It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: maxzen2004

I challenge anyone to claim that they dont place there faith or offer up a little prayer to some form of deity before departing on any associated plane journey, even if its only to the machine god that is the aircraft. Especially so these days.

Nope. Don't do that! Pointless!
Atheists tend not to fear death as believers do! maybe because they know that the end is the end!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Atheism can become a person's religion just as much as Christianity can. Most misunderstand the whole concept or idea of Atheism entirely.

~Tenth

The irony is staggering......

I agree with you. But that's how the world works. Even a disbelief in something can become your faith if you allow it to.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

our society is built upon bitter ironies.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I challenge anyone to claim that they dont place there faith or offer up a little prayer to some form of deity before departing on any associated plane journey, even if its only to the machine god that is the aircraft. Especially so these days.

"There are no atheists in foxholes"

link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I imagine even Atheists fear plunging into the ground like a lawn dart from 30,000ft, whether or not they care admit it or otherwise.

link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You are probably correct about the majority of atheists who have an I don't care attitude, live and let live.

Which my philosophy as a Christian is, live and let live,
as long as you don't harm someone else or another's property
or denounce the right to believe,
or denigrate another's opinion (belief) because it is different than yours.
I know many will call me horrid things and say I must believe this awful thing or that awful thing because I am a Christian. But that is not true, I have a live and let live attitude, love my neighbors and live in harmony with them as much as possible.

However, there are radical atheists,
just as there are radical Christians
and radical Muslims,
atheists that get quite angry and hostile
toward people who believe in a God
and go out of their way to evangelize them into the truth (atheism)
or legislate them into "the truth" (atheism).
To deny they exist is to deny ISIS exists or radical pro-lifers exist.

Human beings are all the same basically.
There will always be those who think that
their way of thinking, believing, not believing,
is the one and only correct way of thinking and living.

Regardless of if they believe in a God, Allah, Satan,
or no God,
there will always be fringe elements who feel
the rest of the world
must be somehow forced to believe as they do
or have their mind changed to believe as they do.

edit on 10Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:01:19 -0500am32703amk275 by grandmakdw because: spelling format

link   
a reply to: johnwick

Hit the nail right on the head mate!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You are misconstruing faith and conviction. A lack of faith in a higher power does not mean a person lacks conviction. Nor is a person with a moral set of convictions necessarily religious.

Anyone can be a good upstanding person with strong moral standards. It is not necessarily the sole domain of the faithful.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

Ah....

And now we get down to the true reason why you made this thread.

You believe all atheists are actually satanists deep down inside with a secret hidden agenda... or is it just the ones standing on their soapboxes in airports ?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Atheists tend not to fear death as believers do! maybe because they know that the end is the end!

How do "they know" such a thing!?!

How can you claim such as the above and say it's not a belief system?

Hypo...
Crisy...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You are misconstruing faith and conviction. A lack of faith in a higher power does not mean a person lacks conviction. Nor is a person with a moral set of convictions necessarily religious.

Anyone can be a good upstanding person with strong moral standards. It is not necessarily the sole domain of the faithful.

Yeah I see what you mean. I use the faith portion of it, because a lot of people just don't understand that if you are a militant atheist and you spend your entire existence, or a big part of it trying to convince people to become atheists, then that's your faith & your conviction as far as I'm concerned.

Morality isn't intertwined with faith that's for sure. I myself am an agnostic and I'm not cutting people's heads off just because I don't believe God is a single parent who writes books.

More often than not, we find the people doing the killing are the ones who believe the sentence above. Or some twisted form of it anyway.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

My point was that to describe someone as an atheist is to say they lack belief/have the rejected the claims made by theists, and that's all it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill? A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

If one of these bozos come up to me, I will tell them they are idiots.

What do agnostics have to do with this?
Do you know what agnosticism means?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

"There are no atheists in foxholes"

this phrase is, in my experience, typically bandied about by people who haven't had the experience of being in a foxhole. There were plenty of them when I served and that was in the days where you were sent for a psych eval if you didn't attend services sunday morning.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow

originally posted by: maxzen2004
I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill? A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

If one of these bozos come up to me, I will tell them they are idiots.

What do agnostics have to do with this?
Do you know what agnosticism means?

In this context agnostics are by definition atheists.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Hypo...
Crisy...

Agreed.
The best a thinking person can do with honesty is be an agnostic, since there is no first hand knowledge to prove an afterlife or connection while living to a god/gods. Any first hand experiences could be hallucinatory in nature.
Not telling anyone what to believe, just saying that atheists citing belief is hypocritical.

link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: grandmakdw

My point was that to describe someone as an atheist is to say they lack belief/have the rejected the claims made by theists, and that's all it is.

Depends on the type of Atheist...

Gnostic Atheists have a belief system through and through!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

How the hell is a prayer going to make a plane fly better?

Sorry to have to tell you this, but not everyone is afraid of flying as you seem to be.

My concerns on flights are leg room, when are they bringing the snacks, and I hope we don't wind up delayed.

BTW the atheist foxhole meme is a nice piece of propaganda, but it isn't true. It wasn't for me or my pops. Gods don't visit battlefields. Not even war deities.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Hypo...
Crisy...
Because they not blind minded (stupid)!

When you don't believe in any religion and death is the end thus nothing then there is nothing to believe in thus no belief system exists, only nothing!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Everyone has a free will to choose and believe what they want to believe.

I believe that no one should try and force their beliefs on anyone else.

I pray for people in private and I listen to them in person...offer them a shoulder to cry on...a comforting hug etc. and they don't have to believe what I spiritually believe...I just show them that I care.

However...I do see a trend in society that is getting more and more into the occult and black magic. There are shows on TV that promote and glorify zombies, vampires, drug users. serial killers, witches, warlocks etc. and many movies do this too. Also...many cartoons have hidden messages and subliminal messages that are slowly hypnotizing the children of today. Many are learning to be self-centered; it is all about them and some of them (not all) have a cold attitude towards humanity.

It seems to me goodness, wholesomeness and caring are being pushed aside by many for what is called the 7 deadly sins...which many say are...

Pride
Envy
Lust
Anger
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join