It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON is a Joke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

feel better?

I refuse to get engaged in a war of words with someone who clearly is not capable of winning.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

feel better?

I refuse to get engaged in a war of words with someone who clearly is not capable of winning.

Never felt better.

I note that what you say above is that you feel it is your routine to call a poster a liar then refuse to back up your statement. Apparently, it is then your method to back out of your claim with some ignorant statement such as "you couldn't win anyway."

This is an indication of your own credibility, not mine.

Tell you what, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you combed through my posts here at ATS but were unable to find a single instance of me posting anything at all that even the most dense idiot could construe in any way as a falsehood.

I can do this because I know that no such post of mine exists here - outside of obviously sarcastic remarks.

Harte

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sigh..Robert Bigelow does not own MUFON and has no ties to it whatsoever. That relationship has been over for several years now. The critics of MUFON might really be surprised to see how things have been revamped and the things that are coming in the very near future. This being one of the new and promising projects. Look up UFOTOG ll with Douglas Trumbull and Marc D'Antonio. This is a very exciting science project that MUFON will be part of.

edit on 30-3-2015 by MSKaren because: typo corrections

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

He doesn't own MUFON.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MSKaren

Sadly all this project is:

From douglastrumbull.com/

Welcome to the site, we are in the process of implementing upgrades.
We have just completed UFOTOG, a ten minute experimental demonstrative film.
UFOTOG has been created using our MAGI process, involving 3D 4K 120fps imagery.
Trumbull Studios is now fully equipped and prepared to commence production of our first feature using MAGI, along with extensive virtual technologies and techniques on our stage. .

and this :

From hollywoodreporter.com

UFOTOG was shot with Canon C500 4K cameras and a 3ality 3D camera rig, recording raw data at 120 fps. Actors and other live elements were primarily shot on a greenscreen stage at Trumbull’s studio in Southfield, Mass., and composited into 3D virtual sets. “I think we can save a tremendous amount of money by not going on location and not building many sets at all," the Trumbull said.

and of course:

From finance.yahoo.com

UFOTOG is a dramatic short story about a lone man attempting to photograph UFOs. Trumbull felt that it would be ideal to premiere UFOTOG at Paul Allen's iconic Seattle Cinerama Theater as the headlining event at the annual Science Fiction Film Festival Sunday May 11, 2014, in conjunction with special screenings of 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY and CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, both of which have alien contact stories. In addition, Trumbull will introduce his movie BRAINSTORM, on Friday, May 9, which marked the beginning of his quest for immersive cinema.

So UFOTAG II is probably nothing more then more of the same. Experimental film making using UFOs as a plotline. Where's the

very exciting science project that MUFON will be part of.

That you speak of?

***PERSONAL NOTE***

I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to show that this project isn't what you think it is. If I'm wrong please show me where I can find the answers that show it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yes you're wrong, they are helping. How canypu blame them for people being ignorant in not k owing what a plane is? And people nowadays can't use proper Engish because they text so much and pop culture is making it standard to misspell words or spell them in a different, more ignorant way. Besides, some are probably too used to auto corrent.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Tell you what, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you combed through my posts here at ATS but were unable to find a single instance of me posting anything at all that even the most dense idiot could construe in any way as a falsehood.

It's not hard at all to find you saying something that isn't true, Harte.

In the Neil Degrasse Tyson thread. You made the claim that at least 26% to 50% of all alien abductions "are from high rise apartments in New York City"

That is a complete falsehood. And it sure doesn't take "the most dense idiot" to know that. When asked for any evidence at all to support your outlandish claim, you had none. Only that you read it in a magazine published by Penthouse in the 1970s.

I can do this because I know that no such post of mine exists here - outside of obviously sarcastic remarks.

Yet such a post of yours does exist. Or is that your idea of obvious sarcasm?

edit on 31-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

In the Neil Degrasse Tyson thread. You made the claim that at least 26% to 50% of all alien abductions "are from high rise apartments in New York City"

That is a complete falsehood.

Actually, your quote here is a total falsehood! He said he read something in a magazine and mentioned no such numbers. Its OK, I don't think you do this on purpose. Its getting to the point where every time I post something, I have to go through several posts of how what you think I said is untrue. You aren't the only one. Its a syndrome I suspect.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

It's not hard at all to find you saying something that isn't true, Harte.

That is a complete falsehood. And it sure doesn't take "the most dense idiot" to know that. When asked for any evidence at all to support your outlandish claim, you had none. Only that you read it in a magazine published by Penthouse in the 1970s.

Yet such a post of yours does exist. Or is that your idea of obvious sarcasm?

You have yet to show that a single thing I stated in that post was false, yet you claim that it was.

That is in itself a falsehood far greater than any you imagine I have made.

Harte

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Actually, your quote here is a total falsehood! He said he read something in a magazine and mentioned no such numbers. Its OK, I don't think you do this on purpose. Its getting to the point where every time I post something, I have to go through several posts of how what you think I said is untrue. You aren't the only one. Its a syndrome I suspect.

Actually, by saying "most abductions are from large cities, and most of those are from high rise apartments in NYC,"
Harte is indeed saying that at least 26% are from high rises in NYC. Which isn't true, and there's no evidence to support it.

You see, the definition of most is: "almost all, the majority".

So, if most abductions are from large cities, most means the majority, at least 51%.

And if most of those come from high rises in NYC, most of that 51% means at least 26%, At least. Most of 51% is anywhere from 26% to 50%.

I can only respond to the words people use, and words have definitions.

If Harte still contends that 26% -50% of alien abductions are from high rise apartments in New York City, let's see him find any evidence, any link, any study, any quote that supports his claim.

I suggest he go directly to New York City and begin his research. And while he's there, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SENSEYE

What is needed is document evidence. Follow the reports up from FAA, USAF and NORAD, to see if they have detected anything usual.

The MUFON analysis and FAA radar information from the Stephenville case in 2008 is well worth a look and Aerospace engineer Dr Wallace Fowler reckons the object was pulling 43 G's.

A new view of Stephenville

Unfortunately, Robert Powell claims that because of this case the FAA now refuse to release specific radar information through the FOIA citing 'a threat to national airspace' so if that's true then researchers will not be able to follow anything up (NORAD is now exempt from the FOIA as well).

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Someone has to wade through the human excrement to find the few nuggets of UFO Gold! I say let MUFON do it!

MUFON still hasn't released the photographs involved in this case and I have no idea why - apparently a huge, gunmetal gray football-shaped object with flashing blue and red lights released 5 or 6 bright yellow triangular objects (which flew around independently) and then landed on the ice on Lake Erie.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Actually, by saying "most abductions are from large cities, and most of those are from high rise apartments in NYC,"
Harte is indeed saying that at least 26% are from high rises in NYC. Which isn't true, and there's no evidence to support it.

So, if most abductions are from large cities, most means the majority, at least 51%.

And if most of those come from high rises in NYC, most of that 51% means at least 26%, At least. Most of 51% is anywhere from 26% to 50%.

If Harte still contends that 26% -50% of alien abductions are from high rise apartments in New York City, let's see him find any evidence, any link, any study, any quote that supports his claim.

I suggest he go directly to New York City and begin his research. And while he's there, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.

Congratulations. I think this the lamest argument I have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Congratulations. I think this the lamest argument I have ever seen.

I'm sorry to waste your time with accuracy.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: SENSEYE

What is needed is document evidence. Follow the reports up from FAA, USAF and NORAD, to see if they have detected anything usual.

The MUFON analysis and FAA radar information from the Stephenville case in 2008 is well worth a look and Aerospace engineer Dr Wallace Fowler reckons the object was pulling 43 G's.

A new view of Stephenville

Unfortunately, Robert Powell claims that because of this case the FAA now refuse to release specific radar information through the FOIA citing 'a threat to national airspace' so if that's true then researchers will not be able to follow anything up (NORAD is now exempt from the FOIA as well).

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Someone has to wade through the human excrement to find the few nuggets of UFO Gold! I say let MUFON do it!

MUFON still hasn't released the photographs involved in this case and I have no idea why - apparently a huge, gunmetal gray football-shaped object with flashing blue and red lights released 5 or 6 bright yellow triangular objects (which flew around independently) and then landed on the ice on Lake Erie.

Great post, very informative. Funny how debunkers refuse to regard any of this as evidence, it is quite compelling,

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you combed through my posts here at ATS but were unable to find a single instance of me posting anything at all that even the most dense idiot could construe in any way as a falsehood.

It's not hard at all to find you saying something that isn't true, Harte. And it sure doesn't take "the most dense idiot" to know that. When asked for any evidence at all to support your outlandish claim, you had none.

Well welcome to "the most dense idiot" club Scdfa.

Now currently at 4 proud honorary members:

Pure nonsense. That is a complete falsehood and you don't have any evidence to support your outlandish claim.

originally posted by: tanka418
LOL!!!
Seriously man, where did you get that stat?!!? I'm asking just like the others! That stat, is of course completely made up

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
wow...I wonder where you got that stat from

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
Wow some totally asinine claims being made here about abductions

Boy has that claim risen out of the murky depths to haunt you.
No hard feelings but Harte, you set yourself up with that one. lol

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Well welcome to "the most dense idiot" club Scdfa.

Now currently at 4 proud honorary members:

Why, thank you! I couldn't be more proud. Are there union dues? Do we get T-shirts?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Great post, very informative. Funny how debunkers refuse to regard any of this as evidence, it is quite compelling,
Seth Shostak got MUFON to admit their own bull$*^% on Larry King live.

They mentioned two separate blips on radar indicating a speed of about 2000 miles per hour (They said 1900 mph on Larry King and 2100mph in their written report) and Shostak asked them isn't it possible that's 2000 miles per hour claim is totally false and those two blips have nothing to do with each other?

Anybody with half a brain who knows how radar works when tracking objects realizes a flying object doesn't just make one blip here and another one blip there. I frankly think they were both idiots to have made that claim in the first place and it destroys their credibility to have made it. The only thing that slightly salvages their credibility is their admission to Shostak on this video that their claimed speed may indeed be totally false (and I'll add there's pretty close to zero chance it's true):

Larry King Live:Stephenville UFO Case Revisited (Part2/3)

So first of all the radar data does not support the 2000 mph claim but even if it did, we had aircraft that could travel that fast 50 years ago so how does that make it alien? I've got nothing against things going 2000 miles an hour even 50 years ago, but I do have a problem with incompetents that interpret two single separate radar returns. with no track before, after, or in-between those two points as an object tracked by radar moving at a velocity.

Obviously some people saw some things they don't understand that night, but the witness reports aren't even that consistent with each other in this case so it's got more questions than answers.

edit on 31-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

No union dues, T - shirts and hats on the way plus I'm negotiating having some Harte bobbleheads made.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

You put "Shostak" and "credibilty" in the same sentence.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
That argument fails because he just asks them a question.

MUFON's own answer refutes their own claim which as the thread title suggests sort of makes them look like a joke.

The question could have been asked by anybody. It's MUFON's response which you should note.

edit on 1-4-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join