It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona woman thankful stranger killed her son during attack

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I came into this thread with a certain opinion of gun nuts, it's fair to say that opinion has been confirmed…..

And yet, if someone broke into your home and threatened your family you'd call 911 hoping 'men with guns' (the police) would stop them, right?

In your Utopia, the only thing you can grab to defend yourself is a phone.

Good luck with that. The police respond to crime scenes, but rarely arrive in time to stop it.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
America - get a f**king grip.

You need to treat mental health issues. And you need to help people with mental health issues REGARDLESS of if they have the money to pay for it.

Your health care system is a sick joke. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why things like this happen so often in America. The solution is to help these people BEFORE the illness gets out of hand, not wait until they are completely psychotic and shoot them dead. PREVENTION, PEOPLE.

Let me know when any Healthcare system catches all the crazies before they kill.

While you're at it, you should send boko haram and IS an email letting them know you understand them and it's just a mental illness.

In a utopia this would happen....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Funny how this thread turned into an anti gun thread with hardly any mention of the opiates this kid was addicted to but when someone kills them self with a gun after eating some cannabis it's all about the cannabis.
edit on 28-3-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh you

I live in a country where mental health is treated appropriately, and guess what? People aren't going out massacring innocent people on a regular basis. Or slitting their mother's throat in a psychotic frenzy.

In England that guy would have been sectioned under the mental health act BEFORE he could hurt anyone.

You're clueless. The solution is to prevent the need to use that gun in the first place.
edit on 28 3 15 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I came into this thread with a certain opinion of gun nuts, it's fair to say that opinion has been confirmed…..

And yet, if someone broke into your home and threatened your family you'd call 911 hoping 'men with guns' (the police) would stop them, right?

In your Utopia, the only thing you can grab to defend yourself is a phone.

Good luck with that. The police respond to crime scenes, but rarely arrive in time to stop it.

Seems like you and other gun proponents live in a constant fear of death, that someone is going to break into you home (or something similar) and attack you at any moment.....

This is what happens when you buy into the right's propaganda and watch nothing but fox news.....and duck dynasty.

Are you purposly attempting to fit into the stereotype?

And do you only feel safe with a gun?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Read up on Hitler and how he took away guns and you may understand DY's statement.

Bringing up Hitler or the Nazi's is a fallacy that indicates you have nowhere else to go.

So...how do YOU interpret the constitution on the right to bear arms....short sleeves? It's simply a spelling mistake? Bare/Bear?

It (the right to 'bare arms') was required at the time......but is irrelevant in 2015, heck it's been irreleventsince the wild west was won....

Times change, massively, and unless such things are updated with the times they become irreverent or even a rock tied around our necks holding us back.

Either way....doesn't matter....your views are not held by the majority of US citizens nor are they supported by the US Constitution by which US citizens are bound. So opinion really doesn't matter in this argument....law does.

Yes popularity is key.....

edit on 28-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Of course the Father isn't/wasn't around.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Not anymore than I worry about owning a hammer to pound nails with.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Not anymore than I worry about owning a hammer to pound nails with.

I have no idea what you just said.....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Is that a hint of racism/prejudice I smell?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

"Feelings" associated with inanimate objects are inappropriate.

I don't feel any different about a hammer or a gun. You however seem quite content to accuse others and impose your feelings about them in every response.

Thats whats wrong with the world these days, imposing your mind frame on others, accusing them of fitting into your mold is dangerous as hell. Thats paranoia, thats what you direct towards others, you fear of firearms, that they will do something to harm you.

So you want to 'take them away' from everyone else so you can 'feel' safer.

If fear is actually your motive…

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Is it?

I felt it was an observation, what race was the guy, I never bothered to check, but if it fancies you, I had assumed white.

Nothing to do with race but with family dynamics.

Perhaps you are projecting onto me?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Is it?

I felt it was an observation, what race was the guy, I never bothered to check, but if it fancies you, I had assumed white.

No the mention of missing fathers is a common amongst those prejudiced towards certain minorities so it wasn't a stab in the dark by any means.

Infact it's so common I'm quite certain you were at the very least aware of it.

The thread topic has attracted many folk that fit the associated stereotypes, including the average racist/white supremacist and I did think that was the case here.

However if that is not the case I do apologize.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

"Feelings" associated with inanimate objects are inappropriate.

You're not an inanimate object though.....?

I asked you, not the gun.....wth

I don't feel any different about a hammer or a gun. You however seem quite content to accuse others and impose your feelings about them in every response.

So when you gave the following hypothetical situation:

You were arguing in favor of either hammers or guns?....

Thats whats wrong with the world these days, imposing your mind frame on others, accusing them of fitting into your mold is dangerous as hell. Thats paranoia, thats what you direct towards others, you fear of firearms, that they will do something to harm you.

Stop playing the victim, i've not imposed anything upon you other than maybe a sense of inadequacy.

So you want to 'take them away' from everyone else so you can 'feel' safer.

If fear is actually your motive…

Again nothing but sheer projection, you own guns because you fear your home being invaded (despite the chances are around the same as you being struck by lighting...) and when asked if you only feel safe with a gun, you ignore the question.

And you also fear those with different opinions regarding firearms are going to try to remove you en mass from the country.....it'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Again nothing but sheer projection, you own guns because you fear your home being invaded (despite the chances are around the same as you being struck by lighting...) and when asked if you only feel safe with a gun, you ignore the question.

And you also fear those with different opinions regarding firearms are going to try to remove you en mass from the country.....it'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Prezbo you are so full of # its it would also be funny if it was not so tragic. You may live in a nice safe community, but this may come as shocking to you... wait for it...

NOT EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY DOES!

This incident happened in what would be considered a safe community, and here you have a doped up adult male attempting to slash and rip out his own mothers throat. The point is you never know when you are called upon to do your duty as a citizen and stop a criminal from attacking a victim. Or when someone else will be around to stop a criminal from making you a victim.

Give us an example of how you would handle a situation in which you happen to be out of your comfort safe/exclusion zone and are approached and subsequently attacked by lets say a group of deviants?? And I mean after your done crapping yourself because you realize the police will not be there in ten seconds and are not armed.

All over this country everyday women use a gun to stop larger and stronger men from raping or victimizing them in some way. the elderly use them the same way. An other grown adults who understand what the world really is like outside of a nice deed restricted gated community.

And maybe other posted did not answer your question but I will. I do not feel safe even with a gun. To me the feeling of safety equals allowing myself to become vulnerable. I am cheerful and respectful of anyone I meet stranger or not, but that does not mean for one minute I trust their intentions. I dont know what they are concealing or what their motives are this day. So I keep an eye on everyone.

Maybe you have not had to live in a community where your home was burglarized, your neighbors have been stabbed, junkies loiter the streets angrily demanding money, delinquent youth push drugs and look for fights. Yes I got away from that when I was old enough to move away, but that does not mean I suddenly believe that the world became a fairy tale of safety and harmony where innocent law abiding citizens and crazed violent junkies are going to sit on for a picnic and discuss the mental health issues of the attacker.

shoulda, coulda, woulda is an absolutely mute argument here because a violent attack on someones life did occur. As a result, this attacker immediately forfeited his own life. A dutiful citizen did the right thing and saved a life. However in your twisted world utopia in a world without guns, this innocent mother would have been dead. Is this the outcome you are looking for??

Your POV can only come to this conclusion. I understand you would have just sat there and attempted to talk some sense into a crazed methed out junkie violently attacking a woman's life (not likely), I am sure you would have just ran away like a coward and called the police, and then somehow blame them when they did not arrive in time. I am not a mind reader or putting words in your mouth. It is just my observations of your view and opinions on this matter logically concludes that this woman would be dead if YOU were the neighbor close by.

I got my first taste of this world when I was five years old and my home was burgled . Then two years later I was held captive by a deranged teenager at the age of seven at the once grand Tampa Bay mall with a knife on my throat. I grew up knowing I would own a gun because I will not become a victim of crime ever again. AS an adult though I have already fought with another person who had a knife even though I had a gun. Im man enough to know when I need to draw a gun, and I also happen to be skilled at handling a blade. I could tell the idiot did not. My new doctrine is to only draw my firearm when threatened by another, or if I am surrounded. I have only ever had to draw my gun in anger once because I was surrounded by six people. Imagine their reaction when I let them know I got at least two for each of yall, now just feck off. They left.

My point of that rant is you do not get to decide for the rest of the citizenry whether guns are valid as a defense weapon or not just because you have not been a victim of crime, or violent crime and you feel safe in your nice community. If there were no need for guns, the police would not have them. End of story. I give up guns when the police do, and even then I will still have guns hidden somewhere.

The gun saved this womans life, and killed a junkie attempted murderer. How on Earth is it that you are on the side of the violent criminal and making accusations against the victim?? Thats is not the voice of reason or logic. Not just to me, but virtually everyone who has read your comments and any rational person.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Is it?

No the mention of missing fathers is a common amongst those prejudiced towards certain minorities so it wasn't a stab in the dark by any means.

Infact it's so common I'm quite certain you were at the very least aware of it.

The thread topic has attracted many folk that fit the associated stereotypes, including the average racist/white supremacist and I did think that was the case here.

However if that is not the case I do apologize.

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HE MEANT BY IT. Nice assumptions. You know what they say about those right? I don't want to get an infraction, but how about you keep an open mind and stop being ignorant.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Read up on Hitler and how he took away guns and you may understand DY's statement.

Bringing up Hitler or the Nazi's is a fallacy that indicates you have nowhere else to go.

So...how do YOU interpret the constitution on the right to bear arms....short sleeves? It's simply a spelling mistake? Bare/Bear?

It (the right to 'bare arms') was required at the time......but is irrelevant in 2015, heck it's been irreleventsince the wild west was won....

Times change, massively, and unless such things are updated with the times they become irreverent or even a rock tied around our necks holding us back.

Either way....doesn't matter....your views are not held by the majority of US citizens nor are they supported by the US Constitution by which US citizens are bound. So opinion really doesn't matter in this argument....law does.

Yes popularity is key.....

I didn't bring Hitler up...try rereading the thread. He was brought up before and referenced by you in a post.

Times do change...so you're saying the Constitution is irrelevant now?

Tired of your trolling in this thread. The guy deserved to die and anti gun whacks like you don't seem to understand when lethal force should be used.

Like I said earlier though, your opinion doesn't really matter as this is a Constitutional right for all Americans. If you don't like it then don't own a gun, but don't preach your BS about how bad owning one is to me. Your opinion is of no consequence to what this country was founded on.

I can speak for myself on my own gun ownership. I have guns. I have never had to use them in a life threatening situation. I will continue to own guns. If I have to use one in a life threatening situation, I will.

If you have to use one in a life threatening situation, unfortunately you will likely be the victim in the story. I hope that day never comes for you or me, however, if it does, I will be prepared. Fact is there are criminals that will do whatever it takes for what you have. Talking them out of it doesn't work.

Enjoy your utopia! If you don't like the way the US is run, then change it. I vote for my rights and seems they are still around. Seems you aren't trying hard enough to have them taken away.....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You're not an inanimate object though…..?

Forgive me, trying to fathom the persons mindset that can't differentiate between people and things.

Stop playing the victim, i've not imposed anything upon you other than maybe a sense of inadequacy.

You don't do it, but you do it. In one sentence…

priceless

and when asked if you only feel safe with a gun, you ignore the question.

You're the one crying about what others own.
edit on 28-3-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
WOAH, wOAH , wOAH... ok guys you can step back and give me some room to breathe here. This is not addressed to anyone who has posted in this thread. I was j/k guys, you can give me fifty feet ok.

man, I suppose they did add states to the damn Jade Helm operation. got nothing better to do than interrupt my calm, sheesh.

my bad yo ok. no need to rush to paranoid conclusions here.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's apparent that there are many folk in this thread harbouring a deep fear and paranoia of being attacked and killed to the point where only the possession of firearms can make them feel safe.

The fear is so potent that even the suggestion that maybe their guns are not required inorder to live a normal life is met with people wishing evil things upon me and the suggestion that anyone making such a suggestion should be 'removed' from the country.....

Fear is the strongest emotion we have, and it seems it has control over vast sways of the population.

edit on 29-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join