It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Just try'n move back closer to the topic.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Exactly. They had faith in their mistaken observation. You have faith in Your observations dont you??? What is the difference? They had faith in their observation, and you have faith in Yours. There is no difference.

As Phage has said there's a difference. The belief that the Earth doesn't move and that the sun revolves around it came from the Bible. Some people believed that the Earth was flat (again because of the Bible).

People have always known that the Earth was round due to observations. It is religious beliefs that dispute that.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not all of them. Galileo comes to mind. And yes, there is a difference, especially when it comes to a matter of faith in the Biblical version of creation, which is really what this thread is about.

Correct that is what this type of faith is all about. But even this differs from practically every believer. Their faith is all based on their knowledge about the topic. Because... If you know nothing about God, religion or creation you have nothing to have faith in. You cant have faith in something you know nothing about.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Exactly. They had faith in their mistaken observation. You have faith in Your observations dont you??? What is the difference? They had faith in their observation, and you have faith in Yours. There is no difference.

As Phage has said there's a difference. The belief that the Earth doesn't move and that the sun revolves around it came from the Bible. Some people believed that the Earth was flat (again because of the Bible).

People have always known that the Earth was round due to observations. It is religious beliefs that dispute that.

I agree. I have also said that faith is based on knowledge. And some People had poor knwledge therefor poor faith i Guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I have also said that faith is based on knowledge.

Incorrectly so.
Faith is based on belief, not knowledge.
There is a difference. Just as there is a difference between faith and proof.

edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Incorrectly so.
Those of faith know that God exists.

Wrong...Becaue no mater what idea you build you faith on. You have to have information first. You cant have blind faith on nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You cant have blind faith on nothing.

True.
Someone told me that God made everything. I have faith they were right even though there is no proof but it seemed to make sense the way they put it.

edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Wrong...Becaue no mater what idea you build you faith on. You have to have information first. You cant have blind faith on nothing.

I am having difficult time trying to understand you.

If someone told you about God and that he created the universe and that he created Adam from mud, you gained knowledge about that then you have faith in that?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: Phage

Incorrectly so.
Those of faith know that God exists.

Having information is not the same as possessing knowledge though. Information can be incorrect whereas knowledge comes with proof that can be demonstrated and repeated. Information can be true and can be knowledge but it can also be false and taken on faith alone. There is a world of difference between the two.

In the example Phage gives, 'God made everything' is information and one must take it on faith to be true as there is no demonstrable proof that it is so yet billions of people across the globe believe in some form of god. In contrast, 'The knife is sharp and made of steel' is an example of knowledge. Both the sharpness of the blade and the composition of it are testable and verifiable. You don't need to take it on faith that it is sharp after you cut yourself!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The universe/multiverse doesn't have to have a beginning, meaning nothing has never existed and there has always been something. There's even a theory that presents this possibility and it has math to back it up.

Scientists announced Thursday that they've pretty much figured out the universe, unlocking potential clues to mysterious "dark energy;" bolstering theories that the universe is flat, eternal, and infinite; and mapping 1.3 million galaxies down to about 1 percent accuracy. All of this from an experiment that isn't even done collecting data yet. It's supposed to keep going until June.

Source

So no, the universe didn't have to come from nothing as you speculate. Energy cannot be created or destroyed and everything in the universe derives from energy, even your soul.

So you assume everything about evolution is based on hoaxes? Lol, where is the proof that the fossil record is a hoax? If anything, you've got it backwards, evolution isn't a hoax, creationism is.
edit on 3/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Lacking any rational explanation for most things, dirt-people and rib-women must have seemed entirely plausible thousands of years ago. Please don't take it seriously in 2015.
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Well of course not, we would all be genetic rejects within several generations if everyone really descended from just 2 people who shared the exact same genetics.

Are you for real, is that a joke position or have you placed no thought into your religion at all.

SERIOUSLY AM I TO BELIEVE dear Pete that when humans evolved from whatever you believe they are evolved from they evolved on mass??????????????
SERIOUSLY
What a whole tribe of humans evolved at once?
Seriously I struggle with two evolving at one time who can breed but you seem to imagine a whole group.

Can you please explain that to me, incredulous the naivety of some people.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

What are you blabbering on about? Your rant makes no sense.

Humans didn't evolve at once.

The evolutionary tree is huge.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Hey 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The bible says that man was created from dirt, so is there any evidence of this ever being observed or any evidence at all that supports this notion outside of the bible?

I don’t think anyone could have ever observed, going from dirt to man…assuming it actually happened that way…

The only way that would be possible, is if we travelled so many light years away from Earth, and looked back into our past, and then speeded up the film…

So I can only assume you’re looking for evidence from other religious texts outside the Bible, which mention the creation of man from clay etc…

I can’t think of any other texts off hand, but there is the apocryphal Gospel, named the “Infancy Gospel of Thomas”, which talks about Jesus turning clay into birds…the same parallel verse, is also found in the Quran…

Infancy Gospel of Thomas
3 And a certain Jew when he saw what Jesus did, playing upon the Sabbath day, departed straightway and told his father Joseph: Lo, thy child is at the brook, and he hath taken clay and fashioned twelve little birds, and hath polluted the Sabbath day.

Not exactly man from clay, but at least it shows that the tradition of life springing from clay, was a well known belief…

- JC

ETA S+F
edit on 15-3-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

First, congradulations on the fiasco you've created.

Second, maybe now you understand what I meant when I
said it's hard to get a handle on you.

Third do you even have the slightest idea what you
actually believe? Because by this

So no, the universe didn't have to come from nothing as you speculate. Energy cannot be created or destroyed and everything in the universe derives from energy, even your soul.

So you assume everything about evolution is based on hoaxes? Lol, where is the proof that the fossil record is a hoax? If anything, you've got it backwards, evolution isn't a hoax, creationism is.

you believe man evolved with a soul in the midst of your own
convenient form of pantheism? Creation is a hoax but we do
have a soul? Welcome to the church of the divine cherry picker.
where if you want to go ahead and believe you can have
it both ways? Then congrads again, you're the founder of your own
brand new baby religion. At least I think I have a handle on you now.
You're very confused and hoping others won't notice the dirt.( Points
index to eyeball and then at L1ght )

Forth in regards to where this thread has gone? Can't beat em, join em I guess.
edit on Ram31515v362015u51 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Are you for real, is that a joke position or have you placed no thought into your religion at all.

are YOU for real? I think your short bus is outside honking. Hurry along before your head gets stuck inside your rectum with your BS talk about my religion. If nothing else, your show is remarkably consistent despite it being a one trick pony.

SERIOUSLY AM I TO BELIEVE dear Pete that when humans evolved from whatever you believe they are evolved from they evolved on mass??????????????
SERIOUSLY
What a whole tribe of humans evolved at once?

Could you point out where hooked on phonics implies I stated anything of the sort? Please... get a grip on reality. And maybe a library card. Hell, can you point out where outside of your vivid imagination that postulation even exists? I'm seriously trying to understand how you get entire tribes evolving in one fell swoop from

over the course of several generations

Even at that, I wasn't talking about evolution so much as the deleterious affects of siblings inbreeding for several generations.

The "dear pete" was a lovely and endearing touch BTW

Seriously I struggle with two evolving at one time who can breed but you seem to imagine a whole group.
Can you please explain that to me, incredulous the naivety of some people.

And once again the pride of YEC Australians demonstrates their rabid fervor for debunking something they don't even understand the most basic aspects of. Well done old chap! As to the incredulousness of naiveté, you now know how every rational mind in these forums feels when attempting to discuss anything rationally with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What are you talking about Randy? Is having a soul somehow mutually exclusive from evolution? How? The soul is what drives evolution through experience. If the soul experiences the cold, it evolves the body to have hair, if it experiences heat it evolves to lose hair. It's quite simple actually so I'm not sure where your confusion is coming from. Having a soul has nothing to do with creationism, it's a natural phenomenon that happens everywhere in the universe and is integrally connected to it.

How does my "unique form of pantheism" make me confused? And where have I cherry picked anything? Just because you can't grasp my beliefs doesn't mean I'm confused, it just means you're confused.

I don't appreciate the accusations either, it seems you haven't changed a bit ever since that particular thread. I was hoping maybe you'd come to your senses, but apparently that's not the case, you've fallen back on your old ways of accusing anyone who has a different view than you or who you don't completely understand.

Creationism is a hoax, souls are real, evolution is a very natural and real process, and I am not confused about anything. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You came into my first thread ever being disrespectful to me and my views, now you do the same in my latest. No change whatsoever. I haven't created any kind of fiasco either, I was only pointing out that our origins cannot be proven, only speculated about. That's why my thread title is similar to the one that demands "proof" that evolution is true.
edit on 3/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The universe/multiverse doesn't have to have a beginning, meaning nothing has never existed and there has always been something. There's even a theory that presents this possibility and it has math to back it up.

I was listening to coast to coast a while back, and they mentioned on one of the shows that science is slowly moving away from the “Big Bang” model of the universe…don’t know all the details…not even sure if it’s connected to what you linked in your post etc…

The divide between creationists stating something can’t come nothing, and then science stating something could come from nothing; (even though science had defined the nothing in a unique way) was a huge talking point, among creationist vs scientist debates, for a long time.

The universe always existing though, always seemed obvious to me personally, it’s the most logical solution; and actually, logic dictates that the math will back up the theory IMO…

- JC

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

You came into my first thread ever being disrespectful to me and my views, now you do the same in my latest. No change whatsoever. I haven't created any kind of fiasco either, I was only pointing out that our origins cannot be proven, only speculated about. That's why my thread title is similar to the one that demands "proof" that evolution is true.

Please, point out what is so disrespectful about my post?

That's all for now, just do that much for me?
edit on Ram31515v112015u24 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Well the big bang probably did happen, it's just the universe we see now is only the latest iteration of what has always been IMO. The universe is expanding so it must be expanding from something.

Our big bang wasn't the first, only the latest in an infinite cycle of "creation". This is my current understanding, but as always it is subject to change.

Changes aren't permanent but change is.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join