It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

No never (and never again, frankly
)

I didn't think he'd sing like that, he's got a weird accent. Where are they from? They all look painfully healthy in that video, I'll put up some Pogues to make my own teeth feel better.

Hehehe

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Looking good, Miss Harley.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Ahem, thank you

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's a pleasant little ditty that was quite popular in England in the mid 1970s, though it was actually recorded in 1966.

One of the more unusual of the Motown hits because it was recorded by a white Canadian bloke. Better known in the US for his other popular hit Indiana Wants Me

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Of course they have accent, they`re Slavic

This one you might have heard before...even though the hits count suggests otherwise.

Fits ATS well

edit on 22-1-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Excellent little offerings, all... busy busy!

I dare ya not to dance like an idiot.. . eclectic but far from obscure... the b-52's

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I drove a couple thousand miles with this CD Thunder and Consolation almost on constant repeat. When I get a chance I like to clue people in to New Model Army (NMA).

The album after that is really good too! That one is Impurity with the best closing songs ever! The songs are called Before I get Old - Vanity and has some great lyrics, part of Vanity reads:

Cleaver monkeys with technology
Barely out of the caves and the trees
It's all vanity, all vanity
We try to have control
It's all vanity
Chaos rules it all

Hope some of you like listening to whole albums because that is what you get with NMA! If you like them, welcome to the family!

-TEOTWAWKI

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Heh, welcome brother/sister (whatever is happening "down there")... cool offering.. been awhile... speaking of being awhile and a song that popped into my warring head...

Bad Brains- I against I

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Thanks! Ah, the Bad Brains, sweet! Oh, I am up in Mystik's neck of the woods.

Was listening to REM's Eponymus all day yesterday (was getting to It's the end of the world as we know it but never made it there! Go stuck right here! --leaving of the "It's" you get TEOTWAWKI and I feel fine...). Had time before heading out the door and played the whole thing on my tele! Kind of know it... kind of love it!

PS - Like the thread! S+F

[ETA: Oh, AZ?! I see. My NMA comment was when I drove from AK to Phoenix many years ago]
edit on 5-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Not pay attention

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

One of my all time fav R.E.M. songs... so many ear worms from them...

one of my fav old albums from a decade or so ago is Moby's Play.. .the whole thing is astounding, despite sorta disliking Moby in general, heh.. .but for wistful, slightly melancholy beauty one might want played at their funeral (if one were a egocentric shyte who would do such a thing) is Porcelain:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
And if you like R.E.M. this is the first thing I heard from them in '81... and I was off to the alt realm forever....

R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I love that album, in fact I grew up listening to New Model Army. So nice to meet another fan of the luddites.

Here's a favourite you might know and/or love:

I'll sneak out in case Baddog think's I'm thread stalking.

But I'll leave this too:

Nouvelle Vague - In a manner of speaking

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Being stalked by you is a compliment I doubt I'm worthy of... and we'll chalk it up to congruent interests.

Thanks for that reminder of Nouvelle Vague -a fav name! And New Model Army was an R.E.M. spin off, like all alt from 80 on, heh, but a very, very good one...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Aaaw, you are too kind as always. Have another NV:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

That depeche mode song is a huge, (almost guilty due to the techno silliness) love of mine... neat cover! Ty.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Heh, I kinda liked that one... despite not knowing, again, what was sung!

And Gretch, I suggest a more positive self image and a bonzai attitude.. . people are easily suggestible in both directions, and while the 'mousy' prefix is cute, it is not selling the real you! Foxy or Wolfy Gretchen, maybe?

The Vapors - Turning Japanese

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

lol... well I chose the name because I like the stressing of the first syllables of both words (MOUSyGRETCHen). So that could be applied to most any descriptor. lol

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And in the spirit of 80's techno and new wave that I'm in today, one of my favs...

Gary Numan - Down In The Park

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join