It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I can't help you and your cognitive dissonance Randy, all I can do is post my beliefs which I have already done. They're actually very simple to understand if there are no preconceived notions getting in the way.

Jesus represents what we all are at a base level, the image of God, the image of the universe we see with. We are the universe experiencing itself. Not hard to understand at all, very simple. I'm sorry if my view of Jesus is different from yours, that doesn't mean I'm wishy washy though, it just means you are incapable of understanding it. Either that or you choose not to understand it.

I thought we were past this Randy but apparently my opinions hurt your feelings for some reason. Much love either way.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I told you straight brother, what bothers me. So your
redundant effort to cast CD on me isn't working. Stop
replying to me, so I can be done with this. Do that much
for me, K?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This will be my last reply to you because you asked.

My views aren't wishy washy at all. I've explained them clearly in two posts in this thread already, they may grow with time but that's because I'm always considering new possibilities. I seek truth, that involves considering and accepting new ideas. That may seem wishy washy to you but it's a sign that I'm not afraid of change. I embrace change and throwing out old ideas for newer and better ones.

I wish you luck. No need to reply.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

There you go patting yourself on the back again, I wouldn't give you the credit of striking a nerve as you say, that would be giving you credit... the truth is you rub me the wrong way...

more evidence of your self righteousness as you proclaim hell is fictitious as if your opinion trumps even that of God...

I see little to no truth in the inane mumblings you spew...

the Earth was formed from the birth of the Sun which is a star and has been bathed in its particles ever since...
even if God set into motion a plan for evolution from the Earth to cause man to come into being would therefore still make the statements from the Bible accurate...

So the evidence you asked for in your OP has been provided and the question answered...

in my opinion this thread is now dead...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Some genes 'foreign' in origin and not from our ancestors

www.sciencedaily.com...

In humans, they confirmed 17 previously-reported genes acquired from HGT, and identified 128 additional foreign genes in the human genome that have not previously been reported.
Some of those genes were involved in lipid metabolism, including the breakdown of fatty acids and the formation of glycolipids. Others were involved in immune responses, including the inflammatory response, immune cell signalling, and antimicrobial responses, while further gene categories include amino-acid metabolism, protein modification and antioxidant activities.
The team were able to identify the likely class of organisms the transferred genes came from. Bacteria and protists, another class of microorganisms, were the most common donors in all species studied. They also identified HGT from viruses, which was responsible for up to 50 more foreign genes in primates.
Some genes were identified as having originated from fungi. This explains why some previous studies, which only focused on bacteria as the source of HGT, originally rejected the idea that these genes were 'foreign' in origin.
The majority of HGT in primates was found to be ancient, occurring sometime between the common ancestor of Chordata and the common ancestor of the primates.
The authors say that their analysis probably underestimates the true extent of HGT in animals and that direct HGT between complex multicellular organisms is also plausible, and already known in some host-parasite relationships.
The study also has potential impacts on genome sequencing more generally. Genome projects frequently remove bacterial sequences from results on the assumption that they are contamination. While screening for contamination is necessary, the potential for bacterial sequences being a genuine part of an animal's genome originating from HGT should not be ignored, say the authors.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Neat.
But it has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Not patting myself on the back at all, you just rub me the wrong way as well. You are the one who started spewing garbage at me friend, not the other way around. You can't stand to see an unbeliever who is more knowledgeable on the bible than you so you start calling me names and spewing hatred at me.

I can't help that you started believing the bible was infallible before ever reading it for yourself. You should really try that out some time. I've already shown I'm more knowledgeable than you are in that area, and the fact I still don't believe just really ticks you off for some reason.

Sorry I have a different opinion than you and know more about what's in the bible than you do, but that sounds like a personal problem.

Thanks for the thread bump again.
Have a great day.
edit on 3/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Odd of you to assume your unfounded opinion of things as fact, even when provided with truths you revert to your delusions instead...

these are the acts of a simple mind not an enlightened one or even one capable of learning...
you are confounded by your own narcissistic personality which is all you seem to need to form your stance on anything...

I will keep bumping your thread you won't shut me up by trying to use a weak thing like reverse psychology on me in an attempt to silence my effort to shed true light on you...

and just so I stay on topic...
as I stated you are made from dirt and oddly enough just like you to contridict yourself by fitting other definitions of it while being oblivious to the truth of it all...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Thanks for the bump!
You're so kind to willingly do it. No reverse psychology here, just showing appreciation of you keeping my thread at the top. Again, thank you.

What makes you think I'm a narcissist? Because I post my opinions on a public forum that was made for just that?

Your hatred is really shining through here Oracle. Why not let go of it? Jesus says to do just that. Oh wait, his sacrifice covers you so you don't have to listen to what he said. Sorry, I forgot, my mistake.

Again, keep bumping my thread, even if you have yet again made the topic about me personally and not what's contained in the OP. You must really be obsessed with me. I'm flattered.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I meant as in the biblical account, dirt forming man, not life coming from dirt them evolving into man over billions of years.

The first man did not literally pop out of the ground did he?

As already stated, human bodies are made of common elements found in dirt. So it is safe to say humans are made of dirt.

The Bible doesn't go into great detail about how "God" formed man from dirt, or how long it took. So the Bible could be talking about millions of years, or a single day. Who knows. But it is true that man has been formed, and man is formed of dirt.

Many people hold the belief that evolution is God's hand. A single sentence can be used to describe what happens over millions of years.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Interesting that silicon, the second most abundant element in "dirt", does not appear on that list.

Must have been an incomplete list, because silicon is found in our bodies, and plays a role in collagen formation.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

But it is true that man has been formed, and man is formed of dirt.

Formed implies intent. That truth is debatable.

I'm not made of dirt. My chemical composition varies quite a bit from dirt.
Top four for me:
oxygen 61%
carbon 23%
hydrogen 10%
nitrogen 2.5%

Top four for for "dirt".
oxygen 46.60%
silicon 27.72%
aluminum 8.13%
iron 5.00%

edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It also makes of more than 25% of the Earth's crust. Not so much me.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I dont see why this is so bad in peoples minds the bible itself has no proof how can you argue that so strongly its your op vs others

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

LOL, I like how you only selected the top four elements to compare. Seems incredibly dishonest.

Your list of elements found in dirt is also extremely questionable since "dirt" does not have a defined chemical composition.

To mix things up a a bit, let me inform you that the Bible actually says man was made of "dust" not "dirt".

Now lets see your element list.
edit on 15-3-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I am not made up of dirt, I am made up of meat, ligaments, bones, and grey matter. Just because we share common elements with dirt does not mean we are the same as dirt, or dust, or clay, or whatever. I can look at dirt, dirt cannot look at me. There's an inherent difference between me and dirt.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Show me a soil analysis from the Garden (or where ever it was).

Extend the list as far as you wish. People are not made of dirt (or mud, or dust).

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yeah..You die and your body goes back into the ground....and decays.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am not made up of dirt, I am made up of meat, ligaments, bones, and grey matter. Just because we share common elements with dirt does not mean we are the same as dirt, or dust, or clay, or whatever.

It's pretty much a scientific fact that we are made of elements found naturally on Earth, and a majority of those elements are found in dirt, soil, dust, etc. There is nothing you can say or do to deny that. It is a fact.

I can look at dirt, dirt cannot look at me. There's an inherent difference between me and dirt.

That is just silly.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

There is nothing you can say or do to deny that. It is a fact.

It's also rediculously obvious.
Everything on Earth is composed of elements that are found on Earth. So what? What else would everything be composed of? Elements that are not found on Earth? Can you name a couple?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join