It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thats beautiful lol i like the idea a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I do have faith that a apple will fall from the tree if it is released.

No you don't. You see things fall everyday. You lift things and feel their weight. That's evidence of gravity.

Faith is belief without evidence.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Or are you saying that we should not have faith in science at all?

I don't care what you have faith in or not. I'm saying that if you have faith, you should have no reason to tout any evidence as proof of your faith. Faith and proof are apples and oranges.

No they are not. You must have faith to grasp what you observe. Faith is based on pre-learned knowledge. without it you will know be able to expand Your knowledge at all. You must have faith in what you observe to be able to tell if it is a fact or not.

Faith is not just related to religion. It is also related to Your knowledge.

You might not have faith in God, and that is do to Your pre-learned knowledge.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

No you don't. You see things fall everyday. You lift things and feel their weight. That's evidence of gravity.

Faith is belief without evidence.

Faith is belief with evidence. It is faith in that it cannot be seen, or has not come to pass. Even when all prophecy has come to pass faith will cease to exist.

(1 Corinthians 13:12, 13) . . .For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Are you implying that our bodies are the Earth since they (somewhere down the line) came from it? If that's the case then wouldn't that mean the Earth is the universe since it came from it and thus by extension our bodies are also the universe? So are we the universe experiencing itself? Or do you stop that line of thinking somewhere at the beginning of said train of thought?
meant to do that before

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Or are you saying that we should not have faith in science at all?

I don't care what you have faith in or not. I'm saying that if you have faith, you should have no reason to tout any evidence as proof of your faith. Faith and proof are apples and oranges.

No they are not. You must have faith to grasp what you observe. Faith is based on pre-learned knowledge. without it you will know be able to expand Your knowledge at all. You must have faith in what you observe to be able to tell if it is a fact or not.

Faith is not just related to religion. It is also related to Your knowledge.

You might not have faith in God, and that is do to Your pre-learned knowledge.
i feel you on that if you raise a human in a box with no knowledge on religion or faith in anything other than the fact that you will come feed them im sure their only faith will be in the fact you will come feed them unless there is another force compelling the faith without being present what other thing would they know or have faith in

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You are going away from science and into philosophy. You are talking about what is known as epistemology which is a philosophy and has nothing to do with science.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: twiztedjester

I can't resist:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Faith is based on pre-learned knowledge.
Knowledge often has little to do with proof. People once "knew" that the Sun moved around the Earth. There was no proof of this.

Faith and proof are apples and oranges. Faith can exist in a complete absense of proof (or evidence). Proof cannot exist without evidence.

You might have faith in God, and that is do to Your pre-learned knowledge.
You can only have faith in God because there is no proof. It says so right there in the Bible.

edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Well that's my personal belief.

Have you heard of pantheism? It makes a lot more sense than mainstream religion. They say that what some consider to be "God" is actually existence itself, the universe and everything in it, including us. We are a way for "God" to know itself and have experience.

Not sure I'd call myself a pantheist but its ideas are very close to my own.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

What do you think would happen if you did not have that faith?
Reality cares nothing about faith.

Really dosent care much about facts either. A lie is just as valuble....reality Works fine With lies to. Reality runs its course no mater what we precieve.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You are going away from science and into philosophy. You are talking about what is known as epistemology which is a philosophy and has nothing to do with science.

You need some fundemental ground to be able to understand sceince. Ideas and goals are often based on personal faith.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Beautiful in its own awkward right lol thanks lol

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Faith is based on pre-learned knowledge.
Knowledge often has little to do with proof. People once "knew" that the Sun moved around the Earth. There was no proof of this.

Faith and proof are apples and oranges. Faith can exist in a complete absense of proof (or evidence). Proof cannot exist without evidence.

You might have faith in God, and that is do to Your pre-learned knowledge.
You can only have faith in God because there is no proof. It says so right there in the Bible.

(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen.

(Romans 1:20) . . .For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.

That's what it says.

This wasn't directed at you Phage, I respect your right to refuse to read it, and you know it was just shown to you. This was to anyone that actually thinks Phage had any credibility in his statement that the Bible states that you can only have faith in God if you have no proof.

edit on 14-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Really dosent care much about facts either. A lie is just as valuble....reality Works fine With lies to.

If someone lies to you and says you won't plummet to your death if you step off the edge...

If someone has faith that a snake bite won't kill them...

edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well that's my personal belief.

Have you heard of pantheism? It makes a lot more sense than mainstream religion. They say that what some consider to be "God" is actually existence itself, the universe and everything in it, including us. We are a way for "God" to know itself and have experience.

Not sure I'd call myself a pantheist but its ideas are very close to my own.
i shall do some reserch sounds intresting i have no religion or set belief to how or why were here dont much speculate but dont much believe religions either if thst makes sense

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

This was to anyone that actually thinks Phage had any credibility in his statement that the Bible states that you can only have faith in God if you have no proof.

That is not what I meant to convey, though I can see how you read it that way.

Your quotes demonstrate your circular reasoning yet again. "Things exist so that proves that God exists because God made everything."

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Really dosent care much about facts either. A lie is just as valuble....reality Works fine With lies to.

If someone lies to you and says you won't plummet to your death if you step off the edge...

If someone has faith that a snake bite won't kill them...

Some epople have have had this faith. It is common sense that if you jump of a tall ledge you might die. It is common sense that a specific snake bite will kill you.

Faith is not without fault....just like science.

If you have immoral faith it might kill you or many others.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And faith has nothing to do with proof.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It is common sense that if you jump of a tall ledge you might die. It is common sense that a specific snake bite will kill you.

See now you contradicted yourself. You said you have faith in science and yet you just now said it's common sense which requires no faith.

It requires no faith.
edit on 3/14/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join