It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona woman thankful stranger killed her son during attack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Prezbo369
may encourage others to shoot without hesitation, leading to the death of innocent people as has happened many times before.

Can you cite some examples of those "many times before" where innocent people have been killed by a person trying to help someone who was being brutally attacked?

I'll wait...

So good of you....

Heres one:

Renisha McBride

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

This is facts being clearly displayed to you?......and yeah sure, another one that thinks anyone that has a different position to you, especially on guns it seems, has an agenda....wow.

Your agenda is painfully obvious. Only now that you've been called out are you backpeddling and pretending that you meant something else. Typical.

More claims of agenda lol

And where am I 'backpeddling'?...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

may encourage others to shoot without hesitation, leading to the death of innocent people as has happened many times before.

Can you cite some examples of those "many times before" where innocent people have been killed by a person trying to help someone who was being brutally attacked?

I'll wait...

So good of you....

Heres one:

Renisha McBride

Nice try but that's a completely different scenario. Some idiot shot a girl banging on his own door because he thought she was trying to break in.

I specifically asked you to provide examples of innocent people being shot by someone trying to come to the rescue of someone being attacked. It's okay to admit that you can't find any examples to support your nonsensical statement.
edit on 3/26/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why do people post crap like this? I don't come to this site because I am interested detailed snuff literature. I want to read about conspiracies. Where is the conspiracy in this? That drug addicts do deranged things?

Ruined my whole day. Now my chilli looks like an open necl wound. Thanks for the trauma.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I'm not anti-gun, I'm against people who think killing will solve all our problems.

Well, it apparently solved one problem at any rate.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Why do people post crap like this? I don't come to this site because I am interested detailed snuff literature. I want to read about conspiracies. Where is the conspiracy in this? That drug addicts do deranged things?

Ruined my whole day. Now my chilli looks like an open necl wound. Thanks for the trauma.

Perhaps you should tell the mods to turn off your "forced link click" option.

Mine is apparently broken.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Nice try but that's a completely different scenario. Some idiot shot a girl banging on his own door because he thought she was trying to break in.

Loudly knocking on the door is a great way to break into someones home, especially for a lady.

It's a case of someone shooting without hesitation, as I described....

I specifically asked you to provide examples of innocent people being shot by someone trying to come to the rescue of someone being attacked. It's okay to admit that you can't find any examples to support your nonsensical statement.

Oh I see you wanted an almost exact example?

Well I gave an example of the potential situation I described in my post...you don't seem to like it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Maybe I would just ask that the title disclose *warning graphic violence"

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Oh I see you wanted an almost exact example?

Well I gave an example of the potential situation I described in my post...you don't seem to like it.

You haven't backed up your statement.

You said that these sorts of completely justified shootings will lead to more unjustified shootings because of some imaginary scenario you've dreamed up.

That statement is nonsense and you can't back it up.

Will idiots shoot people from time to time because of pure stupidity? Yes.

Is there a link between justified shootings and an increase in stupidity-related shootings? No.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hey, if you don't want that chili, I'll take it. Just one question... beans or no beans?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is my last gun-related post in this thread and I apologize for participating in a massive derailment.

First, a link from the unbiased Pew Research Center:

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993

Second, a .gif showing the number of states that have added concealed carry permits since 1986:

Those are facts (noun)
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth:
ex: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened:
ex: Space travel is now a fact.
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true:
ex: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I love how easily divided everyone gets over an issue thats irrelevant to the story.

The gun was just a tool. Just as the boxcutter that was initially used.

Bad things happen everyday regardless of what tool was chosen.

The REAL issue isnt the tool, rather the person wielding it as a weapon towards his own mother. Thats what we should be discussing!

I see people brushing him off as a pyscho and what not. That may be true. I also read in the article that he had an addiction problem.

Why are we not discussing THOSE issues????

The obvious deterioration of the mental healthcare infrastructure. ...the a adverse symptoms of the war on drugs....

How the *#($ did this become another damn gun debate!?!?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A reply to: Chickensalad

I agree 100% that the policy of putting people in prison for drugs instead of treating whatever pushed them to drugs in the first place is primarily responsible for many of the problems we're having with our society.

It was known very early on by the US government that mental health problems where the driving force behind illicit drug use but they decided that declaring "war on drugs" and imprisoning users was a more profitable solution.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: starwarsisreal

I'm not anti-gun, I'm against people who think killing will solve all our problems.

Sometimes you have no choice though. its not hollywood where you can disable a attacker with perfect aim or a video game with a aim bot or VATS where you can shoot the wings off a fly. Real life is cruel and harsh. the kid learned it the hard way.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hey, if you don't want that chili, I'll take it. Just one question... beans or no beans?

Major beans. Slow cooked for 9 hours. Dont get me started on my chilli. My work mate would thank you if you took it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Hey well my apologies though. I mean I just read it wrong though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Plus the mom shouldn't be so happy her son is dead.

I have to assume you have never tried to hit a moving target or have insight as what happens if you miss (the bullet goes somewhere, hopefully not into another person) or get some nice fragmentation when you hit concrete.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

What kid? There was a 29 year old man that was shot. Doesn't say anything about a kid.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Her child will always be a kid in her eyes right?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Ksihkehe

And the anti gun apologists are gonna come in 5..4..3..2..1

In a serious note, while the son did try to harm the woman, she shouldn't be happy that a life especially her own son was taken away.

Why? Those are your values. Why should she have to share them?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join