It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neutraldave

And let's be fair. When you control the media your approval rating doesn't matter. You can tell tell the people you have a 100% approval rating and a lot of populace will go along with it. They don't want to feel left out of the majority.

And where do you find unbiased main stream media on this planet that is not either state propaganda or owned by a media cartel who is pushing an agenda? Do you really think the western media with Reuters and AP is unbiased? You might get the news you want to your flavor in divide and conquer style but unbiased objective news?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

And let's be fair. When you control the media your approval rating doesn't matter. You can tell tell the people you have a 100% approval rating and a lot of populace will go along with it. They don't want to feel left out of the majority.

And where do you find unbiased main stream media on this planet that is not either state propaganda or owned by a media cartel who is pushing an agenda? Do you really think the western media with Reuters and AP is unbiased? You might get the news you want to your flavor in divide and conquer style but unbiased objective news?

But we have a choice, we can change over to another network sharing a completely different opinion. There are some networks out there that are less bias, not many but some. With the internet around now, we have options.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Trying to twist my words so you can make them sound like I am pro-Russian and against Democracy is kind of rude. I am not against democracy nor am I pro-Russian. If this guy wasn't happy with Russia, he could have just gone live somewhere else. This is Russia we are talking about, not America. You don't do that in that situation without worrying about getting killed. In fact there are many nations in this world where doing that kind of thing will put your life into hell. Even here in America. That country belongs to the Russian people, not to America or the European union.

I guarantee you if someone tried to make a political party that was against the present social structure here in America, like communism or a Nazi party, they would not be able to get recognized or allowed to run. If they forced the issue they might disappear. When living in Russia, you do what the Laws and Rules of Russia dictate. Now if you want to change things, it has to be done by slowly and calmly convincing people that change is needed. Russia is a lot better than it was twenty five years ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So where is problem worse right now?

1 Is the worst problem on Putin side and he is losing control over Russia and need to remove competitors like Boris Nemtsov and whatever information he has?
2 Or is it on the western side where the banking cartel need a reset thru a big war so that they can keep the control and avoid the economic crash?

I would make a bet on the one who is worse off is the one who did this. Interesting times.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone

But we have a choice, we can change over to another network sharing a completely different opinion. There are some networks out there that are less bias, not many but some. With the internet around now, we have options.

With internet you can go beyond main steam media. But you will not hear about Turkey and Saudi Arabia helping ISIS on US media. Give me a clip to disprove me.
edit on 27-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone www.picshare.ru...

edit on 27/2/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

But you will not hear about Turkey and Saudi Arabia helping ISIS on US media.

I'm not going to try to disprove it....yet. But my question is, where did you hear about this? I read various media from various countries, even RT at times to get their point of view, but this is the first that I've heard about this. I know Turkey is resistant in fighting ISIS, but last I checked, Saudi Arabia was participating in the bombing, this is even mentioned in middle eastern media. Basically, I can't disprove it until you attempt to prove it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

With internet you can go beyond main steam media. But you will not hear about Turkey and Saudi Arabia helping ISIS on US media. Give me a clip to disprove me.

Here you go. On the first search I did.

Newsweek source

The difference between RT and western media is, that western media gives you both sides of the story most times. RT only gives one side of the story , The Kremlin side.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Haven't had time to read all of the comments yet but Putin has used false flags before. Some believe he is credited with the 1999 apartment bombings which were a pretext to the Chechnya conflict and Putin's initial rise to power. Frontline had an interesting piece on this and I decided to do my own research and there are definitely some lingering doubts about the official story in that instance. Same NWO playbook. Same NWO players. I don't know enough about this new incident to rush to judgement but Putin is not sparkling clean like some people here would have you believe and it didn't just happen recently but has been ongoing.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm actually in uncharted waters, I generally follow Ukraine far more than I do the ISIS news. Reason, I consider Putin a bigger threat than ISIS. A lot of people will disagree with me, but I feel that with the right leadership, as evil as ISIS is, we could knock them on their butts fairly quick. I regard ISIS as a smokescreen in the media, which some allow to continue in order to cover up some of the real dangers out there.

That being said, if that article shows truth, it is disturbing that a NATO ally would do this. It's also ironic that they would be helping ISIS, but at the same time moved that tomb out of concern that ISIS would destroy it. I also saw somewhere that Turkey was concerned about ISIS coming over their borders. I know Turkey does not like the Kurds much, and have watched them die from their side of the border. The article does not mention Saudi Arabia, which would surprise me more if they were aiding ISIS.

I've had a couple drinks, and i'm taking it easy tonight. Still, i'd be interested in hearing more. At the very least, I can bookmark any articles and read them at a later time. I'd love to see a topic devoted to this. I will agree with you for the most part in regards to RT vs Western media.
edit on 27-2-2015 by JonStone because: edit

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

It is, which is why I said it. People have been beaten and killed for standing up for what they believe in since the beginning of mankind. That didn't stop them from revolution.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: anonentity
I don't like this, is Putin loosing the plot, and has to go for the throat lock now?.

Remember the quote attributed to Merkel, saying she wondered if Putin has lost his mind? She later denied that, but it seems more plausible now.

For me this assassination gives the impression of desperation and hurry. If he was about to release information proving Russian involvement in Ukraine, as has been suggested, this murder could have been a fast solution.

It would also serve to scare anyone else holding such information.

As a rally was/is planned for Sunday, this could have been the opportunity to release that information.

The woman he was walking with was also supposedly Ukrainian. No one seems to know who she is or where she's gone. It could be that they were meeting to discuss this evidence.

Their are to many Russian billionaires that like to go from Russia into the West ,the sanctions are his fault, people who matter are hurting, is Putin and his power base the old style Soviet generals, finally realising that the only way they will hold things together is to turn the clock back to the days of the Old Soviet Union.

I think it's very complex.
No doubt Putin is worried about the flow of money out of Russia, this is no secret and he has fought against that for a long time. He's been attempting to pull money back to Russia through an economic nationalism, which hasn't worked. Money is still flooding out of Russia and being invested in NY property, London, Paris...

I think one of the most important things to remember is that Putin has an irrational nostalgia for the Soviet Union. He's been seen almost crying at ceremonies related to the USSR, something that is not likely to be faked by a leader who attempts to portray himself as the "ultimate masculine Russian male".

This emotive response is genuine, and it indicates his desire to return Russia to a previous time - ultimately extremely dangerous.

Putin has got his hands into the till , and would be compromised under a normal democracy. Historically Russia opens up, catches up and closes down. That's their usual modus operandi, the problem now is other options are floating in the airways, to many Russians work abroad. I feel sorry for the Russians they almost made it this time.

There is a lot of talk about this too. I just read another piece mentioning that Russia was opening up thanks to Yeltsin, but then closed down and began to revert back to Soviet style with Putin.

Nemtsov was once tipped to be successor to Yeltsin, but Putin snatched that - presumably with assistance from other KGB and Soviet era money and influence.

I can see a scenario where Putin's Paranoia will grow. Someone might get through and assassinate him. Because I am picking that he's pissed off some serious people.

I think Putin is probably paranoid enough to prevent that from happening. I don't think there are many who would be able to get too close to him. I would imagine we'll see a purge of the Kremlin at some point in the coming year or two, depending on what else happens.

I like your analysis. Its helped me crystallise, some of the ingredients. Firstly he divorced, so he couldn't be domestically compromised?. He has two daughters, last I heard one lives in millionaires row in London. The Other in some Mediterranean island. Their lives seem independently wealthy. It sounds like he has the sense to realise that the political situation in Russia could be unsafe, so the family has created options. He must have been financially compromised, and as noted an ex KGB operative is now a multi billionaire. It looks like he isn't the man actually running things, more of the mouthpiece, for those that are.

The thing with power and psychopaths, is the ones who will go to any lengths, will get to the top. So who got to the top in the confusion after the fall of the Soviet Union?. My vote is on a slightly dysfunctional not yet sophisticated, mafia type organisation . Who are catching up fast. The status quo, is where they would, and do prosper. So anyone who would "Elliot Ness "the situation soon gets oft. Were f&*^%$

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
what would you not say the West vs Russia and made your unprincipled greed lies slander only unites Russian peoples

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
a reply to: noeltrotsky

It is, which is why I said it. People have been beaten and killed for standing up for what they believe in since the beginning of mankind. That didn't stop them from revolution.

Actually, if at all possible, this could backfire on the Kremlin. This voice of opposition could become a martyr, and lead to a rebellion, small, but effective enough to perform an assasination to counter. Not likely, but possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

Personally I don't believe 1 lone exfighter's story, but it could be true.

Turkey has been fighting the Kurds for a long time. I think they may be using some World War II tactics.

" a country that armed Stalin to defeat Hitler can certainly work alongside enemies of al-Qaida to defeat al-Qaida."

Gen. James mad dog Mattis.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Yeah, I questioned the article for the same reason (a single story), but didn't feel like arguing just in case. Still, i'm not super informed on the subject, so i'm treading carefully on that particular subject until I can do the research.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
let Russian land him be glass-wool

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Here you go. On the first search I did.

Newsweek source

The difference between RT and western media is, that western media gives you both sides of the story most times. RT only gives one side of the story , The Kremlin side.

I agree that RT is biased but the connection between ISIS and other countries are always hushed down in western media. One of the reason ISIS is a "create a problem" to "get a solution they want". Saudi Arabia have a long tradition on being allies to Wahabbi fundamentalist sects. I will believe ISIS is an enemy of House of Saud when they take Mecka. Until then it is "two enemies" with the same goal. Control of Middle east taken from Shia and Christians and put in the hands of Sunni/Wahabbi.

Now back to the thread topic .....
edit on 27-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It looks more and more like some Russian patriots killed the vocal critic of Putin and also someone who was calling for a protest march in the days where Russia is at war of both economic and military kind.

This was probably a warning to those who plan such events and try to create disturbance in Moscow.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

Putin hasn't moved for over a week. I am beginning to believe he is backing down. Not that he will give any territory back.

I think he might have just decided a coastal route to the Crimea might be going just a little too far .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join