It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You called me a liar and a heretic within your first two or three posts in that thread, that's disrespectful. I do not lie nor am I a heretic, I only post my personal views. If you want to see for yourself just go to my profile and find my first thread and read through it. You were being very disrespectful to what I believed at the time, my views have changed since then though.

If you can't understand my views then that's on you. You being confused about what I believe is a sign of cognitive dissonance. What I say makes your cognitive dissonance flair up, that's a result of your religious views about Jesus, in my opinion. My views are very cohesive, it's just your cognitive dissonance won't allow you to understand them.

My views are that the universe and existence itself is "God", we are the universe experiencing itself, Jesus is an anthropomorphization of what we all are at a base level, the image of God (image of the universe).

Our image reveals the universe around us and is the light of the world ("Jesus"), the visible universe is the feminine or Mother aspect of ourselves, our invisible Spirit is the masculine aspect or Father, and the image ("Jesus") or Son is where the two meet in the middle, a.k.a. a physical body having a immaterial soul that experiences all that life has to offer.

That's as simple as I can make it right now.
edit on 3/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Is having a soul somehow mutually exclusive from evolution?

um yeah!

Why do you BELIEVE the soul drives evolution?
Evolution is just a functional theory and it's only explanation is purely biological.
So what are you talk'n about L1ght?

And if I'd have called you a liar I would have gotten slammed with a T&C.
So stop whinning. I suppose now I called you a whiner right?

You want to know what doesn't change L1ght ? GOD, he's the same as he was, now
and forever.

I'm done L1ght, you can post your crap all you want from now on. I'll just lurk and laugh.
Carry on.
edit on Ram31515v54201500000029 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

No it's not Randy, they are not mutually exclusive in any way. If there is no soul to experience the environment around it, no change takes place. There is only a dead body.

There must be a driving force behind evolution don't you think? The soul is that driving force, it is what dictates what needs change through experience. If an animal migrates to a hotter climate out of necessity (like food shortage) then that animal's soul will experience warmer weather.

After a few generations of experiencing that warmer climate the soul's experience dictates that the hair it has must go, and each generation after loses a little more hair to compensate for that warmer weather, maybe to the point where it loses all or most of its hair.

Our ancestors migrated to Africa at some point, after many generations of that warmer climate, the souls of our ancestors dictated that they needed less hair than when they were in a cooler climate.

The soul dictates evolution just as your digestive system digests, it's an involuntary process performed because of food being present in the stomach and/or intestines, or in this case the loss of hair or changing of anatomy to compensate for a different environment.

The soul regulates your heartbeat in the same way it dictates evolution: involuntarily and apart from the thoughts of the observer.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You most definitely called me a liar, I can quote the post if you want me to. You're not being very nice Randy. Is your cognitive dissonance flaring up again? I don't see any other answer to this sudden hostility from you. Is what I'm saying troubling you? I don't see why it should if you don't understand or believe it.

I'm done L1ght, you can post your crap all you want from now on. I'll just lurk and laugh.
Carry on.

If this is how you'd respond to my OPINION, with hostility and vitriol, then you'd be doing me a favor honestly. So, thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

No it's not Randy, they are not mutually exclusive in any way. If there is no soul to experience the environment around it, no change takes place. There is only a dead body.

There must be a driving force behind evolution don't you think? The soul is that driving force, it is what dictates what needs change through experience. If an animal migrates to a hotter climate out of necessity (like food shortage) then that animal's soul will experience warmer weather.

After a few generations of experiencing that warmer climate the soul's experience dictates that the hair it has must go, and each generation after loses a little more hair to compensate for that warmer weather, maybe to the point where it loses all or most of its hair.

Our ancestors migrated to Africa at some point, after many generations of that warmer climate, the souls of our ancestors dictated that they needed less hair than when they were in a cooler climate.

The soul dictates evolution just as your digestive system digests, it's an involuntary process performed because of food being present in the stomach and/or intestines, or in this case the loss of hair or changing of anatomy to compensate for a different environment.

The soul regulates your heartbeat in the same way it dictates evolution: involuntarily and apart from the thoughts of the observer.

Can you show me evidence of a soul regulating heartbeats and dictating evolution?

My views are that the universe and existence itself is "God", we are the universe experiencing itself, Jesus is an anthropomorphization of what we all are at a base level, the image of God (image of the universe).

Our image reveals the universe around us and is the light of the world ("Jesus"), the visible universe is the feminine or Mother aspect of ourselves, our invisible Spirit is the masculine aspect or Father, and the image ("Jesus") or Son is where the two meet in the middle, a.k.a. a physical body having a immaterial soul that experiences all that life has to offer.

Can you show me any evidence of this?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No les, I can't. Can you show me any evidence that spirituality is stupid? Or is that just your opinion?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

No les, I can't.

Then why should anyone else have to show evidence for their claims, when you do not operate by the same standards?

Yes. Spirituality, in my opinion, is stupid.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You haven't read the thread I assume. This thread was a response to another thread asking for proof and evidence that evolution is real. There is no proof for evolution just as there is no proof for creationism. That was the entire point of the OP, to show that creationism is just as valid proof-wise as evolution.

Fossil records pointing to evolution is the same as the bible pointing to creationism, neither can be considered proof.

And yes, the post you quoted was my opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

You haven't read the thread I assume. This thread was a response to another thread asking for proof and evidence that evolution is real. There is no proof for evolution just as there is no proof for creationism. That was the entire point of the OP, to show that creationism is just as valid proof-wise as evolution.

Fossil records pointing to evolution is the same as the bible pointing to creationism, neither can be considered proof.

And yes, the post you quoted was my opinion.

The demanding of proof of origins is like hoping we will turn over a stone one day and find an inscription: "Yes, evolution is true. Sincerely, the universe." It's like waiting for a bus that will never come.

As far as theories go, however, evolution holds more validity and higher standards of rigor.

But threads like these have higher entertainment value. I respect your honesty. Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I believe the Bible is right on point when saying man was created not by dirt buy by dust and to be even more specific star dust...

As the sun formed so did the planet's form from the left overs of the process... the Universe is a giant organism... solar systems are atoms, we are parasites on an electron...

Being the enlightened one this should be no news to you, nor should you have had to ask such a simple question or attempt to cast doubt on the God you profess to believe in...

Out of nothing he caused what he needed to become what he needed as he hung the stars and called them each by name...

I myself am glad there is a being far more enlightened than you...
edit on 15-3-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I myself am glad there is a being far more enlightened than you...

Me as well!

This thread was a sort of social experiment in response to another thread btw. The question was meant to be rhetorical to show that asking for proof of anything pertaining to our origins is an act of futility.

Buddha said that talking about our origins was fruitless, I agree with him. He was much more "enlightened" than I, as was Jesus. I have no issue in admitting that.

Your attempted jab didn't go unnoticed though.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a soul. Conciseness is nothing more then a biological process created by that piece of jelly between our ears called a brain. When that piece of jelly quits working your conciseness will cease to exists. Religious people can believe in all the fairy tails they want. Most have been brainwashed into believing such things. You know what they call believing in something that don't exist? delusional. The reason they create delusions is self preservation because they fear the unknown. Fear is why they need a 2000 year old book to tell them everything they need to know. I have paranoid schizophrenia and I've been to the furthest reaches of insanity and back. I know delusions when I see them. Religious fanatics are nuts.

edit on 15-3-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This thread was a sort of social experiment in response to another thread btw. The question was meant to be rhetorical to show that asking for proof of anything pertaining to our origins is an act of futility.

Buddha said that talking about our origins was fruitless, I agree with him. He was much more "enlightened" than I, as was Jesus. I have no issue in admitting that.

Your attempted jab didn't go unnoticed though.

Trolling then. Got it.

No nibbles. Too bad.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

My attempted jab as you call it was really more like insight into the truth of you and your pompous ideologies...

You parade about this site as if on a rampage hellbent on telling us all how it is with God and Christians...

How can answering the question your op posed be an act of futility when I provided you with your answer?

The fact you can't grasp the truth when it is provided is simply more evidence of your inability to be enlightened because if you did not know You and I along with everyone else is star dust...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

you say you have been to the furthest reaches of insanity and back... I say you still have some way to travel...

When you have been dead... come and tell me your consciousness and or soul dies when your brain does...
Until then you are talking out of your ass...

There are many others who have been who know far better than you...

Our souls are pure energy... And even insane people I know understand energy does not die...

edit on 15-3-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ....

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Bill O'Reilly?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Hey, thanks for your insights! I appreciate you bumping my thread again! Not sure where you got pompous from but your thoughts are appreciated. All I do is post my opinions, sorry if you're against free speech.

Sounds like I've hit a nerve with you, I'll call that a success.

Your jabs didn't go unnoticed again friend. You're awesome!

Oh, and by the way the bible doesn't say anything about star dust, it says the dust of the Earth. But I agree, we ultimately came from star dust at some point in the past. Being one with the universe is awesome, it lets me know hell is fictional.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

...and what is Earth and its dust? A huge pile of star dust condensed into rock (planet).

You said that we are the universe, that would mean we are also dirt (Earth/Stardust/Light) if you are logically consistent with your beliefs.

Edit: How does being one with the universe let's you know hell is fictional? Do you know there is no place in the universe where souls suffer in outer darkness with weeping, gnashing, and moaning of teeth? There are extremely hot stars, how do you know there is no place where darkness burns by the light?

If we are the universe, as you say, then why are people believing in hell if being one with the universe supposedly let's you know there is no hell?

Light and darkness exists, joy and suffering exist, life and death exists. Reality exists in duality - The Presence of Life/Peace(The Holy Spirit) and the absence of it - darkness, death, pain, and suffering.

The universe contains both. The Highest (Dimension/Realm/Heaven) includes only life and peace while the lowest only includes death/suffering. Earth is just the arena where light and darkness are and moves - where the light is shining slowly removing darkness.

Someone "one" with the universe would understand what it is (just a field where light expands and overcomes darkness). Someone "one" with the universe would know it is all energy/light stars slowed down to dust and slowed down and condensed further to rock.
edit on 15-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

As I've stated in numerous posts already, the question was in reference to the biblical narrative of Adam literally being created out of dust. Man did not pop up out of the dirt one day, bacteria maybe, but not man. Man is an evolutionary result of bacteria being created in the dirt, a process that takes billions of years, not in a day like the bible states.

And yes, Earth is a metaphorical hell where evil runs rampant and basically unchecked and where suffering takes place constantly. There is no place where man suffers for eternity though, that is nothing more than a scare tactic used by those in order to convert people.

If there is no bad then good has no meaning. Perfection lies in the existence of both in balance. There is no place where some sort of suffering doesn't take place, again that is a dichotomy created by man to juxtapose a place of eternal suffering and thus gain converts.

ETA: In my opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

No les, I can't.

Yes. Spirituality, in my opinion, is stupid.

And that doesn't bother me about Les cause I know where the man stands.
He's not all wishy washy wiggly slide'n in and out like some squeeze box.

That's an accordion by the way.
So pick a personality

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join