It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
TIL that if you just don't buy that Putin = Evil and West = Saints you are pro russian. Even Evil and Evil seems not to be accepted anymore.

I understand that being a "westernized" forum there is a certain tendency, but I think that the discussions lately have become less intresting than football chitchats. The public is divided into pro-USA vs not-pro-USA (friendly called pro-russians).

There are agendas on both sides, at least get the balls to have a doubt.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I am asking what drives the same people to argue the same thing day after day after day.

I am asking why the same people keep calling other people names like "Putinistas" and "Putin lovers" before people have even responded.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Doesn't matter where you're from. Any politician who condones the assassination of political dissidents is scum. There is no pro-USA or pro-Russia slant that can change that stance.
edit on 3/1/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A good article about the reasons Putin didn't want Nemtsov around.

www.ft.com...

At the end a key issue is stated,

"Due to his past electoral success, his party was also the only truly anti-regime group that was to be legally allowed to participate in the 2016 parliamentary elections. Mr Nemtsov’s participation in the elections would naturally have become a platform for bringing together diverse anti-Putin and pro-western opposition forces."

Nemtsov was about to become the focal point of opposition in the upcoming Presidential elections next year. No doubt killing him leaves little options besides voting for Putin next year.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Nemtsov was about to become the focal point of opposition in the upcoming Presidential elections next year. No doubt killing him leaves little options besides voting for Putin next year.

Why would he even matter to Putin? He is so evil he could just rig the election anyway right? I mean he is a dictator right? Even Dubya could pull it off.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterMaximum

Why would he even matter to Putin? He is so evil he could just rig the election anyway right? I mean he is a dictator right? Even Dubya could pull it off.

Killing your only viable opponent is certainly the cheapest way to rig an election.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Will there be a time when you get sick of it and lose interest?

Sometimes the utter stupidity of someone denying the plain as day truth does get me down. Then I realize people are dying and a country is getting destroyed and ripped apart...and I recharge.

I mean you can hardly say this is entertaining.

No, it isn't meant as entertainment. It is meant as informative. Turn on the Disney channel if you want entertainment.

When have you made your point? Is their an end goal?

The point is to ensure the truth about Russia comes out. So many people know nothing about the country that the few that do have to speak up more often. The end goal is truth, everyday.

And what's with the constant name calling of anyone that might be seen as "pro Putin". Almost seems like an organised effort.

When words like Junta, Nazis, Porky and such are used to describe one side it isn't much of a surprise some names will be used in return. If anything upsets you report it cause it helps ATS understand what it's users don't like.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

TIL that if you just don't buy that Putin = Evil and West = Saints you are pro russian. Even Evil and Evil seems not to be accepted anymore.

That over-simplification only shows how superficial your understanding is. There are extremists on both sides of the debate accusing anyone attempting to be objective of being shills for the other side, and rabid partisans pretending to be objective or neutral. By focusing on the "anti-Russians,' you have revealed your own bias.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterMaximum

I am asking what drives the same people to argue the same thing day after day after day.

Denying Ignorance.

I am asking why the same people keep calling other people names like "Putinistas" and "Putin lovers" before people have even responded.

It's better than what those who see Putin for what he is have been called.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

No doubt Putin can rig an election, but it is getting more difficult in today's distributed social networks society. I would say that the Nemtsov killing is more to do about keeping the opposition quiet during this difficult time for Russia.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Well at least you acknowledge that you are in fact a member of the movement I described earlier, and the existance of such a movement in the first place, by assuming the role of representative.

Thank you.

What truth about Russia? All I see is people acting like Russia is the only country that practises world politics and protects its own interests, trying to break the whole affair down into "Putin is bad".

It's freakin ridiculous.

When words like Junta, Nazis, Porky and such are used to describe one side it isn't much of a surprise some names will be used in return.

Are other posters here being called that because of their viewpoint? Not quite the same thing is it?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
**Enough**

This thread is being closed temporarily by staff. It will be re-opened in about an hour.

ANY member who violates the T&C beyond this the re-opening, will receive a 72hr posting ban. You either discuss the topic, or you don't discuss anything at all.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join