It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona woman thankful stranger killed her son during attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Having some experience you cannot help an addict..only the addict can help themselves..ie they have to really want it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: Answer
Everything you described could have happened in a matter of seconds. You're simply trying to make the story more convoluted than it is.

And the cutting of a throat takes how long exactly?

When someone is putting up a fight, as she was, in the restricted confines of a vehicle, as they were, it isn't as easy as you think, Rambo. Obviously he did slash her throat but she was lucky and survived the wounds.

You've painted an imaginary scenario in your head to justify your opinion.
edit on 3/26/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The armchair quarterbacking here is not overly amusing.
In summary : Ahole tried to kill his mother..luck she is not the one dead.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The armchair quarterbacking here is not overly amusing.
In summary : Ahole tried to kill his mother..luck she is not the one dead.

Yes.

I am completely dumbfounded that people would actually suggest that the psychopath trying to reach into an open wound to rip out his own mother's windpipe deserved anything less than to be stopped immediately with deadly force.

Some people clearly draw their opinions from an alternate reality.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

When someone is putting up a fight, as she was, in the restricted confines of a vehicle, as they were, it isn't as easy as you think, Rambo. Obviously he did slash her throat but she was lucky and survived the wounds.

Sure, while driving a car it's easy to defend yourself against an attack you may or may not be anticipating.

And he apparently managed to put his hands inside of the wound he created when slashing at her throat.....but the neighbor that was informed of the attack by another person, managed to grab his gun and get out there before shouting a warning and shooting the son dead.

I'm sure this all sounds 100% legit to you, another case of guns winning the day, but to a critical eye this may sound extremely fishy, as it does to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sure, while driving a car it's easy to defend yourself against an attack you may or may not be anticipating.

And he apparently managed to put his hands inside of the wound he created when slashing at her throat.....but the neighbor that was informed of the attack by another person, managed to grab his gun and get out there before shouting a warning and shooting the son dead.

I'm sure this all sounds 100% legit to you, another case of guns winning the day, but to a critical eye this may sound extremely fishy, as it does to me.

Ok...so the mom is in on it and covering for the guy that just killed her son. It's a conspiracy to pro gun enthusiasts everywhere to jump on board this story and start killing people in the streets.

How many gun shot victims have you had on your street since this story broke? They must be piling up already because this story is glorifying a gun toting wild west scenario that every gun owner wants to play out...../sarcasm

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The article says the attacker stated "I just want to give you a kiss..." which probably means the vehicle was stopped at the time. The attack occurred and she obviously was fighting back.

Your "critical eye" is fueled by ignorance and an agenda. You'll see what you want to see no matter how clearly the facts are presented.

You're an excellent example of extremism. You are so eager to push your beliefs that you ignore facts and twist a scenario to fit whatever point you're trying to make.

Whether you're anti-gun or pro-gun, when an attack this heinous occurs, a rational person must agree that it's a good thing the attacker was stopped. Instead, you want to paint the scenario to be something it's not just to bash guns. Incredible.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
Hmm Im not a gun nut by any means..truth is I believe america has a gun problem but it has naught to do with this. You can imagine the possible outcomes however you wish..I belive as do most the mother would be expired if the neigboor had not intervened. End of story.
If your looking for a WTF thread with a gun(small part of the issue) maybee check out the child shooting his 2 sibling over a food issue.

edit on 26-3-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Having some experience you cannot help an addict..only the addict can help themselves..ie they have to really want it.
It's a sad reality unfortunately. You can't help someone who doesn't want it. I've lost a few friends to drug addiction (They're not dead, just disowned). I did everything I could to help them, but at some point I just realized that they didn't want the help. So I gave up and cut ties.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Ok...so the mom is in on it and covering for the guy that just killed her son.

I didn't say or suggest anything like that, just that the story doesn't make sense.

It's a conspiracy to pro gun enthusiasts everywhere to jump on board this story and start killing people in the streets.

Now that just sounds like paranoid projection...

How many gun shot victims have you had on your street since this story broke? They must be piling up already because this story is glorifying a gun toting wild west scenario that every gun owner wants to play out...../sarcasm

Good one....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

another case of guns winning the day

A gun is inanimate object and doesn't win or loose anything.

but to a critical eye this may sound extremely fishy, as it does to me.

Yep, and I am out of this thread,

every thread has to be like this having a for an against, its sparks debate, sometimes intelligent other times like this instance or this post just plain old trolling or agenda driven garbage.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hmm Im not a gun nut by any means..truth is I believe america has a gun problem but it has naught to do with this. You can imagine the possible outcomes however you wish..I belive as do most the mother would be expired if the neigboor had not intervened. End of story.
If your looking for a WTF thread with a gun(small part of the issue) maybee check out the child shooting his 2 sibling over a food issue.

I just said the story as it has been told didn't make much sense, and I haven't imagined any possible outcomes.

However I do believe the promotion of this 'story' doesn't help make the world a better place and may encourage others to shoot without hesitation, leading to the death of innocent people as has happened many times before.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I didn't say or suggest anything like that, just that the story doesn't make sense.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is how a person could do this to their own mother.

If the bystander had grabbed a crowbar, baseball bat, or piece of pipe and hit the attacker over the head, killing him, would you still have such a strong opinion about this story?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

may encourage others to shoot without hesitation, leading to the death of innocent people as has happened many times before.

Can you cite some examples of those "many times before" where innocent people have been killed by a person trying to help someone who was being brutally attacked?

I'll wait...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
A gun is inanimate object and doesn't win or loose anything.

Would you preffer if I had said 'the use of'?

Would that change anything?

Yep, and I am out of this thread

Oh well, thanks for informing no-one that asked...

every thread has to be like this having a for an against, its sparks debate, sometimes intelligent other times like this instance or this post just plain old trolling or agenda driven garbage.

Yurp everyone that disagrees with you, obviously has an agenda....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It's a conspiracy to pro gun enthusiasts everywhere to jump on board this story and start killing people in the streets.

Now that just sounds like paranoid projection...

Good one....

Your words from your very first post in this thread:

Yeah that's messed up, but promoting this story is just gonna lead to more people being shot by those guys with a 'home defense weapon' or the like, and shooting killing someone they find 'suspicious'....

The kid maybe didn't need to be shot, but yeeeeehaw right?

So someone slashing away at their victim is just "suspicious" to you? At what point does he pass the "suspicion" standard and become a real threat in your eyes? Does the mom have to die and he attack another person for this to occur?

I simply stated what you said in your first thread, so if you are pointing a paranoid projection comment somewhere it sounds like you directed it to yourself.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I get what your saying, I disagree on this one but I have read threads that were "feel good" gun storys. Im not getting that vibe here at all. Im getting the tragedy of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The article says the attacker stated "I just want to give you a kiss..." which probably means the vehicle was stopped at the time. The attack occurred and she obviously was fighting back.

The news report says the attack was witnessed whilst the car was being driven.

Your "critical eye" is fueled by ignorance and an agenda. You'll see what you want to see no matter how clearly the facts are presented.

This is facts being clearly displayed to you?......and yeah sure, another one that thinks anyone that has a different position to you, especially on guns it seems, has an agenda....wow.

You're an excellent example of extremism. You are so eager to push your beliefs that you ignore facts and twist a scenario to fit whatever point you're trying to make.

Another person unable to distinguish between belief and believe....there are no beliefs here, not on my part at least.

Whether you're anti-gun or pro-gun, when an attack this heinous occurs, a rational person must agree that it's a good thing the attacker was stopped. Instead, you want to paint the scenario to be something it's not just to bash guns. Incredible.

It's very good he was stopped, to insinuate I am thinking anything other than that is disingenuous.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Your words from your very first post in this thread:

Yeah that's messed up, but promoting this story is just gonna lead to more people being shot by those guys with a 'home defense weapon' or the like, and shooting killing someone they find 'suspicious'....

The kid maybe didn't need to be shot, but yeeeeehaw right?

So someone slashing away at their victim is just "suspicious" to you? At what point does he pass the "suspicion" standard and become a real threat in your eyes? Does the mom have to die and he attack another person for this to occur?

I simply stated what you said in your first thread, so if you are pointing a paranoid projection comment somewhere it sounds like you directed it to yourself.

Hmm seems you would need my reply explaining to you for some reason.

Re-read the part where I said:

this story is just gonna lead to more people being shot by those guys with a 'home defense weapon' or the like, and shooting killing someone they find 'suspicious

See how I said this story is gonna lead to the things I mention? and not that this story is regarding those things?

Weak attempt.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

This is facts being clearly displayed to you?......and yeah sure, another one that thinks anyone that has a different position to you, especially on guns it seems, has an agenda....wow.

Your agenda is painfully obvious. Only now that you've been called out are you backpeddling and pretending that you meant something else. Typical.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join