It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to blame this on Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

That bridge is a traffic nightmare...I'd avoid driving downtown tomorrow if I lived in Moscow. Of course any protest that fast won't be officially sanctioned and will immediately brings arrests so won't last very long.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterMaximum

The nice thing about Russian shills is that they are very easy to identify. They don't realize the level of BS the average westerner has to deal with on a daily basis when it comes to the workplace, entertainment, advertising, media, etc..

Spotting Russian BS is far too easy. They immediately turn to blaming the West for everything. They spend all of their time and energy focused on anything bad any country but their own does. They also use RT as a resource for almost EVERYTHING.

At least we in the West/US have a choice on the BS MSM we want to listen to. There are at least different sides to stories(i.e., DEMS/REPUBS|MSNBC/FOX), albeit stupid on both sides. We get to actually say what we think and feel about our leaders without worry of being poisoned, stabbed, or shot.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Oh there is no doubt something this big would have to be authorized by Putin. Nobody would touch Nemtsov without approval.

Your right, somebody will be caught and jailed very quickly I'm sure. Putin is amazingly efficient at police work while running the country and managing an invasion of his neighbor.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

And don't forget the beatings. No anti-Putin rally would be complete without police brutality. Oh but the rally wasn't authorized so it's completely acceptable.
edit on 2/27/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Twitter: Russian opposition leader #BorisNemtsov + 10 others arrested at #Ukraine embassy in Moscow, chanting 'Ukraine: We are with you!'

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
Spotting Russian BS is far too easy.

It's an odd benefit of having been bombarded by advertising propaganda our entire lives. We get better and better at spotting it!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm guessing Putin may not even be behind this assassination. There are plenty of people who would gladly do the job for free.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

BBC: In his last tweet, Mr Nemtsov sent out an appeal for Russia's divided opposition to unite at an anti-war march he was planning for Sunday.
"If you support stopping Russia's war with Ukraine, if you support stopping Putin's aggression, come to the Spring March in Maryino on 1 March," he wrote.
Speaking earlier this month to Russia's Sobesednik news website, he had spoken of his fears for his own life.
"I'm afraid Putin will kill me," he said in the article (in Russian) on 10 February.
"I believe that he was the one who unleashed the war in the Ukraine," he added. "I couldn't dislike him more."

I wonder if the protests will still take place. If so, going to be a bloody day from the looks of things.
edit on 27-2-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

The nice thing about Russian shills is that they are very easy to identify.

A lot of shills are easy to identify.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
I'm guessing Putin may not even be behind this assassination. There are plenty of people who would gladly do the job for free.

That wouldn't surprise me.
But remember that the Kremlin has made this political situation what it is. Corrupt.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I wonder if the protests will still take place. If so, going to be a bloody day from the looks of things.

Nope. Memorial instead. It's (apparently) been canceled.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A major anti-Putin rally has been cancelled? Man this assassination keeps playing into the West's favor more and more.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Sometimes they just present themselves when you weren't talking to them, going out of their way to refute a seemingly insignificant comment.
edit on 27-2-2015 by MasterMaximum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Were the people accusing you the 2012 end of the world nutters? Judging by your sig it looks like you enjoy debunking those types of topics. Passion for a certain idea can cause people to do/say some crazy things.

Cognitive Dissonance is very very powerful over almost all humans.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

A major anti-Putin rally has been cancelled? Man this assassination keeps playing into the West's favor more and more.

I don't like this, is Putin loosing the plot, and has to go for the throat lock now?. Their are to many Russian billionaires that like to go from Russia into the West ,the sanctions are his fault, people who matter are hurting, is Putin and his power base the old style Soviet generals, finally realising that the only way they will hold things together is to turn the clock back to the days of the Old Soviet Union. Putin has got his hands into the till , and would be compromised under a normal democracy. Historically Russia opens up, catches up and closes down. That's their usual modus operandi, the problem now is other options are floating in the airways, to many Russians work abroad. I feel sorry for the Russians they almost made it this time.

I can see a scenario where Putin's Paranoia will grow. Someone might get through and assassinate him. Because I am picking that he's pissed off some serious people.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's actually playing more in Putin's favor, as expected i'm sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

I haven't updated my sig in at least two years. However I leave it because I think those were my best topics. I've been on this site a while though and been a participant in a lot if threads. I've been called a shill for more than just 2012.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join