It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Phage

I just wanted to say uranium is found on earth deposited here by supernova left to enrich in the earths crust...

That would only be so if our Sun were to have gone nova and not incinerated the inner solar system. Uranium exists in Natural Abundance on Earth.

Uranium is a naturally occurring element found in low levels within all rock, soil, and water. This is the highest-numbered element to be found naturally in significant quantities on earth. According to the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation the normal concentration of uranium in soil is 300 μg/kg to 11.7 mg/kg

and the first to come to mind was element 115...

Is this a statement regarding an element not found on Earth? It's not found anywhere except in laboratories as it is an artificially created element so I don't know if it quite qualifies.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

so are you suggesting that there are no unicorns in are vast universe or that man can not one day genetically engineer them?

I forgot to add that. Yes it's possible that there are unicorns and flying pigs somewhere in the universe. But we have no evidence of that.

Of course we might be able to create them someday.

Oh I think I see your point. Scientists may one day be able to create unicorns and we are on that way with tools, technology, knowledge and research. I have no doubt of that.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I think I said that earlier. And it's why I find it curious that some of those of Faith feel a need to "prove" their beliefs to anyone. Is it actually a need to prove it for themselves? Shouldn't their Faith be enough if it is strong enough?

I remember years ago when I was in the Air force there was this guy that I worked with who would read the bible every chance he could get, and his bible was well worn to say the lease. He told me that in his church they have people that talk in tongues, have miracles, etc all as signs that god is real.

I told him that he lacks faith since a person with true faith needs nothing to believe. He looked at me kind of strangely and we never talked about it again...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You see how you are?
You went and introduced logic into a paradigm which doesn't do well with it.

That's not fair. It's like saying science cannot explain magic.

Heaven forbid the twain should meet.

edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

That would only be so if our Sun were to have gone nova and not incinerated the inner solar system. Uranium exists in Natural Abundance on Earth.

We are all star dust. The 98 naturally occurring elements were all created in stars.... Carbon 666 is organic in nature... Makes on go Hmmm when the bible says that 666 is the number of man....

edit on 15-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What, pray tell, is carbon 666?
Carbon with 666 neutrons? That's pretty hefty carbon.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It must be "evil carbon".

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

But don't panic,
It's organic.

According to the above.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You see how you are?
You went and introduced logic into a paradigm which doesn't do well with it.

That's not fair. It's like saying science cannot explain magic.

Heaven forbid the twain should meet.

One more piece of xtrozero logic...

We confuse the "how" with the "why". We go on endless debates whether evolution or creationism is right, but the truth to it all is if there is a God then evolution would be "how" God it done, not the "why". Intelligent design can use evolution as it's tool just as everything man created can be said to be God created too, well since everything is created by God...

Kind of drives me batty when people forgo vaccinations due to religious reasons, or sees science as un-godlike when everything in our universe is Godlike, including what man creates, which is a creation of God, and man's ability to create is also of God....

I guess the debate would be down right boring and end after 2 minutes when one side says I have faith that God is real and the other side says I do not....end of debate...

edit on 15-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

LOL you made me laugh.

He's talking about 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons in carbon atoms. I hope so?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Oh.
Regular carbon (6) then. Not carbon 666. Got it.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL you made me laugh.

He's talking about 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons in carbon atoms. I hope so?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

It must be "evil carbon".

I'm not really religious, but I don't think the bible refers to 666 as evil, other than the number of man...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien
Oh.
Regular carbon (6) then. Not carbon 666. Got it.

You ever run into a 666 carbon buckyball...not a pretty sight....

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Fat Albert balls?

*shudder*

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Fat Albert balls?

*shudder*

Oh, you just had to go there.....

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
In this thread a grown up man asks evidences that a creation myth is literal.

Next thread will about the Easter bunny and Santa Claus

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

Yep a grown man asking Christians who believe in a creation myth is literal to provide evidence. He is basically asking them to grow up already.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Develo

Yep a grown man asking Christians who believe in a creation myth is literal to provide evidence. He is basically asking them to grow up already.

Only a few percentage of the Christians worldwide read the Bible literally. Most of them are only found in the US and anglo-saxon countries. they are called fundamentalists.

Asking their opinion about the bible is like asking Isis guys about the Quran.

Since the beginning, church fathers like St Augustine said the story of creation was an allegory.

I mean genesis isn't even a Christian text. It's a Jewish one. Do Jews read Genesis literally? I don't think so. So why should Christians?

Talking with religious fundies about their crazy beliefs is like running in the special olympics. Yes you will win easily, but it won't make you smarter and everyone will think you are a retard.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
One answer, And one answer only...
Our species Came with the meteor that Killed most of the dinosaurs, moving earth closer to the sun, changing our atmosphere, And gravity, so that dinosaurs no konger could bear their own weight, And ended up AS crocs And gators,
We formed on this earth over millions of years, finding human skeletons dating millions of years back, ( i read it in one recent post on ATS. ) , And here we are. We evolved here, other species have evolved on other planets aswel, life goes on.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join