campaign (1928–1941)

Throughout the history of the Soviet Union (1922-1991), Soviet authorities suppressed and persecuted various forms of Christianity to different extents depending on the particular era. Soviet policy, based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism, made atheism the official doctrine of the Soviet Union. Marxism-Leninism has consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religious beliefs.[1] The state was committed to the destruction of religion,[2][3] and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic teachings, and generally promoted atheism as the truth that society should accept.[4][5] The total number of Christian victims of Soviet state atheist policies, has been estimated to range between 12-20 million.

This was accomplished in a country that only a few decades earlier had had a deeply Christian public life and culture that had developed for almost a thousand years

During the purges of 1937 and 1938, church documents record that 168,300 Russian Orthodox clergy were arrested. Of these, over 100,000 were shot.[71] Many thousands of victims of persecution became recognized in a special canon of saints known as the "new martyrs and confessors of Russia". A decline in enthusiasm in the campaign occurred in the late 1930s.[72] The tone of the anti-religious campaign changed and became more moderate .[66] It ended at the outbreak of World War II. Official Soviet figures reported that up to one third of urban and two thirds of rural population still held religious beliefs by 1937. However, the anti-religious campaign of the past decade and the terror tactics of the militantly atheist regime, had effectively eliminated all public expressions of religion and communal gatherings of believers outside of the walls of the few churches that still held services.[73] This was accomplished in a country that only a few decades earlier had had a deeply Christian public life and culture that had developed for almost a thousand years.

League of Militant Atheists

en.wikipedia.org...

bornatheist.com...

yes atheist proselytize

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
But...all Christians ARE saints.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

Um, because Christians have done and continue to do some pretty ugly, horrid, outlandish things?

Again, the correlation may be shocking, but it's shocking for the wrong reasons.

Haven't Muslims done some pretty ugly, horrid and outlandish things?
No need to go into details here.

Haven't black mobs gone hunting for white people to beat up? (ugly, horrid)
www.nydailynews.com...
www.judicialwatch.org...
(I could go on and on with links here)

Haven't the Black Panthers called for killing white people and white babies? (outlandish)
www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Historically and even currently today, weren't and aren't blacks involved in the slave trade?
en.wikipedia.org...
historynewsnetwork.org...

The correlation is accurate.
All groups have fringe elements
who successfully recruit others,
even Christians
who do ugly, horrid, outlandish things.

That doesn't make it ok
but it also is not an unfair
correlation I made
regarding the rhetoric
about Christians that is considered acceptable
as compared to the same rhetoric being not acceptable when used for anyone else.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Yet it doesn't bother you that god has murdered millions in the past, and promises to murder billions in the "end times", simply because those people were/are anything other than Christian?

And if you are a Christian. You agree with God and Jesus, that cleansing the earth of those people is a good thing.

edit on 4/15/2015 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 4/15/2015 by Klassified because: eta2

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The Christian Church maintained a serious power level at that time and that conflicted with Soviet government. From a government's standpoint, they observed the church's power as the subversive and manipulative sector it was.
I'm not justifying the persecution of people, I'm just stating that there's more to the story than just the persecution.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Too bad you don't seem to agree that there are some awful people out there who claim Christianity as their defense for discriminating or trying to control other people's personal lives. You seem to think all Christians are saints and all liberals/progressives/democrats are evil. I certainly don't think that all Christians are evil, and I have said so, many times. Are you willing to speak in favor of any liberals/progressives/democrats?

I never said all Christians are saints

I have spoken openly on ATS about how awful the Westboro Baptist Church people are
and have spoken openly about my contempt for abortion clinic bombers.

I don't see Christians I know in my circle of friends, (I attend a mega church)
who are trying to control anyones personal lives,
other than the lives of their underage, at home children,
which all parents have a right to do, regardless of their religion or political bent.

I think John Kennedy did a good job as President and I was deeply saddened when he died.

I think cleaning up the environment is a good thing, a very good thing (although I think Global warming is not man made, but rather a part of the life cycle of the earth in general, due to the evidence in ice core and geological samples).

Decriminalizing marijuana was a good thing. I'd just like to see ALL drugs decriminalized, as in over the counter, with no prescription needed.

My sister is a liberal and I love her, she really really wanted Obamacare and was so happy when it passed. To bad it hurt her husbands business so badly he had to get rid of all but 2 full time employees, and make the rest of the employees part time. (he owns his own business), and too bad their premiums went through the roof. But she was happy when it passed, and I love her, even if I disagree with her ideas.

There, does that make you happy?

edit on 10Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:36:18 -0500am41504amk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Not really, but I'll take what little I can get.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

We all agree that humans in general can be pretty awful at times.
In fact, one could observe our species and state the same question.

If an alien species proposed the question:
"Does Anyone Actually hate Humans?", they'd have a great deal of reasonable basis to ask that question. There would also be a considerable amount of support for the negativity that followed as well. Probably enough to validate our destruction even though there might be many responses stating
"We're not all bad."
edit on 15-4-2015 by gottaknow because: Bolded for formatting

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

What makes it ok to say ugly, horrid, cartoonish, outlandish generalizations of all Christians,
that makes it not ok to say about other groups?

I'm late to this discussion, and haven't read every post, but what do you consider an outlandish generalization?

If you've already laid it out, just direct me to the post.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Yet it doesn't bother you that god has murdered millions in the past, and promises to murder billions in the "end times", simply because those people were/are anything other than Christian?

And if you are a Christian. You agree with God and Jesus, that cleansing the earth of those people is a good thing.

Doesn't it bother you that millions have been killed in the name of atheistic communism?

Attempts to get rid of people who simply thought differently than the group in power?
(does this sound eerily familiar today, trying to destroy those who think or believe differently than you)

Here are regimes who tried to cleanse their corner of the earth (not religious people, completely non-religious regimes)
of people who think differently than they do?

Mass killings occurred under some Communist regimes during the twentieth century with an estimated death toll numbering between 85 and 100 million.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.hawaii.edu...

Stalin himself is responsible for almost 43,000,000 of these. Most of the deaths, perhaps around 39,000,000 are due to lethal forced labor in gulag and transit thereto. Communist China up to 1987, but mainly from 1949 through the cultural revolution, which alone may have seen over 1,000,000 murdered, is the second worst megamurderer. Then there are the lesser megamurderers, such as North Korea and Tito's Yugoslavia.
...Pol Pot and his crew likely killed some 2,000,000 Cambodians from April 1975 through December 1978 out of a population of around 7,000,000. This is an annual rate of over 8 percent of the population murdered, or odds of an average Cambodian surviving Pol Pot's rule of slightly over just over 2 to 1.
...Constructing this utopia was seen as though a war on poverty, exploitation, imperialism, and inequality. And for the greater good, as in a real war, people are killed. And thus this war for the communist utopia had its necessary enemy casualties, the clergy,

Doesn't it bother you when people on ATS say that the world would be better off without Christians entirely?
What does that really mean, behind the facade of "well I don't really mean kill them, just get rid of them, no no, I mean get rid of the religion, not them , uh, you know".

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Radio commentator Paul Harvey's prophetic warning to America from 1965...
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

I don't hate Christians, I hate the hypocrisy and the ignorance so many of the loudest ones preach.

I have always been intolerant of hypocrisy, and the loudmouth Christians are the most hypocritical of all. They rant about their own freedom to abuse and discriminate, while then complaining when people express an opposing view, calling that "intolerance" of their intolerance.

It should be noted that while I don't hate Christians, I will certainly choose to avoid them in my social circle. They would undoubtedly call this unfair, but I would choose not to hang out with a racist too, or a nationalist, or a "patriot", or a football hooligan, or any one of a number of other people who make me incredibly uncomfortable because of their actions and views.

As long as people treat me with respect and don't try to make me a slave for their religious dominance, I have no problem. It's the ones who want to abuse people, subjugate people, attack others and make themselves feel superior that I really cannot stand and will argue against until they either shut up or f-off.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Standard fear rhetoric pushed by Christians when people leave the flock. "Oh no! people aren't being christians and doing unchristian things! End times are here!"

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

What makes it ok to say ugly, horrid, cartoonish, outlandish generalizations of all Christians,
that makes it not ok to say about other groups?

I'm late to this discussion, and haven't read every post, but what do you consider an outlandish generalization?

If you've already laid it out, just direct me to the post.

They abound:

all Christians are judgmental
all Christians hate gays
all Christians try to force others to believe as they do
all Christians are trying to jam (whatever) down everyone's throats
all Christians .... you get the picture

From this thread alone:

From my pov, I just think Christians have been brainwashed and lied to

they look down on others that are not "Christian enough"

ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

ones who think they are holier then Jesus

they attempt to legislate there belief or morality

I think they are dangerous, they have always been dangerous.

Intolerant assholism is intolerant assholism

I hate what religion has done to our societies over the years and continues to do so.

Get thoroughly annoyed with the hypocrisy .. intolerance ... and trying to convert everyone to believe their book of fairytales - yes

Get fed up with them always wanting to end the world - yes

the sanctimonious, holier-than-thou variety who is constantly trying to spread his 'gospel' and forever making moral judgements about other people's lives.

their members purposefully ignore any evidence that does not fit their agenda

I despise the Christian religion. I think it is one of the most awful institutions to ever grace humanity.

I remain a little terrified of the entire communities steeped in the cult

How else can we educate people to stop being so stupidly fundamental

Christianity is all about denying people their rights and freedoms. Christianity is all about condemning others to eternal damnation because they don't agree with you.
(but what about Global Warming leaders who want to jail and kill people for not believing)

Yah, they didn't burn heretics at the stake, go on watch hunts, fight the Crusades
(things done hundreds or more years ago that Christians now abhor, but are treated as if they still do them)

The hypocrisy in the church is neck deep.
(but not the hypocrisy of the leaders of the Global Warming set, who run around in private jets, with lots of cars, and lots of homes that use lots of electricity and water)

Dear grandma has obviously forgotten the noxious effects of Christian coercion on the young.

the attitude fostered toward anyone outside the "church". Nevertheless, some are much nastier about it than others

most of the Christians I know, are some of the meanest, most combative, and most violent people that I know

Christians have done and continue to do some pretty ugly, horrid, outlandish things

ones who want to abuse people, subjugate people, attack others and make themselves feel superior that I really cannot stand and will argue against

These are the statements I consider ugly, horrid, cartonish and outlandish generalizations. You may not recognize them because all these things are deemed ok by most on this thread to generalize about all Christians or "most" Christians.

The people who say these things think it is ok and good to say them about Christians.

When I inserted the words "black, African American, Muslim"
into their statements verbatum,
without changing anything else,
they went totally ballistic saying that it was ugly, horrid and awful

for me to out and out imply that it was wrong and mean-spirited
to say these things about other groups (blacks, African Americans, Muslims),

because it is perfectly fine to say these same things about Christians, and
they see no problem with saying them about Christians,
but it is awful to say the same thing about other groups.

To give you an example from a direct quote from this thread above:

The quote: most of the Christians I know, are some of the meanest, most combative, and most violent people that I know

The revision: most of the Black people I know, are some of the meanest, most combative, and most violent people that I know
That is a really horrid, ugly, evil thing to say isn't it?
So what makes it ok to say about Christians?

If this collection of statement isn't proof that people right here on ATS actually hate Christians, just for being Christians, then I can say no more. They deny the hate and then spout quite hateful statements and generalizations.

edit on 11Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:33:21 -0500am41504amk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

From this thread alone

I would say 98% of people in this thread have been quite supportive of Christians and have answered their first post reply with NO they don't hate Christians.

If people choose to take others bothering to answer with "NO I don't hate christians" as actually hating Christians, then what can I say....that is the individuals responsibility to address personally why they would feel victimized when they were plainly told "no i don't hate christians"

Disagreeing on your religion, doesn't mean you are hated.

Heck if I felt hated every time someone had a different opinion on something to me I'd be in a straight jacket by now.

edit on 15-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

From this thread alone:

Fail

From my pov, I just think Christians have been brainwashed and lied to

That isn't on the christian being lied to. Post goes on to say "but would never hate some one who hasn't ever wronged me."

they look down on others that are not "Christian enough"

Full quote:

I don't particularly like it though, when they look down on others that are not "Christian enough".

Saying that the poster hates the action and has no problem with those that don't do this.

ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

again the full quote:

If I make any negative comments about Christians, I am talking about the ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

Again, just certain christians who are acting a certain way. Seems pretty normal to me.

Won't bother with the rest because they are probably pretty much the same. Sad that you have to quote out of context to try and twist peoples words.
edit on 15-4-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: amazing

I don't hate Christians but I fear Christian Laws being enacted or that my children will be taught genisis creation over evolution and real science. That's my fear.

Good and valid point ...
That would be Indoctrination ... Indoctrination is practiced by non Christians also

one thing devout Christians WILL NOT teach...critical-thinking, and reasoning skills.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

From this thread alone

I would say 98% of people in this thread have been quite supportive of Christians and have answered their first post reply with NO they don't hate Christians.

If people choose to take others bothering to answer with NO iodinate hate christians as actually hating Christians, then what can I say....that is the individuals responsibility to address personally why they would feel victimized when they were plainly told "no i don't hate christians"

Disagreeing on your religion, doesn't mean you are hated.

Heck if I felt hated every time someone had a different opinion on something to me I'd be in a straight jacket by now.

Most answered, no......but

They aren't just disagreeing, did you read those statements?

I don't care if someone has a different opinion than I do.

I do care when ugly bigoted prejudiced statements are made,
just like very other group who refuses to let others generalize
ugly horrid awful things about them.

I feel Christians have been expected to be passive and take it when insulted,
well no longer. I will speak up,
I won't go quietly and hope the prejudice and bigotry go away,
because it won't, the Christophobic rhetoric has ratched up in recent years.

Sorry, I'll defend all the truly lovely and loving Christians I know and defend their right to believe as they wish, and defend their right not to be slandered because of the actions of a few fanatics
(fanatics that by the way all groups have that embarrass them and don't represent them)

Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean I have to
ignore prejudice and bigotry directed toward me.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join