It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Iron is in your blood, in your cells, etc.
Yes, I know. But that's not what you said:

Because you are made of iron, which is found in dirt.
I am not made of iron. Nor am I made of dirt.

edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think you all are all stuck on semantics.

Where in the Bible does it state you are made of "pure dirt"? It doesn't say that. It just says you are "formed FROM dirt". It doesn't say you were "formed OF dirt".

What if the Bible just didn't go into detail, and they left out the part that says the dirt was processed first, and separated into its elements, and then formed the body....

This conversation is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What if the Bible just didn't go into detail, and they left out the part that says the dirt was processed first, and separated into its elements, and then formed the body....

What if the Bible is a collection of allegorical tales arising from superstitious ignorance?

This conversation is ridiculous.
Pretty much.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I am not made of iron.

Again, semantics. You ARE made of iron. I can't believe you are even saying such a silly thing. If a kid asks what you are made of, you better include iron in your list.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If a kid asks what you are made of, you better include iron in your list.

Nah. Snips and snails and puppy dog tails. That's what little boys are made of.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I just wanted to say uranium is found on earth deposited here by supernova left to enrich in the earths crust...

and the first to come to mind was element 115...

I thought I would answer for him...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You're on the wrong site if you're pushing faith over reason.

In order to have faith, you have to completely suspend belief in many, many things that are actively happening around you every single day, and that have been proven by science, math, and historical fact.

Faith is an illusion.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think the OP is trolling.. lacking in flags and stars?

First off the question is impossible to answer..the elements, minerals and what not that make up our bodies could also be explained by the eating habits of our mothers.. regardless of your personal belief both the biblical and evolution account both contain dirt.. the bible says that God formed man from the dust of the Earth and breathed life into him making him a living soul.. evolution says that a puddle, pond, swamp you decide. Had just the right amount of elements, minerals and what not.. so when lighting struck POOF.. either way... DIRT...

I personally believe the biblical account.. I come from a divine, royal blood line and am currently in a fallen state.. if the evolution theory is true I see no signs of us evolving up.. I see more evidence of entropy and a devolving.. copy of a copy of a copy.. sorry got off topic..

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

if the evolution theory is true I see no signs of us evolving up.

Start here: evolution has nothing to do with "up."

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I don't care what you have faith in or not. I'm saying that if you have faith, you should have no reason to tout any evidence as proof of your faith. Faith and proof are apples and oranges.

In science, doctors and scientists who spend their lives looking for the cure generic_01 (lets say cancer) have faith they will find it. Faith is a part of humans and to not have it makes you not human in a sense.

Humans spend much of their time in the abstract world. You can not even make breakfast without first abstractly creating it first. Everything in our lives was abstractly created first before it became a real thing. Faith is a big part of that abstract thinking in we believe something is real before it is real... This is why for one to suggest that humans should not have faith, with religion being a byproduct of that, we would not be who we are, and we would most likely still be using raw stones as tools.

edit on 15-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now you've gone and done it!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In science doctors and scientists who spend their life looking for the cure generic_01 (lets say cancer) have faith they will find it. Faith is a part of humans and to not have it makes you not human in a sense.

Is Faith the same as Hope? I don't think so. I hope my daughter has at least as good a life as I have had. I don't have faith she will. I fear she will not.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

In science doctors and scientists who spend their life looking for the cure generic_01 (lets say cancer) have faith they will find it. Faith is a part of humans and to not have it makes you not human in a sense.

They have the tools and research and knowledge to try to achieve goals that they believe and hope will reach. That is how progresses are being made in science.

What you are saying is more akin to someone having faith that he will find a unicorn despite no evidence of their existence.
edit on 3/15/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Start here: evolution has nothing to do with "up."

I think the problem is that people look from the present to the past and they see somewhat of a straight line of improvements along that line, but what people do not think about is that evolution goes in millions of directions with many lines dying out and others continuing on. If one was to look 4 billion years ago forward to man it would be trillions of branches going every direction.

The other side to evolution that no one seems to want to talk about is if evolution was not real then that would mean that all life is frozen in its current state and has always been frozen in that state. Since it is quite simple to prove that life does change then I guess humans are the only life form frozen forever in their current state.

I would think that for a person who is religious or not that would be a silly thought, but that is the end state for many debates here.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think the problem is in considering humans to be the Crown of Creation rather than a happy circumstance.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Is Faith the same as Hope? I don't think so. I hope my daughter has at least as good a life as I have had. I don't have faith she will. I fear she will not.

They are not the same. Faith is that you undeniable believe in something that is not proven yet to exist, but believe it can be real.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Faith is that you undeniable believe in something that is not proven yet to exist, but believe it can be real.

Not "can be". Is.
I think I said that earlier. And it's why I find it curious that some of those of Faith feel a need to "prove" their beliefs to anyone. Is it actually a need to prove it for themselves? Shouldn't their Faith be enough if it is strong enough?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

What you are saying is more akin to someone having faith that he will find a unicorn despite no evidence of their existence.

Kind of like aliens... so are you suggesting that there are no unicorns in our vast universe or that man can not one day genetically engineer them?

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join