It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

I stopped reading your opinion at "Putin lovers". Anyways it will be interesting to see how all sides of the propaganda machine try and spin this event.

I love Putin

edit on 28-2-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

really? was he? hmm lets see. Putin with an 85% approval rating chooses to kill an important opposition figure days before said opposition figure holds a rally. what exactly is the gain in this situation?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

what same thing? what are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

really? was he? hmm lets see. Putin with an 85% approval rating chooses to kill an important opposition figure days before said opposition figure holds a rally. what exactly is the gain in this situation?

His approval rating has nothing to do with his personal life. The reason you kill the opposition is because he is a real threat to your re election chances...

Also when you put fear into the people they have nothing to do but support you.

Again you kill the opposition because you fear his taking your gravy train from you...something Putin fears.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

N. Korea's leader has a 100% approval rating. It's easy to have a high approval rating when you control the media and people fear voting otherwise.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

It is getting beyond ridiculous now. If there was an eclipse tomorrow, the headlines would be "Putin Steals The Sun!!".

And if the headlines said he was annexing the moon to protect Russian speaking moon people you'd believe it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Nemtsov supposedly had evidence of Russian forces in Ukraine (unproven)
This has been suggested several times out there, and there are also suggestions that the woman he was walking with was Ukrainian. We know there have been suggestions in the last week that the Kremlin had an active plan of invasion through proxy groups.

I just finished listening to Nemtsov's long radio interview on Echo of Moscow. echo.msk.ru...

This interview was made just several hours before he was murdered. He was explaining what is the purpose of the coming march in a great length, yet he didn't disclosed some shocking new facts. If he had some, I would think he would mention it.

You are right about describing Nemtsov as

It's no secret that Nemtsov was vocally and actively against Russian involvement in Ukraine.

All he was hoping that many people will attend this meeting and gradually public opinion in Russia will change.

I'm not making any pro CIA versions or pro FSB, just eliminating some conspiracy version that Nemtsov had in his hands new evidences of what is already understood by everyone in Russia. Russia is sending troops and military equipment to Donbass, only a blind man would deny it.
As for Ukranian girl walking with him, the fact that she was pretty is more important than she was Ukranian.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

I wasn't going to reply to this thread as these assassination stories usually seem pointless.

Just Red Square

Clock tower used for visual metaphor.

St Basilius Cathedral shot from the bridge, what are they saying?

I know the older members of ATS just saw this story and moved on, but for newbies that are not familiar with the process..

edit on 28-2-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

his approval rating has nothing to do with his personal life, you are right. good thing we aren't talking about his personal life in any way shape or form. his approval rating does decide who the people of Russia will vote for and who they will side with. so realistically what are the chances that a president with an 85% approval rating wouldn't get voted into office?

Also when you put fear into the people they have nothing to do but support you.

well that rally is still gonna happen, and i'm betting that people will be pretty angry. again how does Putin gain from that? if this guy was such a threat why would Putin have killed him a long time ago when it was easy to cover it up.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

He was a liar and a traitor but didn't deserve that fate

Why because he didn't follow the Putin handbook, so that how does that make him any different than Putin himself?

Had a lot of death threats on the social media sites he used so I'm guessing his pro Ukraine leaning annoyed the hell out of a majority of Russians

Or you had the Putin faithful doing this because he was a major problem to Putin and his thoughts of running for the presidency again?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

hahaha yeah because north Korea and Russia are the same thing... right.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

well that rally is still gonna happen, and i'm betting that people will be pretty angry.

Actually, the Protest was officially cancelled.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

if this guy was such a threat why would Putin have killed him a long time ago when it was easy to cover it up.

Just as the US could have handed Russia their butts when they split, but didn't...why?

You see just because he could have doesn't mean he wanted to, or needed to.

I guess you don't know much about the old saying of keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Or your just ignorant and believe everything that Russian media says. If someone walked door to door and said, "Do you approve of Putin?" Most are going to say Yes, especially after seeing what happens to people who do NOT approve of Putin. Not to mention that when you control the media, you control the polls and what people think.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

i suppose they were. but by the same people who organized the protest in the first place.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

i suppose they were. but by the same people who organized the protest in the first place.

Because of what happened, not because of rainy weather.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Seeing how this thread is evolving 2 becomes more likely

Got it! America would murder an asset in Russia for propaganda purposes, but Putin wouldn't torch a bunch of Ukrainians. I pity your embrace of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

no dude. most people in Russia have hated Putin pretty vehemently until fairly recently.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

no dude. most people in Russia have hated Putin pretty vehemently until fairly recently.

Yeah, well, it takes time to build a controlled dictatorship...I mean, fan base.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

FEAR.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join