It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona woman thankful stranger killed her son during attack

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thankful isn't the same as being happy about it. My own brother was on drugs when he was younger and there was one night that my mom swears he was possessed. That she heard him come inside and go to his room, she went to check on him and as she got to his room this low growl came from his passed out body. My point is that drugs turn people into something evil sometimes. I don't think she was happy that her son was killed, but thankful for her life and probably relieved in a way.

If I were her I would have been relieved that someone saved me as well, but that doesn't equal being happy about it. And obviously this kid was murderous, there is more to their story that may lead to feelings of relief that he was shot.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Then everybody is a kid? We are all some woman's offsrping.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So when a gun is used to stop an attack, it proves the benefit of gun ownership but when a 13 year-old kid murders his brother with a gun (that he shouldn't have had access to imo), the gun isn't an issue?

IMO, two totally different situations, both of them outside the norm.

Calvary hardly ever rides to the rescue, and kids hardly ever kill their own brother.

Its played up into a bigger issue than it is. For instance, does the main stream focus on automobiles because people use them to murder others intentionally? That would be too obvious, wouldn't it?

When police use a firearm in their line of duty (sometimes by just pointing it) the media doesn't say a gun stopped a crime… they say "police" stopped said crime.

We have been conditioned into gun=crime.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

He was going to kill her. He was literally trying to rip her throat out. He deserved to die. He deserved everything he got and more! You're a coward or a person with a corrupt mindset yourself. You're one of the many young punks that spout of " could of shot him in the leg and disarmed him." All you ever do is watch movies and play videogames. You weren't in the situation. You don't know how the neighbor felt. He saw this woman being attacked and did what was necessary to stop the threat!

Your kind are disgusting. You care more about the criminal than the victim. I hope people like you are met by some evil and then I don't want you crying victim when no one's there to help you! You're a fool.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not me man. Only the brain dead idiots think guns are the problem. People are the problem and certain elements of our society quite simply need to be gone. They're weeds and don't deserve to live among us. Put them in hard labor. This nation has become so pussified.
edit on 27-3-2015 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: soaringhawk

People are the problem and certain elements of our society quite simply need to be gone.

Thats what they think, too. Its not guns, its the citizens that own them. Thats what they really think. Making guns the problem is cover, afer all, theres nothing wrong with being a citizen.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Have you ever had to make the decision to pull or not to pull the trigger? The thought of shooting an person assauting you or others in the leg or arm is never going to enter your mind. Never. Ive been put into that situation and I shot where you aim to stop the threat. Center mast. Mine was a home invasion but the decision to pull or no is the same. You do what's needed to save or protect a life be it your's or others. At least I do.a reply to: Ancient Champion

edit on 27-3-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
Plus the mom shouldn't be so happy her son is dead.

He slashed her throat and was grabbing hold of her exposed windpipe to try and rip it out from her body...the kid was a worthless piece of crap...she and the world is better off IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: soaringhawk
He was going to kill her. He was literally trying to rip her throat out. He deserved to die. He deserved everything he got and more! You're a coward or a person with a corrupt mindset yourself. You're one of the many young punks that spout of " could of shot him in the leg and disarmed him." All you ever do is watch movies and play videogames. You weren't in the situation. You don't know how the neighbor felt. He saw this woman being attacked and did what was necessary to stop the threat!

Your kind are disgusting. You care more about the criminal than the victim. I hope people like you are met by some evil and then I don't want you crying victim when no one's there to help you! You're a fool.

originally posted by: soaringhawk
a reply to: intrptr
Not me man. Only the brain dead idiots think guns are the problem. People are the problem and certain elements of our society quite simply need to be gone. They're weeds and don't deserve to live among us. Put them in hard labor. This nation has become so pussified.

Well you certainly sound like a level headed and balanced individual that should own firearms.......was somebody asking about the 'yeeeeehaw' comment?.....

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: soaringhawk

People are the problem and certain elements of our society quite simply need to be gone.

Thats what they think, too. Its not guns, its the citizens that own them. Thats what they really think. Making guns the problem is cover, afer all, theres nothing wrong with being a citizen.

Is this typical of most/all gun advocates/owners?

You actually think you (gun advocates) are under threat like the one that soaringhawk made towards me, by people such as myself that do not think widespread ownership and use of firearms is ultimately a good thing?.....

Are you purposely attempting to demonstrate and prove my point for me?...
edit on 27-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The kid maybe didn't need to be shot? What would you have done? Called the police? I'm sure the son would've stopped and waited 5-10 minutes for them to arrive. Or maybe you could have reasoned with him! He seemed like a reasonable fellow.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

My comment was directed solely at soaring hawk, not you.

But since you posted to me-- Wide spread ownership of hammers is a good thing too, despite that some people use them to kill.

Its important to distinguish between murder weapons and willful intent. Big difference between the two, imo.

A gun is just a thing until its used in a crime by a person with willful intent. It doesn't matter if its a gun, a car or a knife. What matters is intent. Thats what causes crime, not things people use to commit the crime with.

edit on 27-3-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

My comment was directed solely at soaring hawk, not you.

But since you posted to me-- Wide spread ownership of hammers is a good thing too, despite that some people use them to kill.

Its important to distinguish between murder weapons and willful intent. Big difference between the two, imo.

A gun is just a thing until its used in a crime by a person with willful intent. It doesn't matter if its a gun, a car or a knife. What matters is intent. Thats what causes crime, not things people use to commit the crime with.

A gun is designed specifically to kill or maim, a hammer is designed to hit nails so your comparison doesn't quite work.

Will you answer the questions posed to you in my previous reply?
edit on 27-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Is this typical of most/all gun advocates/owners?

You actually think you (gun advocates) are under threat like the one that soaringhawk made towards me, by people such as myself that do not think widespread ownership and use of firearms is ultimately a good thing?.....

Are you purposely attempting to demonstrate and prove my point for me?...

Yes, people like you are in fact a direct threat to the constitution and you would gladly welcome fascism in this country. It is people like you who will be lining up to sell their neighbors out to gun confiscation. I dont deny a gun's primary purpose is to kill. But you could just as easily use a gun to hammer a nail in like a hammer (not frequently this would be bad depending on your particular brand of tool) just as you can use a hammer to smash in someones skull and murder them.

Do not make your beliefs known publicly when they attempt to begin confiscation, you wont be around long. In that scenario you would be the equivalent to NAZI sympathizers during WW2 Poland or France.
edit on 3/27/2015 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

Yes, people like you are in fact a direct threat to the constitution and you would gladly welcome fascism in this country. It is people like you who will be lining up to sell their neighbors out to gun confiscation. I dont deny a gun's primary purpose is to kill. But you could just as easily use a gun to hammer a nail in like a hammer (not frequently this would be bad depending on your particular brand of tool) just as you can use a hammer to smash in someones skull and murder them.

Do not make your beliefs known publicly when they attempt to begin confiscation, you wont be around long. In that scenario you would be the equivalent to NAZI sympathizers during WW2 Poland or France.

I came into this thread with a certain opinion of gun nuts, it's fair to say that opinion has been confirmed.....

Nazis? really? lol

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: DYepes

I came into this thread with a certain opinion of gun nuts, it's fair to say that opinion has been confirmed.....

Nazis? really? lol

Read up on Hitler and how he took away guns and you may understand DY's statement.

So...how do YOU interpret the constitution on the right to bear arms....short sleeves? It's simply a spelling mistake? Bare/Bear?

Either way....doesn't matter....your views are not held by the majority of US citizens nor are they supported by the US Constitution by which US citizens are bound. So opinion really doesn't matter in this argument....law does.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Who are you to tell anyone how they should feel? Why the hell should someone feel a certain way because it fits YOUR Point of view?

Ignorant.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

He could have shot the kid in the legs and then disarmed him.

Ignorant statement of the year award goes to!. . . . . . . . . Ancient Champion folks!!!!!!

If you are ignorant of how weapons are properly and effectively employed you should just, you know, keep your mouth shut. Until you are in a situation where you are armed (which judging from your post, will never happen in this lifetime or the next) and are in the same situation, you might want to be careful about giving advice. You shoot center-mass for a reason. The human torso is the biggest and easiest target to aim for when in a rapidly developing situation (IE, the guy stabbing slashing and trying to rip his mothers throat out from the inside, you know, stuff like that).

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You say this without any background. She could have had YEARS of terror and grief. Drug addiction is often a tool of evil. Evil can take advantage of the weaker soul and cause the person to do all sorts of bad things. She was clearly at the end. Sad story for sure.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
America - get a f**king grip.

You need to treat mental health issues. And you need to help people with mental health issues REGARDLESS of if they have the money to pay for it.

Your health care system is a sick joke. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why things like this happen so often in America. The solution is to help these people BEFORE the illness gets out of hand, not wait until they are completely psychotic and shoot them dead. PREVENTION, PEOPLE.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join