It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I donno, Twitter reports are stating attacks on Mariupol a couple hours ago. He may just want to "appear" like he's backing down. Rebels pulling equipment from the front lines in Donetsk, I think it's more like relocating equipment to mariupol. Not to mention another "aid" convoy crossed into Ukraine this evening.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: JonStone

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neutraldave

And let's be fair. When you control the media your approval rating doesn't matter. You can tell tell the people you have a 100% approval rating and a lot of populace will go along with it. They don't want to feel left out of the majority.

And where do you find unbiased main stream media on this planet that is not either state propaganda or owned by a media cartel who is pushing an agenda? Do you really think the western media with Reuters and AP is unbiased? You might get the news you want to your flavor in divide and conquer style but unbiased objective news?

But we have a choice, we can change over to another network sharing a completely different opinion. There are some networks out there that are less bias, not many but some. With the internet around now, we have options.

With internet you can go beyond main steam media. But you will not hear about Turkey and Saudi Arabia helping ISIS on US media. Give me a clip to disprove me.

Here you go. On the first search I did.

Newsweek source

The difference between RT and western media is, that western media gives you both sides of the story most times. RT only gives one side of the story , The Kremlin side.

I agree that RT is biased but the connection between ISIS and other countries are always hushed down in western media. One of the reason ISIS is a "create a problem" to "get a solution they want". Saudi Arabia have a long tradition on being allies to Wahabbi fundamentalist sects. I will believe ISIS is an enemy of House of Saud when they take Mecka. Until then it is "two enemies" with the same goal. Control of Middle east taken from Shia and Christians and put in the hands of Sunni/Wahabbi.

Now back to the thread topic .....

That's strange? Because according to the OP this is the topic of the thread.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

Not the Daesh .
edit on 27-2-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Probly obama killed that guy -_-

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I might have not been clear on what I meant:

Now back to the thread topic ..... (As in now lets go back to thread topic and not discuss ISIS or media propaganda)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Nemtsov was once tipped to be successor to Yeltsin, but Putin snatched that

This line shows how little you know about Russian political life. Nemtsov peaked his popularity BEFORE there appeared a man called Putin. Personally, I doubt Nemtsov was considered to be a successor to Eltsin, he could become a person with an influence comparable to Kissinger, but very unlikely to be next Russian president. Nemtsov have jewish mother, and Russians in general would be very much opposed to him because of this fact. Jewish origin also make almost impossible chances of Chodorkovsky to become Russian ruler, btw.

Nemtsov murder is probably the most high profiled political assassination in modern Russia history. It could be blamed on FSB or some Western intelligence agency. Who would gain from this ? Obviously not Putin, since Nemtsov wasn't dangerous to Putin's regime for the last 10-15 years. In fact Putin's approval is very high, probably in 70-80% range. As recently joked by A. Nevzorov ( kind of independent journalist) it may be even 96% and not 86% , so that Putin's lackeys even forced to lower this figure as not to be seen too similar to Orwell kind of dictatorship

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

You might find this interesting right now there are two groups battling for Russia.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Putin would not gain from this? Hahahahahaha. This was Putin's #1 enemy (in russia). The protests are now cancelled, and since putin killed the guy in a place for everybody to see, it's clear it was done to make a statement, much like a public execution. Putin is a thief, a liar and a murderer. I'm not saying he did this, but it is highly likely that he did. This guy was a serious threat to putin. At the protests, he claimed he had proof that Putin had invaded Ukraine and he had planned to prove it at the protests. Putin had everything to gain from this murder. It's easy to get a high approval rating when you control the media and the people fear to vote against you. Look at N. Korea, their leader has a 100% approval rating also.

You could be right on this though, because if I was part of the opposition, I'd be plotting revenge.
edit on 28-2-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Putin knew this was going to happen...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Of course he did, he planned it!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

No wonder American prisons are overloaded with Jury Trails.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: JonStone

No wonder American prisons are overloaded with Jury Trails.

At least they get to see a trial, as opposed to a public execution with the only crime being a difference of opinion.
edit on 28-2-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

This was Putin's #1 enemy

In one word - no. Nemtsov become part of "controlled opposition" .

At the protests, he claimed he had proof that Putin had invaded Ukraine

Look, there was even Russian Duma legislative approvement of Putin's actions www.bbc.com...
What kind of surprise could Nemtsov disclose ?

Russian population Vox populis, still is largely FOR military involvement in Ukraine. One more or one less demonstration would not change this view rapidly. So, killing Nemtsov was not immediate necessity.

Even close friend of Nemtsov former chess champion G. Kasparov doesn't put all the blame on Putin in the way you are.

From Twitter

Garry KasparovVerified account
‏@Kasparov63
If Putin gave order to murder Boris Nemtsov is not the point. It is Putin's dictatorship. His 24/7 propaganda about enemies of the state.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I might have not been clear on what I meant:

Now back to the thread topic ..... (As in now lets go back to thread topic and not discuss ISIS or media propaganda)

No you weren't clear with your reply to me. Why would you say get back on the thread topic and then post a video of Saudi Arabia funding Daesh?

Forget it don't even reply. I just wanted to make sure everybody could you're full of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone

Putin would not gain from this? Hahahahahaha. This was Putin's #1 enemy (in russia). The protests are now cancelled, and since putin killed the guy in a place for everybody to see, it's clear it was done to make a statement, much like a public execution. Putin is a thief, a liar and a murderer. I'm not saying he did this, but it is highly likely that he did. This guy was a serious threat to putin. At the protests, he claimed he had proof that Putin had invaded Ukraine and he had planned to prove it at the protests. Putin had everything to gain from this murder.

I'll wait and see if they catch the people having it happen in front of the Kremlin they should already know who did it. Be the same as if someone committed a murder in front of the white house. There is so much security and cameras I know they have to have video of the shooting. So what I want to know is how the investigation plus out this will tell us alot. As for the people who say it was the CIA anyone with CIA contact is under constant watch. The KGB just changed there name isn't like now there just total incompetance. To pull this off takes contacts and money. This isn't a random attack they for one had to know he'd be there. Since he was supposed to be under house arrest last I heard. Just that fact alone means he was being followed. My biggest question was why was he there figured red square would be about the last place he wanted to be.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Its like critical thinking and logical deduction has been abandoned on this website since the 10 years I've been here. The cattle moves like Mass Media wants them to move , its like a parade , painful and predictable to watch.

There is a saying in Russia, "its harder to convince an idiot that he is one , it easier to trick him" . I see a lot of experts on Russia here with their linear thinking that draw their knowledge from gods know where.

There is no point trying to argue with some, You say Putin took control of the investigation thus he is guilty , If Putin had remained silent and did not comment much, You would have said he is suspiciously quiet so the blame doesnt fall on him. Your coin has the same face on both sides i am afraid and for some of you thinking its just too hard, why think anyway when the west already presenting Putin's head on a silver plate with a script written next to it. Those who claim here they can spot Russian BS , it makes me laugh , sorry but to understand how the Russian mind works you for starters have to at least speak Russian , and that will not guarantee you much either.

Keep in mind , I do not claim one side did it or the other side did it, i keep all options open , but what i do not want to do is quickly jump into the same predictable river with those anti-Putin cult here.

BTW , typical Western Media

edit on 0amxu31 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

edit on 0amxu08 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

edit on 0amx00000040 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Since he was supposed to be under house arrest last I heard. Just that fact alone means he was being followed.

He wasn't. There is another Putin's critic that is currently under house arrest A. Navalny.

I'm not trying to whitewash Putin or to belittle the crime of Nemtsov's murder, just staying straight with the facts.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Laxus

If it was actually FSB, they would not have done it this way for sure, it would have been a car crash, heart attack , etc...this brings way too much attention and munition for the Western World to play with propaganda wise. He wasn`t even a threat to Putin.

This has to be one of the stupidest threads on this board.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Didn't Putin really begin going ape# after Snowden?

How is that chap getting on anyway?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

How is that chap getting on anyway?

America likes "good tsar of Russia" and condemns the bad one.

After USA in 1993 encouraged unconstitutional Yeltsin's putsch against his own parliament it is USA that also bears responsibility for the failure of democratic reforms in Russia.
A good article to read about this nationalinterest.org...
excerpt from the source

Administration’s support for Yeltsin’s clear violation of Russia’s constitution and his ill-conceived reforms persuaded a large share of Russians that the United States valued friendly and accommodating leadership in Russia above Russia’s democracy, not to mention the well-being of its citizens. It is upon this foundation of perceived U.S. cynicism that today’s Russian anti-Americanism has grown and flourished—along with profound skepticism of U.S. democracy promotion elsewhere that has fueled Moscow’s opposition to U.S. policy in much of the Middle East and Central Asia.

and more

But Putin could not have led Russia in the manner that he has without the third consequence of Yeltsin’s October revolution—a new Russian constitution that radically altered the balance of power between the country’s president and its parliament, greatly empowering the presidency and rendering the new State Duma largely ineffective, particularly in an environment of managed elections that produced increasingly reliable majorities as time went by.

edit on 28-2-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

It is pretty dam boring hearing the Putin attackers who sound like robots by the way, always condemn everything possible as being part of some evil plan that can only be behind the destruction of earth, all the while looking away from all the evidence that way more is going on from multiple viewpoints.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join