It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Famous Russian politician Boris Nemtsov has been shot dead in the center of Moscow, according to Tass news agency. "Boris Nemtsov was shot four times in the center of Moscow at Vasilyevsky spusk. Investigation team is working at the scene," Tass reports siting police sources. Nemtsov’s colleague has confirmed his death.

rt.com...

This is ridiculous. I don't know who is responsible but the Putin Lovers should really give their heads a shake when they spout off about how "cool" Vlad is compared to our politicians in the West.

Putin has to go. He and those who support this kind of "politics" disgust me.

Boris Nemtsov (Борис Ефимович Немцов) was born on Oct. 9, 1959, in Sochi. Education: Gorky State University, radiophysics (1981). Ph.D. physics and mathematics (1985). 1981-1990: Researcher at the Gorky Radiophysics Research Institute 1990: Elected to the Soviet Congress of People's Deputies. Member of the Supreme Soviet's Legislative Committee. 1991: Appointed governor of the Nizhny Novgorod region (re-elected in 1995 with 58.9 percent of the vote). Nemtsov had strongly supported President Yeltsin throughout the late 1990s. 1993: Elected to the Federation Council. During the campaign, he was backed by Russia's Choice and Yabloko, the two main liberal parties at the time. 1997: Appointed first deputy prime minister. He was charged with reforming the energy sector. 1998: Resigns from deputy prime minister post twice in the wake of the 1998 financial crisis (Nemtsov had been a member of Anatoly Chubais' economic reform team) 1999: Co-founded the liberal-democratic Union of Right Forces. Elected to the State Duma, becoming its deputy speaker. 2000-2004: Party leader of the Union of Right Forces (replacing Sergei Kiriyenko). He resigned after the party failed to win any seats in Duma elections in 2003. 2005-2006: Economic adviser to Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko 2007: Withdrew his candidacy for the presidency, saying he wanted to avoid splitting the liberal vote with another candidate, Mikhail Kasyanov 2008: Co-founded the opposition movement Solidarity with Garry Kasparov to unite the various opposition groups 2008: Came second in the election for mayor of Sochi, scoring only 13 percent of the vote compared with 77 percent for the Kremlin-backed candidate, Anatoly Pakhomov 2011: Spent 15 days in jail after leading a public demonstration against restrictions on the freedom of assembly Nemtsov is married and has four children.
edit on 27-2-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think the FSB would probably be a little more discreet with their assassinations.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

"Shot in the center of Moscow".

That sounds painful.

Oh, wait...

edit on 27/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

If the Kremlin isn't poisoning the opposition or putting them in jail then they're just plain KILLING them in cold blood on the street.

What a gutless coward Putin is.

I wonder if those people who are against this will have enough guts to protest this despicable and blatantly obvious crime.

edit on 27-2-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The kgb isn't what it used to be...

Awful blatant...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

You mean like a plutonium laced umbrella ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Not exactly discreet but imaginative. And if you can get away with it then 4 shots in public would certainly discourage others from same activity. Too early to make assumptions but its a very deep rabbit hole

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Fascism is ugly, eh comrade?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

3 OPTIONS

Putin's rating is very high, people love him regardless of what Western Media would have you believe

1 - Some angry civilian group saw him as traitor and killed him,

2 - CIA had him killed in ongoing effort to demonize Putin because he is against western NWO

3 - Putin or one of his people had him killed, BUT AGAIN, there was no need to, Putin's rating in Russian Federation is very high
edit on 27-2-2015 by LotToTell2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Wow if this isn't a message don't know what is. He was organizing an anti putin Rally in march 1st. Wonder what's going to happen with that now did he create a martyr?? Prepair yourselves somehow this will be the USA fault. Putin was smart he can give a message namely don't cross Putin or I'll have you killed at the Kremlin. And of course they'll blame someone and it won't have anything to do with politics maybe he was being mugged.
edit on 2/27/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Crazy people do crazy things .JFK who was not a opposition but a standing president was offed by ? ? ? ....Not sure if this guy will get the coverage in Russia that JFK got in the US but I am thinking that who ever done it may not be found out . I hardly think Putin did it though . Maybe if he died from Judo chops but gun ....na not Pute ..Probably a terrorist . Lets see if Russia comes out with a new law they have had ready to release like Canada did .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2

3 OPTIONS

Putin's rating is very high, people love him regardless of what Western Media would have you believe

2 - CIA had him killed in ongoing effort to demonize Putin because he is against western NWO

3 - Putin or one of his people had him killed, BUT AGAIN, there was no need to, Putin's rating in Russian Federation is very high

The Germans loved Hitler too but that didn't make him any better. Russian citizens don't have any choice but to love Putin and sing his praises while they're waiting in the bread and soup lines. 4 shots in the middle of the street is one reason why.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This is ridiculous. I don't know who is responsible but the Putin Lovers should really give their heads a shake when they spout off about how "cool" Vlad is compared to our politicians in the West. Putin has to go. He and those who support this kind of "politics" disgust me.

It sure looks like you think you know who is reponsible.
edit on 27-2-2015 by MasterMaximum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

This would be my answer as to who.

There are some hard core Putin supporters out there.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I guess if there was any doubt about Putin being as crazy as a heard of "March Hares", there is no doubt now, this is a man with nothing to loose.

Which brings me to another point as to what Putin's intensions are with Ukraine and any other country that used to be part of Russia... this is just beginning.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Almost every week somebody..
Putin owns the media in Russia, mostly, so do we actually see honest ratings? Rallies against Putin happens quite often in Russia.
Here an Old Lady tells what she thinks about him.

you need to turn translation on in video.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

Actually, it may surprise you to know that the "Western Media" hasn't been saying that Putin is unpopular.

CNN - Vladimir Putin's approval rating? Now at a whopping 86%

That's from 2 days ago.

Maybe Nemtsov came into possession of some information that necessitated his immediate assassination and there wasn't time to do it more discretely?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It was probably somebody who worked for Putin himself. In the Ukraine thread, I mentioned that this type of thing is becoming more and more common in Russia. Just happened to be right before an opposition rally, not far at all from the Kremlin. Putin is beginning to remind me of Hitler.
edit on 27-2-2015 by JonStone because: addon

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone
It was probably somebody who worked for Putin himself. In the Ukraine thread, I mentioned that this type of thing is becoming more and more common in Russia. He's beginning to remind me of Hitler.

Only beginning to?
Putin has been directly emulating the actions up to the start of WW2 for a couple of years now, seizing Russian media, destroying political opposition, distracting with a public enemy/scapegoat, causing economic hardship, which then increases the nationalism, threatening a neighbour to "protect Russian speakers", invading under a pretext...

There's a lot that Putin has been doing that directly echoes what Hitler did.

Aside from that, it's too early to say one way or another who is responsible for this politicians murder, but it should not be lost on anyone that Putin has now claimed that he is going to oversee the investigation - meaning that he will be in control of this. That's not good for credibility and he knows it, meaning (if true) it's actually more likely that he was responsible.

If you have nothing to hide you allow those tasked with investigating to do that job, taking control of the investigation reeks of an attempt to over up.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I saw that to taking over the investigation is the dumbest thing he could do unless he ordered it. Since he is one of the suspects it automatically taints the entire investigation.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2

3 OPTIONS

Seeing how this thread is evolving 2 becomes more likely.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join