It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I love space age bachelor pad lounge. Sadly, I no longer have my smoking jacket and pipe.

edit on 29-9-2015 by gentledissident because: one little slip

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nice. Reminded me of this.

It's about that time.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeeeees! The thread from the dead! Glad to see it's revived:

Now I'm feeling Zombified!

RIP Jim. Here's a Catholic tribute to you, sir.

If I should fall from grace with God.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yes, the thread is a revenant... twice now... just in time for Halloween, All Saint's, or whatever other autumnal festivals occur worldwide. Thanks all... very much!

Forgive me not replying to everyone individually, just know every single offering above was enjoyed and you have my everlasting love and respect.. .heh, and that's not even hyperbole... even (or especially) loved the lounge ooze! Gentle... thanks. Tame.. .thanks and great name.

Olaru ... I do so love the wide range you exhibit... I shall miss you most of all! Er, I keep doing the leaving OZ scene when thanking thread people... gotta stop that, anyway, you are certainly hard to categorize, and I like that in folks!

Bean, you get the personal reply because you identify as female, so my chemistry makes you important, heh... "Alien Sex Fiend"... memories... most popular sticker on notebooks and skateboards ever (in the 1980's anyway)... and despite just having a great name, pretty good sounds, too... well, I like them, anyway, sorta funked up Bauhaus ... heh... and sorry to raise any Catholic guilt feelings... I know that meme runs deep on your turf ; ] ... but we all know Catholicism is just an excuse to drink (uhm kidding all you pious folks... really... mostly).

Cornershop- Brimful of Asha

edit on 10/2/2015 by Baddogma because: added song name for the inevitable deletion from YouTube

edit on 10/2/2015 by Baddogma because: better version of song at correct speed

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Heh... perfect, although you get a demerit for posting a (great) video that cuts off the last satisfying notes of the song -see I really DO listen to these ; ]

How ya doing ByByots? And which author is responsible for your user name again? His work intrigued me and I was unfamiliar with it... guess I can google it...

but seriously, with Google any excuse for a conversation can be eliminated and we could all sit in a circle in complete silence... occasionally broken by someone starting a spoken thought, only to be cut off with a chorus of "We know!"

So I used to think "Small talk stinks" but as we are all clueless points of consciousness seeing and exploring our environments with the same filters and flawed equipment, all the big questions are self evident and unanswerable, so small talk is all we're left with to engage our apely need for social interaction... heh...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hey Buddy,

And which author is responsible for your user name again?

It's Stanisław Szukalski.

szukalski.com...

Here's one that doesn't cut off...

P.S. A Neuroscientist’s Radical Theory of How Networks Become Conscious

edit on 2-10-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Aaw good, I like a personal reply! Yep to female, nope to Catholic (just a heathen, lol. Ooh, I know a good song about that). Lots of staggering Catholics about though in my neck of the woods.

Bonus points to you for posting Bauhaus for Hallowe'en! I'll save Hollow Hills until the big day arrives. Or will I? Maybe, not sure yet. Can we make this thread an orgiastic gothfest on Hallowe'en? Pretty please?

Ok, Evil and a Heathen (Franz Ferdinand). Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Some old favourites for anyone that cares to listen to music that most do not know or love.

Belle and Sebastian again, Le Pastie de la Bourgoisie. And Mr Cole, Lost Weekend.

B x

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Cocteau Twins night...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

EEEEEYACH!!

Lots of people might know and love this, I care not. You are such a gracious thread-host that I'm plonking it here regardless because it is an all time epic, particularly when loud.

Merry Christmas, Baddog.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh I posted that earlier. What an arse.

# it, it's good enough to go twice.

Have this festive delight instead:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Heh, is it bad that I'm glad others are losing their minds, Bean? Worth a double, tho...

Merry solstice, false b-day for a certain %s savior....

Butthole Surfers - Good King Wencenlaus

edit on 12/25/2015 by Baddogma because: missed an "n" is Wencenlaus... more rum than eggnog I guess

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

And realized I didn't reply to you, personally... as the rum wore off... so here's a reply. I should post some music, but alas... I'm lazy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That brightened up my night, Olaru... and broke me psychologically... so

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

No, it's always a relief when you realize you're not the only one losing it.
I blame the uisge beatha.

And for auld lang syne, some Killing Joke.

a reply to: Olaru12

Merry Christmas Olaru!
I always say your name in my head like in 'O L'amour' (Dollar), if you remember that? I shall find it for you if you don't.

Oh la rooo. What's a boy in love supposed to do?

Any help with pronunciation gratefully received.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Ye can't blame the smoky drink for everything, but it does have its certain responsibilities, yeah?

Hope you're having a peaceful holiday. RIP Stuart, we love you and kith.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join