It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow, they're really investigating the scene of the crime! /sarcasm

pbs.twimg.com...:large

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And how does that apply? You started talking to me and I didn't go after any player.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

LOL -- gotta love that fire hose action...how very forensic of them.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There is this monotonous pattern.

Anyone brave or foolish enough to oppose Mr Putin has the blue touch paper of their life lit.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterMaximum

edit on 2/27/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
a reply to: JonStone

LOL -- gotta love that fire hose action...how very forensic of them.

I know, right. I wonder if they clean up all crime scenes like that! A firehose! A bucket of water usually does the trick, but I guess they wanted to be sure. Scenes around here are usually roped off for days pending investigation before being cleaned up, and that's for a regular joe, not a figurehead.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The message to any Russians is why i do not buy the high approval rating.
In a culture of fear and Paranoia you will get a high approval rating regardless of what the people think.

Or to put it another way if you went round a north Korean prison camp and asked "do you like your leader".
You would probably get a 100% approval rating.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
I don't like this, is Putin loosing the plot, and has to go for the throat lock now?.

Remember the quote attributed to Merkel, saying she wondered if Putin has lost his mind? She later denied that, but it seems more plausible now.

For me this assassination gives the impression of desperation and hurry. If he was about to release information proving Russian involvement in Ukraine, as has been suggested, this murder could have been a fast solution.

It would also serve to scare anyone else holding such information.

As a rally was/is planned for Sunday, this could have been the opportunity to release that information.

The woman he was walking with was also supposedly Ukrainian. No one seems to know who she is or where she's gone. It could be that they were meeting to discuss this evidence.

Their are to many Russian billionaires that like to go from Russia into the West ,the sanctions are his fault, people who matter are hurting, is Putin and his power base the old style Soviet generals, finally realising that the only way they will hold things together is to turn the clock back to the days of the Old Soviet Union.

I think it's very complex.
No doubt Putin is worried about the flow of money out of Russia, this is no secret and he has fought against that for a long time. He's been attempting to pull money back to Russia through an economic nationalism, which hasn't worked. Money is still flooding out of Russia and being invested in NY property, London, Paris...

I think one of the most important things to remember is that Putin has an irrational nostalgia for the Soviet Union. He's been seen almost crying at ceremonies related to the USSR, something that is not likely to be faked by a leader who attempts to portray himself as the "ultimate masculine Russian male".

This emotive response is genuine, and it indicates his desire to return Russia to a previous time - ultimately extremely dangerous.

Putin has got his hands into the till , and would be compromised under a normal democracy. Historically Russia opens up, catches up and closes down. That's their usual modus operandi, the problem now is other options are floating in the airways, to many Russians work abroad. I feel sorry for the Russians they almost made it this time.

There is a lot of talk about this too. I just read another piece mentioning that Russia was opening up thanks to Yeltsin, but then closed down and began to revert back to Soviet style with Putin.

Nemtsov was once tipped to be successor to Yeltsin, but Putin snatched that - presumably with assistance from other KGB and Soviet era money and influence.

I can see a scenario where Putin's Paranoia will grow. Someone might get through and assassinate him. Because I am picking that he's pissed off some serious people.

I think Putin is probably paranoid enough to prevent that from happening. I don't think there are many who would be able to get too close to him. I would imagine we'll see a purge of the Kremlin at some point in the coming year or two, depending on what else happens.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neutraldave

And let's be fair. When you control the media your approval rating doesn't matter. You can tell tell the people you have a 100% approval rating and a lot of populace will go along with it. They don't want to feel left out of the majority.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And let's be fair. When you control the media your approval rating doesn't matter. You can tell tell the people you have a 100% approval rating and a lot of populace will go along with it. They don't want to feel left out of the majority.

Kim Jong Un has a high approval rating too. Coincidence?.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
I think it's very complex.

Absolutely right.

It could be related to evidence of the Ukrainian invasion. The Ukrainian woman wasn't shot however so probably wasn't involved in politics. I think Nemtsov would be working on soldiers families to expose the truth...but that's just a guess.

The killing did come shortly after the Novaya story about the invasion being planned weeks before Yanukovich was kicked out. Nemtsov's murder could be a result of that story somehow...but just speculation.

It's a critical time to keep opposition to Putin at a minimum as the economy tanks and prices with job losses start to really kick in, so killing one of the opposition leaders is a strategic move. It puts the rest into hiding and quiets them down during this critical time.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Very true.

I just don't understand why more Russian's don't have the balls to go against Putin. The average Russian seems pretty brave overall, or maybe it's just the booze I dunno.

Putin is what, 5'7" with thick socks and shoes on? I wouldn't be surprised if he was short elsewhere.

People seriously trust an ex KGB that went from nothing to billionaire in a decade? If you choose not to believe he has that much money..I can respect that. However, given the current control he has in Russia over the people, media, resources, decisions, etc...you could say he has far more than the reported 70 billion.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
There is this monotonous pattern.

Anyone brave or foolish enough to oppose Mr Putin has the blue touch paper of their life lit.

The psychology of a dictator is a very fragile one. He knows that if he lets his guard drop, he is the dead man . So you get them long before they can get you . All the unemployed youth that went to Putin's Ra! Ra! camps would now be the new NKVD they like the old NKVD, know, where their bread is buttered. You don't need that many to keep the sheep in line. Hitler had it worked out. So did Stalin, but the prison they created for themselves meant they couldn't trust their nearest and dearest. The problem that he's got is that history has moved on . Its all a different kind of BS. now. Shooting this guy in broad daylight, means something, I cant work out what. Maybe it desperation. Maybe its a message.

If his trusted Cartel has been shrunk, for security reasons he'd be getting less information. That's probably the way the Generals want it. But it also means he's had moles to deal with. Which means that everything they have got planned is in the hands of NATO. That's a big worry for him, because I don't think the Russian people want, or have the appetite for any sort of showdown. Basically they don't give a stuff, just like most of us. Its only the ruling faction so. He'd have to use Nukes.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
Kim Jong Un has a high approval rating too. Coincidence?.

He's pretty cool thou! Did you see him in 'The Interview' ? I'd party with him anytime!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
Very true.
I just don't understand why more Russian's don't have the balls to go against Putin. The average Russian seems pretty brave overall, or maybe it's just the booze I dunno.

It pretty funny to say that in a thread about one of the opposition leaders just being gunned down.
You should watch videos of the police rounding up people at protest rally's. And that's what they do in front of the cameras! Behind the walls people get the message very clearly what will happen if they get caught again. This type of suppression works all over the world.
edit on 27-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

It sure wasn't the one and only assassination of people opposed to Putin, but that's not the case, was it? Really, it's kind of a trend in recent years.

No wonder people are falling into line.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2
a reply to: canucks555

3 OPTIONS

Putin's rating is very high, people love him regardless of what Western Media would have you believe

1 - Some angry civilian group saw him as traitor and killed him,

2 - CIA had him killed in ongoing effort to demonize Putin because he is against western NWO

3 - Putin or one of his people had him killed, BUT AGAIN, there was no need to, Putin's rating in Russian Federation is very high

You're blatant denial and ignorance make me laugh, legitimately.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I and 2000000 goyims were laid off in 1997 Nemtsov and Chubais were in government, are agents of global zionism but lately Nemtsov was zero he had just spat venom . is now he in hell on hot coals looking forward Kasparov Chubais Navalny and other fascists . I doubt that he was killed red blood , is disassembly inside blue blood
edit on 27/2/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2

3 - Putin or one of his people had him killed, BUT AGAIN, there was no need to, Putin's rating in Russian Federation is very high

If things are about to get real ugly due to the sanctions and the disastrous oil price drop for Putin I can see him offing the competition just in case his popularity tanks.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
I and 2000000 goyims were laid off in 1997 Nemtsov and Chubais were in government, are agents of global zionism but lately Nemtsov was zero he had just spat venom . is now he in hell on hot coals looking forward Kasparov Chubais Navalny and other fascists

Next time just speak in Russian and i'll use a translator.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join