It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill? A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

If one of these bozos come up to me, I will tell them they are idiots.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

Just to clarify, Agnostic is a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I never really did understand the need for atheists to push their 'belief' in the non-existence of god/gods.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Claiming "Satanists" are being atheism s not only simplistic, it smacks of that insane fearmongering of the 80's. I myself, once a die hard believer, find myself drifting closer to that state, and the satanist I know of is that idiot governor in Indiana.

edit on 2732015 by Ironhawke because: spelling

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird.

No weirder than standing in an airport and preaching that god is going to smite all the unholy and blah blah blah. At the end of the day, it is all annoying to me.

Are these people mentally ill?

They are just as passionate as the believers who do the same things. It's a shame, because atheism comes from a lack of evidence. There is really nothing to preach. The belief is pretty simple to grasp. But hey, if some atheists want to annoy others like religious people do, that's their problem.

A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

I know right! The Satanic Temple - Our Mission

The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people. In addition, we embrace practical common sense and justice.

As an organized religion, we feel it is our function to actively provide outreach, to lead by example, and to participate in public affairs wheresoever the issues might benefit from rational, Satanic insights. As Satanists, we all should be guided by our consciences to undertake noble pursuits guided by our individual wills. We believe that this is the hope of all mankind and the highest aspiration of humanity.

So much evil there!

There are plenty of atheists on this forum, so you should get your chance. Hey, you can start with me. I'm agnostic.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
😕

There is no God, and Jerry DeWitt is his prophet. 😄

👣

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill?

And to stand on street corners, malls, airports, not to mention going door to door, preaching and handing out pamphlets isn't?
Or it's just crazy because it doesn't support religion?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
They're just believers.

Just they believe in something a bit different to what religions believe in.

And believers have always seemed to feel a weird urge to stand in public spaces and preach.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I challenge anyone to claim that they dont place there faith or offer up a little prayer to some form of deity before departing on any associated plane journey, even if its only to the machine god that is the aircraft. Especially so these days.
edit on 27-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill? A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

The point is integrity mate.

Continuing to promote that which you instinctively know to be false shows a distinct lack of integrity, even if it is VERY profitable.

I'm Agnostic too if you want to have a bash...go ahead!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Atheists lack belief or faith in gods, they do not posses belief.

They probably speak in public to any other atheists that may be in the closet due to people around them thinking they were satanic or something equally silly.

Infact your entire OP is the reason for them speaking to other atheists in public....

link   
Damn those atheists extremist! :p

Being agnostic myself, I would find it hard to push my "belief" on others.
What more to say then ;

There is no proof of God yet the lack of proof isn't proof in itself...

link   

I suppose you only mean those who preach in favor of atheism vs the faiths?

That makes more sense. I read your Op and though, well he thinks atheists are mentally ill, but respects their opinions?

Anyway, glad to see I was mistaken.

Atheism can become a person's religion just as much as Christianity can. Most misunderstand the whole concept or idea of Atheism entirely.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Atheism can become a person's religion just as much as Christianity can. Most misunderstand the whole concept or idea of Atheism entirely.

~Tenth

The irony is staggering......

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing in God and the bible. I believe in a higher being, a higher power that had a hand in our development here.

The sheer scale of the universe is mind blowing to say the least, and the fact that no other race has landed here to say my supports my thoughts.

People give atheism a bad rap. In the end its just another group of like minded individuals who wish to exercise their beliefs.

More power to them.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I suppose you only mean those who preach in favor of atheism vs the faiths?

That makes more sense. I read your Op and though, well he thinks atheists are mentally ill, but respects their opinions?

Anyway, glad to see I was mistaken.

~Tenth

A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence
en.wikipedia.org...

Atheists can be quite religious.

That is why radical atheists go out of their way to try and stomp out what they consider religion without realizing they themselves have a religion.

One can even attend atheist church.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 9Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:22:31 -0500am32703amk275 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks op for calling me a bad name, i dont go around telling people there morons because there affraid of an invisible entity.

Let people be.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

~Tenth

The irony is staggering......

Not really.

'Belief isn't the domain of the religious you know.

I believe my kids are wonderful, kind, vital bundles of lovelyness...i have belief in spades mate, just not in something that threatens me if i do not comply with it's wishes..even if i thought it actually existed, which i don't, i still wouldn't worship an entity that murdered millions..why anybody could profess love for such an entity is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence

Atheists can be quite religious.

No atheists merely reject the claims made by theists for gods, nothing more nothing less. Anything else attributed to atheism is irrelevant and incorrect.

That is why radical atheists go out of their way to try and stomp out what they consider religion without realizing they themselves have a religion.

You're describing anti-theists not atheists.

One can even attend atheist church.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Someone always rolls out that article, and yes there are many such groups. But the only thing that they all have in common is their lack of belief and the rejection of the claims made by theists. The attendees will disagree on all aspects of life and the natural word, except their lack of belief in gods.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Not really.

'Belief isn't the domain of the religious you know.

I believe my kids are wonderful, kind, vital bundles of lovelyness...i have belief in spades mate, just not in something that threatens me if i do not comply with it's wishes..even if i thought it actually existed, which i don't, i still wouldn't worship an entity that murdered millions..why anybody could profess love for such an entity is beyond me.

There's a big difference between 'belief' and to believe....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join