It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Does anyone know how successful this business was?

It only had two reviews over the past two years on Yelp prior to recent uproar, one each for 4 and 5 stars. While good, this is not really any type of reasonable sample size to determine how popular or how good the food was here.

ETA: I see you posted this as well. Nice job fellow Yelper, maybe you can get us a special Yelp/ATS badge.

edit on 2-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Im not sure if I believe that they did this all as a setup, they seemed fairly genuine, but I could believe it being the other way. Im not sure who called upon them for the initial interview they did, or how they were chosen for it. The GoFundMe is up to $220,000 now. Going up up about $15,000 an hour it seems.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
[How?
By using an algorithm tool they created and share.
Did you read the transcript?

quote]originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Granite
For those who questioned "how did Twitter, blogoschere become Gay Lobby tools of hate?"

Well find the transcript on RushLinbaugh.com today's show hour one.

He reveals it is just ten people involved stirring-up the impression of thousand of outrage. Americans.
He also know their names, addresses, and their professions.

45 minute mark of hour one it begins.

Well, thank goodness that voice of unity, Rush Limbaugh, has once again demonstrated his love and compassion for humanity.

Thank god for Rush's standing up to divisiveness in this country!

(Oh, but just for the sake of argument, curiously, outside of the right-wing politically correct echo chamber, how do 10 individuals on Twitter constitute a "mafia" or represent the positions of all gays, everywhere?)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They sound like they were the talk of the town and a real "go to" place. I live in Alaska and even the smallest hole in the wall places have more reviews. We're more remote with fewer people, so...

I'm saying it's all a PR stunt. Bam, mortgage/debts paid off...If I had more time I'd dig into publicly available info on this place to find more.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'd use the money to relocate to a better location and rebrand myself (let's face it, that Yelp page will never recover). Of course that probably means that I'd have to fire my existing staff and hire a new one in the new location. Naturally, since their staff isn't working while the place is closed, they really don't care about their wages anyways.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'm saying it's all a PR stunt. Bam, mortgage/debts paid off...If I had more time I'd dig into publicly available info on this place to find more.

Eric Cartman would approve.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

[How?
By using an algorithm tool they created and share.
Did you read the transcript?

quote]originally posted by: Gryphon66

For those who questioned "how did Twitter, blogoschere become Gay Lobby tools of hate?"

Well find the transcript on RushLinbaugh.com today's show hour one.

He reveals it is just ten people involved stirring-up the impression of thousand of outrage. Americans.
He also know their names, addresses, and their professions.

45 minute mark of hour one it begins.

Well, thank goodness that voice of unity, Rush Limbaugh, has once again demonstrated his love and compassion for humanity.

Thank god for Rush's standing up to divisiveness in this country!

(Oh, but just for the sake of argument, curiously, outside of the right-wing politically correct echo chamber, how do 10 individuals on Twitter constitute a "mafia" or represent the positions of all gays, everywhere?)

Can you try reformatting?

I can't understand what you're trying to communicate to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
According to their Facebook (which is still up at this point) they were basically unknown until this story broke ... and then their "likes" went up 1500%

Hmmmm ....

Their popularity (in terms of likes) was flat ... until 3/30.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Private businesses were in the process of changing due to popular demand. Having large swaths of people pissed at you is bad for business.

*Looks at OP* Clearly.

The real civil rights importance was not at the Woolworth's Lunch counter but at the state house and the schoolhouse.

So the people having sit ins at white restaurants weren't important?

What damage that sorry "I can't help you, you gay" cause a person? And I don't just mean hurt feelings but real, actionable damage and how is that any worse than "I can't help you, you are not wearing a nice coat?" "No torn clothing" "No CCW."

Because the "you are gay" part of the expression is loaded with hate. It's hurtful to say that you aren't welcome because of something you don't have any control over. All your examples can be fixed by you leaving the place, correcting the deficiency, then reentering. You can't walk out of a restaurant, stop being gay, then walk back in.

Why is one set of hurt feelings more important than another--important enough to violate the freedom of association to eliminate?

Because being gay isn't a choice.

So that's it? That's your yardstick for what types of discrimination are acceptable or not, if it is in your opinion a choice or not?

A gay person't hurt feelings is more important than someone else's because choice or not is how injustice is defined? Sounds pretty arbitrary to me. Kinda reeks of identity politics as well.

I assume that you are against racial set asides in universities as well?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They sound like they were the talk of the town and a real "go to" place. I live in Alaska and even the smallest hole in the wall places have more reviews. We're more remote with fewer people, so...

It wasn't a PR stunt. An ABC affiliate news reporter sought them out for questioning because they were known as very religious and used it as part of a story that the bigotry was already started in Indiana. It just seems to have backfired in part.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
For the record, I am opposed to anyone who serves pizza at a WEDDING!

LOL

Having said that, let me just say that Pizza owner is ridiculous, a martyr and deserves what they get. You do have the right to say anything you want in this country but you also have to be able to suffer the consequences of that speech getting turned around right back on you.

Next issue for all Christians or really any religion. Would Jesus serve pizza at a gay wedding? I think he would have. Would L. Ron Hubbard? Yes. How about Mohammed the false prophet? Probably not.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd love to see proof that it's not a PR stunt.

I'd love to see proof that the ABC affiliate was part of a plot "out to get" an unknown local pizza joint.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
So that's it? That's your yardstick for what types of discrimination are acceptable or not, if it is in your opinion a choice or not?

Seems like a pretty reasonable way to quantify intolerance. Otherwise you get the pseudo outrage from the intolerant complaining that people are intolerant of their intolerance.

A gay person't hurt feelings is more important than someone else's because choice or not is how injustice is defined? Sounds pretty arbitrary to me. Kinda reeks of identity politics as well.

Why? If something is determined by genetics then that shouldn't be a basis to discriminate against them with.

I assume that you are against racial set asides in universities as well?

I'm not too crazy about that either. Though keep in mind, many of these minority benefits DO work both ways. For instance: My best friend went to Coppin State in Baltimore on a minority scholarship. My best friend is white, but Coppin State is a majority black school, so he ended up getting the minority scholarship.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
At the wedding in Canae, the one where Jesus miraculously transformed water into wine?

Can someone cite the verse where Jesus said: "If thou art drawn to thine own sex, thou mayest not drink of this cup."?

Seems like that would be the opportune time for Him to have made that statement.

Instead, the only things he says about marriage are 1) in heaven souls are not male or female and 2) marriage brings two people together and no man should thereafter put them apart.

Divorce 1, Same Sex Marriage 0

(At least, as far as Jesus was concerned)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Ya rush, the guy that spits more bs than anyone.

And please save your 99% truth rate or what ever.

It is totally bunk unless you have sources to prove otherwise.

You didn't give them last time so doubt you will this time.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
For gods sake, it's not about "hurt feelings." More PC BS from the right.

It's about breaking the laws of public accommodation.

It's about this law elevating Christians above the laws of the land.

Are all the supposed "attacks on Christians" nothing more than the whining of spoiled brats who can dish it out but not take it?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
For those of you that are okay with forcing a business to provide services to LGBTsomething9er, are you also okay with forcing Muslims to serve pork or alcohol?

Christians must comply, should Muslims?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You were able to make sense out of that post?

Kudos.

I know all I need to know about RL in his reference to his loyal fans as "dittoheads."

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

This isn't about what is served, it's about who is served.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: KawRider9

This isn't about what is served, it's about who is served.

Yes and Jesus would have served homosexuals.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join