It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON is a Joke

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man
Probably a made up story.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Taken straight from my email box as proof of my MUFON filing:

"From: MUFON

Nov 11, 2014

Dear Ultralight ,

Thank you for your sighting report submitted November 11, 2014. Because of you, we are one step closer to solving the greatest mystery of all time.

If you believe in MUFON's mission, "The Scientific Study of UFOs for the Benefit of Humanity", and would like to support MUFON, we would encourage you to do so by joining and/or donating to the organization. One may join MUFON by going to MUFON.COM and clicking on JOIN MUFON or just click this link -> www.mufon.com...
You can become a member for as little as per year and with your membership you will receive our monthly UFO Journal to keep you up to date on the latest in UFO sightings and investigations.

If you would like to Donate, we are a 501(c)3 Non-Profit and 100% of your donation is tax deductible.
For Donations click here -> www.mufon.com... .

As a thank you for providing us with your sighting report we are delighted to make available to you, FREE of charge, a copy of Filer's Files.
To sign up for Filer's Files click this link -> nationalufocenter.com... .

Filer's Files is weekly e-mail publication on UFO Sightings from around the world run by a former USAF Major (ret) and current MUFON State Director, George Filer.
If you decide to take advantage of this offer I am sure you will enjoy receiving these weekly updates.

Thank you for again for your support and for your trust and confidence in MUFON.

Sincerely,

Jan C. Harzan
Executive Director
Mutual UFO Network
MUFON.COM"

It DID happen, I DID report it and the only thing I changed above is my name and address for obvious reasons.
I did NOT have to donate, and I didn't, and I am enjoying my free weekly flyer, thank you.

So, now that I proved this, if anyone wants to know about the red orb that scared the beegees out of my dog and ultimately caused a $600+ vet bill on the night of 11-11-14, U2U me.

There is simply too much to type...
edit on 1427427256Thursday31Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:34:16 -0500pmThursday34101031 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I dont know much about the organization itself, Ive seen a show or two of them doing an investigation and it was top notch, Im sure it depends on who you wind up getting to come out.

The new MUFON show, Hangar 1, was a mixed bag. I thought some of the shows were really informative and I learned about some of the better cases like the Hudson valley flap. However some of the shows were so speculative as be on the same level of ancient aliens, really hurts the credibility. The episode on presidents was awful.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth who owns MUFON?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Yes, you are wrong. MUFON came do to a comprehensive investigation, soil sample test, radiation test and...yes, we had an event in my back yard. Neighbors reported it to police. I was very pleased with MUFON.

Dr. Stephen Greer, the " I'm just a country doctor" guy looks like a Reptilian and has an ego problem. He has an impressive witness list though.

So, you think Greer looks like a reptilian, here's something to think about, if he happens to be reptilian then, perhaps, MUFON is really set up to help the reptilians (if they exist) locate any other species that may be probing earth or arriving unannounced. Perhaps the reptilian ET detectors aren't quite as good so why not have the earth slaves just report strangeness directly to them. What if our reporting of these incidents stops any benevolent species from reaching us.

I know this has probably been thought of before but since the thought jumped into my head when I read that, I figured I would share it. Enjoy it, or not, your pick!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I'll bad mouth MUFON, but not it's intent. The problem with MUFON is that they have to many "Believers" as Field Investigators. My time with MUFON was ripe with nepotism, pre-conceived bias, and lack of understanding the "Scientific Method". These issues I had was at the state level, and from my own personal experiences wasn't organizationally wide. At the time MUFON was about documenting sightings and collecting evidence in an attempt to understand the complexities of the UFO phenomenon. Sadly I left the organization due to issues at the state level.

Though I have still get called out to help in sightings that get reported to the local law enforcement and the poor 911 operators that have to calm a person down from what they seen. Usually the sightings are nothing more then misidentified known situations, but sometimes after collecting eye witness reports and examining any evidence I'm still left scratching my head.

So to answer your question, yes there are in fact still compelling cases out there. You should spend a weekend or two checking around your area for reports (and NO that doesn't mean just looking on-line, but rather going out to an area where a report was seen. Ask people in the area if they seen anything, poke around)

If you feel like MUFON isn't contributing to the field, then I'm not going to disagree with you because I feel the same way sometime. I have do ask you though: what have you done to contribute? I still conduct investigations from time to time. Just not with MUFON anymore.

edit on 27-3-2015 by Guyfriday because: Misplaces letters had to be replaced

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I tried to report an event with multiple witnesses (2 separate ufos ) day time, close observation with details and nothing. reply to: thesearchfortruth

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
James Carrion was the director of MUFON, and had some interesting things to say about MUFON, some of which are mentioned in this thread:

James Carrion on MUFON and UFOs

originally posted by: goatfish
I heard a really interesting interview on the ParaCast show last night [mp3]. They had James Carrion, former International Director of MUFON, on and were interviewing him about the recent shake-ups at MUFON and his beliefs on UFOs. He had some interesting things to say about the current leadership at MUFON. I have transcribed a few interesting parts of the interview. I did my best to quote it exactly. Although I removed parts, I have inserted ellipses wherever I removed text.

@56:03

...James: I think the big issue here is that the MUFON board is a board of believers. They believe that UFOs are real. They don't have a terrestrial explanation they have an extra-terrestrial explanation.... These folks they are die-hard believers and you can't have a scientifically-based organization if your personal beliefs are going to get in the way.

While James may be bitter and throwing stones I have to agree. How can an organization remain objective if they manipulate their leadership to cater to a specific opinion?

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I'll bad mouth MUFON, but not it's intent. The problem with MUFON is that they have to many "Believers" as Field Investigators. My time with MUFON was ripe with nepotism, pre-conceived bias, and lack of understanding the "Scientific Method". These issues I had was at the state level, and from my own personal experiences wasn't organizationally wide. At the time MUFON was about documenting sightings and collecting evidence in an attempt to understand the complexities of the UFO phenomenon. Sadly I left the organization due to issues at the state level.
That sounds awfully similar to what the former director of MUFON had to say about MUFON, except he was saying that bias is even in the MUFON board, so it goes pretty high in the organization apparently.

edit on 27-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Almost every single Organization or private individual (greer, willcock.. & co) entity that's sprung up since WW2 is to be seen as a smoke screen or pacification operation.. lest you get caught in the net of decades long campaigns to hide the fact...

They don't know.
They don't want to tell us they don't know as that makes them look... inefficient (choosing words wisely now)

They'd rather us all so wrapped up in the lies, that we self perpetrate for generations to come. They want us to get so fed up with the hoaxes, disillusioned by the salesmen.. that we walk away or end up turning into the very thing we battled in our early stages of skepticism and seeking... joining the ranks of the habitual debunker.

This would have all been thought out/planned in deep psychological think tanks back in the late 40's early 50's.. soon after WW2, as it was clear at that point there was a 3rd player in the game, one they knew nothing of but both sides had seen enough of to make it a clarified fact that needed addressing in a civil engineering, long term way so they could (if it escalates) enact plausible deniability in the future.

and it did escalate, and their plan to play dumb about it worked a treat.. that worked for a few decades until the internet came about, not they just corrale us all into little corners of the internet and beat us with our own stick until we confess it's all just balloons and birds man!!

but a better tactic is to make it look like you really care.. yet do very little to help, then say that's because your hands are tied and (secret secret i cant tell you) sory i cant do anymore.. but thanks for all your info... and that's where i place MUFON.. square solid in the last web of deceit.

Has anything.. and i mean ANYTHING at all ever come from a MUFON investigation... any solid points one can point to to cross reference what makes a sighting legit?... any real juicy data at all that would help not hinder over ALL those cases......

didn't think so..

edit on 27-3-2015 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
How sad that someone can actually assert that something they typed on (or pasted to) an internet forum can serve as "proof" of anything other than the ability to type (or paste.)

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I agree. Myself, some neighbours, a dog walker 20 miles away, a person driving away from a drive-in theater 40 miles away: all described the same event, on the same night, from surrounding points of view.

My girlfriend &I took photos &video of the vehicles in question. I took video of the Russian COSMOS satellite overhead as it happened.

Events have happened since, to the point where I now have 3D video (Why? 3D footage is more valuable as scientific data. Depth perception. More accurate color. Takes a way a couple layers of plausible deniability. Way harder to CGI a 3D model & composite, takes a bigger hardware infrastructure.)

MUFON's interest to hard data and multiple witnesses over counties that can triangulate the event? Nada. Goose egg. Zilch. I don't think it fit The History Channel's submission criteria.

$20 says the Russians can provide me with a photo of me taking video of them, that night. Would make an amazing Pravda piece......

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I reported my sighting from '08 to N.M. MUFON and the guy who followed up on my case was pretty cool. It was refreshing to have someone actually show sincerity and interest, and I rarely talk about it these days but still have profound interest in what it was I saw. unfortunately I don't know what it was and probably never will, but I am glad there are people out there treating this as a reality and something to be taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I have my own stories with the failure of some aspects of MUFON to live up to the org they claim to be. But don't necessarily consider them to be a "tool" of the establishment to keep us ignorant of the reality of genuine alien UFOs. If anything, consider them a brake, a safety pop-off valve that allows and promotes public expression of a curious phenomena that, strangely, government and true science tends to leave alone. Consider them part of the muddy situation between the experiences of common folk that see mysterious events in the sky and Big Brother that acknowledges nothing of the sort, at least, as far as those events being actions by ETs.

MUFON is a normal part of the social dynamic that must exist as a civilization moves along from one understanding of the Universe to another. I noticed almost daily how few people appreciate how the "belief point" of the US population has shifted along a continuum from point "A" toward point "B." Point A is where people took for granted that there was a God and that mankind was the sole intelligent animal in the Universe. In my 77 years, I've seen a drastic movement of that belief point. Belief in a God is fading away as people drift away from organized religions. Science, within which MUFON, claims a foothold, is our new spiritual advisor.

If science tells us something is so, no question, it is accepted until the next science report. Water on Mars? Sure. Water now throughout the Universe? Why not? Earth-like planets abound all around us? Oh, we knew that. ETs coming by Earth to give us a boost? Makes sense from our new all,encompassing view of how the Universe must operate. Eventually, the process will near completion....which is signalled by the growing recognition that MUFON has no intention of carrying the ball.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just because Mufon does not get good reports does not degrade them of course. I don't report to them what I see, nor do my friends. It is almost like we expect to see something now and then, find it interesting and get on with life.

In the last several years over our area in Fl. we have seen on differing occasions large wingless cylinder like objects. They may be flattened from the side, but cylinder from beneath. Two I watched for 15 minutes while commercial planes way beneath them came and went. I did not report. Two others as well, we did not report. Two years ago towards the Gulf, I watched one dart up and down really fast, blinking brightly and slowly moving out over the gulf, I did not report.

Some year ago doing a final approach to an air port in Mi. I watched one hover just off our approach path, I did not report. Many years ago we watched two giant lights mid day mid Fl. that was seen on both coasts, we did not report. In 98 3:30 in the morning watched a giant triangle almost hover over our anchored boat in the keys. I could see the curvature of the craft which was running stealth and it was only about a thousand feet above us, no report. Last year walking back to our boat in Wi. I stopped, looked at a star formation and told my companions to look at this, they did and then one of the stars took my cue and darted down then up and to the east, then straight up into space. There is more, but I am only one of millions, we don't report. Perhaps we are tired of nay sayers and skeptics and we become jaded.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

You are correct. I could have just typed it all. But those who have filed with MUFON will recognize this. Just because you type falsehoods on the internet doesn't condemn others as doing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I humbly submit that MUFON suffers from the same malady as any organization which does not embrace the "Tenth Man" protocol. When the entire board is no longer seeking to prove, but instead to convince; then you have lost the core of investigative analysis.

Dissent serves a valuable purpose. It tends to keep things real.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 03pmx03pmFri, 27 Mar 2015 17:55:11 -050011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I humbly submit that MUFON suffers from the same malady as any organization which does not embrace the "Tenth Man" protocol. When the entire board is no longer seeking to prove, but instead to convince; then you have lost the core of investigative analysis.

Dissent serves a valuable purpose. It tends to keep things real.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

When it comes to MUFON, I couldn't agree more.

Sadly though, even if someone wanted to start up a new UFO investigation group it would get either over shadowed by MUFON, or get grouped in with the malarkey that the "Ghost Hunter" groups get.

So like me, many of the serious UFO investigators either form small discussion groups that meet and share, or just do lone investigations.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The capital is there from Freiras, Bigelow, movie stars, etc. The trick is finding out how to get at it instead of the less quality groups.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Harte

You are correct. I could have just typed it all. But those who have filed with MUFON will recognize this. Just because you type falsehoods on the internet doesn't condemn others as doing it.

Just because you have an iredeemably skewed conception of the meaning of the word "proof" doesn't give you the right to claim I post falsehoods.

After all, have I pasted words here claiming they are "proof" of aliens in my backyard?

The fact that you can't or won't recognize the truth doesn't mean that what you refuse to recognize is a lie.

Harte

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What is needed is document evidence. Follow the reports up from FAA, USAF and NORAD, to see if they have detected anything usual. Also try to eliminate any known objects or misinterpretations to reduce any low graded reports. Sometimes the official response isn't going to come up with anything, that is due to the excessive secrecy which exists concerning the UFO within official circles. I know classified files exist on the UFO, the USAF has one location where they store this data and documents amongst other things. MUFON well all I will say is it is down to individuals, most UFO groups are trying to prove a point and not get actual creditable evidence including official documents. Unknown Tracks detected by NORAD are by their own words UFOs it is just not a term they use.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join