It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Atheism has a voice. An they are 100% entitled to it. Preaching Atheism seems redundant though.

Define preaching.

To teach or to advise. How can you teach the word of Atheism? And what is there to advise? God isn't real? Ok now what?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

To teach or to advise. How can you teach the word of Atheism? And what is there to advise? God isn't real? Ok now what?

Yuo can teach all kinds of stuff and give advice without bringing up god.

edit on 31-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Atheism has a voice. An they are 100% entitled to it. Preaching Atheism seems redundant though.

Define preaching.

Apparently one must be void of a brain or any thought if they are atheist.

God belief is apparently the only thing humans can share with other humans.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Define preaching.

Apparently one must be void of a brain or any thought if they are atheist.

God belief is apparently the only thing humans can share with other humans.

Don't remember saying that. Religion's have teachings. Atheism? God doesn't exist. What else is there to say? They may have things to talk about but... If they are preaching ATHEISM... there's really not much to preach.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You can. But they are teaching Atheism. What's there to teach regarding Atheism?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If they are preaching ATHEISM... there's really not much to preach.

How many times have we seen John 3:16?

But atheists probably don't want to preach any way, they want to have the social network, friendly gathering and bakesales without the preaching. Win-win.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You can. But they are teaching Atheism. What's there to teach regarding Atheism?

Everything that doesn't require reaching outside yourself to have value.

An atheist loves himself and his fellow man instead of a god. An atheist accepts that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth – for all men together to enjoy. An atheist accepts that he can get no help through prayer, but that he must find in himself the inner conviction and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and to enjoy it. An atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment."

atheists.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

In other words, personal responsibility. Something religion can't grapple with. After all, religion is about some higher power saving ourselves from ourselves.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

In other words, personal responsibility. Something religion can't grapple with. After all, religion is about some higher power saving ourselves from ourselves.

Absolutely! - - I remember when I stepped completely out of the God circle.

It was like a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders. It was the first time I felt I was living Life.

With God - - - you live to please someone outside yourself. You live to please this person so he will reward you when life is over.

You don't really live.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Precisely. Life's too short to waste it worrying about what comes after it is over. Enjoy it while you have it, then worry about what happens after you die when you die.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Precisely. Life's too short to waste it worrying about what comes after it is over. Enjoy it while you have it, then worry about what happens after you die when you die.

It was really a drastic difference. What a burden God is.

And to be dumbed down with some of the most ridiculous myth beliefs - - - - its amazing humans have managed to get out of the stone ages.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
More on atheism

Atheism may be defined as the mental attitude which unreservedly accepts the supremacy of reason and aims at establishing a life-style and ethical outlook verifiable by experience and scientific method, independent of all arbitrary assumptions of authority and creeds.

Materialism declares that the cosmos is devoid of immanent conscious purpose; that it is governed by its own inherent, immutable, and impersonal laws; that there is no supernatural interference in human life; that humankind -- finding their resources within themselves -- can and must create their own destiny. Materialism restores dignity and intellectual integrity to humanity. It teaches that we must prize our life on earth and strive always to improve it. It holds that human beings are capable of creating a social system based on reason and justice. Materialism's "faith" is in humankind and their ability to transform the world culture by their own efforts. This is a commitment which is in its very essence life-asserting. It considers the struggle for progress as a moral obligation that is impossible without noble ideas that inspire us to bold, creative works. Materialism holds that our potential for good and more fulfilling cultural development is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.

atheists.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Everything that doesn't require reaching outside yourself to have value.

An atheist loves himself and his fellow man instead of a god. An atheist accepts that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth – for all men together to enjoy. An atheist accepts that he can get no help through prayer, but that he must find in himself the inner conviction and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and to enjoy it. An atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment."

atheists.org...

This compared to a complete Religious scripture and teachings. They are going to stand there and say don't pray, enjoy life, and find strength within yourself? That seems, again, redundant in my opinion. A nice message... but something that doesn't require preaching.

And in all honesty - I don't think religious preaching is necessarily worth it. But it has more of a reason to preach than does Atheism. From scanning that website they've provided information regarding what Atheists (or more directly, that foundation) have done since 1963. The majority of those things have been done by people regardless of beliefs. They are just trying to take the God concept out of a few things. Again, not really note worthy.

Also, on a side note, those who don't have a belief system will more than likely not be part or take part in American Atheists. Rather just not believe in a higher power and live a normal life.

Religion (whichever one) has a lot of teachings. A lot of stories, morals and a lot of social and cultural impact that may interest someone who's on the other end of someone "preaching" Atheists probably live the same life as most religious people. But don't pray or attend church. That's not really preach worthy in my opinion.

edit on 31-3-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

This compared to a complete Religious scripture and teachings. They are going to stand there and say don't pray, enjoy life, and find strength within yourself? That seems, again, redundant in my opinion. A nice message... but something that doesn't require preaching.

Just so you know, I was raised Christian.

It was through trying to find truth in Christianity that led me to atheism.

I was also about 65 when I finally accepted the truth that religion is useless myth and a waste of time. Can't say I didn't give it all I could.

I would happily do whatever it took to get others to see how ridiculous and useless antiquated God beliefs are.

The real world is more important.

edit on 31-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Religion (whichever one) has a lot of teachings. A lot of stories, morals and a lot of social and cultural impact that may interest someone who's on the other end of someone "preaching" Atheists probably live the same life as most religious people. But don't pray or attend church. That's not really preach worthy in my opinion.

Life has a lot of teachings. A lot of stories, etc etc.

Looking to, for answers, and worshiping a mystical being outside yourself - - - is debilitating.

Morality is humanity and common sense. I don't need a "go to man" . I have me.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Just so you know, I was raised Christian.

It was through trying to find truth in Christianity that led me to atheism.

I was also about 65 when I finally accepted the truth that religion is useless myth and a waste of time. Can't say I didn't give it all I could.

I would happily do whatever it took to get others to see how ridiculous and useless antiquated God beliefs are.

The real world is more important.

You're entitled to your beliefs. I never questioned them.

By all means, go and preach Atheism. But with Atheism being, by it's nature, void of a belief system. I don't think you're going to have much to talk about when someone asks you... "So, tell me more..."

Atheism is great for those who it works for. But it's not really worth talking about. You don't believe in God and you only believe in the physical. What is "real" in this world you live in right now. And that you can't get help from prayer, rather help yourself and others. Live for the now..... Great! Anything else? It doesn't really go beyond that. There's nothing much else to "PREACH" - That was my whole point. It was never a bash at Atheism.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Looking to, for answers, and worshiping a mystical being outside yourself - - - is debilitating.

Any "life" stories/teachings you tell will prove nothing of Atheism. Because Atheism has nothing to prove and nobody to prove itself to. It has no reason to get people "on board" because there is nothing to board. It's a choice of not believing in a higher power.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

If they are preaching ATHEISM... there's really not much to preach.

How many times have we seen John 3:16?

But atheists probably don't want to preach any way, they want to have the social network, friendly gathering and bakesales without the preaching. Win-win.

Don't we all my friend... don't we all.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Any "life" stories/teachings you tell will prove nothing of Atheism. Because Atheism has nothing to prove and nobody to prove itself to. It has no reason to get people "on board" because there is nothing to board. It's a choice of not believing in a higher power.

I have been both Christian and atheist.

I would much rather teach and bring up a child in a non-god belief.

Religion to me is harmful and devisive.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

If you don't understand what atheism is about.

That's your issue.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join