It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

There ya go! One that got a volume crank... AND I got you to write something... heh.. and, being one of the first Goths who bought a second hand black London Fog trench coat, applied some eyeliner and started a trend, waaaay back when, I adore NIN ... heh... even though Trent copied me and the court case is still pending, heh.

NIN -Closer 'cause it makes me laugh... I wanna *bleep* you like an animal...

uhm, Not *bleep* you, per se... but I hope ya know I'm not too creepy gross, heh.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
LMAO thanks dude xD

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

From my real life, this song is relevant

the clash - police on my back

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yuna, and Ratking. Her voice is amazing, and they are bringing 90's rap/hip-hop back.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This has been stuck in my head all day. I'll exorcise it here.

The Sundays - I Won

Relevant now or then? You know I like questions.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Liked those! Thanks.

As far as police riding me, not to the extent that they were a decade or so ago... I was a true pirate back then (well, a kind, honorable outlaw, anyway).. .but avoided a long prison term for working in the black markets, and yeah, I got a hassle from a swinish fascist over having the audacity to walk late at night and then, far more stinging, got a ticket the following day for parking in front of my house... so not so romantic, or dramatic, I'm afraid.

You asked... I delivered.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
WTF....the imagery in this video takes surrealism into uberstron.

www.youtube.com...

oddly hypnotic...
edit on 11-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't think I've ever seen something that mixed estrogen and paint huffing so seamlessly... I cannot thank you, exactly, but I'll give you a stunned, somewhat pale, sickly nod...

eta: and need to add a warning... I watched it and then awoke to a house with every living thing slaughtered and my clothing awash in blood.. .I suspect subliminal conditioning... and want to get a Hello Kitty backpack, now, too, in which to place my belongings ... now that I am on the lam.

and I think I'm going to stalk and attempt to mate with that chic, since I have to leave town anyway... I feel like I ate dry ice too fast...

edit on 2/11/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/11/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My psyche was saved by Hope... my only real crush on a person in any media (aside from Parker Posie, of course), but the group is Cowboy Junkie Dream Pop, or, no ... it's Mazzy Star - Fade Into You (I'd usually hate the over the top hipster element, but what ya gonna do?)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Kinda dramatic in a Graham Greene kinda way.

Best Clash song ever:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Au contraire mon cheri (said with American South Western accent/drawl and misspelled I am quite sure) it's ONE of the best Clash songs ever...

And in honor of this rapidly dwindling weird as heck day, I'll put on my bell-bottoms, drop the Orange Sunshine I had in the freezer and crank the goofiest hippie anthem ever...

Fifth Dimension -Age of Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine
edit on 2/12/2016 by Baddogma because: two typos over the line, man

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Foo Fighters do a version of that Gary Newman song on the X-files soundtrack! Check it out.

It is always nice to meet a NMA fan!

Figured for the long Holiday weekend we could use some upbeat music from the Pacific NW! We had a coffee roaster (kind of started the trend here) find himself with some spare change and started brining up bands to Anchortown. This was one!

Another band that I got to see were "the grand daddies of grunge," Sweet Water! Seemed like everybody loved them but could not sing or play guitar solos that well so they all went the other way! Mumbled words, the anti-solo, you get the idea. These guys rawk! So for St. Valentine's Day, if you are like me, avoiding anything close to a bar or restaurant, or if you have lost your spirit... well, anyway, I present Feel Good

-TEOT

PS - My fist REM song was Superman

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
and this is another "best" Clash song ever... gads, what... hundred more to go? Ah well, it's resonates and the bass shakes my house...

The Clash - Rudi Can't Fail

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Your week was weird? Mine was awful! Who would think that when you showed up to work you would actually have to work! I got stuck with a co-workers duties, my own, and the manager decided we were all slacking so we got a new "daily" task that took me and my super 2 days to complete! I could barely enter lurker mode here!

If you find yourself at iTunes and wonder which Sweet Water to get. The self-titled one is good (the "real" fans will say the less well produced album Ter is better. I would just say it is a little different on how they arranged the songs). The other two to get are Suicide and Superfriends since that is when they had the original line up (and sound).

They were the first Seattle band to start using hard dugs, the first to go to rehab, and they survived. Unfortunately, the rehab stint happened when the record companies were throwing money at any band that was from Seattle (or claimed to be). They went clean core as far as their activities in the band go so during one of their recording session they found that one of the guitarist started using... not sure what... but they kicked him out of the band. There ended the classic sound. The other stuff after is good but man, these guys were awesome right at the turn of the nineties!

In the movie Singles, the band Matt Dillon (???) was in had Sweet Water as the opening act on the show posters (like that would ever happen! When I saw that it was like, "Puh-leez"). But that movie has some nudges in there for people who know.

Where did I leave that beer...

edit on 12-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammer nazi

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

As far as work, the finest film to encapsulate my generations/experience and answer would be Fight Club (and not the idiot frat boy interpretation that has their homo-erotic fantasies of beating beautiful meat on display, but the more meta one) and the scene where Jack tells his boss to be careful otherwise the oxford collared, button down psycho will stalk office to office with a Armolite, gas powered AR-10 carbine...etc., etc., and then drop out and follow the Dead for a few years... oh, well, too late for that... so just vote for Sanders.

And as far as Foo-Fighters.. .well, Dave is a total sweetheart, and I love me the grollster, but the Foos suck stanky ass... imo, of course.

And everyone knows the best bands are dead by their 3rd album due to opiate abuse, except for the lucky few who did acid and they're just fine (except really, really weird and making crappy music.. .Byrne I'm "Talking" to you).

Once drugs make a resurgence, watch for better art... mark my half to 3/4th serious words.

Talking Heads - Animals

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Read the captions....wtf!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Dude, I have to warn you, I got immersed in this Japastrophe before and it leads nowhere good... walk away, while you still can.

But yeah, WTF?!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Dude, I have to warn you, I got immersed in this Japastrophe before and it leads nowhere good... walk away, while you still can.

But yeah, WTF?!

I'm afraid it's much to late for any type of salvation. It's like musical crack cut with a healthy portion of angel dust.

and......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Oooooo I love it, too, and loved it for a long time. That song always gets a turn to "11" on the volume dial.

Thank you... very poignant right now in what is going down in my real life, heh... I'd elaborate but just trust me on that... it was a tad too relevant.

Love it, I don't care!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yeah, we're a dying breed.

Since it's a special day, My Bloody Valentine:

a reply to: Baddog

And of course, a Happy Valentine's, to you too.

edit on 14-2-2016 by beansidhe because: fix

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join