It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona woman thankful stranger killed her son during attack

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Only she can know that. It's misleading to say it was a kid that was shot when it was a 29 year old man. Big difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

These guys only change their minds about "the criminal is always innocent no matter what" when these kinds of crimes happen to them.

It is a shame that that's what it takes for them to finally decide to put on their big boy pants and see that reality isn't as pretty as they would like to believe.

Perhaps-and this is totally related to the topic of intervening to save a life-the liberals that love the murderers and rapists so much need to start wearing shirts that say "LIBERAL" in large letters so that law abiding citizens know to let whatever is happening to the liberal (rape,murder,robbery,etc.) continue and just walk away.

You know,since they hate law abiding citizens and the police so much.

(by these guys-I mean the posters making excuses for the slasher)

edit on 26-3-2015 by FalcoFan because: forgot to add these guys

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You chose like me to click on the link.

As an adult-I just don't blame others for my choices.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

When I say I am very for guns used for defense this is the scenario I have in mind.

Meanwhile in another thread from today you said:

originally posted by: intrptr
His intent to murder somebody should be the issue, not whatever means he employed.

Unless you listen to the main stream.

So when a gun is used to stop an attack, it proves the benefit of gun ownership but when a 13 year-old kid murders his brother with a gun (that he shouldn't have had access to imo), the gun isn't an issue?

Where's the logic in that? Why is this story newsworthy but the other story is agenda driven? I'm all for responsible gun ownership but it seems to me that a lot of people fetishize guns and so are lacking objectivity.
edit on 2015-3-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
He could have shot the kid in the legs and then disarmed him.

You don't get to decide how the individual chooses to defend themself or another.

It's not up to you and your opinion is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Yeah that's messed up, but promoting this story is just gonna lead to more people being shot by those guys with a 'home defense weapon' or the like, and shooting killing someone they find 'suspicious'....

The kid maybe didn't need to be shot, but yeeeeehaw right?

The guy saved an innocent person's life and you somehow twist it around to mock gun owners. What is wrong with you??

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Maybe its just the way i was raised but when referring to a womans offspring as a kid no matter the age of said individual.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

You may disagree with me but don't ever tell me my opinion is irrelevant. I stand by my opinion and I won't cave just to fit in with the crowd.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

yeah...I am kind of for gun control...but if this is indeed the situation and the initial shot did nothing to stop him, then what other choice was there?

So as of this moment, I say if this story is as it stands than thank goodness he fired

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

As of January, I changed from psychotherapy to behavioral therapy (which in my state) includes what we call MISA. Mental health and Substance Abuse.

My primary goal is to cease substance abuse but you are not typically able to stop substance abuse unless you stop the underlying concerns, so MISA therapists have to work on both at the same time.

I love my job...LOVE IT...but there are some things that the general public and armchair psychologists need to learn

1. You WILL not win them all. In fact, with MISA, a great deal of your clients will be parole/probation and many of them will NOT want what I am "selling." Relapse to drugs and alcohol is the rule, not the exception to the rule. It happens a lot. People get clean and go right back. Heck some people get clean for 15 years then return. It doesn't take a lot. Point is we fight an often losing-battle. Make no mistake though, I love my job and love what I do.

2. Drugs, combinations of drugs and drugs on top of an already mentally ill person can be insanely dangerous. I know...KyoZero wants to legalize pot. Yes I do.

But when you take someone who has either used severe hallucinogens/dissociatives to the point that they have broken the person's internal chemistry OR if that same person has emotional difficulties and uses those drugs OR if in many case, a person who had no issue before smokes/inhales/injects the wrong thing, you are straight headed for a disaster.

I do speeches around the region on MISA and other topics and people have asked me a question a lot. And my answer takes a millisecond...

Q: If you could banish one drug and make sure it NEVER comes back...which drug would it be?
A: Spice

period...Spice and other designer compounds can turn an otherwise safe person into a wildly irrational and extremely dangerous person with one...single...use. I've been on the receiving end of attacks in the ER where a friend/family member tells me later that their loved one smoked some "designer/fake/synthetic" marijuana.

The point of all this is...

That kid, and I AM sorry for his loss, was extremely dangerous and about to finish a job of killing someone he loved/knew. A great deal of the time, those drugs, especially in combination, make you relatively impervious to defense. Pepper spray/Mace/stun guns are so worthless in a lot of these situations. Sadly, sometimes in that immediate situation, the only thing you can do to stop it, is to stop it mechanically...which means that person is killed.

In the hospital is a WHOLE different story. We have a host of drugs that can put down a 400lb, muscle bound, spice user in all of a few minutes. Geodon, Zyprexa (to a lesser extent), Ativan, Haldol and the big boy, Ketamine are around...

Chances are the neighbor didn't have those solutions and a syringe...

Sorry he is gone....and I am not a huge gun nut...but this was the only way.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
A reply to: Chickensalad

I agree 100% that the policy of putting people in prison for drugs instead of treating whatever pushed them to drugs in the first place is primarily responsible for many of the problems we're having with our society.

It was known very early on by the US government that mental health problems where the driving force behind illicit drug use but they decided that declaring "war on drugs" and imprisoning users was a more profitable solution.

but not all drug addicts have mental health issues. Some are just addicts. Not to mention that unless the person wants treatment, no amount of rehab will work. Period.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Fabulous post! But sadly many will not hear the message.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yeah that's messed up, but promoting this story is just gonna lead to more people being shot by those guys with a 'home defense weapon' or the like, and shooting killing someone they find 'suspicious'....

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree with you more. Promoting this story is not going to increase the number of people being shot because someone finds them "suspicious."

This story had nothing to do with anyone being "suspicious" but it had everything to do with a deranged man trying to not only stab his own mother with a box cutter, but also literally trying to rip the wound open and rip her throat out.

Btw, your "yeeeeeehaw" comment at the end, what is that about. What does "yeeeeeeehaw" have to do with this story or the tragic assault this mother went through?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Btw, your "yeeeeeehaw" comment at the end, what is that about. What does "yeeeeeeehaw" have to do with this story or the tragic assault this mother went through?

Trolling is all that was about. It was bait.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

What would have been your ideal ending to this attack?

While I am decidedly not anti gun, I can answer that one for ya.

The neighbor tackles the guy and despite the meth fueled rage and being slashed by the box cutter, wrestles him out of the car, restrains him and after the kid calms down, they sit there on the sidewalk, have a good talk, the guy realizes he has a drug problem and promises to get help. After getting out of rehab, he goes on to lead a fulfilling life and he and his mother rediscover their loving relationship.

Meanwhile in the real world......

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter

originally posted by: Answer
A reply to: Chickensalad

I agree 100% that the policy of putting people in prison for drugs instead of treating whatever pushed them to drugs in the first place is primarily responsible for many of the problems we're having with our society.

It was known very early on by the US government that mental health problems where the driving force behind illicit drug use but they decided that declaring "war on drugs" and imprisoning users was a more profitable solution.

but not all drug addicts have mental health issues. Some are just addicts. Not to mention that unless the person wants treatment, no amount of rehab will work. Period.

I agree but our government tends to prefer a "broad brush" approach to legislating.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ohhh ok. Your an idiot. Maybe he should not have been trying to kill his Mother. reply to: Prezbo369

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Its funny how Americans criticize the police for shooting people for what they perceive as excessive force. or using their guns when talking or restraining a perp could of been used.

Because a couple of people on this thread said to the effect "thank god for the gun owner"

And yes that could be said.....however, Americans rely on their guns and are usless at dealing with violent situation without them.

So, no I wont congratulate the "hero" with his gun....I would say, a life lost because you were an American!!

Oh I know this will annoy a lot of people....but I really do not care!! My opinion thanks to your first amendment rights I can say what i like without regard for anyone's feelings.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Very sad story....sad for the mother to be thankful for the death of her son he must have on many occasion put her through hell,.....it does beg the question was this a case of bad parenting leading to the sons obvious addiction and mental issues or was the boy just off the rails and pre-disposed to addiction or should i say was it purely self inflicted........or was the mother off the rails and her son was the way he was through her conditioning....?

Either way sad story,the lady was lucky the neighbor was around and had the ability to help her as it would seem he saved the woman's life...

Stories like this do not give me much faith in the way our society is heading there is way too much anger,hate and inequality out there......

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Its funny how Americans criticize the police for shooting people for what they perceive as excessive force. or using their guns when talking or restraining a perp could of been used.

Because a couple of people on this thread said to the effect "thank god for the gun owner"

And yes that could be said.....however, Americans rely on their guns and are usless at dealing with violent situation without them.

So, no I wont congratulate the "hero" with his gun....I would say, a life lost because you were an American!!

Oh I know this will annoy a lot of people....but I really do not care!! My opinion thanks to your first amendment rights I can say what i like without regard for anyone's feelings.

First amendment rights dose not excuse someone from being an asshole. First amendment rights does not negate one's responsibility of of one's words.

And sine you said "your" one can assume you are not an American, thus making your entire statement , a moot point. actually that makes it quite funny!
edit on 26-3-2015 by Justaposter because: decided to say more!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join