It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss of Christianity induced morality is destroying America

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

ya know when you are sitting in a church full of women after have a major blowout with your husband about being there and you hear one of those ladies wisper to another something like:
"Well if her husband doesn't want her to be here maybe she shouldn't"

I'm sorry but maybe the christian church is more responsible for the loss of members than anyone else?

So what are those "true christians" going to do about the "ever growing problem of immorality" in the country outside of b tch at strangers on the forums or whine to the gov't in an attempt to get them to do something about it??

I know what the Bible tells yas to do and it isn't griping at us or running to the gov't!

By the way if you want my opinion as to why things are so screwed up well the fish rots from the head!

I've recently lost my husband not that long ago. I have three sons one's in school compliments of the GI bill the other two are working low wage jobs. As many of yous know I gave up on working at a job when I figured out that it was costing most of my earnings to fix the medical problems than I was earning. So for the last serveral years I have been playing happy homemaker and taxi driver for my son while he works at getting a license and car and I think that we can last under these conditions maybe two or three months before we are running in deficits. Many of yous have read on these boards much of the problems that we've had in the past. Like how I see people jumping out of cars and running into the stores after parking in the handicapped spots. There are quite a few people I have known that are in much better health than be that have been drawing disability all along while we have struggled to live within our means!
which for us meant very little medical care definately not enough to satisfy a disability board!

My husband entered the workforce at the age of 16 and was a journeyman tool and die maker when he passed on! All my kids would love the chance to obtain training and a better job!

And of course it seems as though I will fall through the cracks again nope no help for me!! Instead of those kids continuing to save what little money they've been able to save we will all be moving back in together and they will be having to help me out instead!!!

But I am sure that the dear gov't will have no problem taking their money to and using it to bail out the banks, pay disability to men who just don't want to work just to have a part of it taken in child support, to pay for the family of four that consists of three kids from three different husbands! and of course wars that are based solely on lies!!

if we aren't too far left then we are too far right, there is no middle ground! We get what we invest in! We kill healthy families to save the unhealthy ones! And of course, we always make sure that the rich and the powerful are able to become more rich and powerful!!

but the immorality started in the head!! Many families broke up mainly because the going got far too rough and at least that way the kids could have their needs met! And the conservatives played just as much a role in the downfall as the liberals.

The christians need to be preaching at the leaders (and praying that God will allow their hearts to feel a twinge of guilt once in awhile) of this country instead of the common folk!!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Entreri06

Nothing more could be said to prove the point of the OP than your post.

I'm not really accusing nor blaming you whatsoever. Your a product of this environment.

YOU SEE NOTHING WRONG!

33? Just starting .
Envision, if you will, what you have learned in your 33 years. Now add 30 more, sans the hormonal issues, and you may glean the potential as yet unrealized that you possess. Rather than listening and perhaps learning from those that have 'been there, done that AND have the T-shirt', you scoff.

As far as data? Yes, much more available to 'learn'. As far as what is prioritized, it's off the rails. An amazing number of our high school graduates can't even read. Never mind conjugate. Now common core. It transcends stupidity and borders on sabotage.

Basic personal morals has been subverted into 'social morals'. Based on subjective-and manipulated-concepts as 'fair', 'equality' and 'justice'. It's a lot tougher to mess with don't steal, don't lie, don't murder, respect of parents and the like.

I know you don't see it. I get you think we're full of s***t.

I humbly suggest to you to sit down some afternoon at a park bench and visit with some old man/lady and visit with them. Listen to them.

There is a world of wisdom out there that is empirically learned. Outside the classroom. Absorb some of those pearls and you will begin to shed some of the garbage you have been taught that up to now went unrecognized.

Religion is a personal understanding to be used or ignored as you choose.

The Judeo-Christian moral code, however, albeit, flawed and even contradictory, prima facie, has as it's legacy, western civilization. Even the Constitution and the Bill of Rights has, as a foundation, the good will of the people via that basic code.

No need to spew back all the things 'wrong' with it or the U.S. or whatever. We've heard them all and understand them.

We may even agree...to an extent.

What should give you pause is the fact that despite every valid point raised pointing out those flaws, nothing has come close to matching their achievements as reflected by the continued support given by us!!

Such is the value we give it. We aren't idiots. Neither are you.....

Of course the world isn't perfect!! Of course the world has problems!! The question was are things getting worse or better?

The thing is that you are cherry picking both "time zones " ( lol I'm sure you get what I mean). Your ignoring the far greater atrocities of the 50s and 60s, while latching on to the couple things that were better for a select few. What if you were a black person in that same era? You couldn't even use the bathroom in most places or order food.

60 years ago was in the middle of all the anti communist McCarthy era! Vietnam, the Tuskegee experiments and the list goes on. Sure if you were a upper middle class white family in Kansas, it was probubally pretty sweet. However the poor and disabled had it horribly. Now even the poor have cell phones , internet access and a food stamp card. In the 50s you just starved/froze to death.

Thousands of kids died of diseases we now have vaccines for. The violent crime rate was higher. Life expectancy far lower.

Religion had 100,000 years of running society and how far did we get as a species? Pretty far, made it to the top species on the planet. But in 100 years of following science and ignoring religion we made it from the horse and buggy to the moon!

Science is what is killing Christianity, but it's because Christianity refuses to admit when it's wrong and improve upon it's mistakes. Which is the base of science, you find out the truth and fix it. You don't bury your head in the sand and stick to the dogma of Bronze Age goat herders.
edit on 1-3-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Atrocities of the 50s and 60s ,eh?

How about 56 million babies aborted since Roe Vs Wade? A 'choice' or an 'atrocity'?

If viewed as an atrocity, what in the 50's or 60's even remotely approach it?

Religion has been running society for 100,000 years? Really? Then how do you account for Royalty? Dictators? Empires?
All of which flies in the teeth of religious tenets, universally?

You statement of "100 years of following science and ignoring Religion" is pure ignorance, IMO.

If I can impart one point for you to consider it's this: It isn't a science or Religion proposition. They are not necessarily in conflict. Not one or the other. I believe that the two will eventually merge, trauma not withstanding...

Religion certainly hasn't been ignored for the last hundred years. It can be argued that the scientific gains have been under the umbrella of the Judeo-Christian mores. Science in western civilization has flourished under the 'Christian faith'.

In some areas, I can say I surpass your scientific, or at least technical knowledge, I would go as far to say I can be interested in, learn any so-called scientific field without excluding, denying Religion whatsoever. So have many others.

I can point out obvious stupidities within the scientific arena, as you can, it suffers from the same stupidities as every other human activity.

In many cases, your 'you find out truth and fix it' is more accurately, 'you find out the truth and bury it'! Both with flaws.
Yet, again, the morals of the 'scientist' is fundamental....Back to the OP......

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

How about 56 million babies aborted since Roe Vs Wade? A 'choice' or an 'atrocity'?

How about calling them fetuses, not babies, for that is what they are?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

It depends who you are. You may call them popsicles for all I care. Your fetuses have morphed into near birth abortions where the 'fetus' is viable.

That IS an atrocity......

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: lambs to lions
a reply to: Tangerine

That's cool, I admire your honesty. You despise Christianity, I respect your right to do so. I also hope that you will one day change your mind and open your heart. Until then, I'll see you around on the board. Hopefully, we can discuss other topics that are not so polarizing in the future.

Yes, I hope so. Please note that I don't hate most Christians, themselves. I'm not sure I actually hate any. Beautiful lion, by the way. Is he actually melanistic or is the photo color altered?

So you admitted a general hate but not all of them for being themselves. the brain twisted itself into a correction, thinking well maybe I dont hate any at all, paid a compliment. Did you just convert or something?

No, you misread, perhaps intentionally. I dislike the Abrahamic religions. I don't dislike the individual followers simply because they follow Abrahamic religions. That said, some of them, the fundamentalists, are, in my opinion, mentally unbalanced and/or ignorant and potentially or actually dangerous. Is that clear enough?

Did I just convert to what? Critical reasoning? No, I've been engaging in that for a long time.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

More than 70% of all women having abortions identify as Christians.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

When aren't humans using and excuse instead of looking at themselves and taking responsibility for what they are doing, not only by group... yah too lazy to hate individually... hey you christian? derpa derpa! Wanna hate something worthwhile? Hate the hate within oneself. See it's root, know it's cause... it was from an action someone using a label as and excuse or justification for their action that made you hate wasn't it? Once you see it was the action that you hate, you can see it was really a motivation out of ignorance that made you hate the person that caused them to do what they did, ignorance is not bliss when you know better. It's an excuse, and any justification for wrong to be twisted into right is a scape goat for responsibility like you did in your previous reply... stating the hate you felt then twisting it to a positive and ending with a compliment, then come back for more.

Not attacking you or trying to provoke you just show you all the karma of your words that are infecting your consciousness that is not bring it nor anyone else peace.

I suggest you go back and actually read my post. Are you defending the Abrahamic religions or are you defending karma which is most decidedly a near-eastern religious concept? I think karma is a very nice concept but I have not witnessed it working. That said, it's far preferable to threats of eternal torture. Which do you prefer?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

How about calling them fetuses, not babies, for that is what they are?

I agree with you but don't take the bait. It's an attempt to derail the thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No doubt. it easy for a male to poo-poo it too.

Sigh. Still 56 million??

If this isn't a perfect example of a society out of whack, I don't know what is?

Lord, I want off this rock.......

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Most of this whining is coming from men who can't accept the fact that the incestuous twins patriarchy and the appalling Abrahamic religions are in their death throes and women are no longer willing to be their doormats.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Religion has been running society for 100,000 years? Really? Then how do you account for Royalty? Dictators? Empires? All of which flies in the teeth of religious tenets, universally?

????
have to ask this
just how does the religious tenets oppose kings and empires??
I mean sure God gave Isreal Judges to begin with. but the conservative right don't seem to like the judges ruling on much of anything today do they? So well when Isreal wanted a king god gave them one. Some of Isreal's kings ruled well others did not and eventually the divide was large enough to split the nation into two..
And let's not talk about empires shall we?? I mean they don't call it the Holy Roman Empire for nothing!!!
That just leaves dictators and well the kings of old were dictators weren't they???

But I see you have come to the biggest gripe- abortion!!

maybe if yous worked harder to give women a better reason to have children they wouldn't be wanting to abort them?? I mean ya you will live your life in proverty if you have kids is not that good of an incentive!

edit on 1-3-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Religion has been running society for 100,000 years? Really? Then how do you account for Royalty? Dictators? Empires? All of which flies in the teeth of religious tenets, universally?

????
have to ask this
just how does the religious tenets oppose kings and empires??
I mean sure God gave Isreal Judges to begin with, he didn't actually want to but he did.

What God? By the way, it's spelled Israel.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sigh. Still 56 million??

56 million people who were never born and never supposed to be born. Add the number of people who were never born because of birth control and what do you get? A whole lot of people who never were and who never were supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

oh well learn something new every day usually something I don't really care about anyways

it just would be nice if the people would at least know the basis of the religion they are griping at us for not following!

edit on 1-3-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
Are you suggesting that somehow Christian ideals support child abuse and rape?

Church of Rome priests think that....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

oh well learn something new every day usually something I don't really care about anyways

it just would be nice if the people would at least know the basis of the religion they are griping at us for not following!

Yes, I think it is important to study the religions one criticizes. I think you were referring to the other poster but if you were referring to me, I have studied Christianity and used to be one.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

On the first part, I think I stepped into doo-doo. LOL.

I haven't thumbed through a bible in over 50 years...

Certainly the way dictatorship and empires have acted flies in the teeth of Christian tenets. As far as the actual leaders go. at a guess, the King of Kings mentality?

there are others out there far more knowledgeable than I on the subject. I may be wrong on that one.

As far as abortion goes? At least in the U.S. birth control is readily available and in many cases free of charge. I know women who were fully capable of supporting a child who had abortions. One lady I know had an abortion because it cut across a planned vacation to Europe.

Abstinence isn't unheard of either.

I don't know where to draw the line. Indifference to 56 million lost? That's way past my line......

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I understand your point.

Sanctity of life is part of most Religions.

You say weren't supposed to be.

All I can say is , "thanks Mom."

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I understand your point.

Sanctity of life is part of most Religions.

You say weren't supposed to be.

All I can say is , "thanks Mom."

You're not familiar with "most religions". There are thousands of them. I doubt that you're familiar with more than one or two.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join