It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Oh one more thing, you don't make the snarky comments aimed at Christianity on this forum without some degree of hatred and contempt for Christians, you know who you are.

Maybe everyone should spend a little more time examining their own soul and the state of their heart and thoughts.

Storm, do you think I, and other ex-Christians have forgotten the snarky and nasty comments made by our fellow Christians about unbelievers when there were no heathens around to hear them? Or how excited the congregation gets when the pastor preaches about god pouring out his wrath, and raining death and destruction on the secular world in the end times? Yet Christians can't be hypocrites?

I'm sure you are not one of those Christians, and never have been, but many of your brothers and sisters are. The hypocrisy in the church is neck deep. I was a witness to it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
Then it sounds as though, Christianity and liberalism should get along well. Though sometimes birds of a feather don't always flock together, eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

"I don't HATE gay people, I just don't think they should be allowed to be gay."

"I don't HATE black people, I just think they shouldn't be allowed to vote."

Has anyone on this thread suggested that Christians shouldn't be allowed to be Christians — or to vote?

I've seen people suggest that Christians should have their children taken away from them by the government on this very forum.

That is rather extreme, but the argument would be the psychological damage inflicted on the child by obsessively religiose parents. Hatred does not come into it at all; it's the same thing as getting a child out of any other abusive situation.

I've also seen it suggested that Christians should be exterminated, because the world would be a better place without them.

I say you're telling porkies, but am willing to be proved wrong. Show us a post on this site in which the extermination of Christians is called for. Actually, show us anyone, apart from the fanatic supporters of other well-known world religions, who is calling for the elimination of Christians. I don't believe you can.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I had a fundie Christian co-worker once, who used to make snarky comments about me being an "atheist" (she didn't even have it right - she once asked me what church I went to and I told her I was agnostic). If I said something about being kind to someone else, she kept saying things like "what does an atheist know about being kind?" If I said that I volunteered my time at the soup kitchen during the holidays, she would ask why in the world would an atheist do that?

So yes, I've had my fair share of snarky comments from Christians who thought they were better than me.

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
true that, after what I read through the years, there is great hatred for Christians on this forum, by some.

And there is a great hatred for women on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for atheists on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for men on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for Muslims on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for liberals on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for gun control advocates on this forum, by some.
And there is a great hatred for gay people on this forum, by some.

I could go on... Should Christians be immune to what EVERYONE ELSE is exposed to?

True,
so don't Christians have the right to be as offended
as atheists
as gay people
as Muslims
or are Christians expected to stay silent and take it, unlike all the other groups?

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And how many are like this?

Very few, and they are usually disliked within their respective churches as well as outside them.

You are speaking to my point, actually; aside from an obnoxious few who make themselves loathsome to others, Christians aren't hated.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hang on a sec. I'm going to do some research and see how many people actually showed up on my Christian persecution in the middle east topics and were enraged over it,

bbl

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: smurfy
I hate rhetoric more than anything else, and we know who uses rhetoric more than any other, and from there all else stems, when 'duty' calls. Truth is always the first casualty, you can often know a thief, you can't always know a liar, those who are both use rhetoric.

If you hate rhetoric, why do you use it?

RHETORIC
the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.
synonyms: oratory, eloquence, command of language, way with words
"a form of rhetoric"

language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect

If you are on ATS you use rhetoric.

Clarify please, and how it relates to the OP

Well your post is certainly in the realm of rhetoric, since you left a most salient part out of the definition you crafty little burger you

'language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect, but which is often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.'

So no, I don't use rhetoric to make a post or a point, I say what I think is right, or correct. People can accept or reject what I might say, I don't give a shiite.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Well done. Dear grandma has obviously forgotten the noxious effects of Christian coercion on the young.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
In some ways, they can't help themselves. It's what they're taught by the bible, and from the pulpit. Anyone who actually reads and comprehends the new testament alone, can see the attitude fostered toward anyone outside the "church". Nevertheless, some are much nastier about it than others, as you have obviously experienced firsthand.

As a Christian, I tried to steer clear of that line of thinking, but I won't say I always succeeded. I look back now, and I am ashamed of that era of my life. Walking away from it has changed my life dramatically.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Are you seriously comparing the complaints of Christians, the dominant majority in the United States of America, to the justified and legitimate grievances of black Americans?

How dare you.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Are you seriously comparing the complaints of Christians, the dominant majority in the United States of America, to the justified and legitimate grievances of black Americans?

How dare you.

No, you don't understand my point.

Look at the words, if you simply replace the word "black" or "Muslim" with the word Christian, then the statements become very very offensive and horrific and evil and ugly.
So why aren't they just as offensive, horrific, evil and ugly with the word Christian?

I am just pointing out how ugly the words are by replacing one group of people "Christians", with another group of people "African Americans, or Muslims"

Ugly words and statements are ugly words and statements, regardless of who one is speaking of.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't hate them, I try not to hate anyone. What I do hate, is getting online every day and seeing some Christian group trying to take away someone else's rights while using their supposed "values" from their "good book" that not everyone subscribes to. You can't tell an Atheist or a Satanist or any other group that they can't have a holiday display up and still expect to keep yours up, or if they do put one up, go and vandalize it in the middle of the night like a little bi***. Also, Christians in America need to learn that they are 100% wrong about this being founded as a "Christian nation". This nation was founded on religious freedom, deal with it. They may be the religious majority in this country, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us have to bow, and serve their ridiculous ideals of what's right. (Especially since most of the Christians I know, are some of the meanest, most combative, and most violent people that I know). Belief in God(s) is fine, but religion is, IMO, outdated and completely useless.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
originally posted by: Astyanax

Not from ATS,
I'll let someone who has the energy research it
but these are real statements:

Monday, August 4, 2008
Delusional Christians shouldn’t be allowed to vote
atheistcamel.blogspot.com...

The #1 example of government "hating on" Christians
townhall.com...
"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion"

edit on 10Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:02:45 -0500am41504amk153 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Very poor choice to use as an example as it not only fails to relate to the OPs question accurately by attempting to correlate racial bias with religious bias, but Christianity is an incredibly powerful sect and the comparison is offensive.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Let me speak up for some truly good Christians that I have personal experience with.

Most of my friends who are Christians are a pretty moderate or liberal bunch, so they don't advocate banning gay marriage or legislating any Christian belief into law for the general population. And yes, any one of my Christian friends would cater a gay wedding if asked.

I'm pretty close to my aunt who considers herself a devout Christian. We had a conversation about gay marriage recently, and while she is pretty conservative, she said that she would never strive to keep two consenting adults from committing to each other officially. I asked her if it was up for a vote tomorrow, what would she do - and she said she probably wouldn't vote on it, because her conscience wouldn't let her hurt innocent homosexuals by voting for the ban, but her religious belief wouldn't let her actively support it by voting against the ban. I think that's an honest and fair answer. Would she refuse to cater a gay wedding? I think she would do anything to avoid the situation altogether, so she wouldn't go into a business that involved catering weddings in the first place. I'm okay with that.

I'm okay with people believing whatever they want to believe. I am NOT okay with people using that belief to discriminate or try to control other people's personal lives.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All my family and friends are Christian. If I hated them I'd have nothing to live for.

I disagree with Christians, and feel concerned about some of the immoral beliefs that negatively effect my life.

The closest I come to hate, is my fear for theocratic domionists. If America went down that path, it would be a nightmare. I'm terrified of any American who believes in dominionist theology. They are basically a doomsday cult. I'd be put to death under their beliefs. Their endgame is the Christian equivalent of ISIS, with nukes.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

Very poor choice to use as an example as it not only fails to relate to the OPs question accurately by attempting to correlate racial bias with religious bias, but Christianity is an incredibly powerful sect and the comparison is offensive.

No the comparison is not offensive,

If you found my simple replacement of the word Christian with the words "Black, African American or Muslim", then you are blind to how offensive the words are in general.

The words became quite ugly and horrid and offensive when I put in the name of another group didn't they?

You certainly have to agree with me on that issue, because that is what you were so offended and upset about.

But why then are the same words not considered offensive, horrid, ugly when replaced with another group that clearly most of the respondents are bigoted and prejudiced toward, or "dislike" as they say? (ie Christians)

What I did was shock therapy. It was quite shocking and so gets my point across quite well.

Why should it be ok to say ugly, horrid, outlandish characterizations of Christians,
but not ok to say them about other groups?

What makes it ok to say ugly, horrid, cartoonish, outlandish generalizations of all Christians,
that makes it not ok to say about other groups?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thegrandpotato

Do you hate progressives that want to abolish the second amendment, and limit even further the first?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Astyanax

Let me speak up for some truly good Christians that I have personal experience with.

Most of my friends who are Christians are a pretty moderate or liberal bunch, so they don't advocate banning gay marriage or legislating any Christian belief into law for the general population. And yes, any one of my Christian friends would cater a gay wedding if asked.

I'm pretty close to my aunt who considers herself a devout Christian. We had a conversation about gay marriage recently, and while she is pretty conservative, she said that she would never strive to keep two consenting adults from committing to each other officially. I asked her if it was up for a vote tomorrow, what would she do - and she said she probably wouldn't vote on it, because her conscience wouldn't let her hurt innocent homosexuals by voting for the ban, but her religious belief wouldn't let her actively support it by voting against the ban. I think that's an honest and fair answer. Would she refuse to cater a gay wedding? I think she would do anything to avoid the situation altogether, so she wouldn't go into a business that involved catering weddings in the first place. I'm okay with that.

I'm okay with people believing whatever they want to believe. I am NOT okay with people using that belief to discriminate or try to control other people's personal lives.

OMG

For the first time?

I agree with you 100%.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join