It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Speaking earlier this month to Russia's Sobesednik news website, he had spoken of his fears for his own life. "I'm afraid Putin will kill me," he said in the article on 10 February (in Russian).

I believe that he was the one who unleashed the war in the Ukraine," he said. "I couldn't dislike him more."

BBC

His last Tweet:

"If you support stopping Russia's war with Ukraine, if you support stopping Putin's aggression, come to the Spring March in Maryino on 1 March,"

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What was the guy thinking. You can't talk like that against the head of Russia and live in Moscow. If that guy is crazy enough to do that in a country like Russia, I am not going to feel sorry for him. If someone here was trying to gain support to overthrow Obama, I am sure that he would be locked up or mysteriously die somehow.

You won't hear the president or congressmen complaining about this, if they did, they would be setting the stage for someone to come in and try to overthrow those on Capital Hill here.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yup, that'll do it alright.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Speaking earlier this month to Russia's Sobesednik news website, he had spoken of his fears for his own life. "I'm afraid Putin will kill me," he said in the article on 10 February (in Russian).

I believe that he was the one who unleashed the war in the Ukraine," he said. "I couldn't dislike him more."

BBC

His last Tweet:

"If you support stopping Russia's war with Ukraine, if you support stopping Putin's aggression, come to the Spring March in Maryino on 1 March,"

Brave man he knew and still continued that's the reason he became a threat even Putin knew he wasn't going to stop.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Rocker2013

BBC

I think you might be right.

Incidentally, I wonder where all the Putin fans are right now? Why aren't they all piling in here?
Could it be that Putin taking control of the investigation is making even his most avid pro-Russian ATS'ers queasy?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What was the guy thinking. You can't talk like that against the head of Russia and live in Moscow. If that guy is crazy enough to do that in a country like Russia, I am not going to feel sorry for him.

So you believe that political change should never happen when threats are made?
I guess in that case you think slavery in the US should still exist, and you have no sympathy for the many hundreds of thousands who dies fighting against it?

Hoe about the World Wars? If you expect to be killed does that mean you should give up?

One is bravery, the other is apathy.

If someone here was trying to gain support to overthrow Obama, I am sure that he would be locked up or mysteriously die somehow.

In the US and most other countries it's called democracy.
This man was not attempting to organize the "overthrow" of anyone, he was the LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION.

You do know how democracy works, right?

You seem to be in favor of fascism, claiming that people should not challenge the state, and a political opposition is equivalent of an attempted coup.

You won't hear the president or congressmen complaining about this, if they did, they would be setting the stage for someone to come in and try to overthrow those on Capital Hill here.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this.
It's common practice for the US to release a statement when something like this happens.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Seriously guys , you have to start using your brain a bit, stop using Putin as a scapegoat for your own personal beliefs.

Do you really think FSB is that sloppy , to make a blatant unprofessional firework murder of a high profile target in the middle of Moscow for the whole western world to see. We pretty much know what turn it will take, just look at the Malasian airline, first hours of the tragic events all Western Media had Putins picture with the wreckage calling him a murderer( Thats when the economic sanctions hit Russia). If FSB did decide to kill him , he would either disappear from the face of the earth or die from "natural causes" like a heart attack....

He was either killed by some pro Putin supporters as they viewed him as a traitor with current tensions high between 2 countries and him trying to organize another of his farce meetings. Or his death was used as a martyr for the USA, Ukraine etc to put more pressure on Russia / Putin .

With all the sanctions on Russia currently , Putin is not loosing any credibility in his country and Russia is not changing its course of actions regardless of the sanctions in place, meanwhile Ukrainian economy is shrinking by the hours, people becoming more unhappy , tensions are growing high , public anger needs to be guided away from the government, thus a blame must be put on someone, and who else fits the best profile so far ? of course , the Big Dictator Putin...

Come on now just think for yourselves for once, apply all possibilities , come up with 10 reasons who will benefit from Nemtsovs death, the answer should become more clear eventually.

edit on 0pmxu01 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Laxus

If it looks like a Putin and acts like a Putin....

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This wasn't a message for the West. This was a message for any Russians that might also oppose Putin. And let's be fair his high approval rating has never stopped Putinfrom silencing the opposition. Just look at the journalists who have been the subject of mysterious accidents since Putin took power. Funny how they were all outspoken against Putin.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Laxus
Do you really think FSB is that sloppy , to make a blatant unprofessional firework murder of a high profile target in the middle of Moscow for the whole western world to see.

You mean obvious like killing someone with a Pllonium 210 in London?

Yeah, that was so subtle, not intended to send a message at all!

originally posted by: Laxus
Come one now just think for yourselves for once, apply all possibilities , come up with 10 reasons who will benefit from Nemtsovs death, the answer should become more clear eventually.

Okay, lets look at this...
People who would benefit.

1. Putin
As a vocal critic of Putin, and currently rallying potentially thousands of people to march and protest in Moscow against Putin's actions, calling him a liar and a porpagandist publicly, he was a target of President Putin.

2. Pro-Putin activists
While plausible, this also risks only strengthening the anti-Putin sentiment in Russia. This could galvanize the opposition and make it even stronger.

3. Putin critics seeking a martyr
It's unlikely, but possible that his own allies could have theoretically considered that killing him might mobilize the public against Putin even more. Still, very unlikely.

4. Threatened oligarchs
Potentially, someone making a lot of money from Putin being in power could have had him killed, but then again it's unlikely considering this man had little power to actually change anything without being in the position. Killing him would have been needlessly problematic.

And then, lets not forget, Putin has now apparently taken control of the investigation.

I'm afraid that this one last point is enough to tell most people that Putin is attempting to hide something here. If he has nothing to hide, why not just leave it to those who usually investigate, rather than making yourself look suspicious by taking control?

This does nothing at all for his credibility, and he would know this. It seems like the decision of someone who needs to make sure things are not uncovered and is willing to risk credibility to take that control.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What a surprise...another Putin opponent publicly executed within view of the Kremlin, days before a huge anti-Putin rally. It's strange how Putin opponents all get murdered while Putin friends all become billionaires. Just one of those coincidences in life I guess!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

I love how people in Russia actually believe the state run media. You honestly think those ratings are real? How gullible can a group of people be?

I refuse to judge all Russian's based on their government's actions, and believe the average Russian is good and hard working. I think the average person around the world is overall good in nature, but 3-4% of the population that are sociopaths tend to rise to powerful positions in companies/governments. This allows the most evil among us to control our future.

Stop being so naive. You Russians spend too much time focusing on everything US related, and not nearly enough time on the insane amount of mafia like corruption that is going on right under your noses.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nemtsov was working on a report presenting evidence that he believed proved Russia's direct involvement in the separatist rebellion that erupted in eastern Ukraine last year.

www.cbc.ca...

The plot thickens....
edit on 27-2-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

This wasn't a message for the West. This was a message for any Russians that might also oppose Putin. And let's be fair his high approval rating has never stopped Putinfrom silencing the opposition. Just look at the journalists who have been the subject of mysterious accidents since Putin took power. Funny how they were all outspoken against Putin.

Very much like the reasoning behind a public execution. To use it as an example.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The Russian shills will be on here shortly to blame this execution on the US/West/CIA/FBI etc...just wait.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The Russian shills will be on here shortly to blame this execution on the US/West/CIA/FBI etc...just wait.

A few are already here.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

They have already pounded this thread hard...like usual. The lack of logic behind the US killing a leader of the opposition to Putin completely failing to get past the Russian Flag wrapped around their heads.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

There are a lot of people around that seem to have a single purpose and interest.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just saw two interesting things.

One was a screen shot on Twitter from a Russian news agency claiming that the woman he was walking with was a Ukrainian citizen.

And this from RT:

00:56 GMT: The Opposition Republican Party of Russia, RPR-Parnas, has called on its supporters to assemble on Saturday morning on Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge, where Nemtsov was killed.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is my early guess.

A group supporting Putin did this.
Someone high up, close to Putin, and given the green light to deal with any "opposition" politically or physically used a hit squad.

Where it gets interesting is when the culprits are arrested.
-They will be caught, btw. Putin will look weak and unable to deal with terrorism if they aren't caught so ya that's a given.
The culprits won't have any information, clues, or trails. If they do they may even be ordered/trained to commit suicide.
So the next few hours/days will be revealing,

Just my guess, and while we debate let's not forget that this man had four children. I guess politics is a dangerous game in Russia. Rest in Peace.

edit on 27-2-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join