It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON is a Joke

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Let's face it, there really aren't compelling UFO cases anymore. And it's not just like the number of them has diminished, it's like they literally don't exist anymore. Sure, organizations like MUFON and NUFORC are reporting record breaking numbers of sightings, but if you've ever taken the time to check some of these reports out you will surely have realized their atrocious quality.

So, yes, there are plenty of sightings, but the typical MUFON case is un-investigated, reported by someone unable or unwilling to use write properly in english, and often obviously observing a naturally occurring phenomenon. For example, the latest report on the MUFON website (as of 6 pm 3/26/15) is as follows:

i was standing in downtown Chicago and saw this rocket type craft shoot straight up in the air. i do not say it is a real UFO, but it freaked me out to see this flight pattern in a city setting. i would simply like to know what i saw.
mufoncms.com...

It gets even better, our witness even snapped a few photos!

Above: The strange rocket type craft

Granted, not all the reports are this bad, but if we're honest, an astonishing percentage of them are.

And the poor quality of evidence isn't the only problem. The organization's somewhat new TV show, Hangar One, seems to intentionally present some of the shakiest UFO theories possible. The absurdities of that program are discussed here: badufos.blogspot.com... . Shows like this give UFOlogy a bad name. It's shows like this that allow the MSM to ridicule the most ridiculous aspects of UFOlogy while ignoring the actual evidence of an unknown phenomenon. In this way MUFON is hurting UFOlogy.

Am I wrong? Is MUFON really contributing to UFOlogy?
Regardless, what steps need to be taken for good UFO research to be conducted once again?
edit on 3105America/Chicago11America/ChicagopmThu, 26 Mar 2015 17:28:11 -05002015-03-26T17:28:11-05:0005f by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Yes, you are wrong. MUFON came do to a comprehensive investigation, soil sample test, radiation test and...yes, we had an event in my back yard. Neighbors reported it to police. I was very pleased with MUFON.

Dr. Stephen Greer, the " I'm just a country doctor" guy looks like a Reptilian and has an ego problem. He has an impressive witness list though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I don't mean to say they do nothing for the subject. I know that MUFON is basically the only organization actively conducting field investigations and such, but I think they do more harm then good overall.

ETA: Could you tell a little more about the event in your backyard? That sounds very interesting. And, Steven Greer doesn't just have an ego problem, he's a complete fraud. I hope you know that.
edit on 3105America/Chicago15America/ChicagopmThu, 26 Mar 2015 17:44:15 -05002015-03-26T17:44:15-05:0005f by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Everyone knows that's a chemtrail...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Well, probably a contrail, but yes. Certainly not a UFO.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Someone has to wade through the human excrement to find the few nuggets of UFO Gold! I say let MUFON do it!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The dude the owns MUFON also constructs and launches inflatable orbital habitats, Mr Robert Bigelow.
edit on 26-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I call garbage men a joke 6 days a week. On the 7th day I thank him for picking it up.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The thread is about MUFON, not my back yard. U2U me and I will share the story.

As I said, Dr. Greer has an impressive list of witnesses. He lacks believability because of his ginormous ego.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I've lost interest in UFOs. I blame hoaxes and CGI along with all around terrible videos of Chinese lanterns. I suspect my interest will only be piqued is if and when aliens make first contact, so I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
a reply to: buddah6

Well, probably a contrail, but yes. Certainly not a UFO.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. But where has this guy been for the last 80 years. Contrails are every where and he's just seeing one now.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

The thread is about MUFON, not my back yard. U2U me and I will share the story.

As I said, Dr. Greer has an impressive list of witnesses. He lacks believability because of his ginormous ego.

Are you really not going to share your story with ATS? Don't you think that will help MUFON's credibility to post it?

I agree with the OP, browsing through the UFO reports on MUFON's website is

Our regular space sciences have more realistic talk about ET and UFO's.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I've personally never been impressed with MUFON's research abilities.

As for Bigalow. He probably bought out MUFON so that he can get sightings of his competitors vehicles. And/or to get the sightings and reports of those classes of vehicles hidden away to aid in keeping them classified for the time being. Then show publically the more out there ones or obvious hoaxes as a way to keep the signal to noise ratio very high, bringing public doubt on the subject and thus keeping things better classified.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

MUFON has been around forever and never made any breaking discoveries. Their report card for the last twenty years Fail.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I can't speak for anyone else but when I made my report to Mufon, they called me and also offered to come out.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

If any ATS members U2U me, you bet, I will share the story.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

I can't speak for anyone else but when I made my report to Mufon, they called me and also offered to come out.

Ditto, in part. They called me to follow up and ask details, too. It had happened a long time in the past, when I called, so there was no need to follow up with a visit.

I felt like they did a good job!

- AB

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The dude the owns MUFON also constructs and launches inflatable orbital habitats, Mr Robert Bigelow.

Bigelow, NASA and MUFON?

Interesting combo right?

Time to go back to the ranch and have another mosey around.

ATS LINK

Love that alien head.

edit on 26-3-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
I call garbage men a joke 6 days a week. On the 7th day I thank him for picking it up.

Well said, thanks,

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Yes, you are wrong. MUFON came do to a comprehensive investigation, soil sample test, radiation test and...yes, we had an event in my back yard. Neighbors reported it to police. I was very pleased with MUFON.

Dr. Stephen Greer, the " I'm just a country doctor" guy looks like a Reptilian and has an ego problem. He has an impressive witness list though.

Well, it's refreshing to hear from someone else who has had an alien event in their backyard. I bet it's more common than reported.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join